Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 825959 times)
Evolution
« Reply #6060 on: June 13, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

Raw is really filling up these days as Smackdown shrinks.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6061 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:22 PM »

More bad news now for ECW..........they're not gonna show it live.  It's gonna be taped before Smackdown and edited by 10 PM.   Reason being Sci-Fi was worried about the audience's language and chants so they want everything to be pulled off without a hitch.  C'mon damn...ECW is ALL ABOUT THE AUDIENCE.  Another reason this thing won't make it. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6062 on: June 14, 2006, 01:37:33 AM »

It just doesn't work in a WWE enviorment. When the girl took off her top it was basically dead silent.... Could be because most of the audiance were kids... unfortunately. Even Tazz was announcing like it were Smackdown. Shit, act like you're in ECW you lame bitch!

They need to be back in a small theater in front of real ECW fans. It will never get over this way.? no

I did like the Big Shows Razor Ramone over-the-head slam on Roadkill though. And that Kelly is hot as fuck ok

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:47:59 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6063 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:58 AM »

It just doesn't work in a WWE enviorment. When the girl took off her top it was basically dead silent.... Could be because most of the audiance were kids... unfortunately. Even Tazz was announcing like it were Smackdown. Shit, act like you're in ECW you lame bitch!

They need to be back in a small theater in front of real ECW fans. It will never get over this way.? no

I did like the Big Shows Razor Ramone over-the-head slam on Roadkill though. And that Kelly is hot as fuck ok

I couldn't agree more, it was so out of place there it wasn't funny.  Like watching Ice Hockey being played on a Football field.  Anyhow yeah the ECW show last night was dreadful.  Not only was the audience confused about what was going on.....they went WWE right away.  All storyline, stupid characters (Zombie) and women.  Now however I can let Kelly slide  hihi but the rest of the show was putrid.  None of the matches were ECW style.  The Kurt Angle/Credible match was a disgrace and proved to me that Angle (and I view him as one of the greatest technical wrestlers) has no business in ECW now.  That little headbutt was his length of hardcore.  And at that they make Credible job to him.  Also Big Show eliminating everyone also proved nothing.  I was extremely let down and I don't see this going far.  Everyone is giving the show bad reviews, especially us from the old school ECW era.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6064 on: June 14, 2006, 08:00:06 AM »

I watched the first 15 min before turning in (taped the rest).  I wasn't real impressed, mostly because, once again, it looks like Vince's ego is booking the show.  Letting the WWE "punk out" ECW (Heyman and RVD) to open the show was just crappy.  Did ECW get any sort of "receipt" to close the show?

I'll try to scan through the rest tonight, but....reading the reviews and spoilers on line it sounds like they went from a high spot with the PPV right back to WWE style crap with a different name.

And I agree:  they need to book THEATER shows.  That's what ECW is all about.  The intimate connection with the crowd is 1/2 of what makes them what they are.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Evolution
« Reply #6065 on: June 14, 2006, 09:29:29 AM »

WWE Could just tape their ECW shows at this house show tour they have easily.

I guess RVD is now a double champion then? And Edge is gonna take the title back to WWE at Vengeance?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6066 on: June 14, 2006, 09:37:14 AM »

I watched the first 15 min before turning in (taped the rest).? I wasn't real impressed, mostly because, once again, it looks like Vince's ego is booking the show.? Letting the WWE "punk out" ECW (Heyman and RVD) to open the show was just crappy.? Did ECW get any sort of "receipt" to close the show?

I'll try to scan through the rest tonight, but....reading the reviews and spoilers on line it sounds like they went from a high spot with the PPV right back to WWE style crap with a different name.

And I agree:? they need to book THEATER shows.? That's what ECW is all about.? The intimate connection with the crowd is 1/2 of what makes them what they are.

Yeah it was a big let down from One Night Stand.  I was reading now that the Zombie isn't the only shitty character coming.  Apparently there's gonna be a tarot card reading wrestler too  hihi  It's all part of the feel of the Sci-Fi network.  I tell ya, blasphemy.  Paul Heyman sold his soul to the devil being Vince McMahon.    Rest in peace ECW, rest in peace.  It's sort of like Old Yeller to me, I love it, but it needs put out of it's misery.

Evolution
« Reply #6067 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01:37 AM »

Howd the vampire guy look?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6068 on: June 14, 2006, 10:16:52 AM »

Howd the vampire guy look?

Now, see...they bring in Vampiro (from WCW/Mexico/Japan) as the vamp character and I'm all over it.? He was freaking cool...and insane.

Together again,
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6069 on: June 14, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »

WWE Could just tape their ECW shows at this house show tour they have easily.

I guess RVD is now a double champion then? And Edge is gonna take the title back to WWE at Vengeance?

That is what I was thinking too, They should of made it a 3-way or 4 way dance with some top WWE wrestlers so you are not sitting there saying Edge is going to win, atleast make people think.

ECW is turing to shit fast.

Taped and Edited? First off Vince is an asshole for agreeing to sell out his standards. Vince knows damn well what ECW is about and it is about vulgar language, Revealing Women, Crazy Stunts, and Fans Interaction.

Larger Arenas, Taped and Edited takes everything out of what was the once Great ECW.

Now instead of having Raw with talent and Smackdown with some talent, we have Smackdown with no talent, and Raw and ECW doing monday tuesday shows together.

Any real fan knows "E C F'N W" chants happened about 5-10 times a night, its not a cute and clean little league with sci fi charecters, Shame on you Vince for bringing back ECW to be a shitty league. ?

I prey to god someday, somewhere in the US, another wrestling division can rise up and take out WWE or atleast challenge Vince to put his best show forward.

.......Anyone else think that the WWE is using Umagada as a Joke? ?I notice how he wrestlers hasbeens and jobbers and they way they talk about him being the Samoan Beast that maybe they are just making fun of TNA's Samoa Joe?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #6070 on: June 14, 2006, 11:11:27 AM »

Pretty much. Umaga is the character they would make Samoa Joe play if he did join WWE last year.

Word is Mordecai was this vampire I heard about, and Gangrel will be involved somehow.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6071 on: June 14, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »

Yeah it was Mordecai.

Word has it that now Paul Heyman was furious last night because the script he'd written for the show was totally changed at the last minute by Vince and the WWE writers.  Apparently the whole ECW crew was very very dissappointed with the show and they said that the reason they aired the Lawler/Tazz match was because the show fell short.  Five bucks says Heyman walks out on it within the next month.  It's the respectful thing to do.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6072 on: June 14, 2006, 12:40:38 PM »

Yeah it was Mordecai.

Word has it that now Paul Heyman was furious last night because the script he'd written for the show was totally changed at the last minute by Vince and the WWE writers.? Apparently the whole ECW crew was very very dissappointed with the show and they said that the reason they aired the Lawler/Tazz match was because the show fell short.? Five bucks says Heyman walks out on it within the next month.? It's the respectful thing to do.

Considering the promises we've all heard Vince made to Heyman....if the above is true about the script changes.....then yeah, I think Heyman will walk if it continues to happen.

Together again,
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6073 on: June 14, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »

I felt uncomfortable watching ECW last night it was so bad.  I wanted to start a drinking game in which we drank everytime Tazz or Joey said "extreme".  The show was a calculated mess with McMahons fingerprints all over it. 

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6074 on: June 14, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »

Why abuse the ECW name eh?

They say it's gonna be the same but different, hell if you want a Sci-Fi brand just invent one, don't use a popular name and drag it through the dirt.

And if you want to make seperate brands keep 'em seperate, i hate it when they have crossover stuff, it's bullshit, ECW should have their own title and so should RAW.

And RVD should be feuding with ECW guys.

It also pisses me off that ECW Legends are jobbed out in a mere few minutes i.e. Justin Credible.

The only people they've made look like stars on ECW programming are, John Cena (WWE), Edge (WWE), Kurt Angle & Big Show (Deep down WWE, they never were ECW), Sabu & Rob Van Dam (ECW).

Speaking of all recent programming, i've hated it.  Hell i haven't seen this ECW Show yet but the stuff leading up to it (WWE vs ECW, Smackdown, ONSII, Raw) has really stunk.  The D-X reunion fell flat with me, it was just so random and those 2 have been doing crotch chop for weeks, then JR suddenly announces D-X is back together and then....

.....HHH's theme hits Roll Eyes (For a decent reunion go watch the Vengence press conference on wwe.com)

RVD's Title win sucked to, they made it seem so cheap, fine he may be champion but it was done all wrong, even the fans looked hacked off.

Bring Back WCW!

Wahey!
Evolution
« Reply #6075 on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »

Post Vengeance that inter brand stuff will calm down I'm sure.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6076 on: June 14, 2006, 04:22:49 PM »

Goldust released
June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

I'm surprised.  That kills another tag team, Snitsky is really screwed now.  Still he was past it.....

Evolution
« Reply #6077 on: June 14, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

Bit of a shame really.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6078 on: June 14, 2006, 05:35:19 PM »

Snitsky will soon follow....or get put in ECW.  Shame how Vince has no concept on utilizing his talent anymore.  Eh apparently he's happy enough having the Spirit Squad pretty much main event Raw.  I officially gave up on all wrestling after last night......I don't know if I can even bring myself to watch it again.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6079 on: June 14, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

I don't know if I can even bring myself to watch it again.
I think that sometimes.

But i always do.

I'm a fan for life and will always tune in.

He knows most of the internet wrestling community are like that, die-hard fans who watch through the good and the bad times, through the Attitude Era & the Katie Vick Storyline.  That's why he never caters to our needs, our tastes.  Most t'internet fans are big WRESTLING fans and want to see more of it and less of the ludicrious storylines, but since we watch it whatever he doesn't need to appeal to us, he looks towards grabbing other audiences who don't currently watch, at the moment it is target the Sci-Fi Fan (See ECW...)/.

And when it comes to recycling old storylines and gimmicks we currently have D-Generation X back....

...and since we had Undertaker vs Undertaker at Summerslam '94 it's been way to long, we need this kind of thing again, but not quite the same....

....come on down Summerslam '07, Kane vs Kane

....and with Undertaker vs Giant Gonzalez (Summerslam '93) The Great Khali it will be like the wretched '93-'94 years all over again...

Yay! nervous
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: