Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830324 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5420 on: April 28, 2006, 08:10:19 AM »

You actually want to see Hogan on TV?? ? confused
It's the idea behind it, it's like the icon of one company vs the icon of another, good way to pass the torch and all that, but it'll never happen anyway....

True, although I'd rather see Cena get his ass kicked by RVD

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #5421 on: April 28, 2006, 09:17:49 AM »

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

It?s being said that after all the meetings today, Vince McMahon has decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

Basically what would happen is, the show would be taped prior to SmackDown! every Tuesday until a new time slot is secured in the United States. For the time being it would only remain an internet property show. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

I wonder how the long the Heat/Velocity contract with SKY Tv has left?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5422 on: April 28, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

It?s being said that after all the meetings today, Vince McMahon has decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

Basically what would happen is, the show would be taped prior to SmackDown! every Tuesday until a new time slot is secured in the United States. For the time being it would only remain an internet property show. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

I wonder how the long the Heat/Velocity contract with SKY Tv has left?
So the Cruiserweight division is really screwed then, saying that many of them were with ECW and will probably return, Kid Kash, Psychosis, Nunzio etc.

How will this impact WWE Game IV Undecided 'ECW' ain't 'WWE' Wink
Evolution
« Reply #5423 on: April 28, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait and see.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5424 on: April 28, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »

Based on recent legal filings, MTV will indeed be picking up the "Wrestling Society X" project as a new series on the network. On 4/11, the network filed for a trademark on the term "MTV Wrestling Society X" listing it as, "G & S: ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES IN THE NATURE OF AN ON-GOING TELEVISION SERIES, FEATURING LIVE ACTION, COMEDY AND DRAMA; PROVIDING ONLINE INFORMATION IN THE FIELD OF ENTERTAINMENT CONCERNING TELEVISION PROGRAMS."

The 30 minute pilot was produced by Big Vision Entertainment in Los Angeles featuring Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, New Jack, and Vampiro, among others. The pilot was set in a "Fight Club" that was created to look run down and featured Black Label Society performing live.

At the time, the hope was for MTV to sign off on the pilot, at which point 12 half hour episodes would be produced. There was also talk of taking Wrestling Society X on the road and making it a package tour with harder-edged musical acts.

As noted earlier this week by PWInsider.com, an official announcement is expected within the next week.
Evolution
« Reply #5425 on: April 28, 2006, 10:52:22 PM »

Interesting. I'm still expecting it to come off as something polished like Viva La Bam or something.
Evolution
« Reply #5426 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »

Wrestling Machine dismantled
April 29, 2006

Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World?s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. ?At that point, I wasn?t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,? Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

Fuck's sake. How accident prone is that fat bastard Henry? Two main eventers injured by him in 4 months.

Booker/Lashley for the final anyone?
Evolution
« Reply #5427 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »

Can JBL end Mysterio's miracle reign?
April 29, 2006

SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long has announced the main event for Judgment Day, which will take place Sunday, May 21, at the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, Ariz. The self-proclaimed American Hero, and United States Champion, JBL will challenge the biggest underdog World Heavyweight Champion in the history of sports-entertainment ? Rey Mysterio.

JBL issued the challenge last week on SmackDown during his United States Championship celebration. ?I took a Championship off your two buddies, Chris (Benoit) and Eddie (Guerrero). You?re the third, amigo,? said the cocky JBL. ?That thing is bigger than you,? he said about the World Heavyweight Championship on Rey?s shoulder. ?That thing will look really good on my right shoulder with (the U.S. Championship) on my left.?

Mysterio has admitted that his Championship reign can end at any time. The 5 foot 6, 165 pound champion may be small in stature, but his enormous heart cannot be overlooked. Although Rey?s miracle reign as champion can come to an abrupt halt at any time, one thing is for sure ? the master of the 619 will give it everything he?s got. Will it be enough, though, when he faces JBL at Judgment Day?

JBL sure loves his JD main events. I wonder if it'll be title for title.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5428 on: April 29, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »

Fuck's sake. How accident prone is that fat bastard Henry? Two main eventers injured by him in 4 months.
You backstabbing S.O.B. You defend him for years and now you turn on him, Mae Young would be dissapointed in you....

Booker/Lashley for the final anyone?
Of course.  That's been obvious from the start.  The annoying thing is they always may these things obvious.  They always focus on the people it's centred around.  Royal Rumble's with 30 men involved are usually built around 2 or 4 mens feuds.  And for this King of the Ring, Booker T has been cutting promo's every week, wearing the crown and all and to have Lashley attack him 2 weeks ago it made things obvious this was the start of something, and it will lead to them facing off....

Gregory Helms is back.  I wonder if the creative team remember who they made No.1 contender to the Cruiserweight Title before Helms got injured.  Paul London won a Fatal 4 Way on Velocity, and this past week he did pin the champion on Smackdown, he could be holding 2 belts soon, Cruiserweight & Tag Team Gold.

Smackdown had some solid matches, i see why Gunner Scott has been putting with Chris Benoit, Scott is so bland and emotionless he makes Benoit look like he has personality and charisma Cheesy

I really enjoyed the 6 Man Tag, seems more and more they are splitting up the Mexicools, now they both have fantastic singles potential but on a show in dire need of solid tag teams it annoys me to see them being split up all the time, and whatever had to accompaying your partner to ringside.... Roll Eyes

JBL starting off Smackdown was great, his match wasn't wonderful (are they ever?) but his promo was class (aren't they always?)

Seems the fans are not just turning on Cena they are turning on Mysterio now.  I am one of them.  My reasoning though is because i can't stand his matches.  He is a great wrestler, that's a fact, but i don't know how many more matches i can bare with him pointing to the sky and saluting Eddie, and how many more i can cope with his opponents gaining cheap heat by mocking Eddie and having to listen to the commentators bring up his bravery and how he's an underdog and, well, it's just annoying.  I wanted him to climb to the top but because he is amazing not because of Eddie Guerrero's death.  I mean fans should chant 'Mysterio' or 'Rey' when they want to cheer him on but all you hear them chant is 'Eddie'.  You also have his sickening promo's it just makes me cringe, everytime i see him on screen these days.  So that's why i am sick of him, seems the reason being given by many of the 'critics' though is that fans can't take him seriously as world champion because he's so small.  So what does everyone else think?  Are you sick of him?  And why do you feel the way you do?

Can JBL end Mysterio's miracle reign?
April 29, 2006

SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long has announced the main event for Judgment Day, which will take place Sunday, May 21, at the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, Ariz. The self-proclaimed American Hero, and United States Champion, JBL will challenge the biggest underdog World Heavyweight Champion in the history of sports-entertainment ? Rey Mysterio.

JBL issued the challenge last week on SmackDown during his United States Championship celebration. ?I took a Championship off your two buddies, Chris (Benoit) and Eddie (Guerrero). You?re the third, amigo,? said the cocky JBL. ?That thing is bigger than you,? he said about the World Heavyweight Championship on Rey?s shoulder. ?That thing will look really good on my right shoulder with (the U.S. Championship) on my left.?

Mysterio has admitted that his Championship reign can end at any time. The 5 foot 6, 165 pound champion may be small in stature, but his enormous heart cannot be overlooked. Although Rey?s miracle reign as champion can come to an abrupt halt at any time, one thing is for sure ? the master of the 619 will give it everything he?s got. Will it be enough, though, when he faces JBL at Judgment Day?

JBL sure loves his JD main events. I wonder if it'll be title for title.
Could be JBL winning this one.  With fans turning on Rey and rumours of Rob Van Dam jumping shows to face the Smackdown champion, it'll be interesting to say the least, i'm backing the Wrestling Gaaaawwd Grin
Evolution
« Reply #5429 on: April 29, 2006, 05:32:18 PM »

The Wrestling Heee-row!

As for Henry, he's blown it. He's injured one important wrestler too many.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5430 on: April 30, 2006, 06:04:44 AM »

From WWE.com: Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World's Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. "At that point, I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship," Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

Fuckin 'ell, silly big fat wanker

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #5431 on: April 30, 2006, 03:30:19 PM »

Hehe I posted that same thing 4 posts above.

But yeah, he's a stupid fat fuck.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5432 on: April 30, 2006, 03:34:07 PM »

Hehe I posted that same thing 4 posts above.

But yeah, he's a stupid fat fuck.
How dare you speak about Axl_Rose_700 like that

....Wait a minute Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #5433 on: April 30, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

I mean Henry!
Evolution
« Reply #5434 on: April 30, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »

FYI:

According to PWInsider Jim Ross is going to call Backlash tonight, Looks like Styles is off Raw now and shall call the ECW Shows.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5435 on: April 30, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »

FYI:

According to PWInsider Jim Ross is going to call Backlash tonight, Looks like Styles is off Raw now and shall call the ECW Shows.
That's good to hear.

I knocked Jim Ross ands i was sick of him, but maybe i just needed a break from him because i really enjoyed him at SNME & Wrestlemania.  If they want someone knew why don't they audition unknowns?

There must be big wrestling fans with boradcasting talents who have yet to be discovered?

I think they need an English dude, one with a Stoner style.....mmmm....y'all think about that as Trevor Murdoch would say. Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #5436 on: April 30, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »

After seeing Booker on Smackdown why not have King and Coach do it with a different wrestler each week?

More airtime for the guy, it would no doubt be entertaining and it's something new and fresh every single week.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5437 on: April 30, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

After seeing Booker on Smackdown why not have King and Coach do it with a different wrestler each week?
After hearing Booker T i'm half-tempted to hope he retires from wrestling and just commentates all the time he is hilarious nobody else is in his league on the mic at the moment and his commentary is so old school and all over the place, the dude rules!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5438 on: April 30, 2006, 06:04:16 PM »

JBL is up there with Booker on the mic. Personally, I find JBL funnier.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5439 on: April 30, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »

JBL is up there with Booker on the mic. Personally, I find JBL funnier.
JBL for me is a close second, it's just nobody says Boogeyman like Booker T, that always has me laughing.... hihi It's the little things like that, that edge it for me his mannerisms and what not...
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: