Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836533 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4180 on: February 01, 2006, 12:20:08 PM »

The marble floor is there because it's easier to wipe HHH's water sprays up, than if they had carpet.

I still find it funny as hell that all his entrance really is, is him spitting water in people's faces, yet it gets everyone so fucking pumped!

When I was at Wrestlemania 18 and he was the main eventer, and did that entrance, not a single person in the SkyDome wasn't on there feet screamin' their lungs out.. ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4181 on: February 01, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »

Look out for the Highlanders! They look stupid but the accents save 'em? Cheesy
Robbie and Rory McAllister, The Highlanders, are on the verge of being called up after the creative team liked their promos. Their gimmick are "Scottish Bushwhackers." They are actually long-time Canadian indie wrestlers who were signed to developmental deals last year.

rofl There about as Scottish as Roddy Piper.....

....shame Evo, shame....

WWE officially signed Goldust to a new deal on Monday, so he's back with the Raw roster fulltime.

WWE also officially signed Eric (last name currently unknown), who will be portraying one third of Orlando Jordan's new bisexual triangle, last Friday. He was backstage at Smackdown a few weeks ago. He has no prior experience working in the wrestling business and is a close friend of Jordan's from outside of wrestling who lives in Florida. The current plan is to put Jordan, Eric, and former TNA star Trinity together within WWE storylines.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 02:53:12 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4182 on: February 01, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

Look out for the Highlanders! They look stupid but the accents save 'em  Cheesy
Robbie and Rory McAllister, The Highlanders, are on the verge of being called up after the creative team liked their promos. Their gimmick are "Scottish Bushwhackers." They are actually long-time Canadian indie wrestlers who were signed to developmental deals last year.

rofl There about as Scottish as Roddy Piper.....

Nah. They are actually from Oban. But moved to Canada to follow their wrestling career. The interview i posted of them a while back says that.

The scottish wrestlers dream lives on!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4183 on: February 01, 2006, 04:05:28 PM »

Shocked

Looks like Papa Vince is head over heels in shit!!!

A report today in the Palm Beach Post claims a tanning booth attendant in the Tanzabar tanning salon in Boca Raton lists Vince McMahon as having groped her and sexually harrassed her.

The story claims the police report on the alleged incident will be made public later this week.

McMahon lives in Boca Raton at the Excelsior, but couldn't be reached for comments. His wife, Linda, called the claim "totally bizarre," and daughter Stephanie McMahon confirmed Vince goes to that tanning bed, but was not aware of anything going on.

The complete story is available online at palmbeachpost.com.

Doesn't surprise me..I always knew his creepiness around the Divas wasn't just an act.. Roll Eyes

On last night?s edition of RAW, Triple H used Eddie?s name to create more heat in his current storyline. In the future WWE?s Creative team will be using Eddie to stimulate more heat in storylines.

That's not only low, and disrespectful...but just fuckin' wrong.

If they put the "Eddie" thing into overkill, Im switching to TNA..

Im sorry but I grew up watching Eddie In WCW and I wont stand for that... rant

Apparently WWE had offered Sting a deal where he would work 12-15 dates a month with the company. However as we all know Sting signed with TNA, and turned down Vince?s offer. He recently stated that with three kids, working that kind of schedule is something he wouldn?t even consider. Sting is credited for helping TNA reach over 1.3 million viewers on this past Saturday's episode of TNA iMPACT, which is a new record for the company. Sting will be at tonight?s (Tuesday 1/31) iMPACT tapings for a follow-up announcement after saying "goodbye to the fans" at the Final Resolution PPV.

Good! I hope Sting ripped up the contract and threw it in Vince's face! You think with the Undertaker working only part-time, they'd sure as fuck offer a veteran like Sting the same kinda deal...cause then you know...he'd at least think it over.. Roll Eyes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #4184 on: February 01, 2006, 04:09:56 PM »

The Undertaker's current deal is a slap in the face to the likes of Shawn Michaels who work all year, every tv.

Vince......why? Linda should wake up!
Evolution
« Reply #4185 on: February 01, 2006, 04:16:51 PM »

On last night?s edition of RAW, Triple H used Eddie?s name to create more heat in his current storyline. In the future WWE?s Creative team will be using Eddie to stimulate more heat in storylines.

I hear on Smackdown the Eddie mentions are seriously distasteful. I hope they aren't too bad, but they should'nt be used at all  no
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4186 on: February 01, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »

I hear on Smackdown the Eddie mentions are seriously distasteful. I hope they aren't too bad, but they should'nt be used at all? no
I've read the spoilers, seriously if RAW pissed you off Smackdown will make you TEN times more pissed off firstly his constant mentions are not needed anyway, whether positive or negative.? He died, now it was awful and everyone was very upset but his name should not be used to further storylines or create heel heat.? Not only is what is going to be said on Smackdown sick it goes to show how stupid creative are, they lack talent so much that they have to bring up bullshit stuff like this to get heels heat, it's utter crap! rant
Evolution
« Reply #4187 on: February 01, 2006, 04:31:10 PM »

That doesn't sound good...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4188 on: February 01, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »

I've read the spoilers, seriously if RAW pissed you off Smackdown will make you TEN times more pissed off firstly his constant mentions are not needed anyway, whether positive or negative.  He died, now it was awful and everyone was very upset but his name should not be used to further storylines or create heel heat.  Not only is what is going to be said on Smackdown sick it goes to show how stupid creative are, they lack talent so much that they have to bring up bullshit stuff like this to get heels heat, it's utter crap!

Your damn right the constant mentions aren't needed. It shows a dire and pathetic lack of imagination and creative talent on both the writers and bookers part, for whats supposed to be simply "entertainment" at the end of the day.. Undecided

I remember back in the days of DX and such when heels didnt really need to say anything to get heat, they let there words do the talking: bad case and point, but how about Rikishi running down Stone Cold...sure it was a gay storyline but it generated a huge buzz! I dont think I missed a Raw or Smackdown after that incident for weeks..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4189 on: February 01, 2006, 07:15:59 PM »

I sure did.

In fact, I think that I stopped watching period, for a while, after that happened!

I could never get my head around why they had to do that. Truly dreadful storyline.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4190 on: February 01, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »

I've read the spoilers, seriously if RAW pissed you off Smackdown will make you TEN times more pissed off firstly his constant mentions are not needed anyway, whether positive or negative.? He died, now it was awful and everyone was very upset but his name should not be used to further storylines or create heel heat.? Not only is what is going to be said on Smackdown sick it goes to show how stupid creative are, they lack talent so much that they have to bring up bullshit stuff like this to get heels heat, it's utter crap!

Your damn right the constant mentions aren't needed. It shows a dire and pathetic lack of imagination and creative talent on both the writers and bookers part, for whats supposed to be simply "entertainment" at the end of the day.. Undecided

I remember back in the days of DX and such when heels didnt really need to say anything to get heat, they let there words do the talking: bad case and point, but how about Rikishi running down Stone Cold...sure it was a gay storyline but it generated a huge buzz! I dont think I missed a Raw or Smackdown after that incident for weeks..
Speaking of stupidity in storylines, after a wrestler dies because of drug problems over many years.....

.....after the company decides to bring in a testing policy.....

Vince Mcmahon as part of a 'storyline' says he wants to go back to the drugs, sex and rock n' roll style and wants back the pill-popping Shawn Michaels.....

.....it's so stupid, wrong and just in down right bad taste.
Evolution
« Reply #4191 on: February 01, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »

Wrestling isn't meant to be that complicated, nor so true to life. Of course true to life in more positive ways is great, but things like Eddie heat, Hassan and the Bret story don't need to be used.
Evolution
« Reply #4192 on: February 01, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

Vince Mcmahon as part of a 'storyline' says he wants to go back to the drugs, sex and rock n' roll style and wants back the pill-popping Shawn Michaels.....

Another good point. To be honest, i hope Vince gets fucked over this sex scandal. He deserves it after the shit he has pulled recently.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4193 on: February 01, 2006, 07:22:17 PM »

Another good point. To be honest, i hope Vince gets fucked over this sex scandal. He deserves it after the shit he has pulled recently.
A wise man once said the best way to get yourself over in wrestling is being true to yourself not trying to be someone your not........

.......Vince probably is the creepy pervert he portrays on TV
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4194 on: February 01, 2006, 07:24:13 PM »

Oh, something that I forgot to say the other day.

HHH being number 1 kind of ruined the Rumble a bit. Because I knew that even Triple H isn't big headed enough to make himself number 1 and then go on to win the damn thing.

Dead give away that he wasn't going to win....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4195 on: February 01, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »

The reason Shawn Micheals is a better wrestler than Kurt Angle is cause Shawn has done it longer, in different era's of wrestling and is also one of the greatest tag team wrestler's ever.

Kurt is definitely top 5 though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4196 on: February 01, 2006, 07:30:04 PM »

The reason Shawn Micheals is a better wrestler than Kurt Angle is cause Shawn has done it longer, in different era's of wrestling and is also one of the greatest tag team wrestler's ever.
Does that make Hulk Hogan better than both of them then?
Evolution
« Reply #4197 on: February 01, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »

It's pretty hard to choose D. One thing HBK has is that he feels kinda old school in the ring, yet  has subtly updated his ring style if you know what i mean. He fits perfectly with veterans like Triple H or new boys like Carlito.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4198 on: February 01, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »

Kurt is definitely top 5 though.

I think what you mean is you find Shawn Michaels more "entertaining" in the ring than Kurt Angle, because he is by no means a better wrestler than Kurt Angle, never has been, and probably never will be. It really doesn't matter if Shawn has been doing this for a year or 50 years, he's still in the career of professional wrestling ie: sports ENTERTAINMENT.

Kurt Angle competed in the Olympics in '96, did Shawn? No.

How come? Well I dunno...couldn't have been that great a wrestler if he's never competed at the Olympic level.

Kurt Angle is a wrestler in every sense of the word, or else he wouldnt have a gold medal to fuckin' show for it. What has Shawn had in his career? A gold belt he got to wear on TV...phenomenal..

Im not trying to rag on you, I just think its retarded whether you like Kurt or not, to downgrade him lower than Shawn Michaels...once again, I think you are distorting the abilities of both guys to your favor because you have a soft spot for Shawn...

The man even says Kurt is better, or at least "Phenomenal" in his his book for Christ's sake..

Please Evolution....the rich and powerful never go to prison no

I just hope he gets so much bad press he has too step down and let Shane O' Mac take over a wee bit early ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #4199 on: February 01, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »

Maybe not prison, but huge fines and whatnot.

Maybe TNA should parody it. Like the Vince and HHH skits they did.  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: