Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 826775 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5940 on: May 31, 2006, 10:16:03 AM »

World Wrestling Entertainment(R) Announces ECW(R) Live Events Summer Tour

STAMFORD, Conn., May 31, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- World Wrestling Entertainment today released the dates for its first ECW live event tour, following the announcement that it is officially launching an ECW brand and that a live ECW summer television series will be on the SCI FI Channel.

Tickets for all events June through August go on sale June 17, unless otherwise noted.

Following the sold-out "ECW: One Night Stand" pay-per-view event in New York City at the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 11, the ECW live event tour kicks off with a performance broadcast live on SCI FI Channel on Tuesday, June 13, from the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, N. J., following the taping of "Friday Night SmackDown(R)." Tickets for the event in Trenton are currently on sale.

In June, July and August, ECW will perform in the following locations:

June 20 - Albany, N.Y. - Pepsi Arena (already on sale)
June 24 - Philadelphia Pa. - Alhambra Arena
June 25 - Elizabeth, Pa. - Court Time Sports Center
June 26 - Beckley, W. Va. - Armory Civic Center Arena
July 1 - Toms River, N.J. - Poland Springs Arena
July 2 - York, Pa. - Toyota Center
July 8 - Racine, Wis. - Memorial Hall
July 9 - Green Bay, Wis. - Brown County Expo Center
July 10 - La Crosse, Wis. - La Crosse Center
July 11 - Minneapolis, Minn. -Target Center (on sale June 10)
July 15 - Tyler, Texas - Oil Palace
July 16 - Huntsville, Texas - Sam Houston Coliseum
July 17 - Austin, Texas - Palmer Event Center
July 18 - Corpus Christi, Texas - American Bank Center
July 22 - Muskegon, Mich. - L.C. Walker Arena
July 23 - Saginaw, Mich. - Dow Event Center
July 24 - Battle Creek, Mich - Kellogg Arena
July 25 - Detroit, Mich. - Joe Louis Arena (On Sale June 24)
July 29 - Durham, N.H. - Whittemore Center
July 30 - Fitchburg, Mass. - Wallace Civic Center
August 5 - Poplar Bluff, Mo - Black River Coliseum
August 6 - Jackson, Tenn. - Oman arena
August 7 - McMinnville, Tenn.- McMinnville Civic Center
August 8 - Nashville, Tenn. - Gaylord Entertainment Center (on Sale June 24)
August 12 - Elmira, N.Y. - First Arena
August 13 - White Plains, N.Y. - Westchester County Center
August 14 - Salisbury, Md. - Wicomico Center
August 15 - Washington, D.C. - MCI Center (on Sale June 24)

For more information go to ECW.com.

Damn no Toronto dates...I wonder how this whole ECW thing will hold up

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #5941 on: May 31, 2006, 10:34:37 AM »

Quite a full on itenarary. The Sovereign Bank Arena is pretty big for ECW.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5942 on: May 31, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »

Being from Michigan (west side of the state) I know the shows in Muskegon And Battle Creek are older smaller arenas that RAW would never play. Maybe smackdown on a non tv taping might play.  Battle Creek might be interesting though as that is where RVD is from.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5943 on: May 31, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »

Carlito wrestled a match taped for Heat for the third week in a row on Monday.? Undecided
I'm thinking.

Even though i don't think he should be in D-X alot of people do.

So i think they're is a good possiblity they are holding him back 'til the storyline really get's going and they starting adding new members then he could carry on his feud with Matt Striker, Teacher vs. Degenerate eh?
Evolution
« Reply #5944 on: May 31, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »

I thought that was possible too. I think Victoria as Chyna mark II could be good.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5945 on: May 31, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »

HHH, HBK, Carlito and Victoria then

Anyone else?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #5946 on: May 31, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »

Mordecai.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5947 on: May 31, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »

"WWE did consider moving Ken Kennedy from Smackdown to ECW to be a top heel, but with that idea having been dropped, Dave Meltzer reports that Test is being considered for a top program with Rob Van Dam. Developmental talents CM Punk and Mike Knox are names under consideration for the ECW brand. Heyman is high on Armando Alejandro Estranda, Beth Phoenix, and Gunner Scott, but all have been recently called up.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Terry Funk has recommended TNA's Homicide for the ECW roster."

rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5948 on: May 31, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »

He is the greatest jobber of all time, ahead of Barry Horowitz, (Horowitz got a small push in the late 90's for two weeks)
The greatest jobbers of all time are Randy and Chris Mulkey. Wrestled in the NWA/WCW in the 1980's. For some reason, they even got a slot in the Jim Crockett Seniior Memorial cup tournament. rofl rofl

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5949 on: May 31, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

Iron Mike Sharpe is another notable jobber.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #5950 on: June 01, 2006, 04:34:30 AM »

I always liked Arch Kincade. One fucked up haircut.

Like Ryan Seacrest, only better
By Brett Hoffman
May 31, 2006

When fans tune into SmackDown this week, they will notice a big change. Starting this Friday, the show will have a new host. The man chosen for the job is not completely unfamiliar to WWE fans. He is The Miz. WWE.com caught up with the reality TV star to find out what we can expect from SmackDown while he?s the host.

A devoted wrestling fan from birth, The Miz has been waiting for this moment for his entire life. As he explained to WWE.com, he has never been ashamed to admit it. ?Ever since I started appearing on TV, I told people I wanted to be in WWE. The whole time I was on reality shows, I really wished I was on SmackDown. After all those years, I?m finally here and I couldn?t be more excited. I can?t wait to get started.?

Seeing as how SmackDown has never had a host before, it?s only natural for the fans to be a little unsure as to what The Miz will actually do. The new host, however, is confident as to what his role will be. ?My job is to keep the show moving nice and smooth. Think of it this way. The Miz is to SmackDown as Ryan Seacrest is to American Idol. Only, I am more talented, and slightly better looking.?

SmackDown?s newest Superstar claims to already have some big plans in mind for Friday nights. ?If you ever watched me before, you know that I am not afraid to be a little controversial. I am not going to hesitate to stir the pot or create some drama. I come from reality TV, drama is my business.?

As part of his plan, The Miz sees the fans becoming even more involved in SmackDown. ?One thing a host is supposed to do is get the fans to participate. Being a people person, that should be no problem for me. I will get the fans involved, and make them into WWE Superstars in their own right.?

To some fans, it?s no secret that The Miz has done his fair share of in-ring training. So, now that he will be involved with SmackDown on a weekly basis, is there any chance of The Miz becoming physically involved? ?Absolutely. At some point the real Miz will emerge. Stay tuned because anything can happen when The Miz is involved. HOO-RAH!?

Smackdown host? I wonder what that means  hihi

On another note I got front row tickets to an Aberdeen house show in November! Get in!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5951 on: June 01, 2006, 04:56:43 AM »

Smackdown host? I wonder what that means? hihi
Interesting. As you know, I'm an "old school" fan, and I dont really watch wrestling anymore, but I am definitely going to check this out. Sounds like a risky move to me. It could go in many different directions, most of them disastrous. Why does the show need a host? Has the quality of the wrestling got even worse? When I did watch it, I prefered Raw over Smackdown.

Evolution
« Reply #5952 on: June 01, 2006, 05:07:13 AM »

Smackdown right now is undergoing some problems with main event talent. The only two men in the division avaliable are Rey Mysterio the champion and Mark Henry.  Tongue

They were going to bring Mizanin to feud with "management" but Palmer Canon left the show. I guess this is just something to capatalise on his charisma.

That said, I've no idea how this is going to pan out.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5953 on: June 01, 2006, 05:26:38 AM »

Mysterio and Henry are the top dogs? nervous nervous Damn. It has taken a turn for the worse. Even when they had heavyweights like Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle it was weaker than Raw. Yeah, I had heard something awhile back about Mysterio having the world title. Hell, he was a cruiserweight back when I watched it. How the times have changed. Remember that lottery thing they did awhile back and a few wrestlers changed? Maybe they should do that again. They definitely need a big name having that title. Where's Lesnar now? How about Goldberg?

Hell, maybe they should bring that one legged kid back. rofl rofl

Evolution
« Reply #5954 on: June 01, 2006, 05:33:54 AM »

They haven't seemed to want to do a lottery this year unfortunately. I think instead ECW will get a few guys from each roster. A few wrestlers have swapped brands or left due to injury though, and it's all on Smackdown! In the last two weeks, JBL and Chris Benoit have taking time off for injury, the only real tag team have spilt up and one half gone to Raw, the other in rehab. 3 main guys are returning this month though so its' cool.

Goldberg might be doing something with TNA last I heard and Lesnar's the IWGP Heavyweight Champion in Japan. As for Zach Gowen haha, He still does indys.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5955 on: June 01, 2006, 05:56:38 AM »

Last week on RAW, Shawn Michaels's was at the end of an attack by Spirit Squad to set up an angle that will leave Michael?s out of WWE television until the June 25 Vengeance pay-per-view. Sean underwent an MRI on Tuesday in San Antonio to determine the severity of a knee injury which has been bothering him for a while now. Surgery would be for a minor clean up of loose cartilage in the knee and it would only require an arthroscopic operation. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is generally much faster than recovery from traditional open knee surgery.

The injury angle is not expected to affect the DX Reunion between HBK and Triple H, reports The Pro Wrestling Torch. The angle could play out as soon as Monday night on RAW, or even as late as the actual pay-per-view in 4 weeks time.

The DX reunion angle isn?t expected to last long, and has been considered short term lasting through the summer. No additional wrestlers are expected to be part of the angle.
Sad rant
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #5956 on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:53 AM »

Last week on RAW, Shawn Michaels's was at the end of an attack by Spirit Squad to set up an angle that will leave Michael?s out of WWE television until the June 25 Vengeance pay-per-view. Sean underwent an MRI on Tuesday in San Antonio to determine the severity of a knee injury which has been bothering him for a while now. Surgery would be for a minor clean up of loose cartilage in the knee and it would only require an arthroscopic operation. Recovery from knee arthroscopy is generally much faster than recovery from traditional open knee surgery.

The injury angle is not expected to affect the DX Reunion between HBK and Triple H, reports The Pro Wrestling Torch. The angle could play out as soon as Monday night on RAW, or even as late as the actual pay-per-view in 4 weeks time.

The DX reunion angle isn?t expected to last long, and has been considered short term lasting through the summer. No additional wrestlers are expected to be part of the angle.
Sad rant

Eh, I don't really feel like reliving the past anyway. It is 2006, DX had their time.

Oh and as far as ECW is concerned, there can not be ECW in big arenas. The Armories and small arenas were ECW. It's a part of the whole aura. That being said, I'm looking forward to possibly seeing the first new ECW show in Trenton.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Evolution
« Reply #5957 on: June 01, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »

A cool footnote to be part of. Welcome back NFA.

I get the feeling that the hype for Vengeance this year is going to be so minimal due to ECW  Undecided

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5958 on: June 01, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »

I get the feeling that the hype for Vengeance this year is going to be so minimal due to ECW? Undecided
.....You want some hype eh?

......Some build up eh?

....... Tongue

Evolution
« Reply #5959 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Yeah I mean you got that of course. But apart from that it'll just be a one match card, two at best with the title match.

The usual 4 matches made on the Raw before sort of thing  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: