Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 827041 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6360 on: July 03, 2006, 07:03:43 AM »

Looks likely to me? Undecided

Can Orton work as hard as HBK did last summer to get a decent match?

No I doubt it, he'll have to work his ass off to make it just average

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6361 on: July 03, 2006, 07:20:17 AM »

I was away all last week! Didn't my Aquatic thread inactivity not suggest something like that?
I thought you'd 'Lost your smile' because of your WWE Game III performance Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #6362 on: July 03, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »

Wrestling needs jobbers. So I returned  Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6363 on: July 03, 2006, 11:41:22 AM »

Wrestling needs jobbers. So I returned? Wink
Yeah well i thought you were also away mourning the firing of Johnny Parisi Cry

Edit:

The cards for upcoming ECW house shows show several new wrestlers who will probably debut in the coming months....

Derrick Neikirk & Irish Ryan O'Reilly will fight as a tag team (They're from Deep South Wrestling).

Fertig (Formally Mordecai, the Vampire you see every week for like 2 seconds)

Doug 'The Bashman' Basham (Get In!.....He's a Parisi like legend, he has in truth always been highly rated with a supposed Chris Benoit like workrate - and no i'm not lying just to big him up Tongue)

Test (Obviously we know that already from the vignettes...)

C.W. Anderson (Former ECW talent...)

C.M. Punk (Probably the most popular indie/internet wrestler ever....)

Edit 2:

I was thinking ahead to Wrestlemania (Like you do....)

Now Randy Orton vs Hulk Hogan has been rumoured for then, also sooner (Summerslam), i hope they leave it 'til then, give it plenty of build, anyway i was wondering what do people want (realistically) the 2 title matches to be.

For the RAW side i would like to see John Cena vs HHH II.? With Cena as a proper heel and HHH as a face, they had a cracking match at this years show and i would like to see a return bout.? Obviously i'd rather have a Cena-less main event but injuries aside he will be in it.....

.....On the Smackdown side i would love to see Lashley vs Batista.? We all know it would not be a wrestling classic but i think the build up could be awesome, much like Goldberg vs Lesnar (even though the match flopped...).? These guys have been built up as the 2 big power houses and to see them finally take each other on with Batista as the heel would be great, they could even run an angle where they question whether Lashley can nail Batista with the Dominator

Other matches i would like to see would be.....

Undertaker vs King Booker

Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels

Kurt Angle vs Harry Smith

MITB III: Ken Kennedy vs Carlito vs Kenny vs Matt Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin vs Johnny Nitro

ECW Title Match: Rob Van Dam vs Sabu

WWE Tag Titles: Londrick vs William Regal/Finlay vs Pitbulls vs *Some new team who must of debuted by then*

Cruiserweight Title Match: Rey Mysterio vs Psychosis vs Super Crazy vs Gregory Helms vs Chavo Guerrero

Interpromotional Giant Talentless Bastard Triple Threat Match: ECW's Big Show vs Raw's Kane vs Smackdown's Mark Henry? Cheesy

Edit 3:

The following is an article from The Ironton Tribune (irontontribune.com)

Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock
By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

HANGING ROCK ? Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didn?t have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the ?Extreme Rules Match? on the Sci-Fi channel.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 02:12:43 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #6364 on: July 03, 2006, 03:44:25 PM »

WWE Champion arrested? Oh my  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6365 on: July 03, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »

WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy clearly states that any Talent arrested for possession of drugs is subject to immediate dismissal.

13. DISCIPLINE FOR VIOLATION OF LAW

Any Talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal.

Considering that Szatkowski and Brunk are the two biggest stars on the ECW brand, it should be intriguing to see if these individuals are punished or if WWE will contradict their own drug policy by not terminating their contracts.

Can't see them doing it, if they did, imagine Rob Van Dam in TNA Shocked

RVD vs AJ Styles

Yeah Baby! headbanger
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6366 on: July 03, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »

WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy clearly states that any Talent arrested for possession of drugs is subject to immediate dismissal.

13. DISCIPLINE FOR VIOLATION OF LAW

Any Talent who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of prohibited drugs will be in material breach of contract and subject to immediate dismissal.

Considering that Szatkowski and Brunk are the two biggest stars on the ECW brand, it should be intriguing to see if these individuals are punished or if WWE will contradict their own drug policy by not terminating their contracts.

Can't see them doing it, if they did, imagine Rob Van Dam in TNA Shocked

RVD vs AJ Styles

Yeah Baby! headbanger

Do you really believe they'll fire them?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6367 on: July 03, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

No, that's why i said 'Can't see them doing it' yes

But if they don't then they look like fools contradicting their own drug policy.....
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6368 on: July 03, 2006, 04:50:44 PM »

No, that's why i said 'Can't see them doing it' yes

But if they don't then they look like fools contradicting their own drug policy.....

they always contradict themselves though dont they, and pretend things never happened...

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6369 on: July 03, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »

Too bad about RVD and Sabu.

Getting cought with some herb and a few pain pills shouldn't get the guys fired, IMO.

Lord knows those guys, especially Sabu, needs pills.

And don't get me started on the arrests for herb. Roll Eyes

Evolution
« Reply #6370 on: July 03, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

First WWE Champion arrested ever?

I can't wait for The Highlanders!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6371 on: July 03, 2006, 06:35:25 PM »

First WWE Champion arrested ever?
Iron Sheik was arrested, don't think he was a champion at the time, but he has been yes
Evolution
« Reply #6372 on: July 03, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »

Talk about negative publicity. I was surprised to see wwe.com make mention of it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6373 on: July 03, 2006, 06:49:40 PM »

Talk about negative publicity. I was surprised to see wwe.com make mention of it.
They realise these stories get out anyway, they just look dumb when they try and pretend they aren't happening plus they love to turn real life situations into storylines....

Summerslam: Sabu vs Rob Van Dam in a 'High Times' Match Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #6374 on: July 03, 2006, 06:50:44 PM »

A ladder match with a briefcase of weed? I smell a Triple B run in!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6375 on: July 03, 2006, 07:01:34 PM »

A ladder match with a briefcase of weed? I smell a Triple B run in!
I wish smoking

Triple B is still awaiting a contract.....
Evolution
« Reply #6376 on: July 03, 2006, 11:21:11 PM »

Really enjoyed the title match! Talk about DX hogging the show though.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6377 on: July 04, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »

Well, I watched a little bit of RAW tonight. Once again, I was not impressed. The most annoying thing is how McMahon has to be a big part of the main storyline. People aren't sick of that yet? Its went on for years. No matter what big "feud" is happening, Vince is right in the middle of it. The DX thing is absolute overkill, and I do not see how you guys are enjoying that. Also, that women's match between Lita and Torrie was laughable. What was the point? To see Torrie's ass? You can see even more in her Playboy spread.

The worst part of the show was during that one DX segment when they insinuated HHH was getting a blowjob. That was over the line. Kids watch this show. In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Shame, Shame, Shame!" no

Evolution
« Reply #6378 on: July 04, 2006, 09:26:18 AM »

People aren't sick of that yet?

Yes!!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #6379 on: July 04, 2006, 02:47:37 PM »

The worst part of the show was during that one DX segment when they insinuated HHH was getting a blowjob. That was over the line. Kids watch this show. In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Shame, Shame, Shame!" no
That's pretty lame.  HHH is well known by any remotely clued-up wrestling fan to be married to Steph, and he's far too old to be in that sort of story.  He's been shown in so many different lights it's not funny anymore, one minute he's a 'young' punk with original DX, then he's smashing people up with hammers, then he's the King of Kings (lol!) now he's acting like, well, Vince/Flair!!  Why the hell can't they get a newer tag team or stable if they want to go over very old ground with a DX-style stable?

I think WWE will forgive RVD and Sabu, maybe a final written warning.  Or maybe they'll turn them into a new gay tag-team with Rico as their manager for punishment  hihi

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: