Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228535 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835708 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4260 on: February 05, 2006, 10:27:01 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/w/OVW---Ken-Doane%2C-Dean-Visk%2C-%26-CM-Punk?v=to7GYohuy68&search=ovw

Why did WWE do away with Dean Visk??

His Warrior promos are hilarious!!

I LOVEEE IT!
Same reason they did away with Charlie Haas, they're stupid!

Seriously though could be lots of reasons, getting along with the 'right' people seems to help you keep your job, 'troublemakers' or those who don't get along with Mcmahon buddies will get sacked no matter how talented (generally...)

Tazz and Cole took a call from "Bubba" on night two of their Sirius trial and no, it was not Bubba The Love Sponge but ... Bubba Ray Dudley. Bubba said anybody could be a ten time World champion if they married the boss' daughter.

He said his last name was "Dudley" and did not care if WWE legal heard him. Tazz commented that they were listening for sure to the show.

They talked for about ten minutes and kidded about Cole being on the "gas." Bubba asked if WWE started testing yet.

Bubba said there is something really good on TV on Saturday Nights on Spike and to check it out. Tazz then invited Bubba to call back "anytime" and to call again for their Sunday pre-Super Bowl Show.

Bubba said he has both XM and Sirius, but put over Sirius as the better of the two satellite radio providers. He congratulated Tazz and Cole on the show and hoped they get the gig full-time.

Tazz and Cole keep alluding to being on TV (Smackdown) at the same time they were on Sirius.

Evolution
« Reply #4261 on: February 05, 2006, 06:27:19 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/w/WWF-Razor-Ramon-Vs-Shawn-Michaels-SummerSlam?v=GJqSDPvKgdk&search=shawn%20michaels

The Ladder rematch. Summerslam 1995  ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4262 on: February 06, 2006, 12:17:03 AM »

Stoned pretty much hacked into my computer and posted my Smackdown review, so I dont really have much to add on that front except that Randy Orton is an ignorant fucking prick who deserves to have his teeth knocked down his throat, and Rey Meysterio is an opportunistic little shit who belongs in the midget division no matter how talented he may be...

Im sorry but do the WWE not talk more shit out there mouth than their ass? They out on this beautiful, heartfelt tribute show dedicated in memory of Eddie Guererro, and he's not even cold in the grave before there walking all over his name and legacy by using him to gain heat for a prima donna ass clown like Randy Orton...What if Eddie's fucking kids were watching?? Do you think they want to hear about there dad being in hell instead of heaven and that their Uncle Rey's luck is going to run out like father's life did? Like honesty, who is the cold hearted fuck who wrote that shit...whoever it was you better believe it had Vince's approval..

What's with Rey using Eddie's name and memory as a way of kissing everyone's asses so that we'll go head over heels for a title run from him...He just looks unbelievably cheap, and like a asshole in my eyes if he cant even show he deserves a run of his talents and not his former ally's memory..As far as Im concerned, I wont support or watch a title reign from Orton or Rey, their both slimy assholes in my eyes. They could have refused to do the angle and dont tell me they couldn't have...

Asides from that display on the show, I managed to get into the Angle/Undertaker stare-down..I think this is gunna be a really awesome match..Im polling for the Deadman of course ok

Buildup for this weeks show is:

Undertaker is the master of mind games, and he began playing a mental game of chess with Kurt Angle last week. Angle told the Deadman that when he gets into the ring, he also has no soul. He made it clear that the Wrestling Machine did not fear the Phenom. Undertaker simply replied that at No Way Out, when they wage battle over the World Heavyweight Championship, Angle would rest in peace. With that, the lights went out and Undertaker disappeared. Will Undertaker continue to mess with Angle?s head just nine days away from No Way Out?

So you wanna know why Edge lost the belt at the Rumble..? Well, look no farther than my boy HHH:

PWInsider reports that there were a lot of people on the creative team and in management who thought that it was a mistake to put the title back on Cena at the Rumble, but obviously more people higher up, including Triple H, decided otherwise. There is a feeling that a lot of the hatred from fans towards Cena went away once they took the title off.

The decision to give the title back to Cena appears to be the result of WrestleMania plans. Triple H has been making it known that he wants to wrestle against Cena at Mania for the WWE title.

There are some people backstage who are upset at Triple H because he was pushing for Edge to lose the title to Cena at Royal Rumble to line himself up for a title match with Cena at WrestleMania. Many people thought that Edge was doing very well as champion and had managed to get himself over with the fans.

I personally loved Edge as champ, his reign was the first Ive really been behind and enjoyed in quite a long time, but HHH is married to the boss' daughter, and your telling me you wouldn't milk that position a wee bit around 'Mania time Tongue

HHH has been the likely candidate for months anyways, and here's hoping he can reclaim his throne as promised ok

There are rumors going around that Edge may wrestle Mick Foley at WrestleMania.

Ok...

It's official....

HHH caught him with a nude picture of Steph... hihi

Jim Ross has been sent another contract from WWE for when his current one expires this fall. There is no word on whether he has re-signed, or if he will.

As the old saying goes, "You gotta trim the fat."

I was sad when JR left, but Ill be honest, Im kinda happy I dont have to put up with his boring overexagerations every fuckin' week anymore.

Styles and King may not be flawless, and Coach is mediocre, but Ill live Undecided

Recently Brock Lesnar's attorneys asked the United States District Court of Connecticut to shoot down WWE's latest attempt at preventing Lesnar for working for New Japan Pro Wrestling on January 31, 2006.

Lesnar's attorneys pointed out there is a settlement conference scheduled for tomorrow regarding the case, which would supersede any need for a hearing on the restraining order.

They also noted that the WWE had previously motioned the court for a restraining order, only it withdraw that request on their own.

All I can say is: "War! What is it good for?" no

Recently at a Q&A session in England, Bret Hart was asked about the possibility of refereeing a McMahon vs. Michaels match, and said there was no way he would do it. He ripped on Michaels, saying ?If you spent any time with him, you?d want to jump off a balcony.?

Ill be honest, I laughed pretty hard when I read that. I mean, it's been the second time in like a week, with the first time being from the Rock that we've heard Shawn is a pretty well a prick backstage..

He also mentioned how when he was given the Hitman gimmick, Vince wanted him to dress like a mobster in pinstripes, however he refused

That's another one of Vince's attrocious ideas I guess..Thank God Bret didn't use it or maybe he wouldnt be deserving as to be called "The Best" hihi

Id love to see a book called "Vince McMahon's Worst Gimmick Ideas of All Time" In a bookstore someday before I die rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4263 on: February 06, 2006, 05:46:45 AM »

Stoned pretty much hacked into my computer and posted my Smackdown review
So you implying there pretty much the same....

....so your a fan of The Dicks to....

....Awesome!

Id love to see a book called "Vince McMahon's Worst Gimmick Ideas of All Time" In a bookstore someday before I die rofl
That would be like the biggest book ever, it seems for every decent gimmick he creates he does ten shit ones to, i mean is he really a genius? Hell if i had that many attempts i could come up with some awesome ones....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4264 on: February 06, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

Did you know,

this topic has the second most replies of any topic on the whole forum?

Impressive,

says Darth Vader.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4265 on: February 06, 2006, 10:51:30 AM »

Did you know,

this topic has the second most replies of any topic on the whole forum?

Impressive,

says Darth Vader.
Indeed especially considering the No.1 is 'What Are You Listening To...'
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4266 on: February 06, 2006, 12:49:50 PM »

This thread also probably has the lowest ammount of individual poster replies,

ever!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4267 on: February 06, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »

^ That's because this thread is a unique cult that most people just don't get Tongue

Just to give people an idea of who may be joining the full roster soon, here is a snippet of a house show report, mentioning several new wrestlers being used:

Match 1: Kane vs. Freakin Deacon

Remember the last Deacon? Well, this guy isn't it. I have no idea who he is. I thought it was Snitsky. But oh, well. Quick match. Deacon has some nice moves and good psychology, but he fell victim the Chokeslam from Hell.

Winner: Kane

Match 2: Spirit Squad vs. The Miz and Chris Cage

The Spirit Squad is so damn annoying. But it works. They got great heat. It was a back-and-forth match. It ended when the Squad Leader interfered.

Winners: The Spirit Squad

And, TNA get's a chance to really mess with the big boys....

TNA WRESTLING MOVES TO PRIMETIME ON SPIKE TV

Moves To Thursdays at 9 PM Starting April 13

New York, NY, February 6, 2006 ? Spike TV has announced that Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling will move to a weeknight primetime slot starting this April. Premieres of TNA: iMPACT! Wrestling will move to Thursdays at 9:00 PM, ET/PT, starting April 13, and will encore in its current Saturday night timeslot.

?TNA Wrestling has been delivering strong ratings for Spike and is continually growing its audience,? says Kevin Kay, General Manager/Executive Vice-President, Spike TV. ?Wrestling fans have been looking for an alternative and have found it in TNA?s brand of high-flying and action-packed entertainment.?

Since launching in October 2005, TNA: iMPACT! Saturday telecasts have averaged a .8/724,000 HH rating, with .8/397,000 in Men 18-49 and a .8/202,000 in M 18-34 with an average audience of 957,000. Compared to YAGO, TNA Wrestling is +56% in HH, +103% in M 18-49 and +72% in average audience. On Saturday, January 28 TNA scored some of its highest ratings with a 1.1/970,000 HH rating with a 1.0/518,000 in M 18-49 and 1.0/252,000 in M 18-34 and an average audience of 1.3 million viewers.

?The move to prime time on Spike is the most significant event in TNA Wrestling?s short history,? said Dixie Carter, president of TNA Wrestling. ?I am very proud of our entire team and all their hard work in achieving this milestone. Spike has been a fantastic partner, and we have accomplished so much together in just four months. We look forward to continuing to work with them to grow the TNA brand during this exciting time.?

The new wrestling alternative, ?TNA: iMPACT!? delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, athletic entertainment. TNA?s roster includes new, fresh talent like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Monty Brown and recognizable stars such as Sting, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Team 3D, and others. TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the high-flying ?X Division,? as well as concept matches such as ?Ultimate X,? ?King of the Mountain,? and ?Six Sides of Steel.?

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville,TN. The names of all Total Nonstop Action Wrestling televised programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and all TNA Wrestling logos and trademarks are exclusive property of TNA Entertainment, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information, visit www.tnawrestling.com.

Spike TV is available in more than 89 million homes and is a division of MTV Networks. A unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), MTV Networks is one of the world?s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks, with more than 100 channels worldwide, owns and operates the following television programming services ? MTV: MUSIC TELEVISION, MTV2, VH1, mtvU, NICKELODEON, NICK at NITE, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV LAND, SPIKE TV, CMT, NOGGIN, VH1 CLASSIC, LOGO, MTVN INTERNATIONAL and THE DIGITAL SUITE FROM MTV NETWORKS, a package of 13 digital services, with all of these networks trademarks of MTV Networks. MTV Networks connects with its audiences through its robust consumer products businesses and its more than 95 interactive properties worldwide, including online, broadband, wireless and interactive television services and also has licensing agreements, joint ventures, and syndication deals whereby all of its programming services can be seen worldwide.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4268 on: February 06, 2006, 01:59:29 PM »

ITV should pick up TNA for the early hours of the morning.  Cool

Wouldn't be too hard to buy it from TWC now, would it...?

They'd never do it though,

fascists!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4269 on: February 06, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »

ITV should pick up TNA for the early hours of the morning.? Cool
They used to be cool, British Wrestling, WCW.......

...Wait is that cool?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #4270 on: February 06, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »

Well, any wrestling is better than no wrestling!

Or...

No, wait. No, that's not true at all. No, that,

that's not cool.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4271 on: February 06, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »

that's not cool.
This is cool, it's the coolest thing Candice Michelle has ever done.....

http://www.youtube.com/w/candice-michelle?v=C24dtAlGOdc&search=candice%20michelle

http://www.youtube.com/w/candice-michelle-part2?v=KPaCwKDm2vY&search=candice%20michelle

And you thought Vince employed her for her wrestling ability hihi

TNA held a press conference with their workers today to announce that Impact will be moving to Thursdays at 9PM ET on April 13th. The big news from the conference is that Impact will still hold on to their current Saturday timeslot with the replay airing then. No word on what will happen to the current Monday replay slot.

Other notes:

- There are no current plans for another TNA TV show.

- Dixie Carter said the deal with SpikeTV took just a few weeks and that SpikeTV has been a wonderful partner.

- She said Impact will remain one hour for now and said she understands that workers feel rushed and feel as if they don't have enough time but it is important for them to stick to their schedule because eventually they will be live and everyone will have to stick to their allocated time.

- Carter said the Final Resolution PPV delivered the highest buyrate in company history.

- Carter told everyone not to believe everything they read on the internet and added that Sting was brought in to help bring in a new audience and provide some rub to the rest of TNA's talent.

- Bob Carter said TNA was one of the best investments he ever made.

It's interesting to note that TNA will go head-to-head with WWE in Canada, against the second hour of Smackdown.  I hope we can get our hands on some of the Canadian ratings numbers to see how the shows do against each other.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:43:07 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4272 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »

This thread also probably has the lowest ammount of individual poster replies,

ever!

And long may that stay!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4273 on: February 06, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

....Awesome!

What??.....

Fuck no...how did you get "I like the Dicks too" out of my post? Tongue

Easily gayest/worst gimmick/team since the Heartthrobs...

Until the Spirit Squad.. nervous

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #4274 on: February 06, 2006, 05:52:02 PM »

Spirit Squad are okay!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4275 on: February 06, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »

....Awesome!

What??.....

Fuck no...how did you get "I like the Dicks too" out of my post? Tongue
Because you said i hacked into your computer and posted your smackdown review (a review which mentioned a liking for The Dicks Wink)

Spirit Squad are okay!
nervous confused Now i know why you don't take drugs, your already off your head....

...Edit: Can't believe nobody has commented on those fab Candice Michelle links...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 06:13:22 PM by Stoned » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4276 on: February 06, 2006, 06:17:40 PM »

Because you said i hacked into your computer and posted your smackdown review (a review which mentioned a liking for The Dicks

Nah, I was just implying that our match reviews and overall impression of the show, particular Rey and Randy was dead on...

You crossed the line with the Dicks though....

Spirit Squad are okay!

...So are drugs.. Tongue

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4277 on: February 06, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »

Spirit Squad are okay!
...So are drugs.. Tongue
So are The Dicks Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #4278 on: February 06, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »

The Dicks should turn face and become the Richards or some shite like that. They are a decent tag team but will never get a chance to show it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4279 on: February 06, 2006, 09:49:50 PM »

Here's a brief update on the possible Edge/Mick Foley feud. Mick and me share the same concerns about Edge's future it would appear:

It looks as though they're starting some kind of feud between Mick Foley and Edge over at WWE.com. In his weekly blog last week, Foley wrote, "Okay, I hate to end ?Foley is BLOG? on a down note, but after watching the Royal Rumble on Sunday, I couldn?t help but feel that I?d been witness to the beginning of the decline of Edge?s career. I give him all the credit in the world for climbing the mountaintop ? a feat many never envisioned for him ? and one he accomplished through hard work and a history of great matches. But I?m not sure if Edge will ever make it to the top again. And that?s sad. For in my opinion, Edge didn?t fall off that mountaintop; he was pushed." That could become a storyline down the road to set up a feud with the two, if Foley were to entertain the idea of a return

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: