Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827026 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6380 on: July 04, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »

RAW overall was pretty shit last night.  Where was Shelton Benjamin? Mickie James? Kane?

I can understand Foley & Flair being absent due to re-writes but these 3 being left off is just dumb Roll Eyes

I liked one match (the main event...)

The D-X stuff overall did not work.  I liked some bits, mainly the bits with HBK, they were amusing and quirky (Going after Mr. Fuji, opening the door on Coach and just his general mannerisms...). the thing that kills it is the involvement of Vince, it's just overkill, i'm sick of him and he just goes on and on, thing is nobody has the balls to tell him, because they know they'd lose their job.

The opening segment was strong and set the scene for the main event which was a solid match, very good by tv standards and for me it saved the show and the reaction of that kid afterwards in the crowd was classic....

.....it's still real to him yes , good to know not all kids are as clued up as many people would have you believe, what a look of devastation, shock & horror, he was probably upset all day at school thinking the evil Edge is champion and his hero John Cena has been screwed....

....either that or the look on his face was there for like an hour and it was him tryin' to figure out what those 2 women were doing to HHH & Candice Michelle Cheesy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6381 on: July 04, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »

I am hoping for a LONG Edge title run, not because I like Edge but I want that ridicolous WWE champion title to be redone.  The stupid spinner is shitty and an insult to all the past champions.  When RVD used to spin the damn thing during interviews it makes me think even he thought it was a joke.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6382 on: July 04, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »

I am hoping for a LONG Edge title run, not because I like Edge but I want that ridicolous WWE champion title to be redone.? The stupid spinner is shitty and an insult to all the past champions.? When RVD used to spin the damn thing during interviews it makes me think even he thought it was a joke.

Yeah RVD poked fun at the belt.? I think all alterations to the belt have been shitty, Stonecold's smoking skull belt was stupid and this one also.? Even when the Ultimate Warrior had that stupid ass light purple strap on the title.? ? I actually have been proud of myself, I haven't watched Raw or ECW for two weeks now.? I caught a little bit of ECW tonight, but I just giggled and changed the channel.? Good to see the Sandman is being used in the same way he was the first 2 weeks.? I also read in this thread that RVD and Sabu got busted for drugs......that's hilarious but c'mon.....a guy that used to wear 4:20 on his trunks and appeared on the cover of High Times magazines should be cut a little slack......I mean even the Undertaker doesn't have to adhere to the dress code policy? hihi

Haha just tuned back in and the fans were chanting "Marijuana...somethingsomethingsomething" during RVD's match beer
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:56:58 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6383 on: July 04, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »

How bout Test's match when the crowd chanted " YOU TAKE STEROIDS"? hihi hihi hihi hihi

They have complete morons booking Smackdown.

How is it that Booker T gets his ass handed to him by Lashley but yet he gets a WWE Title shot and the possible win? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Also Rey Mysterio has been booked as the absolute weakest WWE or any world champion of all time.

Never in my recollection has a world champ been so weak and so undeserving of a world title.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:27:43 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6384 on: July 05, 2006, 12:46:07 AM »

How bout Test's match when the crowd chanted " YOU TAKE STEROIDS"? hihi hihi hihi hihi

They have complete morons booking Smackdown.

How is it that Booker T gets his ass handed to him by Lashley but yet he gets a WWE Title shot and the possible win? Does that make any sense to anyone?

Also Rey Mysterio has been booked as the absolute weakest WWE or any world champion of all time.

Never in my recollection has a world champ been so weak and so undeserving of a world title.

I think the only reason Rey got the belt was because of Eddie.  It seemed like once Eddie passed away, they tried to pass on his legacy through him (since Chavo wasn't ever really even a mid-carder and Benoit was able to draw on his own).  After the initial fanfare wore down they sort of just brushed him aside.  This is why I believe Test should have went to Smackdown.  He has no business in ECW and if he got a proper push like he should have gotten a long time ago, he could be a meanwhile contender.  Mark Henry has no business being in a main event.  He failed miserably at his first run in the WWF and he is doing nothing now.  Booker T and Benoit's careers are pretty much over.  Batista is a one dimensional wrestler.  He has no mic skills and his in ring abilities are limited.  Lashley from what I've seen looks like he could be great if he can withstand injuries.  Other than that......I don't see anyone rising up to the challenge.  Vince should try to get as much talent as he can steal from TNA's X-Division and put them on Smackdown with big mid-card pushes to build them up. 

As for ECW.......I don't see it lasting very long at all.  It's only been a month now and Paul Heyman's already turned on "his champ".  Kevin Dunn is booking the total show now.  There's no way it'll make it a full year.  With RVD getting in trouble and being punished to lose the belts that's gonna probably clear him and Sabu off the schedule for a while......Angle's gone for a while.  It's just gonna be Big Show and Test.  I'm sure CM Punk will beat a few "Sci-fi" wrestlers and then end up with no storylines whatsoever. 

As for Raw...I dont' even bother anymore.  I do wish I could have caught the Highlanders debut to see them, but I'll make due without watching it.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6385 on: July 05, 2006, 05:41:17 AM »

Maybe WWE have just thought things through for once. A Booker T vs. Batista match at Summerslam for the title would be a helluva lot better, and would make much more sense, than Batista Rey would.

Oh, and I'm guessing that's a Smackdown spoiler.  Angry

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6386 on: July 05, 2006, 05:54:07 AM »

Oh, and I'm guessing that's a Smackdown spoiler.? Angry
Yep.

Isn't the punishment -500 points Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6387 on: July 05, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »

That's it D, minus karma for you.

What's the point in watching the Battle Royal now!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6388 on: July 05, 2006, 06:02:36 AM »

That's it D, minus karma for you.

What's the point in watching the Battle Royal now!
So you can hope and pray that Paul London eliminates everyone (except Booker obviously...) therefore getting you loads of points since your star Shelton has flopped Cheesy (I mean he's gone from IC Title, to Heat match, to Dark match....)

Edit:

For anyone sick of waiting 'til sunday to see ECW here in the UK, and if you know how to use torrent sites, here's the link....

http://www.mininova.org/tor/358401
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:18:32 AM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6389 on: July 05, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »

RVD's been suspended for 30 days....

....all ECW matches will be under WWE rules unless otherwise stated.

All officials for the promotion will now be WWE as well Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #6390 on: July 05, 2006, 02:10:29 PM »

I thought you didn't like spoilers D!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6391 on: July 05, 2006, 03:06:30 PM »

I guess RVD is feeling pretty low right now, went from double champ to none in 24 hours!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6392 on: July 05, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »

TNA Impact is continuing to deliver for Spike in their targeted male demographics with a 1.3 among Males 18-49, 1.4 among Males 18-34 and an overall average audience of 1.4 million viewers; it's biggest audience to date.

To break things down, TNA Impact is up 31% in household ratings, 59% among Males 18-49, 90% among Males 18-34 and 32% in their average audience. SPIKE TV's rating for TNA's timeslot is up 209% from a year ago; they aired the Lance Krall show and Most Xtreme Elimination Challenge previously.

Good to see, not to keen on the product but i'm all for some competition to push WWE.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6393 on: July 05, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »

Some dickhead posted the spoilers on my sports forum rant rant rant

How about a fucking Lashley vs Batista match for the world title, Im assuming that will be at Wrestlemania but still, that shit would be great!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6394 on: July 05, 2006, 06:39:06 PM »

How about a fucking Lashley vs Batista match for the world title, Im assuming that will be at Wrestlemania but still, that shit would be great!

eh, batista will probably be injured by Wrestlemania

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6395 on: July 05, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »

Some dickhead posted the spoilers on my sports forum rant rant rant
So why did you do it to us Huh

... Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6396 on: July 05, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

Kurt Angle is currently taking time off due to personal reasons. Although, Dave Scherer reports that he is currently serving a suspension as well. Angle is on a 30 day suspension. The reason for his suspension has yet to be disclosed.

Considering that Rob Van Dam is serving a 30 day suspension of his own, the reason Kurt Angle didn't suddenly come back when he's really needed was because he is "officially suspended."
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6397 on: July 05, 2006, 09:23:16 PM »

Yeah the whole switch from triple threat tag team match to a championship turn on monday has to deal with RVD's arrest.

Another post on what the WWE needs to do.....

First.... Make ECW a different product.  Making it another spin off of basic WWE programming eliminates its cliche.  Make it a different product, shot in small arenas, and hell make it 18+ to get it, and really make a show that plays to males 18-49 (and I am not talking about those stupid pointless stripteases)

Fix smackdown.  Add some talent and move Rey make down to Cruiserweight.  I would love to see Rey carry that title for a year + to rebuild all the credibility he has lost being a world champion jobber.  Add some big names or build up some more main events like Lashey,  people like henry have had 10 years in WWE and still havn't found a role to play and sell.  Maybe try and sign and bring in some more ex professional athletes like football, hockey, baseball, some tough assholes.

Raw.  Limit the DX scenes, as stated before no one believes Triple H is screwing around on stephanie so ad some Carlito who can say swallow or spit and make the fans believe. Elminate the Spirit Shits and fix the tag team division.

More things to add to any division:

--- Anyone remember the mid 90's and Bob "sparkplug" Holly?  He was WAY ahead of his time, now Nascar is mainstream and larger then ever why not have someone like him run a few Busch or Craftsmans races and wrestle, bringing in a new audience.

--- Make finishing moves more powerful.  back in teh Day a DDT from Jake roberts ment a 3 count fall.  A bund splash got a 5 count pinfall.  There are some matches that you see more wrestlers hit their finishers multiple times and it can only get a 2.9 count fall.  Hell a ddt nowadays might not even get a 1 count fall.

--- Bad News Brown/ Brooklyn Brawler/ Barry Horowitz, besides Eugene (whos act is old) The need a loveable looser.  Someone who can job and push someone over and over, the only Loveable Jobbing Looser in WWE right now is Rey Jr.

WHAT I NEVER WANT TO SEE IN WWE AGAIN

--- Any carnaction of L.O.D.  Once a tag team member has passed away in any team, (not to mention one of the most famous teams in history) dont keep throwing jobbers in trying to recreate the original.

---Stupid custom championships belts.  Atleast the smackdown belt has a traditional look you can respect.

--- Any more pushes and reference to Eddie or any other fallen amigo. I hate how the WWE uses death to sell merchandise and wrestlers.

--- Big Show.  God he has no mic skills, very limited move, and cant adapt,  stop pushing his ass to us on every wwe league

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6398 on: July 06, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

^ Agreed on the Cruiserweight front, Mysterio could help make that division awesome, well hell if they were just given air time and allowed to go at it they'd be awesome they have the talent they're just to damn dumb to use it.

As for loveable jobbers, they had one called Johnny Parisi, but they fired him, damn Cocksuckers!

Never really saw Bad News Brown as a loveable dude or a jobber, i liked the dude though, he had a habit of having no contests and hell he even walked out on his Survivor Series Team (2 years in a row...) i thought his loner gimmick was cool, he also won the battle royal at his first Wrestlemania......

....Someone with a Nascar gimmick and wrestling is laughable, ok many of today's gimmicks are but it reeks of the dodgy '93-'96 Era....I'd mark for it though hihi

ECW does need changing.? See if they just want a 3rd brand i have no issue with that but hell give it a different name, why use the name of a company if bares no resemblance to aside from having many of it's former wrestlers who are mainly used as jobbers anyway......

....if (and it won't happen) but if, Vince decided, yep i've made a mistake let's have this company be like it was back in the day he could have an Old ECW vs New ECW feud i.e. Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Sandman etc. vs. Big Show, Test, Fertig, Mike Knox, Kelly Kelly etc.

See obviously they need 'New' people so keep the new debutants (Knox, Fertig, Punk etc.

...but at the end of the feud have like a losers leave ECW Tag Team Barbwire Match or whatever.....

Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs Big Show & Test.? Show/Test lose, and go to say....Smackdown, ok it will never happen but, it's a nice thought Cheesy

Saturday Night?s Main Event, which will take place July 15 at 8/7 CT in Dallas, is right around the corner. And after meeting together this afternoon, SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long, ECW Representative Paul Heyman and Mr. McMahon?s Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman announced a number of matches and events for the Saturday spectacular.

Representing RAW, WWE Champion Edge will defend his gold against former Champion John Cena. Plus, for the first time in six months, Batista will return to in-ring action as he teams up with World Champion Rey Mysterio and United States Champion Bobby Lashley to take on King Booker, Mark Henry and Finlay. And all three brands will be represented in the first-ever Bikini Bull Riding Contest. Taking part in the unique event will be RAW?s Torrie Wilson, Maria, Women?s Champion Mickie James, Candice and Victoria; SmackDown?s Kristal, Ashley, Jillian and Michelle McCool; and ECW?s Kelly Kelly.

Also, Mr. McMahon announced on RAW last week that D-Generation X would be taking on the entire Spirit Squad in a 2-on-5 Elimination Match.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6399 on: July 06, 2006, 06:00:39 PM »

Never really saw Bad News Brown as a loveable dude or a jobber, i liked the dude though,

He was actually pretty bad-ass

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: