Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 829543 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5540 on: May 05, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »

Fuck off. I hope you're trying to be a funny man. If that's true I'll... Jump out the window?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5541 on: May 05, 2006, 11:39:34 AM »

Just read on Wrestlecrap that according to the PWI Elite section, X-Pac has signed with WWE.
Yeah i read that last night....

...but if you'd taken the time to read the WHOLE thread you'd also realise the reports false Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #5542 on: May 05, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »

It is?? Och shit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5543 on: May 05, 2006, 12:39:23 PM »

Here's an interesting interview with Billy Kidman.

The dude was a solid worker and even though he lacked personality, he had the makings of a good gimmick towards the end of his WWE career, when he turned Psycho and feuded with Paul London i was loving the feud and his gimmick but WWE stupidly ended the feud too soon and returned him to Velocity Roll Eyes

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2006200713,00.html

When Billy Kidman was let go by the WWE last year nobody knew why.

Was the high-flyer a victim of a lack of interest in the cruiserweight division or had 10 years of wrestling taken its toll on his body?

Now, for the very first time, Billy has told his side of the story - blasting WWE bosses for the way they treat their stars and revealing that he thinks speaking up about it cost him his job.

The wrestler, who is married to gorgeous Diva Torrie Wilson, exclusively told Sun Online: "We were at a WWE talent meeting and they were saying how great business was overseas and how much money they made on the last tour to Australia.

"Then, in the very next sentence, they told us they're not going to fly us business class on foreign trips anymore. So we were looking at 10-20 hour flights in economy class.

"I had heard rumours they may be doing that and I was already fed up about the many different ways in which they take advantage of us.

"So I asked: 'Why would you cut the budget from overseas tours when that's where we're making money and when we go over there so much? Why not cut budgets in the States? You brought in a dress code because you said we had to look like athletes - so show me one athlete who flies economy class.'"

"I think I was the first person to say something and then, from that point, it was Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena and Booker T.

"There is one guy who doesn't sit in that group!

"As soon as I raised my hand I knew I was going to get fired and once I started talking I couldn't stop.

"I heard rumours that I was let go because of injuries, but this is the bottom line. Anybody who was in that meeting knows why I got fired.

Billy, who is still angry about the WWE's treatment of their superstars, added: "There's no reason to send guys overseas, make them work eight or nine shows, then fly them in the middle seat coach class. But at least they're dressed up with a tie on!

"I still speak to people there and things like this are killing morale. But I don't think it's sunk into the WWE how low morale affects people's work.

"When I started in wrestling I couldn't understand why the veterans would do the same thing every night.

"But after 10 years of being treated like c**p in WCW and WWE I can see why. You don't want to screw the fans, but you are drained mentally and don't want to give your all.

"I never ever ever thought I'd get to the point where I didn't want to wrestle anymore. In my whole life all I ever wanted to do was work for the WWE.

"But you can only be treated like a caged animal for so long before something snaps."

After being let go by the WWE, Billy decided to take a complete back from wrestling - not even watching it on TV.

Last week he made a rare in-ring appearance for Britain's Frontier Wrestling Alliance (FWA), in a superb triple threat match with Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm.

Billy even hit a plancha from the balcony into the ring - a move he would never have been allowed to do in the WWE - and says matches like that have given him his thirst for wrestling back.

The star told us: "Between July and now I've only wrestled a handful of times but each time I do, I start to miss it.

"I love being in the ring and not having to worry about time queues or if the person after you is going to get mad if you do a certain move.

"In the WWE, they want the cruiserweights to work the same psychology and the same match pace as the heavyweights.

"Then they only give you a few minutes for your match, so if you do a high impact move and don't sell it long enough - the office will get mad at you.

"I did a tag team match in Italy that they wanted to go about 12 minutes. It started to go a little longer than that and I was freaking out!

"I'm used to getting yelled out if you go 30 seconds over. Even if you hit your time queue you'll get yelled at for something else. For 10 years it was like that.

"So I was thinking: 'Oh man, this is it. This will be my first and last time here.'

"Then we got to the back and the promoters actually thanked me for working so hard and entertaining the fans!

"We didn't plan on going that long but went with the flow of the crowd, so to be appreciated for it was a breath of fresh air.

"To be able to go out there and perform, and do what I love to do, makes it fun again. And for a long time it hasn't been fun for me."

Now Kidman is enjoying his wrestling again, he's planning to make a full time return - possibly with the WWE's rival American wrestling federation TNA.

"It did cross my mind to leave wrestling all together and concentrate on my businesses," Billy admits. "But I don't think I ever took that thought seriously."

"And now I've had that time off to recharge and think about things, I'm ready to get back into things full swing!

"I plan on starting to pick up some more work now, whether it be in the States, England, Italy or Japan.

"TNA has definitely spotted a gap in the market with the X Division and I know pretty much all the guys there.

"I actually went to their recent Lockdown PPV to show my face and let them know I'm around.

"I didn't chat to Jeff Jarrett or talk business with anybody, but I worked with Jeff in WCW and they know what I can offer."

But the big question on everyone's lips is would Billy ever return to the WWE?

After all, guys like Test were even harsher critics of working for Vince McMahon and went back.

Kidman is honest enough to admit he'd do the same.

He revealed: "If they asked me I'd think about it.

"I know some of the guys they brought back aren't making what they were money wise, and I would have no interest in going back for any less than I was earning. I didn't feel I was making that much anyway!

"Ninety-five per cent of the guys are underpaid and the WWE are doing it because there's no competition and they can.

"You can make good money by working indies and going to Japan and I don't necessarily need the ego stroke of being on TV.

"If the money was the same and I was given the choice between all the political bulls*** or being able to do what I like to - then it's a no-brainer!"

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5544 on: May 05, 2006, 01:15:49 PM »

The Charlotte Bobcats Arena website has posted an article on the upcoming WWE Judgment Day PPV. The preview reads: World Wrestling Entertainment's? (WWE) Vengeance, a live, pay-per-view event Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 7:45 p.m. with tickets on sale Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:00 a.m. Superstars scheduled to appear: THE RETURN OF DE-GENERATION X! - DX IS BACK!!!

Just to note, the plan is to definitely have a return of D-X. WWE media reps have been sending previews out early telling asrena's to start advertising the return of the group.

Grin

That's a hatrick for Doull
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5545 on: May 05, 2006, 01:20:47 PM »

I can see a HHH & HBK (not yet DX but put together 'against their will') v maybe the spirit squad (actin for Vince) at Vengance, and interference from X-pac etc will win it for the new DX!!

What you think?

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5546 on: May 05, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »

He better fuckin lose, surely...
Although I can't picture RVD loosing cleanly at the ECW ONS, but I could see RVD winning by a DQ or something or it being a non title match, even though I dislike Cena I can't see the title of titles change hand on a "ECW" paper per view.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Evolution
« Reply #5547 on: May 05, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »

The plan would be for RVD to cash in his Money In The Bank title shot.

I could see RVD doing a Shane Douglas style thing.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #5548 on: May 05, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »

I think it would be awesome to have DX back but how long is that really gonna last?? Isn't time for something new, diffrent and exciting to happen in the WWE...TNA is kicking ass...the Lockdown PPV was one of the best PPVS in a few years..except maybe the main event was OK at best and the arm wrestling sucked but overall the wrestling in TNA is much more fast paced...I like WWE I just wish we could have something new instead re-hashing old ideas.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5549 on: May 05, 2006, 07:37:57 PM »

^ Welcome to the board....and this awesome section dude smoking

WWE.com has confirmed the signings of The Sandman, Francine, Danny Doring and Tony Mamaluke. WWE.com confirmed the signings of Sabu, Jazz, Axl Rotten, Balls Mahoney and C.W. Anderson yesterday. Here is the official message from WWE.com...

ECW signs several Superstars

As first reported by WWE?s new mobile alert system, ECW has signed the following:

The Sandman
Francine
Danny Doring
Tony Mamaluke

These Superstars are in addition to the fllowing names announced on Thursday:

Sabu
Jazz
Axl Rotten
Balls Mahoney
C.W. Anderson
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #5550 on: May 05, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »

Thanks for the welcome ^? smoking

Thats awesome about the ECW signings..I hope they hold out no stops like old school ECW, though? I'm sure there will be some restrictions..hopefully they can at least do everything they did at last stand on a regular basis...is there any rumors going around that Mike Awesome will be signed?? I liked him in his ecw heyday...before he did the big F**k you

Also I read some stuff about Bill Goldberg being in negotiations to start wrestling with TNA on wikipedia (i know its not a great source) but he wants way to much money. I'm hoping they work something out...this seems to be prominetly a wwe zone but what do you guys think of TNA?? and the possibility of Goldberg comeing back...I for one think he's cool to watch for short spurts but gets kinda old cuz its the same thing over and over again.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5551 on: May 06, 2006, 06:28:05 AM »

Thanks for the welcome ^? smoking

Thats awesome about the ECW signings..I hope they hold out no stops like old school ECW, though? I'm sure there will be some restrictions..hopefully they can at least do everything they did at last stand on a regular basis...is there any rumors going around that Mike Awesome will be signed?? I liked him in his ecw heyday...before he did the big F**k you
Early 2006 Mike Awesome confirmed that he had retired from wrestling to spend time with family and sell real estate..

Also I read some stuff about Bill Goldberg being in negotiations to start wrestling with TNA on wikipedia (i know its not a great source) but he wants way to much money. I'm hoping they work something out...this seems to be prominetly a wwe zone but what do you guys think of TNA?? and the possibility of Goldberg comeing back...I for one think he's cool to watch for short spurts but gets kinda old cuz its the same thing over and over again.
I think he would be a good addition, if used correctly.

Now i don't like the guy but his kind of name value would only help the company, from what i read he did talk to them about coming in but expected more than what they were offering him (Bill still values himself a bit TOO highly...)
Evolution
« Reply #5552 on: May 06, 2006, 08:42:27 AM »

I love TNA's PPVs. Only thing is iMPACT needs another 30 mins to an hour so badly.

Some weeks Joe, AJ, Rhino don't get matches due to the time  Undecided
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5553 on: May 06, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »

http://rajah.com/base/node/5397

New Jack cut a promo at an independent show in Pittsburgh, PA Thursday night that he had signed a contact with WWE for their ECW project. According to sources within the WWE locker room, there is no truth to those claims.

WWE has, however, signed a mini wrestler from the Midwest known as Shortstack. Apparently the plan is to team Shortstack on SmackDown! as Fit Finlay?s sidekick.

rofl
Evolution
« Reply #5554 on: May 06, 2006, 12:55:04 PM »

Haha I saw that.

Should be good fun  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5555 on: May 07, 2006, 06:34:27 AM »

Speaking of new signings......

It has been confirmed that Jimmy "Akio" Yang has signed a new contract with WWE. Akio wrestled Charlie Haas on HEAT prior to last week's Raw tapings in Columbus, Ohio. His old Titantron video and theme music played when he made his entrance. Haas picked up the win over Akio. He is living in the Columbus, Ohio area, which is why he was there in the first place, and he was hoping to rejoin WWE.

Akio's work has always been praised - even Vince McMahon personally praised him during a meeting once - however, he was originally fired last July because the WWE creative team never had any ideas for him. Akio is probably best known for being Tajiri's bodyguard - along with Ryan Sakoda - and for his series of incredible matches with Paul London on Velocity in 2004 and 2005.

Akio will finish out his remaining independent dates before he makes his return to WWE. He may be a part of the relaunching ECW brand this time around

and.........

WWE has informally approached Jeff Hardy in regards to returning at the end of the summer. However, he must be clean, as there is zero tolerance on his drug issues. Friends are saying that he is working on those drug issues.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5556 on: May 07, 2006, 06:49:17 AM »

Be nice to see Jeff back, Hardy Boyz kicked ass back in the day

Evolution
« Reply #5557 on: May 07, 2006, 08:14:48 AM »

Awesome about Akio and cool about Jeff Hardy. I wonder if the Boyz will reunite even just once.

It would be cool if they did a "putting them way over" kinda thing with MNM, like a passing of the torch.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5558 on: May 07, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

It would be cool if they did a "putting them way over" kinda thing with MNM, like a passing of the torch.
Firstly Hardyz ain't that old....

Secondly they have zero singles prospects in WWE, they'd be best getting back together and staying together....

MNM
Hardyz
Kendrick/London
Mexicools

TLC Fatal 4-Way

Yeah Baby! headbanger

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5559 on: May 07, 2006, 11:18:27 AM »

drool Yea that would be awesome!!  drool