Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825982 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6080 on: June 14, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

I don't know if I can even bring myself to watch it again.
I think that sometimes.

But i always do.

I'm a fan for life and will always tune in.

He knows most of the internet wrestling community are like that, die-hard fans who watch through the good and the bad times, through the Attitude Era & the Katie Vick Storyline.? That's why he never caters to our needs, our tastes.? Most t'internet fans are big WRESTLING fans and want to see more of it and less of the ludicrious storylines, but since we watch it whatever he doesn't need to appeal to us, he looks towards grabbing other audiences who don't currently watch, at the moment it is target the Sci-Fi Fan (See ECW...)/.

And when it comes to recycling old storylines and gimmicks we currently have D-Generation X back....

...and since we had Undertaker vs Undertaker at Summerslam '94 it's been way to long, we need this kind of thing again, but not quite the same....

....come on down Summerslam '07, Kane vs Kane

....and with Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez (Summerslam '93) The Great Khali it will be like the wretched '93-'94 years all over again...

Yay! nervous

It's either that or watch Edge/Cena pt. XXIV  hihi 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6081 on: June 14, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »

It's either that or watch Edge/Cena pt. XXIV? hihi?
No Way!  I'm waiting for D-X to split next week so we get HBK vs HHH XXVI

And just to show WWE has managed to appeal to others....

No matter what you thought of ECW on Sci Fi last night, the show was a winner in the ratings scoring a 2.7 cable rating, with a 4 share and 2.357 million households. For a debut on a new, non-wrestling network that is an amazing number for the and a great opening night figure. WWE is very happy with the rating.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=18582&p=1
Evolution
« Reply #6082 on: June 14, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »

That rivals Smackdown  nervous
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6083 on: June 14, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »

That rivals Smackdown? nervous

I think it actually beat it.  I feel so bad for Smackdown's people.  They get treated like the bitch stepchildren.  Benoit and Undertaker deserve to end their careers on better notes.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6084 on: June 14, 2006, 07:30:59 PM »

No Way!? I'm waiting for D-X to split next week so we get HBK vs HHH XXVI

No matter what you thought of ECW on Sci Fi last night, the show was a winner in the ratings scoring a 2.7 cable rating, with a 4 share and 2.357 million households. For a debut on a new, non-wrestling network that is an amazing number for the and a great opening night figure. WWE is very happy with the rating.

See, the question is..will they sustain it at all.

I watched last night (at least part of it)...was the first "regular" show I've watched any part of in at least a year...maybe a bit more.

Given how horid it is....I'm not sure I'll be watching next week. ?That rating, for my money, doesn't reflect the show was any good, or that people wanted to see what was ON it...it just tells me people wanted to see ECW and the WWE actually did a good job getting the word out about it.

I may give it another week or two on the TIVO, I suppose....but not much more than that.

Oh, and cable ratings are different than network ratings. ?I'm not sure if a 2.7 on cable actually beats Smackdown's network rating or not, as far as sheer numbers of people go.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6085 on: June 14, 2006, 07:56:04 PM »

No Way!? I'm waiting for D-X to split next week so we get HBK vs HHH XXVI

See, the question is..will they sustain it at all.

I watched last night (at least part of it)...was the first "regular" show I've watched any part of in at least a year...maybe a bit more.

Given how horid it is....I'm not sure I'll be watching next week. ?That rating, for my money, doesn't reflect the show was any good, or that people wanted to see what was ON it...it just tells me people wanted to see ECW and the WWE actually did a good job getting the word out about it.

I may give it another week or two on the TIVO, I suppose....but not much more than that.

Oh, and cable ratings are different than network ratings. ?I'm not sure if a 2.7 on cable actually beats Smackdown's network rating or not, as far as sheer numbers of people go.

Yeah that's a good point.......a lot of people were hyped up for what they thought was gonna be the actual return of ECW.  I'm sure a lot of the diehards will give it up next week and the numbers will decline.  Who knows though, as horrible as Vince is......the fucker always seems to pull things out of his ass and make it somehow.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6086 on: June 15, 2006, 04:55:54 AM »

I'm seriously waiting for the moment Hogan turns up on ECW and squashes the entire roster in 12 seconds.

I haven't watched SD in years until last week... And I see I haven't missed much. They need to either just end Smackdown or end the stupid seperation between the brands. Both shows are watered down and stretched thin.

If they're going to put WWE stars on ECW programming then send DX. It would be a great way to build DX up by having them invade the other shows and create heat with everyone... And have a decent feud with people other than the cum squad.?

And someone please shoot that Johnny Nitro asshole along with every member of the cum squad... But Melina can stay Cool

And Vince... FIRE STEPHANIE!!!! rant

WWE losing 35% of its market value should tell him that something just isn't working.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 05:00:37 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6087 on: June 15, 2006, 05:07:41 AM »

Dude. The (cum squad?) fucking rule. The only bad thing about them is that for some absurd reason they've got the tag titles. Not that they were utilisted before, but at least Kane and Big Show defended from time to time...........

I guess that they're just holding them until the Highlanders debut.

I think that you guys are complaining way too much. Sure, ECW's inaugaration has sucked, but surely you didn't expect Vince not to get involved? In general Raw has been entertaining recently, I don't mind the Kane rehash, and ECW will calm down once it settles in.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6088 on: June 15, 2006, 05:55:30 AM »

and ECW will calm down once it settles in.
Or it could turn out to be the 2006 equivelent of the XFL Tongue
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6089 on: June 15, 2006, 07:06:36 AM »

Or WWE could just think, screw it, release the whole lot of them and, being that none of them would be under contract, they could just start some sort of VECW (Very Extreme.........) up again on their owns and they wouldn't sell out this time.

It's kind of win win.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6090 on: June 15, 2006, 07:20:04 AM »

People need to judge the new ECW after a few months, Vince should back off in time and when it settles down it will be good

That's a hatrick for Doull
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6091 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:49 AM »

Sure, ECW's inaugaration has sucked, but surely you didn't expect Vince not to get involved? In general Raw has been entertaining recently, I don't mind the Kane rehash, and ECW will calm down once it settles in.

Actually, I did expect Vince NOT to be involved.  Naive', I know.  But when you talk about offering a very different alternative to your regular programming (which is how he touted ECW to both fans and investors)....and you basically control every aspect of your regular programming.....I sort of assumed that meant he would take a hands off approach.  I mean, sure, he needs to be involved on SOME level, given it's his money being used, but.....I was sort of hoping, given all the apparent promises he made to Heyman, that he'd sort of offer guidance from afar and let ECW be ECW. Again, naive', I know.  When has Vince's ego actually allowed him to do what's best for the company, rather than what's best for Vince's ego?

As for Raw being entertaining....I'll respectfully disagree.  I'm sure some people like it, and that's fine.  It's not my cup of tea and seeing them rehash 5 or 10 or 15 year old angles just doesn't do it for me.  I was around during the Underfaker times and during the original DX times (with the WCW "invasion" being hysterical).  I've seen it before....I'm just not into seeing it again.  Combine that with the fact that, by and large, the wrestling on the shows sucks...and I'm not entertained at all.  As I said in an earlier post, I watched Raw this past week after the ECW PPV.  If that's a typical example of the show...I'll stay away for another year or so and see what they're doing, then.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6092 on: June 15, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »

People need to judge the new ECW after a few months, Vince should back off in time and when it settles down it will be good

The problem is, it has to survive that long.  And if last nights show becomes the norm even for a month or so....I have my doubts there will BE an ECW show on Sci Fi after 12 or 16 weeks (whatever the deal was...).

Together again,
Evolution
« Reply #6093 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »

Part of the problem is the fact it's on Sci-Fi meaning WWE has to cater to them with zombies. What they should do is have it as a web show until a channel with balls offers to take it uncut.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6094 on: June 15, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »

Or WWE could just think, screw it, release the whole lot of them and, being that none of them would be under contract, they could just start some sort of VECW (Very Extreme.........) up again on their owns and they wouldn't sell out this time.

It's kind of win win.
And why haven't they done this in the many years since the company went under eh?

Plus guys like Rob Van Dam will remain.......

....money talks yes
Evolution
« Reply #6095 on: June 15, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »

From the Desk of Tod Gordon:

I have received hundreds of calls and e-mails regarding what the WWE's version of ECW looked like to me last night. Actually, nothing about the show was surprising to me in any way. It was what it was; a third brand extension of a stale wrestling product. If Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer have to worry about serving all of these masters from WWE creative (you know who I mean) to the Sci-Fi network, then any fan must realize you're not going to get authentic crowd reactions, let alone chants on basic cable. I assume that rather than dub over the crowd's vulgarity, it was easier to just feed them a crappy show so they could never get truly riled up. Enjoy it for what it is, but don't fool yourselves into thinking that it really IS possible to catch lightning in a bottle twice, because that is not the case.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6096 on: June 15, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

ECW sucked Tuesday.

ECW One Night Stand was great, that was ECW.

What I watched Tuesday was more like a Sunday Night Heat.

The crowd was booin RVD so right away u know it wasnt an ECW crowd.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6097 on: June 15, 2006, 06:06:46 PM »

Dude. The (cum squad?) fucking rule. The only bad thing about them is that for some absurd reason they've got the tag titles. Not that they were utilisted before, but at least Kane and Big Show defended from time to time...........

I guess that they're just holding them until the Highlanders debut.

I think that you guys are complaining way too much. Sure, ECW's inaugaration has sucked, but surely you didn't expect Vince not to get involved? In general Raw has been entertaining recently, I don't mind the Kane rehash, and ECW will calm down once it settles in.

I'll give you this, someone pointed out to me recently that the fact that the spirit squad gets under my skin as much as they do proves they are doing a good job and belong where they are in the WWE, and makes for a more dramatic match...... I wouldn't miss the cum squad if they vanished from the face of the earth though.

There's a rumor Flair is going to join DX on the next RAW.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6098 on: June 15, 2006, 06:15:16 PM »

There ya go!

If you embrace them, and let them get under your skin, you'll learn to fucking love them. It also helps that they're great wrestlers. Well, at least three of them are. I'm not sure about the other two.....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6099 on: June 15, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »

Mitch is the only poor wrestler for my money. I'm guessing you don't dig Nicky?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: