Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832989 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5140 on: March 20, 2006, 06:10:16 PM »

WWE.com has announced that Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin will defend the title against Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair in a Triple Threat match tonight on Raw

If RVD wins watch out for D's MASSIVE celebration party... hihi

Should be a good matchy, surely Shelton will retain?

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5141 on: March 20, 2006, 06:11:37 PM »

WWE.com has announced that Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin will defend the title against Rob Van Dam and Ric Flair in a Triple Threat match tonight on Raw

If RVD wins watch out for D's MASSIVE celebration party... hihi

Should be a good matchy, surely Shelton will retain?
In theory yes, but why not surprise fans for once....

....I mean all are in MITB II so whoever has the belt it doesn't matter.

Switching to RVD is cool.

To Flair puke no
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5142 on: March 20, 2006, 06:38:18 PM »

Naahh, Van Damn is a shoe in for MITB, giving him the title would be pointless if he's going to go forward with MITB.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #5143 on: March 20, 2006, 06:45:54 PM »

Mon the RVD. A week reign wouldn't hurt.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5144 on: March 20, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »

Naahh, Van Damn is a shoe in for MITB, giving him the title would be pointless if he's going to go forward with MITB.
Not really since you never know when he'll cash it in a reign would be good all the same.....

.....plus Lashley winning it would be a good way to push his career if he waited 'til the end of the year to cash it in when he's gained more experience and if hopefully he's had some good solid feuds like the awesome one he is currently in.

Ric Flair is too old.

Matt Hardy is a career midcarder.

Shelton Benjamin has mike skills.

Finlay is awesome but too old.

Rob Van Dam is a good bet, but still lacking in many areas but has the overwhelming fan support.

Then we have the final place, to be taken by the Battle Royal winner on Smackdown which will be Lashley or Carlito.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5145 on: March 20, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »

Carlito, you what?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5146 on: March 20, 2006, 07:28:36 PM »

Carlito, you what?
Think back to SNME when Booker T & Sharmell were running down the corridor scared.....

....What 2 people did you see calmly talking to each other who you would not expect to?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #5147 on: March 20, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

I don't know what you're chatting about, but Carlito is already booked for Wrestlemania isn't he?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5148 on: March 20, 2006, 07:51:09 PM »

I don't know what you're chatting about, but Carlito is already booked for Wrestlemania isn't he?
Yep.

Carlito & Teddy Long were talking in the corridor, on camera at SNME.

Heel & Face.....

Opposing Brands.........

Now that was either intended as part of a storyline or a WWE mistake.

Edit: I've read the in-progress spoilers and i was totally off with the Carlito thing....

....blame the site i read it on.

Smackdown is being recorded before RAW so taping is in progress, the match has occured and the slot has been filled.

To see who it is click this link:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=17021&p=1
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:55:22 PM by Stoned » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5149 on: March 20, 2006, 09:35:47 PM »

And we moan about Cena being champion for 9 months. Imagine being a pure wrestling fan with Hogan as your champ for 4 years? Undecided
Evo, That was pure horror. Its one of the reasons I preferred NWA/WCW (and sometimes even the AWA) over the WWF. Just because Hogan was mega popular was no reason to have him keep the title for that damn long. If he lost during that stretch, it wouldnt have hurt his career. Hell, it might have actually helped it. Watching Hogan matches was like chinese water torture. He entered the ring, did his stupid poses, got his ass kicked for like 10 minutes, he then morphed into the incredible hulk and became invincible, then came his infamous leg drop and the match was over.

This went on for years. It really put a negative on WWF events. To make a shitty situation even worse, he RARELY wrestled on tv. He only wrestled on PPVs and Saturday Night's Main Event. The few times I did see him wrestle on tv, he fought moondog spot, steve lombardi, and S.D,. jones. You know, the guys with 20 year careers that never won a match. hihi

I believe the WWF used the invincible Hogan strategy to build popularity with the younger generation, and it worked(obviously). But in taking that risk, they actually lost alot of older fans in that process. My grandpa was a huge wrestling fan, and watched ever federation that had a tv show. By 1985 he stopped watching WWF.

Hell, when I ordered WWF PPVs or watched Saturday Night's Main Event, the Hogan match was always the one I wasnt excited about. I preferred the Intercontinental Title matches and tag team matches over fake champ Hogan's.

There was ALOT of great wrestling magazines in those days. Did you know that when Hogan became champ they all no longer recognized the WWF as a world title? He was just champion, not world champion. Why? Because he constantly broke the universal "title defense every thirty days" rule and only defended his belt a couple times in foreign countries. If millions of kids had not fell in love with Hogan, he would have killled the WWF. Mcmahon took a huge gamble with him, and by a miracle from God it paid off.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5150 on: March 21, 2006, 09:30:51 AM »

The few times I did see him wrestle on tv, he fought moondog spot, steve lombardi, and S.D,. jones. You know, the guys with 20 year careers that never won a match. hihi
Steve Lombardi beat HHH once Tongue hihi

Ahh S.D Jones - of the Special Delivery kind, his claim to fame is that he had the shortest Wrestlemania match ever.? He can boast to everyone that's he a 9 Second Man hihi

RAW last night was ok, nothing special but they built towards 'Mania well (I loved the Triple Threat for the IC Title that was great - also showed that clumsy streak Rob Van Dam has...), what annoyed me/suprised me is there is only one RAW left now before the event, it really feels like they've left stuff until the last minute this year........
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5151 on: March 21, 2006, 10:46:56 AM »

The few times I did see him wrestle on tv, he fought moondog spot, steve lombardi, and S.D,. jones. You know, the guys with 20 year careers that never won a match. hihi
Thats HILARIOUS!! rofl rofl When did that happen?

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5152 on: March 21, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »

The wwe just released Rosey.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #5153 on: March 21, 2006, 03:40:10 PM »

Thats HILARIOUS!! rofl rofl When did that happen?

For some reason Triple H took on Kaientai and Brooklyn Brawler in a handicap elimination match in July 2000. HHH pinned Taka and Funaki with ease but Chris Jericho, who was feuding with Triple H at the time, interfered and did a number on HHH, and Lombardi made the pin  hihi

As for Rosey, how odd. At a time WWE are rehiring big men, Rosey is one of the biggest. Plus Jamal's obvious return storyline is gone plus the tag division has lost a team before they even returned.

You folk see Mickie James last night? What a star. She plays the psycho bitch role to perfection  Smiley
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5154 on: March 21, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

You folk see Mickie James last night? What a star. She plays the psycho bitch role to perfection? Smiley

She's my favorite diva now

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #5155 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:13 PM »

Mickie for Champ!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5156 on: March 21, 2006, 04:57:50 PM »

Yeah but the thing is.....

The thing you have to remember.....

The thing about Rosey is.....

....Well he's just Shit!

Is it a bird?  Is it a plane?  No it's an unemployed fat man Cheesy

Andrew "Test" Martin is expected to be offered a new deal to return to World Wrestling Entertainment. There has been some talk of bringing back Kevin "Mordecai" Fertig of late as well.

Gregory Helms told the WWE website that he'll likely be out of action 6-8 weeks due to the broken nose he suffered wrestling Paul London in Australia, which required surgery.

Despite reports floating around, Joey Mercury of MNM was not injured at last night's WWE Supershow taping. He was simply doing an excellent job of selling when he left the ring (and the Arena) last night.

If he actually came back with this gimmick i KNOW me and Evolution would be marking out hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5157 on: March 21, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

brooklyn brawler rules peace

SD Special Delivery Jones smoking
Evolution
« Reply #5158 on: March 21, 2006, 05:40:33 PM »

If he actually came back with this gimmick i KNOW me and Evolution would be marking out hihi

You fucking have that RIGHT!!
chezza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5159 on: March 21, 2006, 06:47:02 PM »

Quote from: Stoned
Yeah but the thing is.....

The thing you have to remember.....

The thing about Rosey is.....

....Well he's just Shit!

Is it a bird?? Is it a plane?? No it's an unemployed fat man Cheesy

You're are a moron. Rosey and Jamal are a good tag team. DO you remember how over they were as 3 Minute Warning with Bish at the wheel? They were quality.

The WWE don't give a shit about nothing but the world title scene and that is disgraceful. Considering back in the day the IC Title was right up there with the World Title.

And one thing that WWE has completely ignored/purposely forgotten is that in WCW, the United States Champion was the official number one contender to the WCW Title. Interesting Tidbit there Wink

Oh and here's a pic of Helms' busted nose:

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: