Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835029 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #4340 on: February 16, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »

Been looking for the New Years Revolution thoughts in this thread but can't find it as i don't have time at this minute.  I watched it the other day and can I just say it was the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen for a ppv.  WWE have lost the plot officially.  That main event was a disgrace to all main events before it.  The crowd were so obviously pissed off it hurt to watch!

WWE, for fucks sake let the wrestlers do moves instead of just bitch slap each other around.  I had to laugh when Cenile beat whichever talentless bastard he beat, then Vince came out and I was thinking "wow, we're gonna get a real champion" then dashed my hopes by letting Edge go down and beat a bloody Cenile.  I know it's always gonna be difficult for them to match the near hysteria created by the old boys, The Rock vs Austin or HHH and stuff, but they are using what little talent there is now so badly it's unreal.  That PPV should never have been allowed to happen.  Unfortunately I don't have Sky so I missed the Rumble, will read reports here on that when I have time.

Over and out.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Evolution
« Reply #4341 on: February 16, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »

R.I.P Grunge. I can't believe both of Public Enemy are gone now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4342 on: February 16, 2006, 06:15:35 PM »

Im taking Journey March 4th to a WWE Raw house Show, i cant wait, its gonna be pretty awesome.

I finally get to see Shawn Micheals and RVD in person.

I went and saw Raw about 6 years ago but that was after Shawn retired.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #4343 on: February 16, 2006, 06:21:15 PM »

ok Fucking nice move.

Here D, are you near Lexington?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4344 on: February 16, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

Bout 2 and a half hours away from there.

tickets are only 20 bucks!!! I cant fuckin wait to go.

Evolution
« Reply #4345 on: February 16, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »

$20?? We play like ?50 over here. Like $90.

On April 30th Backlash is taking place at the Rupp Arena in Lexington. You should go  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4346 on: February 16, 2006, 08:24:05 PM »

HOLY SHIT!!!!

I am there dude!!! I doubt Ill be able to score good seats but i dont care if im in the nosebleeds, Im gonna do my best to go!!

Evolution
« Reply #4347 on: February 16, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »

Good good  ok

We need a HTGTH wrestling member to take in a PPV live, and join the elite club of AxlsMainMan. Lucky bastard attended WM X8  rant  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4348 on: February 16, 2006, 08:31:57 PM »

April 30th definitely gives me plenty of time to save up the cash. As long as they arent sold out and I can get a seat, im gonna do my best to go.

Rupp holds over 25,000, so i should be able to get a ticket.

Evolution
« Reply #4349 on: February 16, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »

WWE.com has noted that two years ago today Booker T & RVD won the World Tag Team Championship on RAW. A video is also online so that you can watch it on WWE 24/7 Online.

Time flys!
redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #4350 on: February 17, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »

I might not post in the wrestling section often, but I am a fan.  Anywho, I was at WM X8 in Toronto,  that was awesome, I was on the floor, but a bit back, but I'm 6'6 so I could see above Everyone.  That pop that Hogan got was one of the loudest I've heard in my life

Bitch slap rappin'
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4351 on: February 17, 2006, 11:02:23 AM »

I might not post in the wrestling section often, but I am a fan.
Good to know, welcome anyway, you should post more in this section, all additions to the wrestling community are really appreciated Wink

Anywho, I was at WM X8 in Toronto,? that was awesome, I was on the floor, but a bit back, but I'm 6'6 so I could see above Everyone.? That pop that Hogan got was one of the loudest I've heard in my life
Great to hear, it's times like these i wish i was a US and/or Canada resident, the only big event we've had was Summerslam '92 at Wembley oh and a few Raws recently, damn my pot smoking though, always left me short of money, next time WWE come over here though i'll catch 'em, being the Simon Dean wannabe i am these days Smiley.....

redarmy76
Headliner

OK, Nevermind

« Reply #4352 on: February 17, 2006, 12:28:01 PM »

Stoned, if and when you make it up to Canada, I promise you a Simon Dean Super-Sized Spliff for ya, on the house

Bitch slap rappin'
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4353 on: February 17, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »

Stoned, if and when you make it up to Canada, I promise you a Simon Dean Super-Sized Spliff for ya, on the house
Oh awesome a super sized yet healthy spliff smoking

So who's watching Sunday.....

....i will be because it's free over here and well, i always do anyway... Grin

World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker
Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - Opportunity for a World Championship Match at WrestleMania
United States Champion Booker T vs. Chris Benoit
JBL vs. Bobby Lashley
2 Matches Will Be Added On Smackdown - I'll edit them in after it airs since some people are touchy about spoilers Tongue

Overall, from a wrestling point of view it looks fairly solid, but there's not much that really inspires you to order the event is there?  Only 2 matches, by decent wrestling standards have been given the right amount of build up.  The first being Orton vs. Mysterio, it's been given plenty of air time and a lot has gone into building it up.  The problem is it's just wrong, it has offended many, and rather than causing ample amount of heel heat for Orton prompting people to tune in to see him lose and view him as a heel they love to hate, they just hate him.  It's cheap heat, it has just gone to show creative is severly lacking, or actually Vince is sick and really losing touch since word is it was his idea.

The other match that has been built up properly is Booker T vs. Chris Benoit.  Now despite the stupidity of other people defending the US Title the actual feud has been pretty damn good.  Booker T has been hilarious on commenatary and Benoit has had great matches with Finlay and Orton throughout the course of this feud.  I think the right thing to do would be to have Chris Benoit win it and then at Wrestlemania have a rematch but make it a Triple Threat with Finlay, especially since the chemistry between Finlay and Benoit the other week in the ring was great.

As for the other matches, in the ring they should be fairly solid, but they are really lacking on the build up front, they just haven't done enough to make people care.  Angle vs. 'Taker has had very little tension, the chemistry just seems to be lacking......

....all the same it's free for me, so it's all good.
Evolution
« Reply #4354 on: February 17, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »

some people are touchy about spoilers[/i] Tongue

Grin

I hope Booker retains. He has been fantastic despite his injury keeping him out of the ring.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4355 on: February 17, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »

I hope he loses, I fuckin hate Booker T

This may have been asked before but if you could book 1 realistic match for Mania what would it be?

Personally I'd have a triple threat ladder match for the IC title: Shelton (probably champ by then) v RVD v Carlito

drool drool drool drool
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:15:53 PM by axl_rose_700 » Logged

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4356 on: February 17, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »

I hope Booker retains. He has been fantastic despite his injury keeping him out of the ring.
He has been fantastic i just think with all the wins he's had and how he keeps screwing Benoit, to make this angle good for all involved and get both over Benoit should get the win, Booker T has gained plenty already from the angle.  So as a fan i want Booker T to win but for the good of both men involved i want Benoit to win, either way the match should rock.

I hope he loses, I fuckin hate Booker T
Good to see he's doing his job well as a heel Tongue

This may have been asked before but if you could book 1 realistic match for Mania what would it be?
Finlay vs Chris Benoit for the US Title, 30 Minute Iron Man Submission Match
Evolution
« Reply #4357 on: February 17, 2006, 04:20:37 PM »

I would be into MNM Vs The Mexicools in a Tag Title Ladder match  Smiley
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4358 on: February 17, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

I would be into MNM Vs The Mexicools in a Tag Title Ladder match? Smiley
As far as Tag Teams go i think Vince forgot he can use ladders in their matches.....

....and it annoys me on a permanent basis that there has never been a Cruiserweight Title Ladder Match since the guys in that division are the best suited to that kind of damn match Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #4359 on: February 17, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »

Here's something that will make you even more pissed! Add up all the ladder matches each member of the Cruiserweight division has had, then compare it to Kane's tally.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: