Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 09:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228543 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 840867 times)
Evolution
« Reply #3440 on: December 19, 2005, 12:01:54 AM »

R.I.P Tim "The Fighting Irishman" White.

We hardly knew ye  Cry
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3441 on: December 19, 2005, 12:28:53 AM »

I bought the Bret Hart DVD tonight, I am getting ready to watch it, I cant wait.

Ill give my review and thoughts on it when im done.

I dont wanna go back 10 pages, who else has it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #3442 on: December 19, 2005, 01:55:08 AM »

I've got the Hart DVD.  Its friggin' great...very thorough.  The selection of matches could've been a little better, but when you're picking from Bret Hart's matches you really can't go wrong.  Was that Tim White segment supposed to be funny or something?  Either way its completely moronic, but if they actually expected that to somehow make the HIAC more menacing then they've really insulted our inteligence.  I won't even mention how distasteful it is.  This entire Orton/Taker feud has just been ridiculously stupid.  The Taker gimmick is past its prime now anyway.  Then we were treated to somehow seeing Randy Orton's hallucinations on camera.  Not gonna even begin to explain how stupid that is.  And then we get this Tim White suicide thing.  I didn't see Armagedon, but picturing that segment in my mind its pretty funny albeit distasteful.  But I get the feeling it wasn't supposed to be serious.  I'm curious, how did Cole and Tazz react to that whole thing?  Its obvious these writers don't know jack shit about how to write a wrestling program.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #3443 on: December 19, 2005, 04:43:57 AM »

I'm curious, how did Cole and Tazz react to that whole thing?

They didn't.

Cole: "Ok..............here comes Juvi!"

Tazz: "The Juice!"
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3444 on: December 19, 2005, 05:05:43 AM »

WWE sent Josh Mathews down to Timmy White's pub. He looks blootered haha. Sounds like they are trying to use Tim to put over the harshness of HIAC(remember his injury in the 2002 HHH/Jericho cell match?). He mumbled something about his wife leaving him and having IBS, or loss of control of his bowels before pulling out a shotgun, seemingly to get rid of that prick Mathews, but instead he wandered off camera and ?commited suicide? to boos from the crowd. And NO, i am not making this rubbish up....? Undecided

Right so now WWE have introduced Suicide into its much maligned storyline's. Pathetic.

After watching my first TNA PPV last night, i have to say i was impressed at how they have come since the early days a couple of years ago.

They have a plethora of talent that they use how it is supposed to be....and if it was'nt for Double J, then id take it over WWE anyday.

The production needs a lot of work for TNA but they have a strong roster and i hope that they start with some houseshows and that we get a weekly slot for them over here in the UK on whatever channel they want.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3445 on: December 19, 2005, 06:35:15 AM »

The Bret Hart DVD was incredible.

Unbelievable how they started from when he was a kid and took u through wrestling in high school all the way to today.

very thorough and complete.

I like the match selection only cause some of the most high profile matches can already be viewed on countless DVDS whereas some of the ones on this collection are real obscure matches that I never even knew about.

Its hard for me to choose between bret and Shawn Micheals, I probably like HBK a tad more and Im buyin Shawn's book tomorrow so thats gonna be a great read and i cant wait to get his perspective on the Montreal incident.

Its a damn shame how poorly WCW used Bret Hart, I had totally forgotten until I watched this DVD tonight.

How bout this idea:

New Raw GM.......

Bret The Hitman Hart

How awesome would that be?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3446 on: December 19, 2005, 07:00:13 AM »

Armageddon was fair decent 'til the main event.  Benoit vs. Booker T was awesome and the interbrand tag match although short was fairly entertaining.  The HIAC sucked though.  I told you all ages ago that 'Taker was past it but many of you defended me, now do you believe me?  Seems the writing team realised the match was gonna be shit so to make it seem more vicious they had Tim White kill himself.  As for Cole/Tazz's reaction 'Did we just see that, er moving on....'.  You also had the customery blade jobs you see, juice big if you can't wrestle well Wink  The question is though why have the cell?  They used Steel Chairs, Steel Steps, A Table, An Urn.  Aside from the boring but always done scraping the face on the side of the cell it was barely used, apart from the odd time they threw each other into it or ran into it.  After such a lame match you hoped they were building up to a sick bump at least, but alas no, even when the door got opened (due to a ref bump...and blade job) it was only to let Cowboy Bob Orton in not to let the entertainment (if you can call it that......) come out and on to the top of the cell.  They made the mistake with the first few HIAC's having crazy bumps, now everyone hopes for them everytime they have one and without generally fans are left dissapointed.....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3447 on: December 19, 2005, 01:53:33 PM »

Armageddon was fair decent 'til the main event.? Benoit vs. Booker T was awesome and the interbrand tag match although short was fairly entertaining.? The HIAC sucked though.? I told you all ages ago that 'Taker was past it but many of you defended me, now do you believe me?? Seems the writing team realised the match was gonna be shit so to make it seem more vicious they had Tim White kill himself.? As for Cole/Tazz's reaction 'Did we just see that, er moving on....'.? You also had the customery blade jobs you see, juice big if you can't wrestle well Wink? The question is though why have the cell?? They used Steel Chairs, Steel Steps, A Table, An Urn.? Aside from the boring but always done scraping the face on the side of the cell it was barely used, apart from the odd time they threw each other into it or ran into it.? After such a lame match you hoped they were building up to a sick bump at least, but alas no, even when the door got opened (due to a ref bump...and blade job) it was only to let Cowboy Bob Orton in not to let the entertainment (if you can call it that......) come out and on to the top of the cell.? They made the mistake with the first few HIAC's having crazy bumps, now everyone hopes for them everytime they have one and without generally fans are left dissapointed.....

I came within an inch of ordering last night just for the Hell in a Cell match, but after that review Im certainly glad I didnt waste my 40 bucks and alot of weed hihi

Is this feud FIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNAALLLLYYY over now, or will the Legend Killer come after the Undertaker again? Both guys need to be in the title picture, not having rematch after rematch from their WM encounter. The HIAC matches have been getting tamer and tamer lately, and its just irritating when they hype the shit out of a match like this, and the cell is barely even used in the chaos. HHH vs Batista was a great HIAC match last June, I was expecting something on that level but I guess I woulda been sorely disappointed.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3448 on: December 19, 2005, 02:11:09 PM »

Armageddon was fair decent 'til the main event.? Benoit vs. Booker T was awesome and the interbrand tag match although short was fairly entertaining.? The HIAC sucked though.? I told you all ages ago that 'Taker was past it but many of you defended me, now do you believe me?? Seems the writing team realised the match was gonna be shit so to make it seem more vicious they had Tim White kill himself.? As for Cole/Tazz's reaction 'Did we just see that, er moving on....'.? You also had the customery blade jobs you see, juice big if you can't wrestle well Wink? The question is though why have the cell?? They used Steel Chairs, Steel Steps, A Table, An Urn.? Aside from the boring but always done scraping the face on the side of the cell it was barely used, apart from the odd time they threw each other into it or ran into it.? After such a lame match you hoped they were building up to a sick bump at least, but alas no, even when the door got opened (due to a ref bump...and blade job) it was only to let Cowboy Bob Orton in not to let the entertainment (if you can call it that......) come out and on to the top of the cell.? They made the mistake with the first few HIAC's having crazy bumps, now everyone hopes for them everytime they have one and without generally fans are left dissapointed.....

I came within an inch of ordering last night just for the Hell in a Cell match, but after that review Im certainly glad I didnt waste my 40 bucks and alot of weed hihi

Is this feud FIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNAALLLLYYY over now, or will the Legend Killer come after the Undertaker again? Both guys need to be in the title picture, not having rematch after rematch from their WM encounter. The HIAC matches have been getting tamer and tamer lately, and its just irritating when they hype the shit out of a match like this, and the cell is barely even used in the chaos. HHH vs Batista was a great HIAC match last June, I was expecting something on that level but I guess I woulda been sorely disappointed.
HHH is a great wrestler and can carry most, Orton ain't in his league yet that's why....

Yes i am pretty certain the feud is over word is Orton will be pushed towards the title now, possibly winning the Rumble and taking on Batista at Wrestlemania.....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3449 on: December 19, 2005, 02:48:59 PM »

Yes i am pretty certain the feud is over word is Orton will be pushed towards the title now, possibly winning the Rumble and taking on Batista at Wrestlemania.....

I think Rumble will come down to HHH and Orton. Poetic justice as both are former archenemies, and want the gold probably as much as the other.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3450 on: December 19, 2005, 02:56:09 PM »

I think Rumble will come down to HHH and Orton. Poetic justice as both are former archenemies, and want the gold probably as much as the other.
Yeah and then who ever is runner-up can claim a shot on their brand as the best representative of their respective show, or they'll just win a No.1 Contender Comp.

I'm still hoping for the miracle of HBK coming back to the top by winning it lastly eliminating Boogeyman with Sweet Chin Music smoking.....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3451 on: December 19, 2005, 03:22:59 PM »

I'm still hoping for the miracle of HBK coming back to the top by winning it lastly eliminating Boogeyman with Sweet Chin Music .....

Why cant HBK beat Cena at NYR in the elimination chamber like he beat HHH a few years back. Shawn can put on a hell of a match in the chamber and he deserves the strap helluva lot more than Cena.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3452 on: December 19, 2005, 03:30:33 PM »

I'm still hoping for the miracle of HBK coming back to the top by winning it lastly eliminating Boogeyman with Sweet Chin Music .....

Why cant HBK beat Cena at NYR in the elimination chamber like he beat HHH a few years back. Shawn can put on a hell of a match in the chamber and he deserves the strap helluva lot more than Cena.
The Icon that can still go....

After all his injuries and the fact he is way older he's still ten times the wrestler Cena is in the ring, on the mic, and with the fans to (since they are all turning on Cena....).  I wish he could get another run with the strap, he's a regular wrestler these days, it annoys the hell out of me when he jobs to shit like Cena.  The positive outlook though is he is a changed man, a good guy, a family man, happy to put over new and old talent alike.  Personally though i prefered him when he was an asshole, the arrogant heel, the don't lay down for nobody dude, then he was truly awesome!  Although if he had not turned his life around and found God he'd probably be dead since he had his fair share of addictions in the past....

...Anyway, Merry Christmas from Ol'HBK
Evolution
« Reply #3453 on: December 19, 2005, 04:11:35 PM »

Who was it that likened '95 HBK like Axl? You can really see it in that pic.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3454 on: December 19, 2005, 04:19:21 PM »

Who was it that likened '95 HBK like Axl? You can really see it in that pic.
Well i did at one point, both considered arrogant assholes, hated by many but both happen to be the greatest talents in their respective business, and also disappeared while in their prime only to return years later, one failed, one successed, hey and they both made their BIG, proper returns in 2002 Wink
Evolution
« Reply #3455 on: December 19, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »

Both rock the designer stubble look like no other!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3456 on: December 19, 2005, 06:45:23 PM »

Whose ready for Raw, live from Afghanistan tonight? Cheesy

Big Show vs. Carlito,
Santa Claus (Mick Foley) vs. Evil Santa (JBL),
John Cena vs. Chris Masters,
Ric Flair vs. Jonathan Coachman for the IC title,
Shelton Benjamin vs. Gene Snitsky.
Trish Stratus & Ashley vs. Maria & Candice Michelle,
& HHH vs. Shawn Michaels in a boot camp match...umm what is a boot camp match? Undecided

Other than that it should be a good night of viewing and heres hoping the hot climate forces the lovely Ashley into something more revealing Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3457 on: December 19, 2005, 06:48:40 PM »

Whose ready for Raw, live from Afghanistan tonight? Cheesy

Big Show vs. Carlito,
Santa Claus (Mick Foley) vs. Evil Santa (JBL),
John Cena vs. Chris Masters,
Ric Flair vs. Jonathan Coachman for the IC title,
Shelton Benjamin vs. Gene Snitsky.
Trish Stratus & Ashley vs. Maria & Candice Michelle,
& HHH vs. Shawn Michaels in a boot camp match...umm what is a boot camp match? Undecided

Other than that it should be a good night of viewing and heres hoping the hot climate forces the lovely Ashley into something more revealing Grin
Feck!

We here in the UK get some crappy best of instead, and i really wanted to see HBK vs HHH...

Here's some info on the latest WEIRD talent who should be debuting soon...

WWE developmental talent Ken Doane portrayed his new gimmick, in which he plays the leader of the "Spirit Squad" male cheerleader group, on the road with the RAW brand this weekend.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3458 on: December 19, 2005, 07:05:40 PM »

Sucks to be a UK viewer hihi

I just finished reading about that new hire..should be interesting i guess.

Also, Bischoff might not be sticking around to manage 3 Minute Warning, he could be gone for good.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3459 on: December 19, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »

Sucks to be a UK viewer hihi
True, i'll try and find somewhere to download it from, good news about being a UK viewer is we get a fair few of the PPVs for free Grin and this is the only RAW we haven't got this year so it's not all bad...

Also, Bischoff might not be sticking around to manage 3 Minute Warning, he could be gone for good.
Yeah i read that over at PWInsider.com in the Q & A section.....

What does the future hold for Eric Bischoff?

Something, that is for sure.  If nothing else, Bischoff is resilient.  As best as I can tell, he still has some time left on his WWE deal so he will get paid for a while from them.  As for his place in the storylines, originally I was told that the plan was for his removal from Raw as the GM would lead to him having a different role on the show.  I heard that he was told that as well, by Vince McMahon no less.  This past week at TV however, the story had changed and now people are telling me they expect him to be off of TV for a while, and maybe for good (or, at least as "for good" as anything is in WWE).  In the mean time, Bischoff will continue to work on other projects in the entertainment industry, which he has been doing for years now.  He has worked with former Wonder Years actor Jason Hervey for years now, doing reality TV projects and pitching other shows.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: