Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833715 times)
Evolution
« Reply #4460 on: February 24, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »

Former WWF champion The Ultimate Warrior has recently updated his commentary on his official website. He discusses TNA's decision to bring Sting into the company, Sting's recent media conference call and also mentions that TNA should invest their money in bringing in Warrior to face former WCW World champion Goldberg.

Warrior wrote, "[Sting] also mentioned in the press conference that Ultimate Warrior coming to TNA would be interesting. Yes, I have to agree -- it would be very interesting. What would be more interesting is if the TNA execs had the creativity, integrity and balls to entertain it seriously. Frankly, what they should do, if they want to be competitive (there's that nasty blood, sweat and tears word again), is sell some of those construction materials Daddy Jarrett has laying around, and put up the financing to bring in Goldberg and Ultimate Warrior and let us try to beat the intensity out of one another.

Now there's an idea -- an attention getting one, and a money making one. I mean, instead of always using "warrior" as the adjective to fallaciously describe all those who aren't -- bring a real, and Ultimate, one in. Let the hardcore, natural intensity rip. Let both of us take our mischaracterized heads halfway out of our asses, just enough for us to be businessmen capable of discussing the serious potential success yet not enough to defuse a competitive grudge, and let the serious and creative thinkers at TNA, those without an agenda or envy problem, work out a program.

Put your silly a** fear and prejudice for my strong, bold character away and think SUCCESS. Hell, I'm all for great ideas. But don't expect me to keep my mouth shut when you don't come up with any. Of course, as I hinted at, it won't be inexpensive. Goldberg has an agent and has to give him a cut. I'm my own and I charge even more. The bigger obstacle, and definitely the one that has us both the most hated in the industry, is that we are strong individualists who don't need, or even necessarily want, to be in the business and can get along having great lives without it. But, what a way it would be for the most envied and despised to shove the final word down the throats of those Nor'Easterners, while TNA capitalizes off the incredible heat of it all."

First off, why the hell does Warrior insist on speaking like an idiot? Second off, the match would be so damn bad. I don't think TNA should give this the time of day.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4461 on: February 25, 2006, 04:27:21 AM »

It would be like booking Guns N' Roses.

What would hold TNA back would be the asshole/unreliable factor.

A feud between this 2 would draw big if booked properly.

Yes the match would probably suck but it's not like they'd drag it out over 20 minutes (Would they?).

I suppose the kid in me would love to see it, i was always an Ultimate Warrior fan as a kid, and while he's nothing special in the ring, love him or hate him people will never forget him, he made a big name for himself.

In a perfect world both him and Goldberg would be prepared to work for 'reasonable' fees.  Since, they would be doing a new company a favour, right?  No need to be assholes and charge stupid amounts.  Plus they both hate WWE so that would be an added incentive.  Unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and these guys would combined cost too much under normal circumstances, add to that the risk factor of Warrior no shows, it's not worth it.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4462 on: February 25, 2006, 08:19:55 AM »

I cannot believe that Jim 'Warrior' Hellwig is trying to influence someone in such an unabashed way to book him in what would be the biggest car crash feud (and not in a good way) there would ever be, get Goldberg in, by all means feud him with Ryhno, Abyss, Monty, Samoa, but for gods sake Warrior was crap in 1990, crapper in 96 and crappest in 98 or whenever his wcw run was, let it go Jim!!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4463 on: February 25, 2006, 08:52:54 AM »

I cannot believe that Jim 'Warrior' Hellwig is trying to influence someone in such an unabashed way to book him in what would be the biggest car crash feud (and not in a good way) there would ever be, get Goldberg in, by all means feud him with Ryhno, Abyss, Monty, Samoa, but for gods sake Warrior was crap in 1990, crapper in 96 and crappest in 98 or whenever his wcw run was, let it go Jim!!
Fairly true but the kid in me says bring him back hihi

In all honesty there was a time when he was able to have good matches (because of his opponenets obviously....but still...)

1990-92.? During that period he had 4 stand out matches ( hihi not many but more than most would expect.....)

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Hogan (Wrestlemania VI)
Ultimate Warrior vs. Rick Rude (Summerslam '90)
Ultimate Warrior vs. Macho Man (Wrestlemania VII)
Ultimate Warrior vs. Macho Man (Summerslam '92)

Well if he could have another match in the class of any of those 4....well ok he probably could n't but the dude's still a childhood hero of mine Grin? I've got The Self-Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior and i've just watched his Shoot Interview and boy are there a lot of different stories.? It's had to know who to believe since both he and Vince have such dodgy reputations.? He comes across as a big headed asshole, but not quite the nutjob people have made him out to be.

With the release of The Dicks Cry A few pages back Big Ploppa i made a list of who i think shoul be fired (since there's rumours of more releases coming....) who do you think they should ditch?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4464 on: February 25, 2006, 09:44:17 AM »

Those matches happened 15 years ago, the Hogan match was only good due to the spectacle, much like Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Rock and Hogan/Anyone really, except HBK and Angle who are the only 2 who have busted their arses so much as to get an actual good match out of him. Rick Rude and Randy Savage were both superb workers in their day, Bill Goldberg is not.

I dunno, due to the success of MNM I think its worth pairing of a few of the jobbers and try and build sum more decent teams with the look and package of a tag team. But I wouldn't miss any of those in your list Stoned.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4465 on: February 25, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »

I dunno, due to the success of MNM I think its worth pairing of a few of the jobbers and try and build sum more decent teams with the look and package of a tag team. But I wouldn't miss any of those in your list Stoned.
For ages i've been saying Wrestlemania it should be:

MNM vs. Mexicools vs. London & Kendrick TLC

As for not missing any on my list that's exactly my point really, none of them are that good, there's plenty of talent on OVW and the roster needs to be a bit fresher.  Fact is nobody on that list of mine would help improve TNA ratings so losing them is not bad, whereas letting Christian Cage & Team 3D depart was just stupid.....

....what idea i thought of was pairing Stevie Richards (Most underated and underused guy ever....) & Doug Basham (A solid talent...).  Now get them matching ring attire (for the tag team feel...) and have them go buy the name Team Hardcore or something.  Have them return through the crowd during tag matches with weapons taking out both teams each week and work from there, put them in the TLC match i mentioned at 'Mania, the team could work both are solid workers and Richards is decent on the mic to.

Speaking of unused talent, William RegalChris Benoit vs. William Regal vs. Finlay US Title anyone?

Note: I know Warrior sucks and those matches were 15 years since but i'm a big kid Grin
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4466 on: February 25, 2006, 11:17:18 AM »

with MITB II an almost certainty, theres no chance of another ladder match, as good a match as it would be. However i think there is a chance that the mexicools could be facing MNM, and it would be great to see SC and Psychosis in a decent match on PPV.

Evolution
« Reply #4467 on: February 25, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »

Did you catch Armageddon? MNM/Mexicools was match of the night  ok
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4468 on: February 25, 2006, 11:47:01 AM »

Did you catch Armageddon? MNM/Mexicools was match of the night? ok

No didnt see it, wasnt aware they had faced before, lets hope they get a rematch then.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4469 on: February 25, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »

Did you catch Armageddon? MNM/Mexicools was match of the night? ok

No didnt see it, wasnt aware they had faced before, lets hope they get a rematch then.
They did on Smackdown like 3 weeks ago and they last that 2 and since then they've drifted into the cruiserweight division, which is good in one way but they make such a good tag team it seems a real shame.

On Smackdown this week Tatanka looked the best he has since he returned i was actually very impressed, but it doesn't change the fact that having him and Matt Hardy as a tag team is dumb especially when you have London/Kendrick & The Mexicools.

Speaking of Smackdown.....

Classic segment with these 2 greats, The words Besmirched & Boom come to mind Grin
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4470 on: February 25, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »

Having them as a tag team is strange enough, having them defeat the champs on ppv is utterly bizzarre. He is pants, chop, chop, chop, chop, skip, scream, chop,chop, chop, samoan drop, 1-2-3

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4471 on: February 25, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »

Having them as a tag team is strange enough, having them defeat the champs on ppv is utterly bizzarre. He is pants, chop, chop, chop, chop, skip, scream, chop,chop, chop, samoan drop, 1-2-3
Yeah he was better on Smackdown this week though....

WWE seem to have an obsession with bringing back old out of shape stars....

Tatanka
Animal
Goldust
Jim Duggan
Vader

Only decent person they've brought back is Marty Jannetty he showed last year when he returned that he is still damn good in the ring and i've always been a mark for him....
Evolution
« Reply #4472 on: February 25, 2006, 09:57:43 PM »

They oughta re-return Gangrel!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4473 on: February 26, 2006, 09:06:47 AM »

Hell, they may as well make a 'seniors' division and be done with it, can't be much worse than the juniors!

Evolution
« Reply #4474 on: February 26, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

You may be onto something actually there. A good place for nostalgia, that doesn't clutter up the younger wrestlers schedules. Like Matt Hardy and Edge are getting.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #4475 on: February 26, 2006, 09:29:58 AM »

Don't give them ideas, that would be god awful, it was bad enough in the 80's when they were expected to wreslte badly but now, a whole division of punch, punch, kick, kick with the odd clothesline thrown in and of course the special occasion ax handle, think about it. Wrestling fans are now educated to expect big moves and spots, none of which any of the aforementioned ahem 'legends' could deliver, it would be piss break time and then what would we do during JBL matches.?

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4476 on: February 26, 2006, 10:36:40 AM »

What about this for 'Mania??

World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) v Randy Orton v Rey Mysterio

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) v HHH

Intercontinental Championship Ladder match
Shelton Benjamin (c) v RVD v Carlito

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley v Edge

WWE Tag Team Championship
MNM (c) v Mexicools v London & Kendrick

Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannety v Vince & Shane Mcmahon

World Tag Team Championship
Big Show & Kane (c) v 3MW (return sometime just before)

US Championship
Chris Benoit (c) v Finlay v Bobby Lashley

Last Man Standing
Undertaker v Mark Henry

Women's Championship
Trish Stratus (c) v Mickey James

Cruiserweight Championship
Gregory Helms (c) v Nunzio v Kid Kash

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #4477 on: February 26, 2006, 10:51:03 AM »

I'd pay to see that  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4478 on: February 26, 2006, 11:18:51 AM »

Intercontinental Championship Ladder match
Shelton Benjamin (c) v RVD v Carlito
That would be cool, but with money in the bank returning it'll be another 6 man match and another 'Mania with no IC Title defence.....

Hardcore Match
Mick Foley v Edge
Cactus Jack Wink

Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty v Vince & Shane Mcmahon
I would have a hard time taking that seriously i mean 2 trained wrestlers against 2 untrained ones......

....What would be better (Im my opinion...) would be a Jannetty heel turn so you could have:

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty w/ Vince Mcmahon

World Tag Team Championship
Big Show & Kane (c) v 3MW (return sometime just before)
Add in 2 Spirit Squad members and make it a triple threat match....

US Championship
Chris Benoit (c) v Finlay v Bobby Lashley
Replace Lashley with Regal, then you have a good wrestling match....

Additional Comedy Match:
Pirate Paul Birchill, Boogeyman & Lashley vs. Booker T, Simon Dean & Gymini in a 4 on 3 Handicap Match

Evolution, dude, i hope your joking about bringing back Gangrel.  When i mention Repo Man i am Wink

The dude was a medicore worker in the first place nothing special, and he was barely over and when he was it was for a short period of time as Edge, Christian & The Hardyz over shadowed him.....

....and if you really believe the senior division idea is a good idea my only question is, are you still drunk?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:21:27 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4479 on: February 26, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

I think Gangrel always got a raw deal. I mean you have Christian as NWA Champ, Edge as a former WWE Champ and then Gangrel's just wasting away on the indies.

And yeah i think the seniors divison would work!
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: