Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831203 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5320 on: April 14, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »

Sorry for the hold up guys . Sad

U are cool Mallrat, I wasnt singling you out, Everyone as a collective group have took their time

If we wait too much longer we are gonna just need to redraft because everyone had certain things in mind and if Rey loses the belt at Backlash I definitely wouldnt have selected him with our first pick.

we have all waiting so long, the spirit squad are tag champs and certain posters and teams now get to benefit cause they are getting a humongously successful pick with their 9th selection.

whereas most of us were relegated to choosing Velocity guys with our 9th pick. the guys who happened to be lucky and have the pick are now getting world tag team champion talent at picks 9.

I think we should redraft to be honest.

actually I think we should start the tag game with 9 on each side.
and Game III we just keep on drafting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #5321 on: April 14, 2006, 08:58:41 PM »

I am tired of WWE announcers trying to say shit like "HHH has always been loved in Chicago" to cover up for the fact that no one likes cena or thinks he should be the one with the title leading wwe. ?

WWE needs:

To put someone else up to the top of the talent ladder. Edge and Cena are getting old. ?Triple H looks good at the top and they need someone who can truelly command the crowd working the top with him. Edge without the whore dragdown bag or RVD.

They need to eliminate the spirit squad from being tag champs. ?I remember back when the 3 members of demolition were champions and thought it was interesting, but to me this just seems like an insult to the title. ?Its about as "cool" as when David Arquette was WCW champion.

Rey Mesterio as champ. ?I hope they don't plan out a long run as him being champ. I know he is well liked and has the crowd over. ?But he is a cruiser weight size and they have a division for him like that. ?Its going to be hard to buy and believe him when he keeps on winning. ?His small size and all I don't see him as a great leader for smackdown. ?US champ level at best.

WWE is doing good now:

JBL as US champ. ?JBL has a decent gimmick and great mic skills, just if his in the ring skills could be better. ?Never liked him as a World champion, but I love him at the US level and hope he and wwe puts a huge spin on the all american cowboy being the US Champion.

Kane and Big Show split. ?I think they accomplished all they could do as a team and had nothing left to proover and feel they are going to be pushing Kane hard to help promote his movie.

Shelton Benjamin... becoming a man.... again... I think if they keep on slipping away from him beings a momma's boy angle and make him stand on his own as a heel. ?I thought the whole momma's angle just made the great IC title seem like it was worth nothing. ?Now with him being on his own and looking to fued with RVD I think people will take him more serious.

-MoReCoWBeLL

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5322 on: April 15, 2006, 06:04:39 AM »

U are cool Mallrat, I wasnt singling you out, Everyone as a collective group have took their time
To be honest i think the MAIN problem was the board going down.....blame Jarmo hihi

If we wait too much longer we are gonna just need to redraft because everyone had certain things in mind and if Rey loses the belt at Backlash I definitely wouldnt have selected him with our first pick.

we have all waiting so long, the spirit squad are tag champs and certain posters and teams now get to benefit cause they are getting a humongously successful pick with their 9th selection.

whereas most of us were relegated to choosing Velocity guys with our 9th pick. the guys who happened to be lucky and have the pick are now getting world tag team champion talent at picks 9.

I think we should redraft to be honest.
I think we should to, but only if, it's done over a 1-2 day period, i mean we should really try and push for everyone to arrange to 'meet up' online, i mean how hard is it, really, for 11 people to do that, we should push to doing that and getting up a 'sorted' system that works and that we can therefore use in the future so each game we can draft in 1-2 days.....

.....and to be honest i think trying to run 2 games at once is too much, i think they should be done seperately, but that's just me....

actually I think we should start the tag game with 9 on each side.
Gotta disagree.  The whole point of the tag game is 'doubling up', 2 rather than 1, teams being 12 rather than 6, we should not be looking at smaller teams, we should be looking at how to speed people up Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5323 on: April 15, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »

Im all for a redraft.

AxlRose is fucked, with Randy Orton down he has no shot.

Every team needs to get together now we are down to the lesser guys and do it how Malcolm and I are doing it.

Since there really arent any game breakers left, malcolm and I are now taking turns. For instance he chose the last one and next will be my turn and I take whoever I want.

We conferred on every pick but now its down to the scrap pile, there is no point in taking 4 days to choose a Velocity guy.

Each member take turns from here on out, u dont have to communicate with whats left on the board. just take one.

I mean if u are depending on the 10th pick to win the game, u probably are finishing out of the top 3 anyway.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5324 on: April 15, 2006, 04:57:50 PM »

The redraft sound like a good idea.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5325 on: April 16, 2006, 05:06:49 AM »

I am tired of WWE announcers trying to say shit like "HHH has always been loved in Chicago" to cover up for the fact that no one likes cena or thinks he should be the one with the title leading wwe. ?

WWE needs:

To put someone else up to the top of the talent ladder. Edge and Cena are getting old. ?Triple H looks good at the top and they need someone who can truelly command the crowd working the top with him. Edge without the whore dragdown bag or RVD.

They need to eliminate the spirit squad from being tag champs. ?I remember back when the 3 members of demolition were champions and thought it was interesting, but to me this just seems like an insult to the title. ?Its about as "cool" as when David Arquette was WCW champion.

Rey Mesterio as champ. ?I hope they don't plan out a long run as him being champ. I know he is well liked and has the crowd over. ?But he is a cruiser weight size and they have a division for him like that. ?Its going to be hard to buy and believe him when he keeps on winning. ?His small size and all I don't see him as a great leader for smackdown. ?US champ level at best.

WWE is doing good now:

JBL as US champ. ?JBL has a decent gimmick and great mic skills, just if his in the ring skills could be better. ?Never liked him as a World champion, but I love him at the US level and hope he and wwe puts a huge spin on the all american cowboy being the US Champion.

Kane and Big Show split. ?I think they accomplished all they could do as a team and had nothing left to proover and feel they are going to be pushing Kane hard to help promote his movie.

Shelton Benjamin... becoming a man.... again... I think if they keep on slipping away from him beings a momma's boy angle and make him stand on his own as a heel. ?I thought the whole momma's angle just made the great IC title seem like it was worth nothing. ?Now with him being on his own and looking to fued with RVD I think people will take him more serious.

-MoReCoWBeLL

I could pick that a part from start to finish but I will just focus on one line and leave it at that....

'Edge is getting old'   -   I mean, seriously, dude.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5326 on: April 16, 2006, 11:47:27 AM »

I think he means his charcter with Lita

That's a hatrick for Doull
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5327 on: April 16, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

You mean the best thing on WWE television in like 5 years? Yes, very old.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 03:31:35 PM by Mr. No Money In The Bank » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5328 on: April 16, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »

You mean the best thing on WWE television in like 5 years? Yes, very old.

I agree with you

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5329 on: April 16, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »

Nevermind on the redraft

Fuck if we cant finish the first one what would be the point in starting over?

I just think u should have 2 days to choose, if not u are dropped from the game.

there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to draft in a weeks time.

if people dont care enough about the game to get online for 5 minutes a day and draft, then they shouldnt play. i dont care how busy u are, getting on for 2 minutes a day to pick a wrestler isnt that tough.

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5330 on: April 16, 2006, 06:43:03 PM »

Nevermind on the redraft

Fuck if we cant finish the first one what would be the point in starting over?

I just think u should have 2 days to choose, if not u are dropped from the game.

there is no reason why we shouldnt be able to draft in a weeks time.

if people dont care enough about the game to get online for 5 minutes a day and draft, then they shouldnt play. i dont care how busy u are, getting on for 2 minutes a day to pick a wrestler isnt that tough.

I agree with you to an extent but I know weekends are hard for me to get, as I work all day Saturday and sometimes Sundays aswell

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #5331 on: April 16, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

Lita was a whore who wore out her welcome back when she was with Hardy, and she became more of a pointless bitch when she was suppose to be Kane's wife.  The edge angle with Edge always hiding behind her and having her distract his opponents is old and makes Edge look like a mid carder at best.  He is no top of the line heel with that shitty gimmick

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5332 on: April 17, 2006, 06:11:21 AM »

The Boogeyman had surgery to repair his torn biceps on Tuesday, April 4th. The Boogeyman torn his biceps during a house show match with Booker T the week before Wrestlemania. The Boogeyman will be out of action until at least September or October. The Boogeyman's injury is the reason for the restraining order angle on Smackdown. The Boogeyman will turn 42 years old on Halloween, which happens to be the same day as his birthday.

Thea Vidale Shelton's momma has been off television for several weeks due to abdominal and intestine surgery. Her GI tract problems were complicated and required several surgeries. Vidale was under a short-term contract, and at this point it's unlikely that she'll be coming back to WWE. Last week on Raw, Shelton Benjamin showed off a new flamboyant character with a new wardrobe. Also, there were no mentions of Shelton being a "Momma's Boy", nor were there any mentions of Shelton's momma.

Doesn't sound to go at all for the Boogeyman, just as he was starting to get a nice feud going with Booker...

Smackdown's "humor" just went out the window.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5333 on: April 17, 2006, 02:13:20 PM »

The Boogeyman had surgery to repair his torn biceps on Tuesday, April 4th. The Boogeyman torn his biceps during a house show match with Booker T the week before Wrestlemania. The Boogeyman will be out of action until at least September or October. The Boogeyman's injury is the reason for the restraining order angle on Smackdown. The Boogeyman will turn 42 years old on Halloween, which happens to be the same day as his birthday.

Thea Vidale Shelton's momma has been off television for several weeks due to abdominal and intestine surgery. Her GI tract problems were complicated and required several surgeries. Vidale was under a short-term contract, and at this point it's unlikely that she'll be coming back to WWE. Last week on Raw, Shelton Benjamin showed off a new flamboyant character with a new wardrobe. Also, there were no mentions of Shelton being a "Momma's Boy", nor were there any mentions of Shelton's momma.

Doesn't sound to go at all for the Boogeyman, just as he was starting to get a nice feud going with Booker...

Smackdown's "humor" just went out the window.. hihi

Booker provides a hell of a lot more humour than the boogeyman, now that is one thing that has got old quickly...the boogeyman! It's probably the best thing because when he returns it'll be fresh again.

As for the Edge thing, again, I must disagree with you More Cowbell, Edge has been 'a mid carder at best for nearly ten years' he has now broken out as a real main event player, he has no major weakness in his armor and aslong as triple h doesn't get up to his old tricks he will continue to be one of the best things about wwe for a long time to come. As for Lita, I'm not for her but I'm not against her, I think it's the most effective role she has played in a long time and she helps Edge get over more as a heel. Her performance in the Hardcore match at WrestleMania was 2nd to none.

Evolution
« Reply #5334 on: April 18, 2006, 12:19:34 AM »

Personally regarding Edge: His main event rise is one of the better things to happen in WWE in many a long time.

His heel promos are always strong, he can wrestle and so far HHH has presented him to be almost his equal. Tonight's booking showed that.

Plus the handy thing is his name value. It may not mean much to non-fans, but to people who used to watch Attitude years WWF, 98-2000, it means something. You can imagine the one guy who stuck around watching WWE mentioning to his mates, "Hey guys, remember Edge? Well he wan the WWE Title last night" and hence the ratings rise in January 2006.

Raw was alright tonight I thought. Much better than last week's but I thought RVD came off looking pretty shit and Umaga kinda stuck out the ring.

Plus the God stuff is getting pretty stupid.

Loved the Mickie segment though as usual. Jack got line of the night  hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #5335 on: April 18, 2006, 04:28:36 AM »

Is DX reforming? Everytime HHH and Shawn Michaels do the X chop it gets a big pop.

Michael's needs to lose the religion. They could do so much with that guy and he seems to have no problem with coming across as lame. I got really excited when he did his heel turn against Hogan. He was great on the mich, great in the ring and his promo in Canada was priceless. Even the night after SS when he made the masterpiece look like a complete tool and dogged Hogan he was on... What a shame.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #5336 on: April 18, 2006, 10:34:05 AM »

Raw was alright tonight I thought. Much better than last week's but I thought RVD came off looking pretty shit and Umaga kinda stuck out the ring.

I didnt understand RVD match. They kept saying it was a 5 on 1 handicapp tag but there was no official start and they kept saying it was legal for them all to be in at the same time.  That matched just made RVD look like a jobbering tool, not a man on the rise with money in the bank. And what's with his custom paint job on his briefcase.  They keep making the money in the banks out to almost be a title on its own.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5337 on: April 18, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »

I didnt understand RVD match. They kept saying it was a 5 on 1 handicapp tag but there was no official start and they kept saying it was legal for them all to be in at the same time.? That matched just made RVD look like a jobbering tool, not a man on the rise with money in the bank. And what's with his custom paint job on his briefcase.? They keep making the money in the banks out to almost be a title on its own.

Money in the bank is a built in gimmick, the paint job is a way of personalising the gimmick and make it seem different to Edge's case.

I urge everyone to get to wwe.com and watch the backlash press conference. It may be the most entertaining wwe thing ive ever seen. HHH shows a side of his personality I didn't know existed, I have a new found respect for him.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5338 on: April 18, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »

Is DX reforming? Everytime HHH and Shawn Michaels do the X chop it gets a big pop.

Michael's needs to lose the religion. They could do so much with that guy and he seems to have no problem with coming across as lame. I got really excited when he did his heel turn against Hogan. He was great on the mich, great in the ring and his promo in Canada was priceless. Even the night after SS when he made the masterpiece look like a complete tool and dogged Hogan he was on... What a shame.
HBK as a heel is fantastic and i marked out for his turn last year i loved it, him dressing up as Hogan, and the fun he had in Canada, and the 'Back to Reality' comments the night after Summerslam, he was ON!

There seems to be a lot of speculation about the group reforming, i can't see it though.  Firstly if it does, it will only be with the 2 of them i guess, although there are a 'few' other possibilities and some definate no chance in hell candidates.

New Age Outlaws - They are both in TNA, under contract, and have slagged off HHH a LOT recently, no chance.

Rick Rude - Dead.

Chyna - Burned her bridges with WWE forever i'd say when things went wrong between her and HHH with their dating history and the fact that Steph stole HHH from her.... hihi.....nah

X-Pac - He's unreliable.  TNA (I think...) have given up on him now.  So essentially he is a free agent i believe, last i heard he wrestled at the MTV Pilot for their new wrestling show.  Now an interesting fact was in the past year (I think...) Vince & HHH payed for him to go into rehab, they helped him out and word was when he was sorted he would have a place with the company, but being so unreliable would they plan a massive angle around him?

Tori - Girlfriend of X-Pac in D-X, Retired/Vanished since release, possible maybe, too insignificant, i think so.

HHH - He's with WWE but does it suit his character, D-X was about breaking the rules, having a laugh, being immature, playing pranks, joking about, crotch chopping, sexual inuendo etc. His character seems to have evolved WAY WAY beyond, he's an evil, older, cerebal assassin right?

HBK - When they had that 1 night reunion in 2002 (When HHH turned on Shawn...)  Word was with his 'Beliefs' HBK felt VERY uncomfortable doing all the Crotch Chopping and did not want to do it again.  His character has remained face because of his beliefs and he's generally avoided the sexual and dodgy stuff, it seems he's happy for certain things to happen in the company as long as he's not involved in them.  He mentioned when he returned it was so his son could see him wrestle and in wanting to set a good example for his family he's always been pretty mucha nice guy.  Now for him to go back to his D-X ways would be odd if you ask me, it would kind of make him look hypocritical, but you never know, i've been surprised by the couple of crotch chops, anything is possible i guess.

So will there be a reunion, i don't think so, if they did it probably would not be that successful in the long term, still i'd mark out for it Wink

I didnt understand RVD match. They kept saying it was a 5 on 1 handicapp tag but there was no official start and they kept saying it was legal for them all to be in at the same time.  That matched just made RVD look like a jobbering tool, not a man on the rise with money in the bank. And what's with his custom paint job on his briefcase.  They keep making the money in the banks out to almost be a title on its own.

Money in the bank is a built in gimmick, the paint job is a way of personalising the gimmick and make it seem different to Edge's case.
I liked the personalisation my self i also like the fact that they were 'forced' to put their stuff on the line...MITB & IC Title.

I mean how many times do people stupidly put something on the line when they have nothing to gain e.g. Rey Mysterio putting his Wrestlemania Title Shot on the line.

It was also damn good to see Charlie Haas return (I don't know why nobody has mentioned it...).  He's a great wrestler and i look forward to seeing him feud with Benjamin, they easily had match of the night although that's not saying much.

The Chavo, God, Vince stuff all sucked last night........'nuff said.

Mickie James & Trish Stratus feud has been a real rollercoaster ride.  It was initially really interesting and i loved it, but then it got stale.  Trish seemed so dumb failing to see that James was a psycho, but their 5 star Women's Match at 'Mania....yes by Women's standards it was that kind of caliber.....they turned things around.  Now with this role reversal thing the segments are hilarious and i find this feud essential viewing, and in a way things have switched round now since Trish is stealing the show at the moment....

Rob Van Dam should not be jobbed out so easily.....5 on 1 he did not last long, normally that would be ok, but anyone with any kind of memory should remember how HBK has beaten up the entire squad quite easily in the past, i mean 4 on 1 they needed the other Spirit Squad member and Shane Mcmahon to help them win a cage match against HBK, anyway enough about that.......

.....The Main Event did a good job of pushing Edge, but did it really have to be so short?

Umaga, the master of the big splash and headbutt, oh and the thumb of doom, please sack him already.  His manager is great, i would love to see him manage a decent wrestler, maybe a returning D'Lo Brown would be cool, i think those 2 would make a good match, the cool cockiness and all....

....Has Kane turned into his character into his upcoming movie, i mean how is the movie making him psycho, where the hell are they going with this crap?

Who did Rob Conway piss off? Cheesy

Carlito as a face Undecided  It's not working for me yet, oh well, give it time
makane
Legend

« Reply #5339 on: April 19, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »

WWE's flushing it self down the toilet fast. Whats up with SmackDown? It doesn't have anything against RAW. They should unite the brands.
Fuck you Cena, let's go Boogeyman?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: