Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:35:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832149 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5220 on: March 24, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »

I job to no one.  For I am The Game, The King of Kings, the one true wrestling lord.  And at the WWE Game III, I will claim my rightful thrown.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #5221 on: March 24, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »

So, who thinks Bret will be involved in HBK v Vince next Sunday...?

(Also, I hope we will be allowed a separate Wreslemania thread next week...?)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5222 on: March 24, 2006, 08:27:23 PM »

(Also, I hope we will be allowed a separate Wreslemania thread next week...?)

Go for it. There are seperate World Cup and Champions League thread's.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5223 on: March 24, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

Might as well keep it here, it's where it's always discussed.

There's no chance of Bret Hart being involved in HBK vs. Vince they just want you to think that so they can increase buyrates........

Smackdown was great again this week, all decent matches and segments aside from the obvious dud.....Henry vs. Angle, although the ending was good and helped further the feud.

And welcome back Rob.....it's been awhile
Evolution
« Reply #5224 on: March 25, 2006, 07:52:34 AM »

Hey Rob.

I was really into Mysterio/Finlay last night. Great match. Orton came off pretty well last night.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #5225 on: March 25, 2006, 03:48:52 PM »

Good to be back.  I agree, no way Hart gets involved with this storyline.  If he does he loses pretty much all credibility in the eyes of his fans.  Of course if the money is right, I guess anything is possible.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #5226 on: March 25, 2006, 04:09:57 PM »

Hmm, I don't think Bret can be swayed in the slightest by cash in this stage of his life.

I can't wait for the crowd's reaction to him on Wrestlemania itself.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5227 on: March 25, 2006, 04:15:24 PM »

Hmm, I don't think Bret can be swayed in the slightest by cash in this stage of his life.
I would mark out if he returned in the match, true.

But after that had died down all in the industry and his fans would lose respect.

It's simple, as he has said himself.  What happened in Montreal was real and it really hurt him more than most could of imagined, hell it wrecked his marriage.

As he said coming back in some kind of angle would make it seem ok, like it was just some storyline, which it wasn't, all i want is for him to come to the ring and be strong enough to make a farewell speech, from what he's said that is unlikely to, but i know if had had the strength he would, here's to hoping, that's what we should all wish for.....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5228 on: March 25, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

I can't wait for the crowd's reaction to him on Wrestlemania itself.

But he'll only be at the HOF induction thing, not Wrestlemania itself.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #5229 on: March 25, 2006, 04:17:48 PM »

Isn't the whole "Welcome the HOF Class of 200x" to the ramp thing annual?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5230 on: March 25, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure...

The Hall of fame induction thing is elsewhere, though, right? Different tickets and all.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5231 on: March 25, 2006, 04:24:10 PM »

Oh, I'm not sure...

The Hall of fame induction thing is elsewhere, though, right? Different tickets and all.
Yep that's the night before but each year at 'Mania they still bring 'em out underneath the Titantron area/top of the ramp and introduce them before the live 'Mania crowd......
Evolution
« Reply #5232 on: March 25, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »

Bret's will be something special  Smiley

As will Eddie's.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5233 on: March 25, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

As i said before, if were to be live on the show he would have to make an appearance in some shape or form before the inductees are announced to kill some of his heat, much like they did with Hogan last year.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5234 on: March 25, 2006, 04:36:26 PM »

As i said before, if were to be live on the show he would have to make an appearance in some shape or form before the inductees are announced to kill some of his heat, much like they did with Hogan last year.
He needs to make like 3 appearances considering how popular and missed he is hihi

As popular as Hogan is (Most popular ever...) he's seen so regularly the pop would pale in comparison to Bret's
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5235 on: March 25, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »

The hairs are standing on my arms already! I just hope and pray that he does come out, it will be one of those moments that make following this business worth while (and we all know that it isnt easy!). Just to hear that awesome first bit of his music and then the crowd, well we use the term 'the roof's gonna blow off' a lot these days but i hope the Allstate Arena has a pretty solid ceiling structure.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #5236 on: March 25, 2006, 05:03:47 PM »

ok Shall be great.

I think Wrestlemania has the tools to be one of the better events in recent years, if it though is a different matter.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5237 on: March 25, 2006, 05:11:11 PM »

I think so too, i'm not super-over exited like i have been for the past 4/5 years and i think that will help. It has a rock-solid top to bottom card, no there is no dream match and no there is no real 'wrestling' match but because of this they have stacked the card with alot of different matches that will entertain in different ways. But at the end of the day it all comes down to booking, we know the wrestlers are gonna pull out the stops coz it's their superbowl but if the booking is solid, spectacular even then we are in for a treat. No one is excited about Taker/Henry but they aren't stupid, they mustve booked the match for a reason, it could be a massive squash or it could see the return of Batista who knows. MITB2 will either blow or be brilliant, it all depends on how all those unique styles mesh in that environment. The two 'hardcore' matches in my eyes cannot possibly dissapoint and the title matches will (unlike last year) be quite solid methinks.

Evolution
« Reply #5238 on: March 25, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »

Yeah, I mean the breakdown is diverse:

5 Title Matches
4 Gimmick Matches
Handicap Match
Pillow Fight.

I love it when you think "Oh yeah, WM is on next Sunday, and you stop to think about the matches.....take a wee while........then oh yeah Triple Threat......oooh Foley/Edge........Hey Hey MITB!"

I too have a low expectation which will help  ok
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5239 on: March 25, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »

I love it when you think "Oh yeah, WM is on next Sunday, and you stop to think about the matches.....take a wee while........then oh yeah Triple Threat......oooh Foley/Edge........Hey Hey MITB!"

lol, that is spot on, other peoples negativity controls your own thoughts, bring it on i say!

Oh and for the record, reports are stating that WWE's current fad of making it seem like 2004 again is continuing with the reaquisation of....

.....wait for it.....

....Kenzo Suzuki. Whatever thoughts have just passed through your head are a) definately negative and b)not as negative as mine.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: