Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835299 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4320 on: February 10, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »

Owen died because of WWF (wwe) faulty equipment.? Where as Eddie died because of things outside of WWE's control, so it is a little different but I still think playing a dead guy as an angle is terrible.

Nah, it was faulty equipment supplied to the WWE by another company, might of been one in England actually.  Undecided

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4321 on: February 10, 2006, 01:28:53 PM »

Owen died because of WWF (wwe) faulty equipment.? Where as Eddie died because of things outside of WWE's control, so it is a little different but I still think playing a dead guy as an angle is terrible.

Nah, it was faulty equipment supplied to the WWE by another company, might of been one in England actually.? Undecided
Yep it was and either way it's uncalled for, Arron get ur ass on msn and i'll send you the C4

Edit: Scratch that i found this vid of it.....

http://www.youtube.com/w/Paul-Birchall%27s-C4?v=iFumlCbmk6U&search=paul%20birchall

and.....

a very upsetting Matt Cappoteli video......

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/591950/2115502/mattcappotelliovw?section=%2F
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 02:56:05 PM by Stoned » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4322 on: February 10, 2006, 03:56:37 PM »

That last move is like, Rock Bottom on acid!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4323 on: February 10, 2006, 05:07:48 PM »

That last move is like, Rock Bottom on acid!
Yep. That's the C4, so not only is he a good wrestler he has an amazing finisher.........
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4324 on: February 10, 2006, 05:32:51 PM »

Here is another conspiracy theory regarding Cena reclaiming the title at the Royal Rumble Tongue

PWInsider reports that a rumor is going around backstage that WWE spliced in footage of the crowd popping, from a previous event, when Cena won the title at the Rumble. This could have been from something a few years ago with The Rock or Steve Austin, and was used because the crowd didn?t pop as loud as they had hoped for Cena.

WWE originally took the title off of Cena because most of their male adult demographic had been booing him, however didn?t want to turn him heel because of how much merchandise he moves and the fact that the child and female demographics love him.

There are several indications that there is nothing behind these rumors however, one being that it is extremely hard to splice in old footage into a live broadcast without anyone noticing. Another is that WWE probably wouldn?t have put the title back on Cena if they thought people were going to boo him, however as we all know, WWE does a lot of things that may not make sense to us.

It is still unknown whether Cena knows about this or, if it is true, whose decision it was.

Most recently storylines in WWE are said to have come from Vince McMahon. Vince seems to be the main creative force in WWE at the moment, including the brains behind the Eddie Guerrero and Tim White storylines.

Any real surprise there?.. Undecided

Years ago, back in WCW, Booker T used to be well known in the locker room for using his 70's reminiscent commentary skills to entertain the other wrestlers.
Booker's amusing commentary continued to draw laughs backstage upon arrival to WWE; however it is only now that the gimmick has finally been brought to television.

I dont really recall such gimmick but if that is what he is using in the WWE now, it is god fuckin' aweful!

I hate Booker T!

He's a crap champ, a crap heel, a crap worker, a crap promo cutter... Lips Sealed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4325 on: February 10, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »

Quite possibly, the most awesome, devestating wrestling move ever!
Find a video of Mr Gregory Helms finisher, the vertebreaker! Hes not allowed to use it in WWE but that was a massively dangerous move. (Which of course made it all the more entertaining).

Was that CZW footage in the video Chinesestew?

makane
Legend

« Reply #4326 on: February 10, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »

It's just so unneccesary. I read on the Sky preview for Smackdown "Randy Orton" sets the record straight". I hope that refers to him back peddeling on his comments, but even still the damage is done.
That, hmm... did not quite happen.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4327 on: February 10, 2006, 07:19:40 PM »

From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of both John Roselli (Romeo) and Thomas Matera (Antonio) today, February 10,2006. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4328 on: February 10, 2006, 07:29:04 PM »

From WWE.com:

WWE has come to terms on the release of both John Roselli (Romeo) and Thomas Matera (Antonio) today, February 10,2006. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.
Well they were going nowhere, but it's still a shock.? They were this weeks Byte This! guests and the only proper team on RAW, oh well they won't be missed.....

Was that CZW footage in the video Chinesestew?
Dunno.? I know as much as you do, it's British and er......

Smackdown was fairly solid tonight (apart from that which will be ignored....)

MNM vs. London/Kendrick was pretty cool and you couldn't help feeling that this could be the start of something (I hope....), London had revenge in his eyes.? Maybe a 4-Way at No Way Out, MNM vs. Mexicools vs. L & K vs. The Dicks.....

....the opening Fatal 4 Way was ok, enjoyable enough watching but nothing you're gonna remember, what stopped it from being boring was Booker T's hilarious commentary.? 'Sssshhhh Sssssh Shades of the errrr....'

Has Vince hired the dude who wrote Pirates of the Caribbean?? To capatilise on the films popularity and it's pending sequel Captain Jack Sparrow has joined WWE, i take back what i said earlier, i like the look in a comical kind of way, it might just work.? Long live Captain Burch!

Finlay Rocks!? Midget beating, great stuff? hihi I could n't stop laughing when the little one tried escaping but could not get over the barrier rofl

Lashley should have ZERO speaking time, ZERO i tell thee!

Helms vs. Nunzio was too short and was boring, fairly disappointing, good thing is next week we have Helms vs. Kash to look forward to, now that should be decent yes

The Main Event was a bore least we had a run-in at the end to making things a bit more interesting.....

....Overall another fairly solid show, some weak points but hey like we expect perfection Tongue

Edit:from www.wrestling-edge.com, Eddie Guerrero's widow, Vickie Guerrero, and her daughters, will be at ringside during the Rey Mysterio/Randy Orton match at No Way Out in Baltimore. There is a lot of heat from this decision internally.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:36:41 PM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4329 on: February 13, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »

Back!....At Last Smiley

Smackdown's Greatest moment in years headbanger  hihi

and we have a NEW King of the Mountain.....

Evolution
« Reply #4330 on: February 13, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »

'Ello!
Evolution
« Reply #4331 on: February 15, 2006, 04:31:42 PM »

Pretty big announcement that Bret Hart is going to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Reportedly Dusty Rhodes and Eddie Guerrero are going to join him.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4332 on: February 15, 2006, 05:04:47 PM »

PWInsider is reporting that last year Dusty Rhodes opted out of appearing at the Hall Of Fame because he knew that Hogan would overshadow everyone, and this year he thinks that both Hart and Guerrero would overshadow him.

Roll Eyes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4333 on: February 15, 2006, 05:08:06 PM »

Pretty big announcement that Bret Hart is going to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Reportedly Dusty Rhodes and Eddie Guerrero are going to join him.
And Barry Darsow Wink hihi
Evolution
« Reply #4334 on: February 15, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »

PWInsider is reporting that last year Dusty Rhodes opted out of appearing at the Hall Of Fame because he knew that Hogan would overshadow everyone, and this year he thinks that both Hart and Guerrero would overshadow him.

Roll Eyes

If he waits till the year his name is the biggest inducted, he will never get in.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4335 on: February 15, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »

Roll Eyes

If he waits till the year his name is the biggest inducted, he will never get in.
That's a bit unfair back in the day he was a real big name, one of the NWA's legends, his star has fallen a lot though now, if he was the biggest attraction for the hall of fame it would be a bad year.....

....so actually hihi he'll never get in.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4336 on: February 16, 2006, 02:29:51 AM »

Man, I can't stand Dusty Rhodes.  I'd say he was pretty over-rated in the ring.  And out of the ring he's been horrible.  He's written some of the dumbest storylines I can remember.  And now that he's part of the WWE creative team we've been treated to the return of his boy Goldust.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4337 on: February 16, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »

Man, I can't stand Dusty Rhodes.? I'd say he was pretty over-rated in the ring.
Depends what people say about him in the ring, if they say he's another Bret Hart he is very overated, but fact is they don't.  If you watch many of his old matches from in his prime he was pretty damn good, he had some damn good matches with the likes of Ric Flair.  He was never the greatest technician and was never in great shape but that guy could go, he could last a long time in a match, he wasn't like the overweight of today (Big Show....) lacking on stamina he could hang with the best of them and outside of the ring (on the mic that is....) he was very charasmatic and could always get the fans in the palm of his hands, you want overated how about Hacksaw Jim Duggan, back in the day he was massively over.....

.....and he has always sucked in the ring in every match of his career but for some weird reason people actually liked the guy loads, is it just cos he played the patriotic card?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4338 on: February 16, 2006, 07:18:42 AM »

Dusty Rhodes is a fucking LEGEND. Wrestling wouldnt be what it is today without people like him. Watch his matches against people like Flair, Nikita Koloff, Tully Blanchard, Raging Bull, Abdullah the Butcher,etc. Or his tag team matches when Magnum T.A. was his partner, and they were the masked duo 'Frank and Jesse James'. Never forget when Dusty and Nikita, former 'enemies', teamed up for The Jim Crockett Senior Memorial Cup. If you dont know what that is, it was a 2 day tag team tournament event where the winners got this huge trophy and a million dollars. That was one of the most legendary events in wrestling history(never understood why Vince hasnt resurrected this event). In my opinion, Dusty gave much more entertainment to the wrestling world than Hulk Hogan ever will.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4339 on: February 16, 2006, 01:47:07 PM »

Former ECW & WCW star Mike "Johnny Grunge" Durham has passed away. He was pronounced dead upon his arrival at an Atlanta area hospital earlier today.

Apparently, Durham was at a friend's house in Peachtree, Georgia. He was gasping for air, and then immediately rushed to the hospital. The hospital's preliminary diagnosis is that he was suffering from complications of sleep apnea.

Grunge was believed to be 39 years old. When his tag team partner and friend Rocco Rock (Ted Petty) passed away in 2002, his friends say that he was never the same again.

R.I.P. Another wrestling death way too soon.....

....moving on, God i feel like i can breath again, i was stupid enough to peer into the GN'R section, jeez, made me feel claustraphobic.  2 years ago there were 20-30 people in their talking crap, now we have 300, how things change hihi
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: