Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 765524 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6620 on: July 22, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »

ECW should just be put in charge of Paul Heyman

The WWE wouldn't let something like that happen.

And thats why its shit

I'm not saying don't monitor him and keep him in line. Just let ECW be his. Lets face it no matter who owns ECW it will always be Paul Heyman's Baby. Vince was so worried by ECW when it was at his prime and you had Taz and RVD as the World and TV champs respectivally, you'd think he'd understand to get the same out of it you need to put the same into it and the only person who knows what it takes is Paul Heyman

WWE are experts of giving you just enough without you ever really being entertained. They came unstuck when Eric Bischoff created the prime years of WCW with Goldberg at the helm and fans turned over. And it needed Austin to drag it back. . .But WWE dont have an Austin anymore they have nothing new if it goes wrong aside from Edge and Randy Orton. They will be forced to go back to HHH . . which is where we were 3 years ago

ECW was about the wrestling and spots.

WWE is about the story.

They have to find a solution in between IMO

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:33:06 PM by Gnrfan » Logged

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6621 on: July 22, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »

I'm so fucking sick of seeing John Cena vs. Edge that I've actually lost interest in Edge now.?

Edge deserves his run.

i think he is the best thing going for WWE right now.

Him and RVD should be leading it forward if RVD just wasn't such a drug head.

John Cena should just fuck right off. He's had his run its time to let Edge and Randy Orton take over the Raw reigns

[/color]

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6622 on: July 22, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

D show, we still get Heat remember?

haha don't forget AM Raw which is on Saturdays at like 2 am..............The F show!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Evolution
« Reply #6623 on: July 22, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »

I guess that makes WWE Experience the E show?  Grin

Think how good a Edge Vs RVD Vs Orton title match would be.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6624 on: July 22, 2006, 12:43:03 PM »

I guess that makes WWE Experience the E show?? Grin

Yeah. Its the Money match for me right now.

I mean there could be a title involved or not . . Who cares. You know your gonna get at least a 7 out of 10 match. I hate the fact that only the title matches get any real build up. Can you imagine those 3 kicking the crap out of each other for a month then a match to end it with. . . Thats worth tuning in for

I mean i watched AJ Styles vs Chrisopher Daniels last night from a video and it was the same sorta feeling you knew you were in for something special. Thats what those 3 guys give you.

Also Kurt Angle too is awesome. WWE/ECW just need some new exciting blood.

A

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #6625 on: July 22, 2006, 12:45:49 PM »

Yeah, why don't we get triple threats and four way title matches more often? You never really know who will win. Plus the more guys, the more quality exchanges as everyone isn't as tired.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #6626 on: July 22, 2006, 12:47:13 PM »

I guess that makes WWE Experience the E show?? Grin

As long as Cena's out of the title picture, any main event would be good! hihi

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6627 on: July 22, 2006, 12:49:45 PM »

Imagine how hard its gonna be drafting for WWE Game IV...

Im definitely gonna take steroid testing under advisement when I make my selections.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6628 on: July 22, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »

Yeah, why don't we get triple threats and four way title matches more often? You never really know who will win. Plus the more guys, the more quality exchanges as everyone isn't as tired.

Yeah i remember some ECW 3 ways that were obviously set up but was Awesome.

I remember when every match on a PPV had at least 2 weeks of build up. and proper build up at that.

Its just that WWE are short of real exciting wrestlers.

I mean they got rid of Jeff Hardy, Christian, Rhino and the Dudleys all of who would be awesome to watch. I remember Rhino Piledriving RVD through a table on the outside in ECW, Jeff Hardy Swanton bombing off a balcony at the Royal Rumble, Christian in the TLC matches taking A bubba bomb from the ladder and the 3D alone is more exciting than watching Kane wrestle . . why get rid of these people?

[/color]

Evolution
« Reply #6629 on: July 22, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »

Just like WCW lost their backbone in Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho and Rey, WWE lost theirs in guys like Rhino, Dudleyz and Christian IMO.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #6630 on: July 22, 2006, 01:00:06 PM »

It might be just me, but for some reason, I think Cena would make a good heel champion. If not the champ, at least turn him heel 'officially'. He'd probably get cheered more.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Evolution
« Reply #6631 on: July 22, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »

100% with you. His late 2003 run as heel was why he got cheered in the first place, The way he was so watered down in 2005 is why he gets booed.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6632 on: July 22, 2006, 01:22:11 PM »

Just like WCW lost their backbone in Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho and Rey, WWE lost theirs in guys like Rhino, Dudleyz and Christian IMO.

I totally agree.

Its all well and good to have your "stars" and your future "hall of famers" i.e. Flair, Undertaker, HHH, HBK etc. But remind me when they were last in a match of the year. Probally Undertaker vs Mankind right . . . Because Mankind (Foley) agreed to be put through hell. Even though he lost it was Mankind's victory and wasn't long before they had to turn him face coz everyone respected him so much.

Its the other Wrestlers that i watch for the RVD's ,the Shelton Benjamin's, The Randy Orton's, The CM Punk's and The Edge's of this world.

I mean with all their History how great would and Edge vs Christian feud be. Especially for the title!

You always have to respect the people who brough the business where it is. But you also have to respect that they are only there coz someone stepped aside and put them there. Like Bret Hart did for Austin, Like HHH did for Batista and going way back like Hogan did for the Ultimate Warrior.

If these Ego's wont let these guys come through then the WWE is doomed. Coz the future right now is people like Edge, RVD, Rey, ?Orton, Batista, Angle and Cena (like it or not).

There are so many talented guys out there right now in all federations such as AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, CM Punk, Jodi Fliesch Aries, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Carlito, Sonjay Dutt, Christian, Shelton Benjamin, Rhino, Christopher Daniels and Samoan Joe to name a few. Imagine them all in the same place at the same time. Just Think what they can do. And if WWE have any ambition to really be No1 and i'm not just talking about TV ratings they should invest in these people as they are the future and not Undertaker, HHH, HBK and Flair. These people should be making these other guys stars like people did for them.

It might be just me, but for some reason, I think Cena would make a good heel champion

He'd be good. But Edge is Awesome. you wanna see how to be a bonafide Heel champion. Go look at Jarrett in TNA. He's not the greatest wrestler or most entertaining. But he is an expert in how to be a Heel champion . . just like HHH

[/color]

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #6633 on: July 22, 2006, 01:49:48 PM »

Show has officially replaced Khali in the match with Taker at the GAB...I think this may be the worst ppv ever

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6634 on: July 22, 2006, 02:12:41 PM »

Show has officially replaced Khali in the match with Taker at the GAB...I think this may be the worst ppv ever

true

i kinda like the big show. of all the big men hes alright. surely Undertaker can't beat the ECW champion tho.

This is where the roster split seems stupid.

ECW should invade or do something like that

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6635 on: July 22, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »

Nah, it would be the worst if Khali was still in it Wink Tongue

On a serious note though, it ain't that bad.

Regal vs Finlay, if given enough time will be a classic.

Rey vs King Booker should be a solid match.

The Tag Title match has 4 amazing talents so that should rule.

Word is Helms will be defending his Cruiserweight Title to.

In all honesty, the 3 people who have been cut from the ppv, would of had much worse matches than the ones set up now..... yes

Big Show is a poor worker but he's ten times the guy Khali is.

Lashley was easily gonna be the poorest worker in the Triple Threat.

And as for Mark Henry.....do i really need to comment on him? Tongue

As for stars WWE 'Let Go'. ?Jeff Hardy fucked himself up, he's so much of an unreliable wreck even TNA won't touch him. ?Team 3-D are stale, i'll admit they would be good for the tag division but the big E would be better off creating new ones, Dudleyz are waaaay past it. ?As for Christian, the dude quit, whether TNA was there or not he said he was leaving. ?He was frustrated, true, but he's said after all these years the schedule was getting too much. ?Sayin' that he was so over in WWE they should of put the Title on him.

And on the subject of who the future of the company is, lumping Angle in there with those other names, i can't see it. ?The dude is dependany on painkillers, doctors in the past have told him to retire, due to his addiction he's been suspended for 30 day, question is if they are tryin' to help him, by making him quit taking all these painkillers, what does that say for his career, from what's been said about his body, it's a wreck now, he could not wrestle without them right? ?So if they fix his addiction/dependancy don't they kill his career?

What annoys me the most about the business today is all the big novelty matches going to the main event stars only.

The Tag Title/IC Title have been contested through Ladder Matches, TLC, Cage....

...The midcard got Tables Matches, Hardcore Brawls, you know gimmick matches to settle feuds. ?Now it's only the top guys.

Imagine if Londrick vs The Pitbulls was a Ladder or Cage Match, with those talents so much is possible....
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6636 on: July 22, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »

As for stars WWE 'Let Go'.  Jeff Hardy fucked himself up, he's so much of an unreliable wreck even TNA won't touch him.  Team 3-D are stale, i'll admit they would be good for the tag division but the big E would be better off creating new ones, Dudleyz are waaaay past it.  As for Christian, the dude quit, whether TNA was there or not he said he was leaving.  He was frustrated, true, but he's said after all these years the schedule was getting too much.  Sayin' that he was so over in WWE they should of put the Title on him.

Christian Left haha. . . anyone would with his talent who is not given the respect he deserved. They threw him between the Tag and IC titles. He had no purpose. They could never seperate him from Edge and they saw that as a bad thing instead of embracing it and using to for an awesome feud down the line. WWE let him and Jericho leave (i know he had his music, but in a way he was forced) they just was not how Vince sees a champion. And now look whats happened Cena had it for ages . . What a joke after releasing two people who are ten times the perfomer.

The Dudleys are one of the elite teams of all time. They won, they lost but they were always No.1 and WWE still does not have team to compare to them. Just like the New Age Outlaws when they were on top they were good and tried to split them up and it lost them credibility and it was hard to go back.

Jeff Hardy is bad now but he wasn't that bad when he left and there was complete double standards in the promotion then. HHH can do what he wants but the lower card wrestlers couldn't. Thats why he isn't there. and since then he has got worse.

What annoys me the most about the business today is all the big novelty matches going to the main event stars only.

The Tag Title/IC Title have been contested through Ladder Matches, TLC, Cage....

...The midcard got Tables Matches, Hardcore Brawls, you know gimmick matches to settle feuds.  Now it's only the top guys.

Imagine if Londrick vs The Pitbulls was a Ladder or Cage Match, with those talents so much is possible....

Agree totally.

More build up is needed for matches and less feud spanning 2 or 3 PPV's also

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6637 on: July 22, 2006, 02:40:46 PM »

...The midcard got Tables Matches, Hardcore Brawls, you know gimmick matches to settle feuds.? Now it's only the top guys.

Agree totally.

More build up is needed for matches and less feud spanning 2 or 3 PPV's also
Yeah, i've been watching wrestling since '91/92 and i've always preferred the midcard feuds, the IC Title always gave the best matches, i've never cared for the main event in the same way.  These days though you don't have a choice they force it down your throat.  I wish the other belts would be given meaning and time, they actually have the talent but they misuse it.

Great American Bash.....

Pitbulls vs Londrick vs Hardy Boyz (Rumours are going 'bout a reunion...) TLC Match

Hardcore Brawl Finlay vs William Regal (Imagine the brutality...)

Have a Cruiserweight Title 4-Way....Psichosis vs Super Crazy vs Gregory Helms vs Chavo Guerrero and have it go 20 minutes...

World Title Match: Batista vs Rey Mysterio vs King Booker

Special Punjabi Prison Tag Match (Pick Your Partner....) Undertaker & Kane vs Big Show & Ken Kennedy

Live Heat Match: Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki & Tatanka vs Sylvan, Simon Dean & Jake Gymini (The one who isn't injured... Cheesy)

Now if they'd of gone with that and started the build a while ago that would be a Fuckin' Show!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6638 on: July 22, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »

Er, what the fuck happened with RVD?

Man im so behind its unbelievable...and, Stoned, is that AJ video from the 1PW event i went too?

AJ rules.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6639 on: July 22, 2006, 03:12:16 PM »

As for stars WWE 'Let Go'. ?Jeff Hardy fucked himself up, he's so much of an unreliable wreck even TNA won't touch him.

He still has some form of a contract with TNA although they don't use him now due to what you mentioned. And he still ranks among their top current merchandise earners to this day.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: