Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:23:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830842 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5340 on: April 19, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »

The Chavo, God, Vince stuff all sucked last night........'nuff said.

Eddie could fart a better promo than Chavo.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5341 on: April 19, 2006, 03:22:29 PM »

I agree with you guys regarding Edge. ?He's been very good in his increased role as one of the top Raw heels. ?Also, I think Lita has been very effective in her role. ?I personally don't think a DX reunion would be that cool. ?It was cool almost 10 years ago, but now the thought of HBK and Triple H playing those characters seems somewhat lame. ?Back then they were younger dudes who could pull off the whole immature, sexual innuendo driven, anti-establishment personality. ?Now they're both older dudes. ?I think it would come off as pretty uncool if they tried to go back to that now. ?I don't think they can pull it off anymore. ?DX was a young man's gimmick. ?I don't have a problem with Triple H and HBK forming some kind of stable, but a DX reunion wouldn't work in my opinion.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #5342 on: April 19, 2006, 03:40:10 PM »

I agree with you guys regarding Edge. ?He's been very good in his increased role as one of the top Raw heels. ?Also, I think Lita has been very effective in her role. ?I personally don't think a DX reunion would be that cool. ?It was cool almost 10 years ago, but now the thought of HBK and Triple H playing those characters seems somewhat lame. ?Back then they were younger dudes who could pull off the whole immature, sexual innuendo driven, anti-establishment personality. ?Now they're both older dudes. ?I think it would come off as pretty uncool if they tried to go back to that now. ?I don't think they can pull it off anymore. ?DX was a young man's gimmick. ?I don't have a problem with Triple H and HBK forming some kind of stable, but a DX reunion wouldn't work in my opinion.

WWE can always do something similar with some up-and-coming wrestlers.  The WWE needs a good stable.  The Spirit Squad isn't cutting it for me.

Evolution
« Reply #5343 on: April 19, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »

They should delve into pop culture a little more. C.M Punk leading a goth/emo stable anyone?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5344 on: April 19, 2006, 04:28:23 PM »

WWE can always do something similar with some up-and-coming wrestlers.? The WWE needs a good stable.? The Spirit Squad isn't cutting it for me.
I like the Spirit Squad but those guys could of been used in a much better way.  Like 'em or hate 'em their talent is obvious the guys are damn good, and even if you think the gimmick is lame they work their asses off and make the most of it.  Now imagine if those 5 had been brought in as cool cocky Randy Orton type's proclaiming to be the future of the business.  Hell they could of been brought in as new Evolution members.

They should delve into pop culture a little more. C.M Punk leading a goth/emo stable anyone?
Yeah and they could have a Rapper to that would be so....wait a second Undecided

....They've always been out of touch anyway.  I've just been watching Summerslam 1990 and you have Roddy Piper on commentary calling The Rockers a young Mick Jagger & David Bowie hihi

Interesting news for those who don't watch Heat, it looks like Murdoch & Cade are reforming to feud with SnitskyDust.  Last week Murdoch cheated to beat Snitsky and Cade beat Goldust (And Vis the week before the dude is on a roll Cheesy) when Murdoch distracted Goldy.  They then looked at each other and seemed to imply they were 'On the same page'.  So i expect a reunion and the 2 teams to face off in a few weeks.  Speaking of SnitskyDust they had a hilarious segment with Ted Dibiase on WWE Unlimited on Monday....Dibiase needs bringing back as a manager full time!

Evolution
« Reply #5345 on: April 20, 2006, 05:50:17 AM »

That would look damn good on the ol' Backlash card!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5346 on: April 20, 2006, 01:22:28 PM »

That would look damn good on the ol' Backlash card!
To get a bit of a tag team vibe going again, and working with what they have for now (they need new teams...), they could have a Fatal 4 Way Elimination Match for the titles.....

Spirit Squad vs SnitskyDust vs Cade & Murdoch vs La Resistance (Put Dupree & Conway together they are going nowhere on their own...)
Evolution
« Reply #5347 on: April 21, 2006, 10:24:43 AM »

Conway/Dupree actually put over The Highlanders in a pre-Raw dark match a few weeks back so you never know...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5348 on: April 21, 2006, 10:57:15 AM »

Conway/Dupree actually put over The Highlanders in a pre-Raw dark match a few weeks back so you never know...
That's where i got my idea from Cheesy i mean like i would actually be thinking about the shite that was La Resistance Tongue, i needed some kind of prompt/reminder....

SnitskyDust beat Cade & Murdoch last night in Birmingham, England.....it's started Grin

I have an idea for another team.....Parisi & Palumbo....switch 'em over to Smackdown and team them up with Vito & Nunzio, FBI can become a force again (well for the first time actually...).

Speaking of switching shows....is there gonna be no draft this time?

And how about a genuine surprise or 2 by WWE, like the Edge was earlier this year...

....i am sick of the Royal Rumble Winner being built up so obviously before the event, for once i would like someone to win who's barely been mentioned, i mean for Royal Rumble 2007 have Mysterio, HHH, Batista & Co. get all the major air time, mouth off about winning it etc.

....Then let someone else, unexpected win like......Mr. Kennedy...

.....Kennedy smoking
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 11:00:58 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #5349 on: April 21, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »

There's gotta be a draft. It's one of the year's highlights.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #5350 on: April 23, 2006, 05:06:04 AM »

They need to end the seperate RAW and Smackdown shows. It's way too lame. Maybe even just get rid of Smackdown. Taker, Benoit and Angle need to be on Raw.

As for DX, I've always considered Degeneration X to be Michaels and HHH. I hated the new age outlaws. But I think if they reformed it would work. I don'tthink of DX being only for young guys. I think Shawn and Hunter have enough charisma and excellent mich skills that they could make it work by just being themselves. And like I said before, everytime they have done the crotch chop lately it gets a BIG pop.

I could see Michaels ditching his religion. From what I understand his wife (Whisper) is really what pushed him into it. You just can't change an asshole into a nice guy. It never lasts. The fact that he's even doing the crotch chops tells me its only a matter of time.

Has anyone heard anything about The Rock wanting to have a match with Sting but supposedly Vince wouldn't let it happen?

And I miss Y2J.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Evolution
« Reply #5351 on: April 23, 2006, 09:04:21 AM »

Rumours say that Triple H is more open to turning face for a while, so DX could possibly happen down the line as a one night only thing.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5352 on: April 23, 2006, 09:06:21 AM »

And I miss Y2J.

Me too! 'The Ayatola Of Rock and Rolla'.
Legend.

Hope he makes a return soon!
Evolution
« Reply #5353 on: April 23, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »

He said in a Powerslam interview he wants a year more off at the smallest  Sad
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5354 on: April 23, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

He said in a Powerslam interview he wants a year more off at the smallest? Sad

Fair enough, the pop when he retuns will be massive and i have much respect for the guy to fulfill his other dreams.

I just hope its a heel, main event Jericho that we see when he comes back!
Evolution
« Reply #5355 on: April 23, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »

Hmm, knowing how popular he is he'll most likely be face, but I think the main event beckons.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5356 on: April 23, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »

Hmm, knowing how popular he is he'll most likely be face, but I think the main event beckons.
No Chance!  Last time whether it was his fault or not he blew it and just ask Booker T about how many main event chances they give people who deserve it.  I'd love to see him main eventing but i think he would need to have success outside of the industry so they can push him based off some new found fame......

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has made the decision to bring back ECW FULL-TIME.

The plan is to have the promotion return on a full-time basis in September. WWE officials have begun talking to former talent about returning to work for the promotion.

There has been no decision on how the company will be brought back just yet. It's possible that it will take over the present OVW territory, that it will be a promotion that gets matches on the Raw and/or SmackDown promotions or possibly in some other manner.

Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer will be booking ECW when it starts up.

WWE is offering talent three year deals which consist of a series of one year contracts with rollover clauses. The Sandman, Francine and Balls Mahoney are all being sent contracts this week.

WWE is not looking to add a third day to their television schedule. It is believed this will be a mix of both former ECW wrestlers and new WWE developmental wrestlers who have been working house shows under Paul Heyman.

Speaking of Heyman, he will be in charge of the ECW brand. The plan is to run house shows and some form of weekly television as well.

Dave Meltzer reports that it would likely be handled similar to the Superstars deal in the late 90s, with weekly matches taped before either the Raw or SmackDown tapings.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5357 on: April 23, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »

Fuck you! Jericho for champion when he returns.

smoking
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5358 on: April 23, 2006, 07:30:17 PM »

smoking
I'd love that to, but it won't happen..... no
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #5359 on: April 23, 2006, 07:40:33 PM »

smoking
I'd love that to, but it won't happen..... no

Well get on the bleeding phone to Vinnie Mac then!

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: