Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:39:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836776 times)
Evolution
« Reply #4120 on: January 29, 2006, 12:34:28 AM »

The thing about HBK is i think he plays the underdog role so well. Angle doesn't quite match it.
Evolution
« Reply #4121 on: January 29, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »

At Armageddon, Kid Kash quieted the critics by defeating Juventud to win the Cruiserweight Championship. On Jan. 29 at the Royal Rumble, Kash plans to silence his doubters one more time?only this time, he doesn?t know who his opponent will be.

On the Jan. 28 edition of Velocity on WWE.com, Kristal caught up with Kash backstage and announced that he would be defending the Cruiserweight Championship at the Royal Rumble in an Open Invitational Match. Despite not knowing who his opponent will be, or whether or not it will be just one opponent, Kash promised to keep the gold around his waist.

Will Kash be able to overcome the mystery and remain Cruiserweight Champion, or will this match be someone?s open invitation to the top? Tune in to the Royal Rumble on Jan. 29 to find out.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4122 on: January 29, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »

The thing about HBK is i think he plays the underdog role so well. Angle doesn't quite match it.
That's because he Kurt Friggin' Angle he's always been so well built and so brilliant he's never gonna be seen as an underdog, playing the role well doesn't make you better, just different.....
makane
Legend

« Reply #4123 on: January 29, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »

HBK aka Heart Break Hulk Hogan, "the underdog" who never looses. Hes a great performer, but he definitely should sometimes take some "shit" on himself, not always be the best in the end. (ie. the smackdown vs raw match, just ridiculous that HBK comes and knocks everyone out.)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4124 on: January 29, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »

Looks as though i have split the the wrestling thread right down the middle.  ok

Rock on!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4125 on: January 29, 2006, 12:34:01 PM »

HBK aka Heart Break Hulk Hogan, "the underdog" who never looses. Hes a great performer, but he definitely should sometimes take some "shit" on himself, not always be the best in the end. (ie. the smackdown vs raw match, just ridiculous that HBK comes and knocks everyone out.)
He's done the job to plenty of people helping to put them over since his return in 2002.....

Chris Benoit at back to back PPVs
Ric Flair on PPV
Randy Orton in singles action on PPV and in 2 Survivor Series matches
Edge on PPV
HHH several times on PPV

He's done the job plenty of times, there is a limit to how much you should do it, you do it too often and it damages the character and just makes the guy look shit......
Evolution
« Reply #4126 on: January 29, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »

Just been watching some TNA. Alex Shelley is emerging as a favourite of mine  ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4127 on: January 29, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »

Just been watching some TNA. Alex Shelley is emerging as a favourite of mine? ok
Yeah he's got that cocky look, pretty boy who thinks he's great and he backs it up in the ring to cos his technique is awesome he's a great star and i've been enjoying his 6 man matches with Austin Aries & Roderick Strong, he just needs a bit more time for his personality to emerge more.....
Evolution
« Reply #4128 on: January 29, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »

Yeah they make a good trio. Chris Sabin's new hairdo makes him look so different also.

Nostalgia moment earlier. The James Gang!  ok
Karma_Police
« Reply #4129 on: January 29, 2006, 06:27:58 PM »

He's done the job to plenty of people helping to put them over since his return in 2002.....

Chris Benoit at back to back PPVs
Ric Flair on PPV
Randy Orton in singles action on PPV and in 2 Survivor Series matches
Edge on PPV
HHH several times on PPV

He's done the job plenty of times, there is a limit to how much you should do it, you do it too often and it damages the character and just makes the guy look shit......

Exactly! he even jobbed to Hogan at Summerslam which was ridiculous. The Rock got over but Shawn can't. It's stupid to see Shawn beat Angle and then lose to Hogan. Shawn has done enough jobbing, give him credit for it. As uch as I love Bret Hart I don't think Bret would've ever agreed to do what Shawn has done over the last year or so.
Evolution
« Reply #4130 on: January 29, 2006, 06:29:35 PM »

Everyone jobs to Hogan. It's crazy. What good do WWE get out of it except a slightly higher buyrate? "Try hard all year and maybe you will be lucky enough to lose to an old man." Nice incentive  no
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4131 on: January 29, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »

Everyone jobs to Hogan. It's crazy. What good do WWE get out of it except a slightly higher buyrate? "Try hard all year and maybe you will be lucky enough to lose to an old man." Nice incentive? no
Well they were stupid enough to give him total power over all his matches.....

.....Shawn suggested originally they have 2 matches so they could win one each...

....Hogan liked the idea of 2 matches, only problem was he wanted to win both Roll Eyes
Karma_Police
« Reply #4132 on: January 29, 2006, 06:45:16 PM »

Everyone jobs to Hogan. It's crazy. What good do WWE get out of it except a slightly higher buyrate? "Try hard all year and maybe you will be lucky enough to lose to an old man." Nice incentive? no
Well they were stupid enough to give him total power over all his matches.....

.....Shawn suggested originally they have 2 matches so they could win one each...

....Hogan liked the idea of 2 matches, only problem was he wanted to win both Roll Eyes

What an idiot. So if Hogan has total control why'd he agree to lose to the Rock?  I loved how the next night on RAW after losing to Hogan, Shawn said Hogan was simply the better man, more agile and more athletic. What did he say.... he was cat like LOL!!! Even though he lost Shawn comes out the winner cause he made his point crystal clear and there's no counterpoint on Hogans part. Classic.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4133 on: January 29, 2006, 06:48:50 PM »

Apparently an incident involving The Undertaker and Bob Orton has been the talk of the locker room recently.
The PWTorch newsletter reports that The Undertaker recently threw a fit backstage when he found out that WWE officials apparently had knowledge that, as a teenager, Bob Orton had hepatitis and was told to bleed with Undertaker in the ring. Hepatitis apparently remains contagious for life.

That sounds pretty fucked up! If I was the Undertaker I woulda thrown a little more than a fit!

PWInsider is reporting that rumors are going around backstage that Rey Mysterio will be winning the Royal Rumble. However, the plan seems to be to have Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania. This could mean that Rey will lose his title shot before WrestleMania, or that one of the two plans have been changed.
Another match planned for WrestleMania is Undertaker vs. Mark Henry.

I figured Rey or Randy would be a strong possibility, but my $$ is still on HHH.

Mark vs. Taker would obviously be another squash match...I rather see Taker vs Boogeyman at the greatest spectacle of 'em all. I wonder if he will remain undefeated at Wrestlemania until he retires...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4134 on: January 29, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »

So if Hogan has total control why'd he agree to lose to the Rock?
Maybe he actually likes him.? Plus that was a different contract he was under then, although i'm unaware of the terms in that one.

PWInsider is reporting that rumors are going around backstage that Rey Mysterio will be winning the Royal Rumble. However, the plan seems to be to have Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania. This could mean that Rey will lose his title shot before WrestleMania, or that one of the two plans have been changed.
Another match planned for WrestleMania is Undertaker vs. Mark Henry.
I figured Rey or Randy would be a strong possibility, but my $$ is still on HHH.
Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer (the dude with the most reliable inside info...) reported the winner this year probably won't main event Wrestlemania, mmmmmm....

....the plot thickens

Edit: And The Rock may of defeated Hogan, but ask yourself, who really won.....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:00:26 PM by Stoned » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4135 on: January 29, 2006, 07:14:28 PM »

Man. I'm actually pretty excited about the Rumble.

All of the matches look fucking quality for a Rumble, and for the first time in years there are a ton of people that could win it. I'm really looking forward to it.

I mean, yeah, I'd say that pretty much all of the matches are easy to call...But Edge Cena, I feel, will bring a bit of a shock either way. And while we all know that Angle is going to win, I still think that match is going to be great. Henry's being used right and Angle is...Angle. If it was anybody else I would worry that it was going to be slow and boring...HHH? Batista? But it's Angle, we're in safe hands.  Smiley

Short of Ric Flair winning the Rumble, I think it's going to be great.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4136 on: January 29, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »

Well, I did a quick dash to the bank and I actually have the $ to order the Rumble this year so Im actually excited!

My Predictions:

Ashley over Mickie James

JBL over Boogeyman

Kurt Angle over Mark Henry

This one is the hardest to call but im gunna go with

Cena over Edge

Royal Rumble Winner: Rey Meysterio or HHH...Im undecided still Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Karma_Police
« Reply #4137 on: January 29, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »

Fuck! I planned on ordering the Rumble at my brother's house but it turns out there is an Oilers game on. Fucking Oilers! Roll Eyes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4138 on: January 29, 2006, 11:52:19 PM »

Royal Rumble 2006 Review

The Royal Rumble was pretty damn good.? We had an awesome opening cruiserweight match, at least by WWE standards, that shooting star press by Paul London was fantastic!? Plus we had a new champion, which was a mild shock since Kid Kash ain't had it long and i thought he was doing a good job, did they use the belt just to transfer Helms to Smackdown, is it that meaningless?

Next we had the Women's Match which managed to do one thing, make Trish look even more retarded, for fucks sake, kick the shit out of Mickie James already!

Boogeyman proved one thing, he can't wrestle! JBL brawled with him, slapped him about, the crowd were clearly getting bored and before you knew it, Boogeyman had hit the Pumphandle Slam and it was all over, basically a squash match.

Next we had, wait for it, the Rumble Match, i think this is the first time it has not been the last match since 1997, still not complaining because the match was really entertaining.? HHH and Rey Mysterio being No.1 & 2 carried it fairly well, they're were also good performances though from Carlito (playing the cowardly heel to perfection....), Rob Van Dam (Flying about kicking ass again....) & MNM (working well as a team, and being good cannon fodder making many other stars look good, Joey Mercury especially he's a damn good wrestler....).? We also had the returns of Tatanka (Still out of shape, but what the hell, he's cool....), Goldust (Well now his dad works for the company he should be back for good, well, he's a cool character....) & Eugene (I thought they were gonna fire him, i mean the gimmick is old, he should turn heel and tell the fans he was never retarded and he was faking just to get their sympathy and support but since they don't like him anymore, Fuck them! He could do his own Usual Suspects style thing hihi) Oh and if your wondering Rey Mysterio won in true underdog fashion, not to be offensive though but the Eddie Guerrero stuff is being way overdone.....

....Cena defeated Edge for the Gold in a solid match.? Cena's spectacular ring entrance alone basically gave away the result, now i don't agree with giving him the belt now, and it seems HHH vs. Cena is definate for Wrestlemania, but, it get's me points in the WWE Game hihi - Every cloud has a silver lining eh?

And Finally we had Kurt Angle vs. Mark Henry, it was no classic, hell it wasn't even that special, but i thought they tried their best and made the best out of a bad situation (Mark Henry), those chair shots were brutal.? Anyway Angle won.? What was interesting was Undertaker came out, shooting fireworks, or balls, or lightning, well his usual crazy stuff, this scared Angle (least i think he was scared...), 'Taker did the old 'belt round the waist motioning' - translation - 'Kurt i want a title shot at No Way Out', then with his final bolt of lightning he made the ring collapse.? Awesome. Fini!

So overall a solid show, i enjoyed it anyway ok
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 11:55:34 PM by Stoned » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4139 on: January 30, 2006, 02:26:16 AM »

Great PPV, they really swerved me at the end cause I was sure Orton would win.

I agree Stoned they are kind of milking the Guerrero death to the point where its almost exploiting the death instead of celebrating his life.

The rumble match was great, I was proud of RVD getting me some good solid points in the game. I am praying for an RVD vs HBK feud, that would be some awesome matches.

Edge vs Cena to me was a Raw match, nothing special

The Randy Orton vs Chris Benoit match at SMackdown was more of a PPV quality match than either of the main events.
Their match at Smackdown was like a WM match it was so great.

Rey is going to Wrestlemania but its shitty booking in a way cause he got pinned twice by Mark Henry two weeks in a row, so that booking made no sense.

Boogeyman sucks, they shouldve not let him wrestle and kept him doin crazy backstage shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: