Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 828469 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5720 on: May 16, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

That can be annoying with moves.? I mean what about every time someone goes for a superplex from the top rope and the dude having the move done to him steps into position for the move (ya know stepping over so his legs are on the inside of the ropes....) and well....blah.

I guess that 619 goes without saying......? nervous
And every off the top rope move where the guy on the floor moves himself into place to be hit, in some awful moments rolling halfway across the ring to be in position to be nailed by a frog splash....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5721 on: May 16, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »

... Or a losing submission, they need to roll away form the ropes so they can't get to them...

While we're complaining, the "holding the ropes to win" bollocks as well! Such cheap heat, and the worst thing about it is that if it was done properly it would make sense! A role up right next to the ropes, then using them as leverage... That makes sense to me. But a pin near the ropes and the heel pretty much just touching them? Drives me freaking mad!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5722 on: May 16, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

Some new posters to the Wrestling thread!!  Smiley

Welcome guys

Overall Raw was pretty good last night, let's not be too negative!  ok

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #5723 on: May 16, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »

The way Vince was holding Shane at the end of Raw was pricless!  NOOOOOOO! 

That was very funny, like Shane was the victim of a mafia hit or something.

I liked how they remembered that Hardcore Ceremony in 2003 though. Even more impressive considering the current writing team didn't do it.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5724 on: May 16, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »

Was pretty funny, i can see some bad shit for HHH next week...

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5725 on: May 16, 2006, 07:43:40 PM »

But a pin near the ropes and the heel pretty much just touching them? Drives me freaking mad!
hihi Yeah most of the time the ref has already counted to 3 by the time they've got their feet on the ropes, it's pure incompetence with some of them....

....Parisi & Cade would NEVER do that though, they're damn good workers, plus Parisi never wins so he never get's a chance to do that....one day though.....he will....

Evolution
« Reply #5726 on: May 16, 2006, 09:25:42 PM »

I thought you guys had to see this interview off The Sun's website. I can't believe Benoit would say that.

IN this column we've accused WWE bosses of using the death of beloved superstar Eddie Guerrero in a tasteless manner to advance other storylines.

One example we cited was JBL mimicking Eddie's moves and mannerisms in his WrestleMania bout with Chris Benoit, one of Guerrero's best friends.

But, in an exclusive interview with SunSport Online, Benoit defended the WWE and says the company have not been exploiting Eddie's memory.

Chris told us: "Everyone has their own opinion. Some of the fans are angry with it and others are OK with it.

"It's a personal thing and I listen to and respect other people's opinions.

"I didn't know that fans were mad about our match at WrestleMania. I'll listen to their views, but I was fine with what we did.

"The storylines involving Eddie have not been hard for me to watch."

One thing that was hard for Chris was inducting Guerrero into the WWE's Hall Of Fame.

At a highly emotional ceremony, Benoit paid loving tribute to his pal along with Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero.

Eddie's wife Vickie and two of his three daughters accepted the nomination on his behalf.

And Chris revealed: "Inducting Eddie into the Hall Of Fame was very very emotional. It was difficult being up there but afterwards I felt a sense of relief.

"It helped me in terms of my grieving process. I still miss Eddie, especially when I'm on the road, as we spent so much time together.

"Doing the Hall Of Fame helped me heal, understand and cope better.

"And I hope that everyone else there felt the same thing I did. It was like therapy in some ways.

"The biggest thing was watching Vickie and Eddie's daughters and how they carried themselves.

"I know how difficult it was for me, so I can't imagine how difficult it was for them."

Benoit also felt it fitting that the following night at WrestleMania Rey Mysterio won the WWE heavyweight championship, in what was the superstar's favourite bout of the night.

"That match truly was a work of art," Chris says. "I really enjoyed watching it."

"I'm on Smackdown, so I get to travel with those guys every day, and it was special watching such an incredible display.

"And I was so happy to see Rey Mysterio win - that was huge!

"The first time I saw Rey was in Japan in 1995 and he blew me away back then.

"But at that time I would never have imagined him being the WWE world heavyweight champion one day.

"He sure proved a lot of people wrong!

"He may be smaller than other wrestlers, but the cream always rises to the top.

"I told Rey that as he came back to the locker room at WrestleMania. I said: 'This is for your ability and what you do in the ring.'

"It's not about politics, it's about what he brings to the table as a wrestler and how entertaining he is.

"In the past there were a lot of wrestlers who went out there and were total gimmicks, they didn't have the in-ring ability to be the total package.

"Back in that era they were able to make it, but nowadays are fans are more educated and can see through it.

"You may have the greatest idea or gimmick in the world but if you can't produce then you'll fall."

The Crippler added: "I really enjoyed the whole night.

"I was happy with my match with JBL, but I wish we had more time to do more wrestling. I felt we started brawling a little early.

"The strongest part of what I do is my wrestling, so I wanted to be able to wrestle a little more."

Chris, who at the time of this interview denied rumours that he'd signed a new deal with the WWE, says to expect a lot more wrestling from him in 2006.

"There's so much I want to achieve," he told us. "I'd love to win one of the world titles and also go back to Raw and fight Triple H, Shawn Michaels and the guys over there.

"I just love being able to get in the ring and do something creatively different with talent.

"That's why I love wrestling - you never do the same thing over again.

"I can't predict the future but I'm happy right now and I feel good. I would like to do this for as long as I can be entertaining without embarrassing myself."

And when Chris finally does retire, which we hope is a long way off, he says there are plenty more Benoits ready to take his place.

"They are out there," he insists. "Believe me!

"There are a lot of guys who are very talented but are just lacking that confidence. The only way to get that is to go out there and perform in front of a WWE crowd.

"You see a lot of guys who are phenomenal in Ohio Valley or Deep South, but then we bring them up for a weekend and they look very different.

"But Gunner Scott, who used to wrestle as Brent Albright, is already showing huge leaps.

"And Harry Smith has just joined the WWE and, in my eyes, is going to be a huge part of the future of this industry.

"It's hard for me to talk about him as one of the new guys as I've known him forever.

"Harry is so gifted as a wrestler - the best I've seen since I was a young man in Japan - and I have very high hopes for him."

And, as if by wrestling magic, next week's exclusive interview will be with none other than Harry Smith.
Evolution
« Reply #5727 on: May 17, 2006, 12:57:12 AM »

Here D, when does the scoring for WWE Game 3 start?

I got my team all sorted.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5728 on: May 17, 2006, 05:21:54 AM »

Here D, when does the scoring for WWE Game 3 start?
Don't you mean Fantasy Season 7?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5729 on: May 17, 2006, 06:25:44 AM »

If he does...... It starts the Raw after Judgement Day.

As I said before, when you see the Raw preview, and winners from Judgement Day, you might want to mix your team about a bit.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #5730 on: May 17, 2006, 12:38:27 PM »

Yeah I did mean that. I was running on no sleep at the time  nervous
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5731 on: May 17, 2006, 06:54:16 PM »

Anyone else think Rey is too small to be carring Smackdown? Besides his height and the fact that he has now jobbed the last two weeks and lost and yet he is still the World Champion.  I don't think Rey is or ever will be anything more then a mid carder at around the United States level at best.  Watching the "champ" getting worked over by Kahli was sad. I knwo they are pushing Kahli hard but why are they jobbing Rey around like a local talent.  He doesnt have the build to be a world heavyweight champion.  It was a nice tribute to Eddie to let Rey win but enough is enough.

How about Umaga, what a waste of time on raw.  Finding local guys to job to him.  Cant the WWE just let the TNA have one original star.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5732 on: May 17, 2006, 07:01:47 PM »

O loved the idea of Rey being the champ.  Who cares about his size?  He an excellent performer.  The WWE treating him like a jobber isn't his fault.  They could've made Rey look like an awesome champ if they wanted.  Instead they choose to foolishly bury him every week to wastes of space like Khali and Mark Henry.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #5733 on: May 17, 2006, 07:04:51 PM »

All it takes is JBL to help the heels win, but oh no, CLEAN victories.

Shouldn't that mean Henry and Khali are now the No.1 Contenders?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5734 on: May 18, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »

All it takes is JBL to help the heels win, but oh no, CLEAN victories.

Shouldn't that mean Henry and Khali are now the No.1 Contenders?

I remember back in the 80's and 90's anytime you beat the champion in a non-title match it moved you up on the list and some title shot.  I remember even the 1-2-3 kid earning a WWF title shot against Bret Hart.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5735 on: May 18, 2006, 02:55:32 PM »

Oi. Wrestling geeks.

Who's planning on going to Hammersmith?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5736 on: May 18, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »

Oi. Wrestling geeks.

No you bastard. Im seeing them at Download. Id love to go to Hammersmith but i have no money to get a ticket, or train ticket. Otherwise, i would go.
Stay at Jims house and escape before he awakens in the morning. Stealing all of his eyeliner in the process.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5737 on: May 18, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »

Oi. Wrestling geeks.

Only if Repo Man is gonna be there..... Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5738 on: May 18, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

No you bastard. Im seeing them at Download. Id love to go to Hammersmith but i have no money to get a ticket, or train ticket. Otherwise, i would go.
Stay at Jims house and escape before he awakens in the morning. Stealing all of his eyeliner in the process.

You wouldn't need to steal, hell, I'll give you it if you want it that bad.  Cool

I'm up in the air about going. I really, really can't afford it, but seeing as I can't go to Download... I'm going to try and buy two tickets tommorow, one for me and one for whoever of my mates I persuade to come with me. If I don't manage to get them, I'll have to buy a single and go up on my own.

That's if I can even get the money together...

You two are bastards! Fuck sake, I hate Download.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5739 on: May 18, 2006, 06:05:28 PM »

You wouldn't need to steal, hell, I'll give you it if you want it that bad.? Cool

I'm up in the air about going. I really, really can't afford it, but seeing as I can't go to Download... I'm going to try and buy two tickets tommorow, one for me and one for whoever of my mates I persuade to come with me. If I don't manage to get them, I'll have to buy a single and go up on my own.

That's if I can even get the money together...

You two are bastards! Fuck sake, I hate Download.
I want to go but...

...the cost of train tickets.....and acccomadation.....

....blah

I'll be at Download though....Woo!
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: