Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826220 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6040 on: June 09, 2006, 08:47:52 AM »

JBL? Injured.
Paul is better than you think.
Trust me.? He'll do fine.

Splash

/Mike

As I had said... I haven't watched in awhile. Smiley

Didn't know JBL was hurt.? Badly (as in out for awhile)??

I'm certainly not a JBL/Bradshaw fan, but I know he pretty much carried Smackdown (badly, IMHO) for awhile.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6041 on: June 09, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »

Big Show is definently not old school ECW, but i guess they will have to work around big show.

They have had their big guys too, no? One Man Gang, Bigalow (who was a gifted bigman), and I seem to remember this guy 911.

Back in the day Bam Bam i believe could do cartwheels. But that is besides the point. When Balls Mahooney was huge he could hardcore fight and take it all over the arena. I remember watching a One Man Gang ECW fight that went into the crowd and One Man Gang gently pushed me aside as I was taking his picture.  911 wasn't really that great in ECW, he never really went over.

On to the Big Show.  Basically all he has is his height and 500 lbs.  Back in the day Vince talked about only using Andre the giant spuradically as it was to keep from seeing him all the time and getting accustomed to his size, now everyone has seed Big Show so much his size alone will not carry him. 

His Mic skills are terrible. Doing his pre match speech to warm up WWE wrestler for the brawl on Wednesday was a trainwreck.  He was terrible. 

His skills are limited to Chops, Slaps, and the occasational kick, with a few body slams. 

His Gimmick of being 7' and 500 lbs is stale and sense he has no mic skills or charisma he wouldnt be able to sell another charecter at all.

Now onto his size.  Big Guys in ECW (back in the day) would have to be able to fall off tables, fall through rings and ramps, run through the crowd, etc.  Big Show is so tall and big he wouldnt be able to take those kind of falls against and opponent without getting hurt.  There is a million reasons why Big Show cant or wont make it in ECW and only one reason for him to go to ECW, there is nothing left to do with him on Raw. On Smackdown he could have a short fued with Great Khali, but then again after that what will he have left?

JBL lost on smackdown and agreed to get fired if he lost, He is also going to be out with injuries.  No offense but sense UPN tends to cater to the Black Audience, more then the rest of the Networks, I see Lashey, Booker T, and Mark Henry as the top PLayers on Smackdown, is that what Vince is going to sell, a Black WWE for the most Black Network?  Lineups and talent need to shift, or combine back into just the WWE and have people wrestle on both.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6042 on: June 10, 2006, 05:29:52 PM »

Anyone getting the PPV tomorrow night?

I got 40 bucks and am seriously considering it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #6043 on: June 11, 2006, 06:32:33 AM »

Yeah, I probably will.

I'm sure that I can rustle up absoloutely no money, which should be enough to cover it.  Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6044 on: June 11, 2006, 10:50:29 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOO RVD , The F'in Champ!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #6045 on: June 12, 2006, 12:30:52 AM »

He beat Cena??

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6046 on: June 12, 2006, 01:58:26 AM »

Yep with the help of Mr. Edge.......such a horrible ending to a decent PPV.  Edge didn't join ECW though, just took out Cena for personal reasons.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6047 on: June 12, 2006, 09:17:16 AM »

Got the PPV last night and was pretty impressed.  My favorite matches were actually the ECW ONLY matches (FBI vs Tajiri and Super Crazy, Balls Mahoney vs Tanaka), but all the matches on the card were pretty strong (even the Tazz 1 min squash of Lawler to open the show was amusing).  It was real wrestling for a change....to everyone complaining about 10 min WWE matches, last night's ECW PPV was like the answer to a prayer.

I have to say the RVD vs Cena match, while having a disappointing ending, was still great.  The crowd was HOT and realy made the match.  I love ECW crowds and they really came through for that match last night.  I do like that RVD won, I just wish it'd been clean.  I'll actually tape Raw tonight just to see what the reaction from WWE and Cena is

Was nice to see Angle manhandle Orton, too.

The hardcore match was entertaining, but I'm not crazy about the way they booked it.  I know they needed to protect Foley, and especially Edge, for their WWE push so I guess it was expecting too much to think Dreamer and Funk might go over.

One thing on the Big Show: The way they used him last night was perfect.  Quick run in and monster manhandle.  What he did to that guy with the cobra clutch/backbreaker and toss was SICK.  He'll need to try to find a way to take some bumps, though.

Oh, and JBL did show up last night.  He announced that he'll be the new "voice of Smackdown"..replacing Tazz, it looks like, on broadcast.

Together again,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6048 on: June 12, 2006, 04:03:26 PM »

I spent my 40 bucks and I must say it was well worth it.

just hearing the crowd chants alone were great.

They absolutely ripped Cena a New Asshole.

The ending wasnt disappointing at all cause RVD is the world champ.

Sure I wish it had been clean but RVD is the champ and that is good enough for me.

Was the Rey and Sabu match suppose to end that way?
Seems to me the table didnt break the way it was suppose to cause they seriously landed right on their heads.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #6049 on: June 12, 2006, 05:40:09 PM »

I just caught the major points of the show. Angle is going to fit into ECW quite nicely I think.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6050 on: June 12, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »

And just like that ECW becomes garbage.  I was praying that it's return would be legit, but this is just pathetic.  Cena and Edge showing up?  Might as well just have combined Raw and Smackdown.  ECW = Exploited Company Wrestling.  I give up.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #6051 on: June 13, 2006, 01:28:37 AM »

The Rey/Sabu match was supposed to end that way.  I thought One Night Stand was a very entertaining show.  There were a few things I would've liked to see done differently.  RVD's win should have been clean.  Its his defining moment as a wrestler, WWE has been building toward it for several months now.  The guy's deserved a World Title for frigging ever, and they still couldn't have him go over clean.  That was dissapointing.  Other than that I have no major complaints though.  I hope after this WWE vs. ECW feud dies down ECW is given a chance to develop on its own without constantly having WWE guys from Raw or Smackdown showing up.  But for now I have no problem with it since there are some interesting story lines going on right now.  I'm very psyched to finally see a Foley/Flair feud.  And the whole DX thing got off to a good start as well.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #6052 on: June 13, 2006, 12:25:47 PM »

Raw was pretty good last night I thought. Vengeance looks decent too.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6053 on: June 13, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

Where's Chris Masters these days? Busted?

The triple threat should be great, it's just a shame that it looks pretty predictable right now... Surely Shelton is going to retain by, probably sneekily or of the sort, pinning Nitro, keeping Carlito clean for a title change around Summerslam....... It's the only reason that I can think for Nitro's inclusion in the match.

But maybe I'm jumping the gun and they'll shock us.....

Oh, and seriously, what the fuck... I know that it has been in a bad state for a while, but it's beyond belief now... Are WWE going to drop tag matches? The tag titles are completely and utterly buried right now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6054 on: June 13, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

Raw last night proved to me, once again, why I dont' watch the WWE anymore.? 'cause the wrestling sucks, the "matches" are way too short (and usually don't have clean finishes), and the stories are way too underdeveloped.? It's like watching wrestling for those with ADD.?

There were two things I found intersting.? One was the DX retread...we'll see where they take it.? So long as they infuse the gig with some of the trademark DX sarcastic humor, it'll be interesting.? The other was the Foley/Flair fued.? I wish it'd happened back in the NWA days, when they were in their prime, but this could be a real winner.

There was much more I found idiotic.? The Orton/Kane match was awful.? Orton not selling the injury from the night before was pathetic, and the "fake" Kane angle has been done before, long ago, with the "Underfaker" stuff.? Umaga, or whatever the hell his name is, is laughable.? Anyone with a finisher that consists of jabbing his thumb into someone's neck is never gonna get over.? You could see the crowd sitting on their hands.? The Wet and Wild match might have been wet, but certainly wasn't wild.? I don't mind a little T and A with my wrestling.....at all.? But that "match" was, quite frankly, boring.? Seeing Torrie's ass wasn't bad, but the rest of it was a waste.

I can't comment on the Cena match.? I fell asleep just prior.? I'll take a look tonight as I recorded it....

Hopefully ECW tonight will be MUCH better.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:28:40 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6055 on: June 13, 2006, 01:51:23 PM »

... Dude. If you're not a lover of the short matches that are pretty crappy, do yourself a favour. Don't watch the Cena match........

(Though, it does set something up all righty)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6056 on: June 13, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »

I liked the Cena match. It showcased all his moveset....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6057 on: June 13, 2006, 07:21:01 PM »

I have a question. Why did I not see Orton/Kane?! I taped it and watched it this afternoon... How did I miss it........

I mean, it didn't have my full attention at all times, but surely I wouldn't have missed it completely! When did it come?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #6058 on: June 13, 2006, 07:27:16 PM »

1st match out!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #6059 on: June 13, 2006, 07:28:03 PM »

I see......