Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:40:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834685 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4380 on: February 19, 2006, 02:10:19 PM »

From WWE.com:

Saturday night at the RAW Live Event at the Nassau Coliseum, Tazz introduced Paul Heyman who delivered huge news regarding ECW.

According to Heyman, ECW will hold another One Night Stand. The event will originate from the ?original scene of the crime? at Manhattan Center?s Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday, June 11, 2006.

Tickets for the event will go on sale Saturday, April 15 at 10 a.m.

If this year's ECW One Night Stand is anything like the original, you can expect to see some of the most extreme action ever.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #4381 on: February 19, 2006, 02:11:33 PM »

Sounds good. I heard Benoit and Malenko were wanting to have an Eddie tribute match on the card.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4382 on: February 19, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »

Ill take

Angle
Orton
Benoit
Lashley
MNM
Super Crazy

Evolution
« Reply #4383 on: February 19, 2006, 11:40:02 PM »

NWO Predictions

Kurt Angle
Gregory Helms
Chris Benoit
MNM
Randy Orton
Lashley

Ho hum...4/6.

NWO was ok. Basically a 3 hour Smackdown, but no Burchill  rant
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4384 on: February 20, 2006, 09:06:08 AM »

Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker was one of the best title matches I have seen in fucking ages.

Mainly because I genuinly had no idea who was going to win. They handled it really well, and Angle carried 'taker really well. Okay, so the ending was really fucking stupid (why...seriously, why the fuck would 'taker have thought that he had won?! Looked like a clear roll up to me...It didn't help that they didn't replay it though) but it was still pretty good.

I don't understand why they didn't add another match though? The time wasting was ridiculous, what the fuck was with Benoit being congratulated by pretty much the whole damn roster after he won...

How hard would it have been to have actually used Finlay properly?! Even a squash match would have been better than watching Cole and Tazz (I'm big fans of them) squirm trying to fill space between the Mysterio and Angle matches.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4385 on: February 20, 2006, 10:00:52 AM »

Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker was one of the best title matches I have seen in fucking ages.

Mainly because I genuinly had no idea who was going to win. They handled it really well, and Angle carried 'taker really well. Okay, so the ending was really fucking stupid (why...seriously, why the fuck would 'taker have thought that he had won?! Looked like a clear roll up to me...It didn't help that they didn't replay it though) but it was still pretty good.
Yeah it was a damn good match but your right it did make Undertaker look real dumb.? The theory behind it was he obviously thought Angle passed out or tapped out, what i find hilarious though is the fact that for him to think that he must of been deaf and not heard the referee make the 3 count and he must of also failed to realise that the reason Angle rolled him over was to pin his shoulders to the mat, i mean come on, what the fuck?

I don't understand why they didn't add another match though? The time wasting was ridiculous, what the fuck was with Benoit being congratulated by pretty much the whole damn roster after he won...
I was really happy with the congratulating at first (You notice he totally ignored London & Kendrick hihi) because it made his title win so really important but then i realised they just did that so they had a reason to have Vicki Guerrero & Chavo there and well to waste time, the actual match was a bit of a let down Booker T & Benoit have had much better.

How hard would it have been to have actually used Finlay properly?! Even a squash match would have been better than watching Cole and Tazz (I'm big fans of them) squirm trying to fill space between the Mysterio and Angle matches.
Exactly Finlay in a Junior Gauntlet Match where he takes out the whole division, him vs. Super Porky would a been moment of the night? Wink

On the subject of the match he interfered in i was fairly impressed especially considering who was involved i really enjoyed JBL vs. Lashley.

Batista returns, cool!? Did he say anything worthwhile?? No.? Obviously they just needed to waste more time. Roll Eyes

MNM vs. Tatanka (rofl) & Matt Hardy.? Jeff Hardy was probably sitting at home watching this wondering what in the blue hell magic mushrooms he's taken that have made him see Tatanka.? I mean why pair these 2 up?? Eh?? There's plenty of tag teams, why not have them face the Mexicools (Too many cruiserweights in the opening match anyway....).? And to give them the win was even more stupid, i'm guessing they'll lose the rematch when the belts are on the line though.? This was a poor match though and why have a non-title match on PPV?? And why have them anyway, i mean if you win you don't prove yourself worthy of a shot, if you win you prove your better than the champions right?? So therefore you should be champions.? Or were MNM taking it easy 'cos it was a non-title match?

Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio, considering the talent involved in this match i thought it was quite lame and i found myself fairly bored.? Cheap finishes implies, it ain't over, i say expect a Triple Threat Angle vs. Orton vs. Mysterio match at 'Mania.

Cruiserweight Match was fairly solid, they had some decent spots but as i mentioned above too many were involved which somewhat spoiled the match a bit.? Anyone notice the chemistry between London/Kendrick & The Mexicools, these 2 teams need to get in a 3 way feud with MNM.? Now! (I'm sure i've said it before but hell i really mean it, TLC Match at 'Mania.....Oh Yeaaaaah *Randy Savage Flashback*)

Overall, not a bad event, and hell it was free, but it could of been so much better, as Evolution said, where the fuck was Pirate Paul Birchill rant

Well for those of us who missed him here's the amazing dude in action:

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #4386 on: February 20, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »

Christian Cage did an interview with The Ottawa Sun over the weekend. Cage stated that he received a text message from Edge after the PPV congratulating him on his NWA title win.

After No Way Out..Orton. He showed how much of a prick he is. When he came out in his car, he was waiting to make a turn and guy in a wheelchair was crossing in front of him. Orton then proceeds to HONK at him and yell something out before speeding off. This is kind of funny..Im pretty sure he was doing it to stay in charecter

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4387 on: February 20, 2006, 10:54:36 PM »

Dreams Can Come True!

Mark out moment!

Marty Jannetty has just returned on RAW to help Shawn Michaels.....Woooo!

(He looked shifty though i sense a heel turn..... hihi)

Did anyone else actually like the Spirit Squad last night or am i losing it?

I found them quite amusing and in the ring these guys were awesome (although we already knew that...)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 04:11:08 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4388 on: February 21, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

Just did a basic fast forward thru Raw, will watch fully later. I think Jannetty's return is a damn scam! See Vince's face? Anyone notice Ashley's tumble from the ring? wwe.com reports a fracture in her left leg. Ouch.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4389 on: February 21, 2006, 11:02:31 AM »

Anyone notice Ashley's tumble from the ring? wwe.com reports a fracture in her left leg. Ouch.
rofl Gives D's team another loss due to injury, expect a 'I was screwed again' promo soon rofl or 'I could of been a contender.....but for these damn injuries' promo rofl
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4390 on: February 21, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »

rofl Gives D's team another loss due to injury, expect a 'I was screwed again' promo soon rofl or 'I could of been a contender.....but for these damn injuries' promo rofl

Yeah, D should be a Premiership manager.  Grin

If no teams ever had injuries, we'd have 17 teams challenging for the title...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #4391 on: February 21, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

Poor D  hihi
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4392 on: February 21, 2006, 01:25:16 PM »

Here are highlights from a Paul Orndoff interview:

He discredited the WWE Hall Of Fame saying it was crap and didn't mean anything to him. He said it wasn't all about Hogan, it was all about Vince and all Mr. Wonderful got to show for it was a $20 plaque. Paul said he was paid to do the show which was the only reason he attended.

He spent some time talking about the classic Saturday Night's Main Events and the role Dick Ebersol played backstage as the head of NBC sports. Paul said that Ebersol pulled him aside in the past to ask for input and suggestions with the show. Paul said the SNME shows on NBC had a more important feel to them and that NBC did more for the WWF product with those shows than anyone will ever know.

He said he would go to war for his country.

He said working with Piper and Flair was "boring."

He discussed working in the main event of the very first WrestleMania and said although Mr. T could not work, he was good for what he brought to the table for that show.

He said he generally doesn't follow WWE anymore because he thinks the product doesn't need writers, it needs workers. Paul doesn't like when matches involve so much pre-planning because a match needs to flow off of fan reactions.

He would not rule out appearing for a brand like Ring Of Honor although he confessed he was not very in-tune with the product or who they were, simply liked them for what he had heard about them.

He put over Kurt Angle and said he was one of the special guys like "Brock Lesinger"... Paul kidded around about having wrongly pronounced Brock Lesnar's name last year but hoped he didn't have any heat with Lesnar because Brock is a monster. Paul said it's okay for him to pronounce a few names wrong every now and then since everyone is always pronouncing Orndorff incorrectly.

pwinsider.com

This dude was a fave of mine growing up.  I watched him in WCW on a Saturday afternoon on ITV, i always thought it was amusing that one of my friends parents looked like him, and i told him to Grin He still remembers to, saw him last year for the first time in about 10 years.  Anyway seems a common pattern amongst old timers to knock how things are booked, i tend to agree with them although i've heard a lot of it is to do with Mcmahons wanting more control over their workers than they had in the past (e.g. Cliques calling how things go etc...).  I'm not impressed with his Hall of Fame comments, if he thinks it's worthless fine don't do it, don't be a sell out rant

After Raw ended, the fans were cheering for Triple H as he left, and booing Cena. Cena cut a promo, but was booed.  Edge then came out, and we had Edge vs. Cena in a long match, with Cena winning.  A LOT of fans left before this ended.

pwinsider.com

Something else which should guarantee the King of Kings WILL be taking back his Throne at 'Mania.

Speaking of RAW in more detail i thought it was a cracking show, more wrestling and less pointless segments:

Positives:

#1 Marty Jannetty is back!

#2 Spirit Squad were great in the ring these guys are really talented and i enjoyed their segment with Vince i'm really warming to these guys, that Trampoline spot was cool (that was Kenny doing it by the way...)

#3 Carlito - Money In The Bank II - Hell Yeah!

#4 Shelton Benjamin wins IC Title (Even though the match was too short....)

#5 Solid Main Event - Even if the ending was predictable

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4393 on: February 21, 2006, 01:50:01 PM »

Yeah, Raw was pretty cool.

It goes to show how poorly booked No Way Out was though; Raw had more matches.

Though Shelton, if he's ever going to get to the top as a heel, needs to learn how to use foreign objects.   hihi

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4394 on: February 21, 2006, 03:21:34 PM »

Wrestling Thread: All UK Gunners (And others if you like....)

It is your wrestling mission of the year.....

...Attend Download!

On Topic, er......The Dicks Rule! headbanger
Evolution
« Reply #4395 on: February 21, 2006, 04:03:19 PM »

Wrestling Thread: All UK Gunners (And others if you like....)

It is your wrestling mission of the year.....

...Attend Download!

It's done!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4396 on: February 21, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »

Definatly.

Not only are Guns N' Roses playing, but I'll probably be there!

That's like...

two reasons.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4397 on: February 21, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »

Vince doesn't give a damn about wrestling anymore.

Candice Michelle has a nasty voice, and that's why I wouldn't do her.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #4398 on: February 21, 2006, 06:10:03 PM »

Heyhey, someone else noticed! She sounds like Chris Masters gargling  Undecided
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4399 on: February 21, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »

Candice Michelle has a nasty voice, and that's why I wouldn't do her.
Buy ear plugs then dude she's steaming, i don't mind it anyway, i like her, fine she can't wrestle but she can sure go.....

....daddy

..... Roll Eyes Boy i'm losing it no
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: