Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825764 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6100 on: June 15, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

Welll, when I say that I'm not sure of two, it's more that I haven't seen much of them. Mitch must be a poor wrestler by default, or else have some serious back trouble, because the guys never allowed to wrestle!

I'm not clued up on their names, the only standouts are Johnny and Kenny, so I'll take Nicky as the other one, stupid bitch. Err, I mean... Silly man.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6101 on: June 15, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »

Nicky is Chavo's old caddie. Mikey is the smallest one  ok
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6102 on: June 15, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »

Dude. The (cum squad?) fucking rule. The only bad thing about them is that for some absurd reason they've got the tag titles. Not that they were utilisted before, but at least Kane and Big Show defended from time to time...........

I guess that they're just holding them until the Highlanders debut.

I think that you guys are complaining way too much. Sure, ECW's inaugaration has sucked, but surely you didn't expect Vince not to get involved? In general Raw has been entertaining recently, I don't mind the Kane rehash, and ECW will calm down once it settles in.

I'll give you this, someone pointed out to me recently that the fact that the spirit squad gets under my skin as much as they do proves they are doing a good job and belong where they are in the WWE, and makes for a more dramatic match...... I wouldn't miss the cum squad if they vanished from the face of the earth though.

There's a rumor Flair is going to join DX on the next RAW.

I hope not Flair would ruin what is left of DX.  Anyone else feel like WWE didnt sell the DX getting back together too well?  To me last monday it seemed WAY to planned out and fake.  JR was yelling DX is back together as soon as HBK hit the ring.  It just didnt have the spontaneous feel to me that they should of been going for.

Flair is way too OLD to be part of Degeneration X.  He hasn't done a new wrestling move in about 20 years.  And other then his early horsemen work every stable he has been in has sucked.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6103 on: June 15, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

Dude. The (cum squad?) fucking rule. The only bad thing about them is that for some absurd reason they've got the tag titles. Not that they were utilisted before, but at least Kane and Big Show defended from time to time...........

I guess that they're just holding them until the Highlanders debut.

I think that you guys are complaining way too much. Sure, ECW's inaugaration has sucked, but surely you didn't expect Vince not to get involved? In general Raw has been entertaining recently, I don't mind the Kane rehash, and ECW will calm down once it settles in.

I'll give you this, someone pointed out to me recently that the fact that the spirit squad gets under my skin as much as they do proves they are doing a good job and belong where they are in the WWE, and makes for a more dramatic match...... I wouldn't miss the cum squad if they vanished from the face of the earth though.

There's a rumor Flair is going to join DX on the next RAW.

I hope not Flair would ruin what is left of DX.? Anyone else feel like WWE didnt sell the DX getting back together too well?? To me last monday it seemed WAY to planned out and fake.? JR was yelling DX is back together as soon as HBK hit the ring.? It just didnt have the spontaneous feel to me that they should of been going for.

Flair is way too OLD to be part of Degeneration X.? He hasn't done a new wrestling move in about 20 years.? And other then his early horsemen work every stable he has been in has sucked.

Yeah it was very forced, but it was for a reason.  Like two months ago a poster for the upcomming Vengeance was released and it had the reunion of DX on it.  So basically that gave it away there, and then a few other ads that WWE put out also had them being reunited way back when the HBK and Vince fued was just getting kicked off.  Same as when they spoiled the ECW ppv with the T-shirts.    WWE sucks at that shit, but they try to release the ads two months ahead to get people talking about the event.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6104 on: June 15, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »

hihi @ Jim - It's also that annoying God damn intro. It's because of that that I hate Mikey the most.

About DX, I think HBK screwing up his knee threw a wrench into things. After Summerslam he's going to take time off for surgery. If merchandise, ratings, crowd reaction rises for DX it will continue and they need another member to keep it going. Flair has already been announced for tag matches with both HBK and HHH at upcoming house events against the Spirit Squad... You know, they need someone to get the ten minute ass kicking and make the dramatic "drag themselves across the ring and with the last bit of energy tag in" for HHH to run in and clean house.

Flair would be awesome in a Rick Rude role for DX. Just not wrestling.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 08:56:05 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Evolution
« Reply #6105 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »

Hmm, Rick Rude always looked out of place in DX.

Johnny Nitro is the perfect fit I tells ya.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6106 on: June 15, 2006, 09:40:40 PM »

I thought he was pretty cool in that role.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6107 on: June 15, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »

Johnny Nitro... uh, no... Melina: YES!!!! love

Evolution
« Reply #6108 on: June 15, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »

I thought he was pretty cool in that role.

He looked cool yeah, but an anti-establishment group with a guy in a suit enforcer type doesn't go IMO.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #6109 on: June 15, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »

I see your point. I guess to me with him around it made it seem like they had even more power.

And hey, who says you can't be anti-establishment and look good in expensive threads at the same time? ok

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6110 on: June 15, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

But Rude had that sinister, threatening, arrogant presence, that just couldn't be beat. Besides Chyna, he always gave off the vibe that he was going to fuck someone up. That's cool.

Flair could cut some killer promos for DX.

Evolution
« Reply #6111 on: June 15, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »

And hey, who says you can't be anti-establishment and look good in expensive threads at the same time? ok

Hehe true.

I wanna see DX back in jeans and t-shirts next week. Maybe bring back the basketball 69 jersey too.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6112 on: June 16, 2006, 06:35:22 AM »

Ric Flair in D-X would be a total joke i pray this won't happen!

Johnny Nitro would have been good (I thought...) but after watching his match last week on RAW, no chance.  He really is shoddy in the ring, i thought he'd improved but take away Mercury and you see how weak he is, he really blew the finishing spot to, well done to Carlito for selling it well all the same.

On the subject of the Spirit SquadMitch either has injury problems or he just sucks in the ring, still he's an entertaining character.  Nicky does suck though, maybe it's the blonde highlights but, blah, i don't like him.  Kenny & Johnny are definately the best wrestlers of the group and both have 'the look'.  When the group splits up those 2 have the potential to be future main eventers.  As for Mikey he is quite easily my favourite of the group, he's not the best in the ring but he is fairly solid (Remember that jump off the trampoline into a flying bulldog...).  He's also the most animated and enthusiastic.  Credit to all the guys for working their asses off with this gimmick but Mikey works that bit harder, his facial expressions are priceless.  Give these guys a really good gimmick and they would be so over....

.....As for them doing a good job of being heels just because they get under your skin, well, that's debatable.  A good heel can make the crowd boo him and cheer him, i.e. HHH.  He will always get some cheers though out of respect, generally a heel with 80-90% heel heat is best.  If everyone is booing then they are either facing the most popular dude around or the fans hate them and don't wanna tune in.  People jeer HHH because he's the guy people love to hate.  A-Train on the other hand always got jeered and received 'Shave you back' chants because people just hated him, he sucked, he would make people turn off.  It is better to have the crowd boo you though rather than not react.  I don't think it always means that they are over as heels.  Spirit Squad have been pushed into the main event of RAW so much it's pure anger with most fans i.e. who books this crap.  If they were booked further down the card it would not surprise me if they're matches got no reaction.  Look at Rob Conway he's a heel who never get's boo'd or cheered, people just ignore him they aren't interested.  Whereas if he was in the main event every week they would boo, not because he was over as a heel but because they were sick of seeing him there.  I like the Spirit Squad, but the gimmick, pushed as it is now, just isn't getting over.........

....just because a few of us here like them, that means nothing, hell i like Johnny Parisi and, well, nevermind.
Evolution
« Reply #6113 on: June 16, 2006, 07:01:26 AM »

Sounds like you're describing "Jeff Jarrett" heat.

Anyone else seeing some Diesel/HBK in Alex Shelley and Kevin Nash's relationship in TNA right now?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6114 on: June 16, 2006, 07:27:24 AM »

When does this ECW show come on? You guys are really bitching about it, and I want to see how bad it really is. I remember the old ECW, although I wasn't a hardcore fan. Until I heard about that ECW PPV, I didn't even know Mcmahon owned it. Funny how in the late 80's/90's he couldn't really beat the competition so he had to buy the competition. Too bad there isn't a decent alternative, like NWA/AWA back in the old days, where it was 90% wrestling and 10% interviews,skits,etc. I feel sorry for you guys too young to know how wrestling is supposed to be.

Evolution
« Reply #6115 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:33 AM »

Tuesday nights on The Sci-Fi Channel. It does kinda suck there is only one worldwide organisation.  Cry I only got into wrestling 2 years before ECW and WCW folded.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6116 on: June 16, 2006, 07:53:56 AM »

Yeah, its surprising no one has tried to jump into the wrestling market. If someone would, and have it be like the "old school" wrestling, WWE fans would stop watching that crap. There are alot of wrestling fans out there that dont bother watching this stuff because its not wrestling. Its a soap opera. Until some new organization rises up, I think it will continue being how it is. Is Jim Crockett and Verne Gagne still alive? nervous Maybe they should join forces and put Mcmahon out of business. I know, I'm dreaming. Its going to take something completely new to change things.

Evolution
« Reply #6117 on: June 16, 2006, 07:56:17 AM »

Verne Gagne got inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame this year, plus his song Greg runs feeder organisation OVW now so Verne won't be the man to do it. I haven't heard what Jim Crockett's up to these days.

Have you ever checked out TNA wrestling James? They are currently nearest competition.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6118 on: June 16, 2006, 08:45:37 AM »

Have you ever checked out TNA wrestling James? They are currently nearest competition.
Yeah but instead of being different with the awful promo's and storylines they come off more as a poor WWE, for wrestling you're better with ROH.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6119 on: June 16, 2006, 08:56:18 AM »

Verne Gagne got inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame this year, plus his song Greg runs feeder organisation OVW now so Verne won't be the man to do it. I haven't heard what Jim Crockett's up to these days.

I didn't see that Hall of Fame this year. Wish I did. I remember Greg Gagne. I remember him and Curt Henning getting their asses kicked by The Road Warriors. rofl

I always wondered if Jim Crockett regretted selling NWA/WCW to Ted Turner. I'm sure his wallet didn't regret it, but the sell was a huge turning point in the quality of wrestling. But Crockett made huge mistakes in his last couple years at NWA/WCW. It was on TBS, and it had good ratings, but it was always a bunch of worthless matches(the stars wrestling nobodys) and the main event would start with about 1 minute left on the show, and you never got to see the whole match. Huge mistake. Also, it got to the point where matches wouldn't even be clean. They started ending in DQ's and countouts. Any old school fans here(Pilferk?) will remember this. Buying their PPVs became a ripoff. I remember one very hyped match between Flair/Koloff ended up only lasting like 10-15 minutes and it was a lame DQ. Obviously, those tactics turned fans off to the organization. Why pay 30-40 bucks to see a bunch of poorly scripted matches? I eventually found out why the matches started being like that, and it was in Arne Anderson's book. Dusty Rhodes was the person writing these scripts, and also Flair got involved in doing it, and it really soured the company.

Evo, yeah I saw TNA a couple years ago. I wasn't very impressed. They had some wrestler there that was a ripoff of Booker T's gimmick, and it was a joke. Maybe I'll watch a show and see what its like now.

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: