Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 06:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 839368 times)
Evolution
« Reply #3680 on: January 01, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Pretty good idea. I used to consider Sunday Night Heat and Metal back in the day, as your "b-show" idea. I enjoyed watching people like Al Snow, Taka Michinoku, Essa Rios have decent matches and actually be given time to wrestle a proper bout.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3681 on: January 01, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

Pretty good idea. I used to consider Sunday Night Heat and Metal back in the day, as your "b-show" idea. I enjoyed watching people like Al Snow, Taka Michinoku, Essa Rios have decent matches and actually be given time to wrestle a proper bout.
Remember they used to actually have.....

....Title Changes on Heat Shocked

They should have an ALL Cruiserweight show!

And what's with all the boring cruiserweight stuff, have they ever let that division have a weapons match or something?

Imagine this at Royal Rumble:

Kid Kash vs Juventud vs Jamie Noble vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Bong Buster Bundy Tongue In a 6-Way TLC Elimination Match.  In one match WWE could get over a division that has never been properly over.....
Evolution
« Reply #3682 on: January 01, 2006, 09:00:53 PM »

Velocity should be the Cruiserweight show.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3683 on: January 01, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

Velocity should be the Cruiserweight show.
It kinda is but it should be a good one.....

Storylines, matches, fuck recaps from Smackdown....
Evolution
« Reply #3684 on: January 01, 2006, 10:45:24 PM »

They could have a month long tournament for a Royal Rumble spot. Instead of a rushed fatal 4 way on the SD before the PPV like last year
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3685 on: January 01, 2006, 11:31:02 PM »

I remember when the world title use to change hands on Raw, that made it feel like anything can happen.

Now if u see a world title match as the main event, there is no point in watching cause u know its not switching hands automatically.

remember when Shawn micheals/bret hart and the Undertaker were feuding for the world title and u had Stone cold and the Rock fighting like hell over the IC belt?

I like what Jim was sayin about the ranks etc.

also they stopped listening to the fans.

If they had listened to the fans RVD wouldve won the belt when the invasion angle was goin on, but instead they fucked him over, told him to tone down his style, let Shane O mac steal his amazing move and cheapen it thus burying RVD's career.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #3686 on: January 01, 2006, 11:35:39 PM »

I read in a wrestling magazine a suggestion of having a league of sorts. Points for a win etc. Makes it look more like a real sport. Plus every match has an effect for the PPV and fans can see someone going up the ranking and accept their push more. Leading to more over wrestlers and hotter crowds.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3687 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:02 AM »

Who ya gunna vote for in 2008? Vinnie Mac that's who..

"Yahoo is featuring an overview of the 2008 election and lists about 50 potential candidates. The list consisted of names like Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Mark Warner, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, George Pataki, and even Condoleezza Rice. They also listed CEO of the WWE, Vince McMahon. This was not to be taken as a joke. Ventura?s name also made the cut as well.

Currently featuring in the New York Post is a note from Hulk Hogan saying his New Year?s Resolution is to get back into wrestling shape and to add more animals to the family."

Hulk should have made that next year's revolution since that beer belly aint never coming off now..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #3688 on: January 02, 2006, 06:10:54 AM »

I read in a wrestling magazine a suggestion of having a league of sorts. Points for a win etc. Makes it look more like a real sport. Plus every match has an effect for the PPV and fans can see someone going up the ranking and accept their push more. Leading to more over wrestlers and hotter crowds.

Bah, that means nothing. You don't need a scorecard to keep track. Since everything is predetermined, it's all pointless. Remember WCW's attempts at Goldberg's winning streak? Or Sid's? It was just a meaningless number, if WWE kept standings, they'd be rigged and meaningless too.

What they need to do most is let the guys go, listen to the fans and not worry so much about storylines. If the match is good, people don't care what the reason for the match was.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3689 on: January 02, 2006, 10:14:49 AM »

If they had listened to the fans RVD wouldve won the belt when the invasion angle was goin on, but instead they fucked him over, told him to tone down his style, let Shane O mac steal his amazing move and cheapen it thus burying RVD's career.
Haha, i must of heard you mentioned that 100 times already hihi That must really of pissed you off. 'Tis true though, he was over way way big then, i was a 100% fan but my liking for him has dwindled (And although it's not his fault...) the poor booking he's been involved him has made his character seem a total bore, and that includes his in-ring moves where his repetoire has become repetitive (blame that on the limited style WWE impliments...)

What they need to do most is let the guys go, listen to the fans and not worry so much about storylines. If the match is good, people don't care what the reason for the match was.
Yes they do.  Storylines are needed to sell PPV's people watch matches because there IS a reason for them and some MEANING.  The PPV's with the LOWEST buyrates are those which have had fuck all put into the storylines and the matches have no meaning therefore fuck all people buy, it's about finding the right people.....

.....TNA for example has a wonderful X Division, with fuckin' amazing wrestling, but the reason it doesn't attract more viewers is because so many of them are berefit of a personality.....

I'm also against this points/ranks things.  It doesn't need to be that obvious.  It just needs to be mentioned, as if to imply the people in charge are taking note.  I remember listening to Gorilla Monsoon 'This could be Demolition's lost shot at the tag team championships for a while, if they lose this they slip right back to the bottom of the ranks....) And stuff like that was true, you needed winning streaks to get title shots.  A prime example is the late Eddie Guerrero.  He lost about 10 matches in a row to Rey Mysterio, then beat him once and became No.1 Contender.....

....Very stupid booking no
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3690 on: January 02, 2006, 11:24:01 AM »

I'm also impressed that with all your drinking you can still avoid making any typo's, that's a talent i still need to master....

What can I say...

...I'm a proof reader.? Grin

That thing was edited about five times...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #3691 on: January 02, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »

WWE have signed Dalip "Giant" Singh. He is legit 7"3 and 400lbs.

Any bets he is a one move slow bastard?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3692 on: January 02, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »

WWE have signed Dalip "Giant" Singh. He is legit 7"3 and 400lbs.

Any bets he is a one move slow bastard?
I see Giant Gonzalez discovered steroids Roll Eyes

....Wonder if he discovered talent as well...
Evolution
« Reply #3693 on: January 02, 2006, 02:31:35 PM »

Yo Stoned! Get on your direct connect thing and see if you can rustle up any of his matches in Japan eh?  Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3694 on: January 02, 2006, 02:45:37 PM »

Yo Stoned! Get on your direct connect thing and see if you can rustle up any of his matches in Japan eh?? Wink
I'd rather poke my eyes out with needles than see a Giant Gonzalez Wannabee Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #3695 on: January 02, 2006, 03:47:23 PM »

Is that a no?..... Tongue
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3696 on: January 02, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »

Oh, I forgot. I meant to ask yesterday.

Err.

Maybe I missed something. It's possible.

But.

How come New Years Revolution is on Sky Sports...

I thought that we were paying for everything this year?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3697 on: January 02, 2006, 04:54:18 PM »

Oh, I forgot. I meant to ask yesterday.

Err.

Maybe I missed something. It's possible.

But.

How come New Years Revolution is on Sky Sports...

I thought that we were paying for everything this year?
You serious? Ahhh blame Evo he's the one who told me Tongue
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3698 on: January 02, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »

Any one know when Tatanka will return to TV? Will it be on Raw?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3699 on: January 02, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »

Any one know when Tatanka will return to TV? Will it be on Raw?
I was wondering, not sure yet.  It should be RAW though.  Last i heard was he'd just started working House Shows for the RAW Brand, and he's said to look in much better shape now, i believe the match was Tatanka & Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito & The Coach (I think...)
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: