Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834145 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5060 on: March 17, 2006, 11:30:28 AM »

Other classic quotes....

"He couldn't draw flies in a shit factory." - Ricky Morton on Kevin Nash

"Here I am in the CSWA" - Lex Luger upon debuting in the CSWF

"Thanks a lot, Bodydonnas" - Jim Ross after a Simon Dean segment on Raw

"I'm probably the best World Champion ever just based on wrestling technique alone!" - Kevin Nash at TNA "Press Conference"

You've got to love Luger Grin

Evolution
« Reply #5061 on: March 17, 2006, 11:35:03 AM »

"Door's locked too!"
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5062 on: March 17, 2006, 12:23:50 PM »

Mania soon!!

What is anyone doing for it? Hopefully I'll be at a party 4 it!

If not I'll get some guys round early next mornin to weatch it on Sky Box Office

That's a hatrick for Doull
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5063 on: March 17, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »

Damn, those are great. beer I didnt know Angle was that good. These guys must have some pretty good writers.

Ricky Morton of the Rock N Roll Express?? nervous nervous

When did he feud with Kevin Nash? Damn, I would have liked to of seen that! crying

Do any of you old school wrestling fans remember when Dusty Rhodes had to feed lines to Baby Doll on live tv? It was pretty sad. I guess they didnt use teleprompters. hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5064 on: March 17, 2006, 12:34:28 PM »

Damn, those are great. beer I didnt know Angle was that good. These guys must have some pretty good writers.
rofl They used to, the writing team is lacking these days....

.....Angle is friggin' awesome though dude!? In the ring and on the mike

Ricky Morton of the Rock N Roll Express?? nervous nervous

When did he feud with Kevin Nash? Damn, I would have liked to of seen that! crying
Yep.? The Ricky Morton.

As far as i know they never did feud, a comment like that is more a personal one basically he's shooting on him.

Nash is actually the lowest drawing WWF/E Champion of all time. Wink

Mania soon!!

What is anyone doing for it? Hopefully I'll be at a party 4 it!

If not I'll get some guys round early next mornin to weatch it on Sky Box Office
Same thing i do every year, get some beers and watch it with my sister, non of my mates are die-hard enough fans to actually watch it live....

....cunts!

They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression, but Shannon Moore is now an exception to that rule. Released from WWE last July, the Cameron, North Carolina native re-signed with the company this week. WWE.com caught up with the former WCW Hardcore Champion to get his thoughts on returning to WWE and more.

WWE.com: What was your reaction when you found out WWE was interested in re-signing you?
Moore: I felt real good. I felt like I had another opportunity to show them what I can do. Being gone from WWE gave me a chance to really find myself, and to let my real character shine through. I feel like I?m fully ready to come back.

WWE.com: What was the process like when you were released last July? Were there any hard feelings, and was the door left open?
Moore: There were no hard feelings at all. They pretty much said it was a budget cut, because I wasn?t really involved in anything at the time. Right before I left last summer, I was just starting to really let myself shine through as ?The Prince of Punk,? but I never really got a chance to complete that transformation. I was able to do that while I was away, and now I can give the fans something to watch.

WWE.com: What have you been doing over the last nine months?
Moore: Well, I?ve been keeping busy on the independent circuit, and I went over to Japan for a while, which was great for me. I also did some work down south. Plus, I opened a small wrestling school, and I have four students that I?ve been training down here over the last few months.

WWE.com: What made you decide to come back? Was there any indecision or hesitation on your part?
Moore: Not really. I love wrestling, and I love being on the road. WWE?s schedule is heavy, and there?s a lot of overseas stuff going on right now. I like that heavy schedule, being on the road and touring the world. I?ve been keeping busy, but my schedule has been nowhere near what it?s like in WWE. It almost felt like too much time at home. I?d sit here and say man, I wish I was on the road wrestling. Like I said, I love wrestling and being in front of the crowd, so I?m excited to be back.

WWE.com: Do you have a preference as to whether you?d want to be part of RAW or SmackDown?
Moore: Either one would be great. I?ve never been on RAW, so I wouldn?t mind experiencing that. They say characters are welcome on the USA Network, and I?m definitely a character. As for SmackDown, there?s a lot of business I could take care of there too. Whichever brand I?m on, as long as I?m wrestling I?ll bust my ass and give the fans 110 percent, just with a lot more character involved this time.

WWE.com: What are your immediate goals now that you?re back?
Moore: Well, like I said a lot of that depends on whether I go to RAW or SmackDown. Matt Hardy is on SmackDown again, and I wouldn?t mind hooking up with him and seeing what we can do together. This time it won?t be as his Mattitude Follower, but I wouldn?t mind tagging up with him. SmackDown also has the cruiserweights, and another former partner of mine (Gregory Helms) is the champion. He?s running around with the attitude that he?s the best cruiserweight in the world, so I wouldn?t mind getting in the ring with him and testing that theory.

WWE.com: What can the fans expect to see from Shannon Moore now that you?re back?
Moore: They can expect to see a different side of Shannon Moore. You?re going to see the character that I really am, and it will be a lot more entertaining this time around.

Edit:

Rene Dupree and The Bashams were recently offered new deals from WWE. There is no word yet if they have signed them though. This should be refreshing news for these individuals because there were rumors that WWE were looking to cut several wrestlers this month. Also, it didn't help matters that WWE are currently looking to bring in a parade of big, imposing veteran wrestlers and well, Dupree & The Bashams have been kept off television for several months.

Dupree has been out the past several months due to an injured hernia. He's wrestled on a few OVW shows though. Doug Basham has wrestled sparingly on some Smackdown house shows the past few months, but has yet to be brought back to TV for some unknown reason. He's been off television since September. Danny Basham was traded to the Raw brand last June. Although, he didn't make an appearance on television until September. He wrestled a jobber on an episode of Sunday Night Heat in some sort of goth gimmick. That was his one and only TV appearance on the Raw brand and he hasn't been seen on television since. Danny has wrestled on a few Raw brand house shows since then, however, he's been kept off the road for the most part for some unknown reason

Are they just not wanting to lose any talent to TNA?

I mean they seem to want to keep everyone now.....

...and then some
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:40:55 PM by Stoned » Logged
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5065 on: March 17, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »

Thats fuckin stupid, why offer them new contracts if they're not gunna wreslte??

And why did they split up the Bashms, should have sent them both to Raw to boost the Tag division.

Does anyone have a picture of Jamal? He's signed hasn't he? Gunna be part of a new 3 minute warning which hopefull will boost the tag division?!?!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5066 on: March 17, 2006, 12:54:09 PM »

Thats fuckin stupid, why offer them new contracts if they're not gunna wreslte??
Well i assume they do intend to use them at some point since they've offered 'em new contracts

And why did they split up the Bashms, should have sent them both to Raw to boost the Tag division.
Yep.  Stupid really, although i think Doug Basham has potential (given a chance...) as a singles star

Does anyone have a picture of Jamal? He's signed hasn't he? Gunna be part of a new 3 minute warning which hopefull will boost the tag division?!?!
Yeah he's resigned.  So he should be part of 3 Minute Warning (Again....Howz it new?) since Rosey has vanished from tv but nothing is ever guaranteed.

Here's an old clip of them for you, Jamal taking out Jeff Hardy.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5067 on: March 17, 2006, 02:34:41 PM »

What was Angles New Years Revolution one where he finished on saying that he would want to put the ankle lock on Jesus?

That was killer. I usually don't find WWE that funny at all, but that was hillarious!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5068 on: March 17, 2006, 03:06:52 PM »

What was Angles New Years Revolution one where he finished on saying that he would want to put the ankle lock on Jesus?

That was killer. I usually don't find WWE that funny at all, but that was hillarious!
I vividly remember that....could n't find an actual quote this is the best i could get....

Kurt Angle is backstage with Todd Grisham. Grisham asks Angle what is going through his head. Angle said first of all, he thinks the greatest country in the world is France, and he isn't a very big fan of "the black people". The one person in history he would like to tap out is Jesus. He said he can say anything he wants to the people, but they will still cheer for him. He said they give him a standing ovation every time, everyone knows that he is the greatest wrestler in the world. He's better than Cena, he beat Michaels at WrestleMania and Masters and Carlito aren't even in his league. He won his first World Title here in Albany, and tonight he will do it again!
Evolution
« Reply #5069 on: March 17, 2006, 03:49:25 PM »

I hope Shannon Moore gets at least a chance. His Prince of Punk gimmick could be alright.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5070 on: March 17, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

I hope Shannon Moore gets at least a chance. His Prince of Punk gimmick could be alright.
He's nothing special but i guess he deserves a chance, word is him and Matt Hardy will be a tag team.

As for his gimmick, TNA thought he would be staying so they trademarked Prince Of Punk hihi
Evolution
« Reply #5071 on: March 17, 2006, 04:29:04 PM »

Oh yeah. Fuck it, get him with Hardy then.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5072 on: March 17, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »

Ah, those Angle quotes bring back fond memories! That exchange, and whole story with Austin is the funniest thing wwe have ever done. The thing is, the writing may have been excellent, but his delivery was/is phenomenal and when you read them you can't imagine anyone else saying it. Classic.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #5073 on: March 17, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

WWE needs goofball Angle back  ok
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5074 on: March 17, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »

Yeah but serious Angle is possibly the best thing at the moment aswell. I have said it before and i'll say it again, Kurt Angle is the main reason I watch wwe, when he is gone it will be a sad day.,

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #5075 on: March 17, 2006, 05:57:53 PM »

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but his neck you never know  Undecided
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #5076 on: March 17, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but his neck you never know? Undecided

you mean later rather than sooner.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #5077 on: March 18, 2006, 01:26:01 PM »

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but his neck you never know? Undecided

Nah he's just backwards going forwards Tongue

Smackdown was another solid shot last night:

Positives

The majority of the matches were enjoyable thanks to great effort by Angle, MNM, Mysterio, Benoit & Burchill.

Finlay vs. Lashley was pretty good to (for a tv match...).  I've enjoyed this feud so much i was reallt into this match and these guys are doing a great job of making this feud seem real heated and brutal.  At the end of it i also heard one of the greatest things ever.....'Finlay is going to Wrestlemania'.....Yeah Baby!  And Lashley fans don't worry, i'm pretty sure he'll win the Last Chance Battle Royal so he can get onto the 'Mania card and keep this feud going.

Matt Hardy is going to be in MITB II, awesome, putting him in a ladder match is always a good thing.

The Miz vignette was short but entertaining again, he looks to have a ton of potential.

Randy Orton played his heel role to perfection this week and managed to do so without any mentions of a certain person, see writing team, it is possible.

Negatives

Animal.  I mean why?  His match was awful, his ring gear is stupid, the whole thing is dumb and having him beat down Hardy after their match just made Hardy look crap as usual.  Retire with dignity!

JBL hitting Benoit with a Beer Cooler.  If your going to being selling a move that much then maybe it should look and sound a bit more vicious, it sounded and looked like Benoit had been hit with a bit of plastic, he sold it like it was a piece of steel. Roll Eyes

Is there any point in having Jordan job to Benoit again?

A Cruiserweight-Less Smackdown, That's Not Cool no

So overall a fairly good show again, and for anyone still wondering why they should watch the show....

Need i say more Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #5078 on: March 18, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later, but his neck you never know  Undecided

Oops, yeah I meant the other way round.

I enjoyed Smackdown too  ok
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #5079 on: March 18, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »

I have another negative about Smackdown to add...

Angle just doesn't look confident as a face! The three way interview was really awkward! The only person that was comfortable with it was Orton, and even he fucked up a couple of times.

Angle clearly isn't used to playing the virtuous role, and was pretty much lost for words when trying to defend Mysterio, which only went as far as making Rey look stupid, I may add.

He said something like 'this match is bigger than life...urm', just not convincing at all.

I get the feeling that it was actually live, it should have been recorded earlier! Rey and Angle obviously needed another crack at the whip, their skill on the mic didn't exactly come across... Meanwhile Orton was fantastic, and the only thing that made that segmant worthwhile.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 02:41:30 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: