Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 837207 times)
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4080 on: January 25, 2006, 05:26:58 PM »

Real good interview
With Jim Cornette. (And the link
Ain't part of haiku!) Grin

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articles/46103

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4081 on: January 25, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »

Settle a bet peeps. Repo Man or Gangrel?
Repo Man. Settled.

Awesome bit from that great interview McGann

JC: And you know the thing is, I feel it's a slap in the face to everyone in the business because I'm a big fan of Seinfeld and I love 24 and there is a lot of television shows over the past ten years that I'm a big fan of and love to sit and watch but I've written more hours of wrestling television over the past fifteen years than anybody standing here living and I don't claim to be able to write a single episode of those shows. So I don't know why people from that business feel like they can get into wrestling or more importantly, people who haven't been in that business feel like they can use wrestling as a stepping stone to do something else. I never wanted wrestling to be a stepping stone, this is what I wanted to do my whole life and I did it, and I'm proud of what I've done and I wouldn't mess with someone else's business and I really resent when they mess with mine.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:52:50 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #4082 on: January 25, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »

Gangrel  ok
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #4083 on: January 25, 2006, 06:05:31 PM »

erm Repo Man

(How was that Hammy?)? ?Grin

but seriously when he was Smash he ruled.  Gangrel had a great gimmick but wasnt used, he always looked limited in his wrestling skills.  Smash always ruled.

Evolution
« Reply #4084 on: January 25, 2006, 06:08:44 PM »

erm Repo Man

(How was that Hammy?)   Grin

What a swizz!
Karma_Police
« Reply #4085 on: January 25, 2006, 06:10:04 PM »

And to answer your question WWE offered Christian a new contract to resign, but he declined and headed to TNA. WWE's mistakes are TNA's gain once again!
Yeah but Christian ain't as good now, he's a face which doesn't work for him and he's lost his humour his promo's are nowhere near as good.......

The thing with Christian when he was near the end of his time in WWE was that even as a heal he was slightly a face. Kinda like Triple H. Everybody loved him but they knew they were supposed to boo him. Christian was big in Canada. The Captain Charisma, Canada's in the house was great. He's alot better than Edge in my opinion and always has been. Even when they were together.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #4086 on: January 25, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »

erm Repo Man

(How was that Hammy?)? ?Grin

What a swizz!

lol i know I was playing him up but if I had to seriously choose.....it would be Smash. ?But only as Smash. ?Repo Man had too much of a squeaky voice Wink

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4087 on: January 25, 2006, 06:14:35 PM »

And to answer your question WWE offered Christian a new contract to resign, but he declined and headed to TNA. WWE's mistakes are TNA's gain once again!
Yeah but Christian ain't as good now, he's a face which doesn't work for him and he's lost his humour his promo's are nowhere near as good.......

The thing with Christian when he was near the end of his time in WWE was that even as a heal he was slightly a face. Kinda like Triple H. Everybody loved him but they knew they were supposed to boo him. Christian was big in Canada. The Captain Charisma, Canada's in the house was great. He's alot better than Edge in my opinion and always has been. Even when they were together.
Christian worked better as a Tweener, as an all out face he, well, just seems to of lost(pardon the pun..) his edge.  He was so over, hell when they were in the UK and he was the heel against the supposed biggest face Batista, Christian got all the cheers, why they never pushed him to main event level i don't know, well i do.....it's cos he's not 'roided up and because creative is dumb.  And yes he was ALWAYS better than Edge but 'cos he wasn't bigger in size he never got the push to the top he should have.....what a joke Roll Eyes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4088 on: January 26, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »

So who's it gonna be?

Who's gonna win?

The obvious picks are Randy Orton & HHH, but they were part of the OLD plans.

I've read a few interesting theories as of late.

One is, as we all know, the 'favourites' in WWE eyes, Kane, Big Show, Lashley never win, whoever they tip to win you know definately won't.

Normally it's the underdog who has everything stacked against them.

Step forward Shawn Michaels, Vince has put everything in his way as a stumbling block, and chances are he'll make HBK the No.1 entry so he has NO CHANCE IN HELL of winning, but we all know people have a habit of overcoming the odds.....

....we also have Ric Flair who's been feuding with Edge and not to successfully, hell he's had his ass kicked throughout the feud.....

....now RAW ratings are up and big style they are doing real well at the moment, because of Edge's Title Reign? Maybe......

....so to take the title off him with all this momentum would be quite stupid.  So the theory i read basicly thinks that these 2 could square off at Wrestlemania since John Cena vs. HHH could still happen and they don't need a title involved to make it important.....

Anyway, like i said these are just theories/rumours i've read, but hey, it adds a bit more excitement to things since WWE hasn't exactly gone all out pushing the event......
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4089 on: January 26, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

Edge is the Champion...wow

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4090 on: January 26, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »

Edge is the Champion...wow

Yeah....back at Wrestlemania 21 they had:

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH: Edge defeated Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho & Shelton Benjamin & Christian & Kane..
They went straight into the crazy spot-after-spot action with well-choreographed stunts involving the Ladder..
Chris Benoit opened up his stitches after a flying headbutt onto Kane off the Ladder..
Chris Benoit climbed the ladder but Edge whacked his arm with a steel chair and climbed up the ladder..
Edge grabbed the briefcase and quickly bolted confidently with a euphoric smile on his face..

Being Mr. Money in the bank meant you could cash in your title shot at any point in the following year......

....he waited all the way until earlier this month at New Years Revolution shocking the Champ at the end of the show...

ELIMINATION CHAMBER:
Shawn Michaels entered the Elimination Chamber first..
John Cena entered the Elimination Chamber second..
Kurt Angle entered the Elimination Chamber..
Chris Masters entered the Elimination Chamber..
Carlito Cool entered the Elimination Chamber..
Shawn Michaels eliminated Kurt Angle after a superkick!
Kane entered the Elimination Chamber..
Chris Masters eliminated Kane with help from Carlito Cool!
Carlito Cool eliminated Shawn Michaels after a neckbreaker!
Carlito Cool eliminated Chris Masters when he double-crossed him!
John Cena eliminated Carlito Cool to win the match and retain his WWE title!

CONCLUSION: Vince McMahon + "Mr. Money in the Bank" Edge..
Vince McMahon came out and congradulated John Cena, but said the night was not over for Cena..
Vince McMahon announced that Edge had chosen to cash in his "Money in the Bank" title shot TONIGHT!

WWE TITLE MATCH: Edge defeated John Cena to win the WWE Championship!!!!!
The crowd became unglued when Edge pinned John Cena in about 2 minutes after a pair of Spears!
Evolution
« Reply #4091 on: January 26, 2006, 04:10:51 PM »

wwe.com reported that they would show the wrestlers picking their numbers online on Sunday afternoon. I guess they got ahead of themselves because...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/mrmcmahon
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4092 on: January 26, 2006, 06:05:09 PM »

wwe.com reported that they would show the wrestlers picking their numbers online on Sunday afternoon. I guess they got ahead of themselves because...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/mrmcmahon
Shows shit communication and planning within the company...... Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #4093 on: January 26, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »

wwe.com have a habit of this..
Karma_Police
« Reply #4094 on: January 26, 2006, 08:25:58 PM »

I don't know who will win the Royla Rumble but here's who I'd like to see win it:

1. HBK
2. Triple H
3. Chris Masters(Though having him main event WM22 might be a bit too soon for that.)
Evolution
« Reply #4095 on: January 26, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

Personally....i want Rey  ok
rgr1607
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4096 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:16 PM »

I just hope Triple H doesn't get the belt in the near future. Same for Cena (especially him). One has held it too many times, and the other had a very long and undeserved reign just recently.

Let Edge have it for a while (retain at WM against Triple H). Since he's been champion, the ratings have been huge (better in comparison to 2005, 2004 and 2003). I'm sure he has played a part in it, right? It can't be a mere coincidence.

I also hope Rey wins the Rumble and then becomes the World Heavyweight Champion at WrestleMania 22 in a triple threat match with Angle (as champion) and Benoit. That would be a classic.

Of course, none of this will probably happen, but I can dream...
Evolution
« Reply #4097 on: January 26, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »

I think Cena is gonna lost this Sunday. He got the upper hand on Raw. I'm pulling for Rey 100%. Reason is what momentum does Randy have? People like Lesnar, Benoit and Batista in recent years have had plenty. Orton has none at all.  no
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4098 on: January 27, 2006, 06:38:50 AM »

Personally....i want Rey? ok
Yep me to it would be the greatest underdog story in WWE history....

...if not him HBK

or to really shock me and keep me happy Simon Dean or Paul Birchill Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4099 on: January 27, 2006, 06:42:53 AM »

I think Cena is gonna lost this Sunday. He got the upper hand on Raw.
Treu but the weird thing is still Edge vs. HHH, Heel vs. Heel Huh

Oh and on Byte This Grisham said there would be one surprise entrant.....

....Tatanka maybe Undecided

Well i hope so, when he returned a few months back i was so annoyed and dissapointed cos he was so out of shape but from what i've read he's worked really hard and got himself back into shape so i say, bring him back!
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: