Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830577 times)
Evolution
« Reply #5380 on: April 24, 2006, 04:37:52 PM »

^

Isn't that pretty much what they're doing?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5381 on: April 24, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »

^

Isn't that pretty much what they're doing?
1. The word is tapings will be done before RAW/Smackdown - No shithole arena, WWE crowd etc.

2. If 1. is right then that means Vince and co. will be backstage and they may not do it straight away but in time they will interfer yes
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5382 on: April 24, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »

So, who's going to be commentating? Does that mean that there aren't going to be any real promos cut or 'main events'? That sounds bollocks.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5383 on: April 24, 2006, 06:29:26 PM »

So, who's going to be commentating? Does that mean that there aren't going to be any real promos cut or 'main events'? That sounds bollocks.
It does sound a bit dodgy, i guess things are still sketchy.  It's good to know they are offering out contracts....maybe this could also be a way to ditch Joey Styles to ECW and bring back Jim Ross....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5384 on: April 24, 2006, 06:36:55 PM »

Jim Ross...

Sorry, but the guy just doesn't do it for me anymore. As a kid, yeah, he made wrestling seem fantastic. But now... I just can't listen to his lies (and they are, blatant lies) without going like this ->  Undecided

I know that I am in the huge minority, but I think that the Smackdown commentators are by far the superior. King isn't funny anymore, Joey Styles makes too many mistakes and Jim Ross just isn't believable anymore.

Michael Cole and Tazz are just so... Authentic. They're great, they bounce off each but still they bring an air of believability to the table (quite literaly.....). If wrestling was real, the commentators would be just like those two.

I've always thought that Michael Cole was great though because, as I said, he just brings such a high level of authenticity to his work. When he was presenting Livewire, it was like he was genuinly presenting a highlight show for a genuine sport. When he was cowering from the Rock or Stone Cold in an interview, he actually looked like he was scared for his life!

Michael Cole was definatly, in my mind, one of the best things about the Attitude era.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5385 on: April 24, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »

I forgot two things:

Michael Cole is so great because the Josh Matthews of the industry are awful,

and also, to be fair, The Coach has improved to such an extent as a heel commentator that he is almost unrecognisable as the guy who once did Metal/Shotgun... Whatever.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5386 on: April 24, 2006, 06:44:01 PM »

It would be cool to see ECW back more regularly.But Truthfully from the way it sound,it's just going to be shit.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5387 on: April 24, 2006, 06:46:58 PM »

I'm a Josh Matthews mark, i'll say no more Embarrassed

....apart from the subject of 'blatant lies' and Michael Cole NOT telling them.

He this past week, referred to The Great Khali as a young Andre The Giant.

Way back when Andre could move and was real good in his early days (Not his Hogan fighting ones...)

Khali's just a roided up Giant Gonzalez in disguise Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5388 on: April 25, 2006, 05:14:53 AM »

Terry Brunk better known as Sabu has officially signed a WWE contract last night.

Sabu was currently working for TNA Wrestling and is better known for his appearances with ECW in the 1990?s.

The contract which Sabu signed with WWE will last for one year with an option to renew the contract at the end of the year?s deal.

This near enough confirms that Sabu will be appearing at the ECW One Night Stand II this year. More details will be available soon. Sabu?s website can be reached at www.officialsabu.com.

Evolution
« Reply #5389 on: April 25, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

I'm a Josh Matthews mark, i'll say no more Embarrassed

That's not wise.

Who remembers Kevin Kelly? He was a good announcer and could name the moves etc. as well as be entertaining.

Sabu signing is pretty interesting. Take it this means he'll be a part of Raw/Smackdown or is it just for the ECW return?
chezza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5390 on: April 25, 2006, 07:09:54 AM »

You're a mark for Josh "I call him Chris BenWAA" Matthews?? Wow ?_?

Todd Grisham > Josh Matthews  Cool

And FYI: If ECW is coming back, it's being ran by the WWE but Dreamer and Heyman are booking it all. It'll probably eminate from the Hammerstein ballroom...just with WWE's production team working on it.

Although it won't be aound forever...seeing as most of the ECW wrestlers are 40+ now or approaching their late 30's
Evolution
« Reply #5391 on: April 25, 2006, 07:16:05 AM »

Steve Romero > Todd Grisham and Josh Matthews
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5392 on: April 25, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

I agree that Cole and Tazz are the best announce team going.  The Raw team just isn't very good right now.  Coach is a pretty bad announcer.  I love him when he does his little promos or skits in the ring like he did this week with the divas.  He's funny in that role, as an announcer he's bad.  King is a shell of his former self.  He needs to go back to his heal-announcer persona.  He was much funnie back then.  And it pains me to see what has become of Styles.  Maybe if he can do the announcing for the ECW shows and JR would come back to Raw it would be better.  I forget where I heard this quote before, but regarding Styles...I'd like to hear ECW Styles cut a promo on WWE Styles.  It would be real cool if they could have an ECW announce team reuniting Styles and Cyrus (spelled incorrectly?).  But yeah, Cole and Tazz work very well as a team, which the Raw team does not.  Cole has improved big-time with his actual wrestling knowledge, and Tazz is always good for a few funny one liners.  I think anybody's better than the TNA announce team.  Mike Tenay and Don West suck.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #5393 on: April 25, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »

I'm a Tenay fan. He knows his stuff although his fanboy smiles for some of TNA's stuff gets old.

Speaking of fanboy however, I'm surprised the TNA announce table can withstand Don West's obvious boner over Sting.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5394 on: April 25, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

I'm suprised that your pants can withstand your obvious boner over Mickie James.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #5395 on: April 25, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »

She's a legend.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5396 on: April 25, 2006, 04:12:40 PM »

She's pretty fit but did you see Maria's arse last night on Raw?!?!   drool

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #5397 on: April 25, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

Hoho! What a gal.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5398 on: April 25, 2006, 04:18:32 PM »

Meh. She'd get it, sure, but she's no legend.

Oh, and on your bike son if you think I'm cheering up!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #5399 on: April 25, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »

Och c'mon Jimmy.  Wink

On topic - Kendrick and London's tag team name is going to be "The Hooligans" possibly.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: