Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 04:30:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 837922 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #4000 on: January 17, 2006, 10:07:46 PM »

From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms with Heidenreich on his release from the company. WWE wishes Heidenreich the best in all his future endeavors.

As noted earlier, John Heidenreich was released from his WWE contract earlier today. According to sources, John checked himself into a hospital several weeks ago claiming he had an ear infection. When the agents went to check up on him and schedule him for the next house show loop, he claimed he couldn't do it anymore and didn't want to be on the road. He then flew home and hasn't been seen since.

Many backstage belie Heidenreich was dealing with some family issues. It may be a case of WWE releasing him so he can take care of some personal business and then return at some point in the future.

Road Warrior Animal is scheduled to work with Matt Hardy in the coming weeks.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4001 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »

I think HBK/Vince would be such a waste.  Shawn has had great matches on the last few Manias.  To waste him in a throw away match against Vince would be a shame.  I totally agree with you on Flair, D.  The guy's still a better worker than 90% of the guys on the roster.  I'd rather watch Flair than Masters, Kane, Edge, Carlito, and many others on the Raw roster...not that all the people I mentioned there are bad, but Flair is still one of the best.  Its good to se Heidenreich gone.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4002 on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:07 AM »

Ive never been a huge ric flair fan but I give the guy respect for being one of the greatest wrestler's ever.

He can still wrestle, he is still very very entertaining and he still puts asses in seats.

What young guy deserves main events right now?

Carlito isnt ready, masters isnt ready...

Ric like Rob said is still better than 90 percent of both rosters, I dont think age should have any factor in anything in life.

U guys just kinda made me mad with your comments on how he disgraces the IC title and how his ladder match will suck.

Thing is, U all wanted this match to suck, u all were goin on how bad it was gonna suck before u watched it, and trust me, I know cause I do it with sports, if u want someone to fail, and u want something to not be good, chances are, it is gonna suck to u but for the rest of us who give stuff the proper chance and allow ourselves to be entertained, it was a great match, very entertaining and I thought Ric and Edge both were incredible.

The way u judge stuff Stoned, If someone doesnt fall off the top of the HIAC twice, then they should just never have another HIAC match.

If someone cant fall off a ladder through 5 tables, they shouldnt have another TLC match.

HBK vs Scott Hall was great cause it was the first but I guarantee u there have been better ladder matches than that if u take away the bias.

I personally think the first TLC match was the greatest ladder match ever.

Its kinda like these people who will tell u how great Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair was and how it was one of the greatest matches ever etc etc.

U watch it and it bores the living fuck out of u but just cause people have been saying it for almost 20 years it somehow becomes factual.

Has there ever been a more exciting WM main even than Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior? NO, does that mean they should stop havin main events at WM?

Im not tryin to be a DICKHEAD SToned and everyone else so please dont get too offended and mad at me, Im just passionate about this and no u cant ignore past matches but everything doesnt have to live up to the past to be good now.

Matches are special for a reason, I mean how many greatest of all time matches have u ever seen?

If they happened every week they wouldnt be special.

Ive learned how to enjoy matches that arent the greatest of all time but that were entertaining anyway.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:32:12 AM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4003 on: January 18, 2006, 05:54:30 AM »

Ive never been a huge ric flair fan but I give the guy respect for being one of the greatest wrestler's ever.

He can still wrestle, he is still very very entertaining and he still puts asses in seats.

What young guy deserves main events right now?

Carlito isnt ready, masters isnt ready...

Ric like Rob said is still better than 90 percent of both rosters, I dont think age should have any factor in anything in life.

U guys just kinda made me mad with your comments on how he disgraces the IC title and how his ladder match will suck.

Thing is, U all wanted this match to suck, u all were goin on how bad it was gonna suck before u watched it, and trust me, I know cause I do it with sports, if u want someone to fail, and u want something to not be good, chances are, it is gonna suck to u but for the rest of us who give stuff the proper chance and allow ourselves to be entertained, it was a great match, very entertaining and I thought Ric and Edge both were incredible.

The way u judge stuff Stoned, If someone doesnt fall off the top of the HIAC twice, then they should just never have another HIAC match.

If someone cant fall off a ladder through 5 tables, they shouldnt have another TLC match.

HBK vs Scott Hall was great cause it was the first but I guarantee u there have been better ladder matches than that if u take away the bias.

I personally think the first TLC match was the greatest ladder match ever.

Its kinda like these people who will tell u how great Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair was and how it was one of the greatest matches ever etc etc.

U watch it and it bores the living fuck out of u but just cause people have been saying it for almost 20 years it somehow becomes factual.

Has there ever been a more exciting WM main even than Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior? NO, does that mean they should stop havin main events at WM?

Im not tryin to be a DICKHEAD SToned and everyone else so please dont get too offended and mad at me, Im just passionate about this and no u cant ignore past matches but everything doesnt have to live up to the past to be good now.

Matches are special for a reason, I mean how many greatest of all time matches have u ever seen?

If they happened every week they wouldnt be special.

Ive learned how to enjoy matches that arent the greatest of all time but that were entertaining anyway.
Flair doesn't disgrace the IC Title, the lack of feuds over it do, even the title matches for it haven't really been for the belt, hell HHH pissed all over that belt he did not give shit about it and made that quite apparent, if you'll remember when he won the belt i credited him for a decent match and giving some much needed meaning back to the title (with his speech at the end about how much it meant to him...).  As for youngsters, the problem with their not being one's as good is because creative don't give them any good storylines/gimmicks etc. to get over and many are brought up before there ready..........

......like i said i seriously was not keen on the match, i do still believe HBK vs. Razor Ramon to be the greatest Ladder Match because it incorporated the weapon in while still be a wonderful match from a wrestling point of view it was worked so well, it was not based around a few high spots, there were no sick jumps or at least not by today's standards.  My criticism with Flair/Edge and having seen it all before was simple, as i noted the match was centered around a FEW spots and these, other than the Edge thing were nothing special, what annoyed, specifically, was how the rest of the match sucked, point is a match should not just be centered round a few spots and if it is they better be damn holy shit out of this world.  Now this is just my opinion dude, i may be critical, but hell i've had it all in this thread, you know i'm passionate, i mean i've been criticised for OVER RATING stuff before, i just say what i think dude, like i do happen to like Steamboat vs. Flair Wink and i will be the first to by the new Flair DVD

.....Anyway dude, i respect what your saying, hell we all see things differently, it would be kind of boring if we all agreed but i stand by what i'm saying, Flair being better than 90% of the roster just shows how poor the roster is Tongue

I hope you see my point about the ladder matches, working a great wrestling match into it or a plain old entertaining match is fine, but i feel and this is just my view it was centered round a few things and most of it was lacking.......

......Anyway moving on, Heidenreich, gone, oooo, someone a man down in the WWE Game hihi

Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hardy, Oooooooooo, What A Rush! Tongue
makane
Legend

« Reply #4004 on: January 18, 2006, 08:26:26 AM »

God, why didn't they fire the fat ass Roadwarrior Animal too, no one get's the rush.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4005 on: January 18, 2006, 12:41:32 PM »

God, why didn't they fire the fat ass Roadwarrior Animal too, no one get's the rush.
Hopefully they will soon, although for his age he is amazing and there is nobody better Tongue.......

....seriously though, fire him!
makane
Legend

« Reply #4006 on: January 18, 2006, 01:47:34 PM »

Who do you guys think should be FIRED?

My list:

Tomko
Viscera
Roadwarrior Animal
John Cena
Mark Henry
Val Venis
The Dicks
Scotty 2 Hotty
Sylvan
Hulk Hogan for good
Rosey
Nature Old Man

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4007 on: January 18, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »

Val Venis
The Dicks

I agree with all the guys you mentioned but those.  Venis is still one of the best workers on the roster, he may have an old gimmick but as an actual wrestler he's damn good, if they repackaged him they could do great things with him again.  The Dicks may have a shit gimmick but they are also decent wrestlers, a proper tag team, great chemistry together i'd keep 'em and in a way the gimmick is so shit it's good hihi

I would also add Vito to the list, why the hell sack Palumbo and Stamboli then bring in somebody less talented to effectively do exactly the same thing they'd been doing......
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4008 on: January 18, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

No offense to my wrestling pals but I think Ric Flair delivered an ENORMOUS FUCK YOU to his critics on here.

U guys need to realize that Ric is almost 60 years old, Sure the ladder match wasnt Micheals/Hall but for Ric's first ever Ladder match, and considering how bad most of u thought it was gonna be, this damn thing was phenomenal.

A few times it made my stomach drop and Ive been watching wrestling forever.

Ric took bumps at damn near 60 years old that very few wrestlers on the roster would take anymore.

Give this guy some respect please.

Is it just me or is Flair's bleeding becoming so fake to the point where I am pissed drunk watching raw and can't believe it for a second.  It's terrible acting when all his grey/white hair is turned completely red over and over again.  I think he really needs to cut back on the fake blood.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #4009 on: January 18, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »

My list:

Tomko -YES
Viscera YES his gimicks are so pointless and he is a terrible actor.
Roadwarrior Animal- I feel bad for the guy, he isn't made for singles action and ever sense Hawk passed away him trotting around with the newest flavor of the week pretending to be the LOD is about as cool as Dan Akroyd trotting around with John Good or Jim Belushi pretending to be the Blue Brotehrs give it up.
John Cena. YES horrible actor and gimmick.  Not to mention his rapping is about on par with Macho Man.
Mark Henry He's still around
Hulk Hogan for good Hell yeah.  They bring him back too often. Maybe seeing him once a year or two would be ok.

Nature Old Man- Hell yeah make him atleast defend his title more often. I am tired of seeing his hair turn completely red from fake blood.  He doesn't sell his act that well anymore. 

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #4010 on: January 18, 2006, 03:40:51 PM »

Tomko:  Yes, he's garbage.
Viscera:  At least Big Vis has some comedic value, but he damn sure shouldn't be feuding with Shelton.  Not that I'd really care if he was fired.
Roadwarrior Animal:  Yes, his glory days are long gone.
John Cena:  No, I don't like Cena, but he does have potential.  Firstly he's still a huge money maker, and you don't fire guys who make that kinda money for you.  If he improved in the ring he'd be ok with me.
Mark Henry:  They should've fired him years and years ago.
Val Venis:  No, Val can still put on good matches.  He could make Heat watchable if he didn't fight Viscera and Tomko every week.
The Dicks:  Haven't seen them yet so I can't comment.
Scotty 2 Hotty:  Same as I said for Val.  He can still work.  His matches on Velocity against Jamie Noble have been good.  I'd keep him.
Sylvan:  No, I'd team him back up with Conway since they were a half way decent tag team, and WWE really needs a few more of them.
Hulk Hogan for good:  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosey:  No, I'd team him back up with the newly rehired Jamal and make them John Cena's badass rapper posse.
Nature Old Man:  Fire Ric Flair?  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Its been said already, but he's still one of the best workers on the roster, he still gets the crowd off their feet just by being there, he's still great on the mic...Ric Flair should stick around as long as he pleases.  He's the man.

So of that list there's 4 I'd definitely fire, 1 I could go either way, 1 I haven't seen yet, and 6 I'd keep.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #4011 on: January 18, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

Im too hard on the trigger  Cheesy

Evolution
« Reply #4012 on: January 18, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

It was'nt the greatest ladder match ever, but i quite enjoyed it. Wasn't as shit as i expected.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4013 on: January 18, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

Im back in the Wrestling thread ok

The preview for next week's Raw is up now:

More momentum is expected to take off on this week?s edition of RAW. Last night on RAW just when you thought John Cena was going to escape the Master Lock Challenge, Edge made a vicious attack by swiping Cena in the head with the WWE Championship belt just only resulting with Cena taking avantage after Edge?s defense in his TLC match against Flair in a attack of his own.
With Royal Rumble just around the corner, we are going to have to see more drama as it unfolds.
Also last night we got to see Mickie Jame?s obsession with Trish Stratus further. During their match up against Victoria, Torrie & Candice, Mickie attacked her own tag-team partner, Ashley. How much longer will Trish put up with Mickie?s actions?
Also on RAW, Triple H came out during Big Show?s match to battle it out with him causing Shelton Benjamin to get a win over him. Are these two going to put their bitter rivalry behind, or will it go on to the Royal Rumble?

Looks like Bret Hart vs. Vince is most definately not happening, I only wonder if Vince convinced him too at least interfere in his and Michaels 'Mania match?

When WWE approached Bret Hart about doing a match against Vince McMahon, they told him that it could be the biggest money match in history to try and lure him into it. Despite this and other sweet talking attempts, Hart declined and left for Italy to spend time with his wife.

Looks like WWE has also signed a new athlete and a new Diva (like we needed more of those)...

Today, WWE officials Dean Malenko and John Laurinaitis were in Lousville, Kentucky evaluating talent at Ohio Valley Wrestling. While in attendance, they signed manager Kara Slice, and Cliff ?Domino? Compton to developmental deals.
Cliff has been known to do a hysterical impression of comedian Andrew "Dice" Clay. While in training, Cliff has been training with Jimmy Snuka?s son, Deuce Shade. Cliff is originally from the Northeast and trained at the Monster Factory in New Jersey. He's worked for a number of Northeastern Indy companies including Afa's WXW in Pennsylvania
The new Diva that was sign, Kara Slice, has been working as a valet in the Northeast for some time and moved to OVW a few months ago hoping to earn a developmental contract. Kara?s gimmick includes her on roller skates, like the ones that car-hop waitress wear.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #4014 on: January 19, 2006, 08:03:02 AM »

At the moment Nmn are really getting on my nerves especially melina,look at what she has now done to Batista

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4015 on: January 19, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »

Juvi is claiming
He was fired because of
Expired visa.

He said that the fed
Is all set to take him back
When visa's cleared up.

He needs to cut back
On the mind-altering drugs!
Delusional man!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4016 on: January 19, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

Is it just me or is Flair's bleeding becoming so fake to the point where I am pissed drunk watching raw and can't believe it for a second.? It's terrible acting when all his grey/white hair is turned completely red over and over again.? I think he really needs to cut back on the fake blood.

They use fake blood?  Huh

I think you will find that like all the other wrestlers, he blades himself.

Easy mistake to make, i thought the same 15 years ago...i think around that time though, they always used to bleed from the mouth, and i believe they used blood bags and burst them when it was time.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4017 on: January 19, 2006, 04:45:19 PM »

And why in the blue hell did Kurt Angle say that he was gonna be negotiating his new contract on Raw with Eric Bischoff?

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4018 on: January 19, 2006, 05:23:33 PM »

And why in the blue hell did Kurt Angle say that he was gonna be negotiating his new contract on Raw with Eric Bischoff?

mistake?

or maybe he was referring to when eric was in charge

That's a hatrick for Doull
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4019 on: January 19, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »

He was referring to January 1st when his contract on Raw was up.

Im just astounded that he would make a mistake like that, hes normally perfect on the Mic.

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: