Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830602 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7100 on: August 21, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »

The damn PPV is in Edge's hometown!
So it was in Cena's last night....

....and half the crowd were still against him Grin
Evolution
« Reply #7101 on: August 21, 2006, 11:55:12 AM »

Really? Haha quality.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7102 on: August 21, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »

I don't see how Cena is going to get a shot for Unforgiven though, he can't just be given another one, and it would be ridiculous if Edge just accepts a challenge because... well, that would just be stupid.

... Maybe there will be a tournament, or a battle royal, or... maybe I'm giving wwe too much credit and Edge will just accept a shitty challenge from Cena.

Edge cheated so Cena has grounds for a rematch, which is likely to be a tlc match.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7103 on: August 21, 2006, 03:01:40 PM »

6 right! Well, 5 right, Dave won by DQ, but I'll pretend he didn't.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7104 on: August 21, 2006, 06:27:23 PM »

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

There has been informal contact made with both Road Dogg (now BG James) and Billy Gunn (Kip James) about coming back to WWE for the new DX. Road Dogg was directly approached about it, but both of them are under contract to TNA so it?s not happening.

This comes as a surprise to many as the two have publicly bashed WWE, specifically Triple H, multiple times in the past.

Damn you TNA! Let them go and be free, so they can have they're cool names back and entrance music and wrestle in a 4 sided ring, you've made these guys stale and boring!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #7105 on: August 21, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

Damn! I loved the Outlaws  no
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #7106 on: August 21, 2006, 07:22:28 PM »

Guys, guys guys....NO! NO! NO!!!!

Have you seen them in TNA? They are easily, without a shadow of a doubt the absolute worst thing on the entire show. My god when they were feuding with LAX, James' dad 60 year old 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong was better than the two of them put together and he was pitiful.

WWE, whatever you do, continue with just HHH/HBK, get new members, split them up anything just no Roaddog, no Billy Gunn and definately no X-Pac!! (If you can get Ric Rude, then I will allow him and only him)

The only exception to this is if they can get nash/hall/hogan/bischoff etc... to reform the nWo and have a survivor series match between the 2.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7107 on: August 22, 2006, 01:52:20 PM »

Damn! I loved the Outlaws? no

In their day as part of DX they were awesome.

One of the best of the new age tage teams.

Up there with the dudleys and the hardys.

Billy gunn was also wicked in the smoking gunns, he was a pure tag team wrestler. Why they ever put him solo i'll never know.

However for me the best tag team ever was the dudleys

Discuss

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #7108 on: August 22, 2006, 01:54:17 PM »

Dave Meltzer @ WrestlingObserver.com has a story up reporting about an apparent case of Hulk Hogan and Triple H trying to one up each other last night at SummerSlam.

It began when Hogan (who by all accounts got the biggest pop of the night) did the DX crotch chop after defeating Randy Orton in their match last night. Later on in the evening, after defeating the McMahons, Triple H did the Hogan ear cupping and did not get near the reaction Hogan did. In fact early in the match when Triple H did the "Are You Ready" DX gimmick, the crowd was not very vocal.

Some people believe Hogan "punked them out" last night but that is apparently not how management sees it. Apparently backstage at Raw tonight, Triple H, was going "I've got three words for you, Suck it brother."

I could have done without seeing the Hogan crotch chop....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7109 on: August 22, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »

Billy gunn was also wicked in the smoking gunns, he was a pure tag team wrestler. Why they ever put him solo i'll never know.
Always be a big fan of his, he always did well for a guy his size and i believe if booked properly he could of made it as a solo star.  As Mr. Ass he was way over, it was when they dropped that things went wrong....

....He had one of the best dropkicks in the business, nailed a class Stinger Splash complete with Ric Flair drop when he missed it, and i thought he was good at selling moves in the exaggerated over the top amusing way, fine it often looked fake but it was amusing, and his finisher ruled to, the Fameasser, i remember when he nailed one from off the top onto X-Pac to win the King of the Ring, i marked out big style.....and here's one of the best ones he ever nailed...

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7110 on: August 22, 2006, 02:11:30 PM »

yeah Billy Gunn was great...

I hated the Mr Ass gimmick...they should bring all of DX back...all or none i say

DX is basically using the same gags from the first time...kinda lame...

and lita throwing the belt into the lake...ingenious..never seen that before Roll Eyes

remeber when Austin (i think) threw angle's medals into the water...that whole storyline was great

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7111 on: August 22, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »

Always be a big fan of his, he always did well for a guy his size and i believe if booked properly he could of made it as a solo star.? As Mr. Ass he was way over, it was when they dropped that things went wrong....

....He had one of the best dropkicks in the business, nailed a class Stinger Splash complete with Ric Flair drop when he missed it, and i thought he was good at selling moves in the exaggerated over the top amusing way, fine it often looked fake but it was amusing, and his finisher ruled to, the Fameasser, i remember when he nailed one from off the top onto X-Pac to win the King of the Ring, i marked out big style.....and here's one of the best ones he ever nailed...

He was always cool.

But was never had the same credibility as a solo in my opinion.

Where do you guys get all these clips from?

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7112 on: August 22, 2006, 02:17:56 PM »

Where do you guys get all these clips from?
Various internet forums and the like, just searching around....

...used to use a foreign one but i've lost the link.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7113 on: August 22, 2006, 02:18:27 PM »

remeber when Austin (i think) threw angle's medals into the water...that whole storyline was great

Didn't Austin also throw the belt into the water too?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #7114 on: August 22, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

I hated how obvious it was that it wasn't the real spinner belt.

I remember when Billy Gunn wan KOTR, I thought he was the next big star for real  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #7115 on: August 22, 2006, 02:24:01 PM »

I remember when Billy Gunn wan KOTR, I thought he was the next big star for real? hihi
Me to, i was so looking forward to his push, i remember when he faced The Rock on PPV............
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7116 on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:30 PM »

I remember when Billy Gunn wan KOTR, I thought he was the next big star for real? hihi

I just could never see how some called Mr. Ass could win.

I loved DX when it first came about and the Outlaws were as much a part of that as anyone. I remember thinking when they split up that Road Dogg and Billy gunn would never make it as singles wrestlers. Billy nearly did. But not quite

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #7117 on: August 22, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »

Roaddogg came around in a time where charisma was pushed over wrestling ability, even more so than these days. Had he kept his drug problems in check he really could have been someone huge I reckon.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #7118 on: August 22, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »

Roaddogg came around in a time where charisma was pushed over wrestling ability, even more so than these days. Had he kept his drug problems in check he really could have been someone huge I reckon.

are you saying that the wobbly knee drop wasn't a classic technical move!!! Shocked

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #7119 on: August 22, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »

Maybe i just remember thinking thats the end of them.

I mean Billy did win KOTR and have a semi push which won him the IC title if i remember. But he just never looked more than a tag champ to me.

But what do i know.

I'd be pushing Carlito and Randy Orton over Cena.

I'm hoping that Carlito will eventully have a long length IC title run beating lots of different people and then he'll get a push in to the next rank to where he is now.

and Randy Orton. Well forget Lashley or anyone else. If he can keep his head screwed on he is the future of WWE

[/color]

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: