Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 11:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228543 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 840990 times)
Evolution
« Reply #3240 on: December 08, 2005, 05:20:31 PM »

Poor Tajiri.

Awesome avatar Stoned!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3241 on: December 08, 2005, 05:22:47 PM »

Poor Tajiri.
Exactly, the reason cited may be true but he's probably only going back because his passion has probably dwindled because he's been pissed around for the last for years....
Evolution
« Reply #3242 on: December 08, 2005, 06:11:07 PM »

I would be pissed.

Our man Kennedy's surgery went well.

Kennedy sidelined six months
By Evan Denbaum
December 7, 2005

On Tuesday, SmackDown Superstar Ken Kennedy underwent surgery to repair a tendon that was ripped clean off a bone in his back. WWE.com caught up with Kennedy convalescing at home to find out how he?s doing now.

WWE.com: How did the surgery go, and how are you feeling now?

Kennedy: I?m pretty achy, pretty sore. But the surgery went even better than they thought it would. The doctors said they got it really tight; the tendon re-attached perfectly to the bone, and they didn?t have to cut me open as much as they thought they?d have to cut me open.

WWE.com: What restrictions will you have during the recovery period?

Kennedy: I?m not allowed do to anything with my right hand for the next six weeks. So, that should be interesting. I?m not at all ambidextrous. I?m very right-handed, so I?ve been having a hard time doing anything. But I?m in a huge sling with a cuff that is attached to a cooler and it fills with cold water, so it?s pretty slick. My hand and wrist are Velcroed to my belly-button for the next six weeks. But I?m doing okay. I?m a little groggy still, obviously. I?m on pretty strong pain medication. Every once and a while it starts to wear off and I start to feel it, but what can you do?

WWE.com: What will you do to pass the time?

Kennedy: Well, I can?t play video games like I wanted to because I?m not allowed to use my right hand, so I?m a little bummed out about that. So, I?ve just been watching seasons 1-3 of The Shield on DVD.

WWE.com: When will you be able to get an update on your condition?

Kennedy: I have to go back in two weeks and see the surgeon again. But hopefully, they?ll tell me that since the surgery went so well that maybe my recovery time won?t be quite as long as they originally thought.

WWE.com: Will you have to take any special precautions once you return to the ring? Your finishing maneuver, for example, would seem to put a lot of impact on the surgically repaired areas.

Kennedy: Well, I won?t be able to do anything for six months, but once I?m ready to go back in the ring, I?ll be fully ready to go. I should be able to take a full swing at it.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3243 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »

Go! Go! Kennedy.....

....Kennedy....Here's to hoping he's back sooner than expected...

Kids, here's a chance of a lifetime, a link to glory, it's the Kip James aka Billy Gunn OFFICIAL message board, hell there's even a section where he answers fan questions, what a nice guy Grin

http://newpathproductions.com/kipboard/index.php
Evolution
« Reply #3244 on: December 08, 2005, 06:27:06 PM »

He will always be Mr. Ass to me  Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3245 on: December 08, 2005, 08:13:21 PM »

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE SUES JAY Z

Former pro wrestler Diamond Dallas Page is suing Jay-Z, claiming the hip-hop heavyweight has illegally adopted his trademark hand gesture ? the "Diamond Cutter" ? as his own.

The suit, filed in Los Angeles Federal Court on Friday,
accuses Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records of trademark and copyright infringement as well as misappropriation of the hand symbol. Page is seeking an injunction (meaning Jay-Z would be prohibited from using the gesture) and unspecified monetary damages.

Page's lawyer, George Gallegos, said Diamond Dallas (born Page Falkinberg) brought the legal action against the Def Jam CEO in order to protect his livelihood.

"People would come up to him and ask him if he was letting Jay-Z use it or if he had licensed it to him," Gallegos said of the symbol, which he claims his client created in 1996 and copyrighted years ago. "People [would also] say he's using Jay-Z's sign."

On the cover of Page's new book, "Yoga for Regular Guys: The Best Damn Workout on the Planet!," he can be seen sporting a T-shirt of the hand gesture. On his Web site, the same image can be seen above the words "A symbol of excellence since 1996."

Gallegos said he first took the hand-gesture matter directly to Jay's lawyers, but they were not receptive, saying that the real issue was how Diamond Dallas was using Jay's symbol inappropriately. Gallegos said he provided the rapper's people with magazine covers, various Dallas merchandise and video footage dating back to the mid-1990s showing Page throwing the "Cutter."

"If you look at [Jay-Z's] 'Encore' video you can see fans using the 'Diamond Cutter' sign, and in video of Diamond Dallas ... if you only looked at the fans from both those tapes, you'd think it's the same person performing," Gallegos said. "Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records use this symbol to promote themselves, to promote their artists, to promote their music and to promote their fanbase. People have come to recognize [Page by this symbol], and the way that it's being used by Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella is taking value away from it and creating confusion upon the public."

Jay-Z's attorney, Michael Guido, could not be reached for comment. Calls to Jay-Z's label for comment were not returned.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3246 on: December 08, 2005, 09:10:52 PM »

Go DDP!

Seriously though it seems people just sue for the hell of it these days and i don't really think it creates confusion amongst the public....

....on another note has anyone got HBK's autobiography yet? Being my No.1 wrestler of all time i really wanna get it (...and will) but i am always skeptical of these 'WWE' releases, so anyone have it? any feedback? anyone getting it? (I guess you are D, since you're a big fan to...)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 09:59:35 PM by Stoned » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3247 on: December 08, 2005, 11:13:53 PM »

I am definitely getting it, more than likely for Christmas, I went to Barnes and Nobles last week to preview it and couldnt find it anywhere though Huh But oh yeah, If I have to order it online I am definitely getting it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3248 on: December 08, 2005, 11:17:44 PM »

HBK says some pretty fucking crazy shit.

definitely  worth a read. ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3249 on: December 08, 2005, 11:23:32 PM »

HBK says some pretty fucking crazy shit.

definitely? worth a read. ok

I heard Bret Hart read the book because theres a lot of bashing wrongfully thrown his way. Ah well, HBK will always be an asshole in Bret's eyes.

By the way DDP always has and always will kick ass. Such a shame Vince never used him properly either no

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #3250 on: December 09, 2005, 10:49:43 AM »

I want to read Vince Russo's book. If he pulls no punches what a read that would make.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3251 on: December 09, 2005, 01:25:21 PM »

TNA TURNING POINT SPOILER ALERT

To add on to the report at TNAWrestlingNews.com, Gerwick.net is reporting that Sting's contract with TNA is for around one year and could be worth up to $500,000 although that sounds very high.

We can't confirm the rate of pay but can confirm that the talk backstage is that TNA has inked a deal with Steve 'Sting' Borden. The contract was finished either late Monday night or Tuesday morning. No word on if Sting will appear on the PPV (many believe he will) or if TNA will give a formal announcement.

Awesome news, if this is true i'll be so happy Grin

Evolution
« Reply #3252 on: December 09, 2005, 04:42:19 PM »

Nice one. Someone new to trade the belt with Jarrett  Grin
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3253 on: December 09, 2005, 04:56:01 PM »

Was Sting a member of the wolfpac?

A DVD detailing the history  of the NWO would own!  smoking smoking
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #3254 on: December 09, 2005, 05:14:38 PM »

fucking nice.

I fucking love sting .One of my forvorite wrestlers . In fact he is one of the reason I started Watching wrestling.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3255 on: December 09, 2005, 06:47:44 PM »

Was Sting a member of the wolfpac?
Yeah, he joined in '98

A DVD detailing the history? of the NWO would own!? smoking smoking
One exists, or at least it kind of does...

Released a few months after they joined WWE in 2002 for that ill-fated run....

This is a great DVD that covers the history of the most controversial and successful group in wrestling history from its formation in WCW to its emergence in WWF. The chapters are:

Hulk Hogan history
Razor Ramon historyDiesel history
Scott Hall on WCW Nitro 5/27/96
Kevin Nash on WCW Nitro 6/10/96
Bash at the Beach 7/7/96
nWo on Rampage
Hulk Hogan vs The Giant
Spray paint truck
The Giant joins nWo
nWo attacks Ric Flair
Bigger is Better?
Ric Flair's back!
Injecting poison
Poisoning the Federation nWo destroys The Rock
nWo wreaks havok
Wrestlemania X8-Scott Hall vs Stone Cold
Wrestlemania X8-Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs The Rock
nWo:The future?

I've never seen it so i don't know if it is that good, knowing WWE it may suck, also this will be harder to get since it was released under the WWF name....

The following contains a spoiler for TNA Turning Point.

PWInsider.com is reportin that TNA is looking at bringing in a few new faces over the next week or so, including Chris Kanyon who will be facing Raven at Turning Point. Kanyon will be the next person out of Raven?s past who will be brought in. It?s unknown whether he?s been signed to a deal or it?s just a one-night thing.

It looks like a few more will be brought in, but nobody is confirmed yet.

Awesome! than Kanyon eh? I'm a big fan of the guy, i hope he's signed to a full time contract WWE totally misused him the morons...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 07:11:54 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #3256 on: December 09, 2005, 07:31:26 PM »

I have that nWo thing on tape. It's alright but the DVD would be better for all the extras.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3257 on: December 09, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »

I have that nWo thing on tape. It's alright but the DVD would be better for all the extras.
Indeed i've been wanting to buy the thing since it came out, just never got round to it.

The theme they had was awesome one of the best ever, it's a partial Jimi Hendrix rip-off but i can never remember which song, i always put my Hendrix vinyl on here the tune and think nWo but i'm always to wasted to remember which one....anybody know? If not that's my mission for tomorrow...
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #3258 on: December 09, 2005, 08:51:57 PM »

Out of interest...

What do people think of TNA...?
Evolution
« Reply #3259 on: December 09, 2005, 08:59:23 PM »

Indeed i've been wanting to buy the thing since it came out, just never got round to it.

The theme they had was awesome one of the best ever, it's a partial Jimi Hendrix rip-off but i can never remember which song, i always put my Hendrix vinyl on here the tune and think nWo but i'm always to wasted to remember which one....anybody know? If not that's my mission for tomorrow...

It's Highway Chile.

As for TNA, exciting wrestling and hopefully competition in years to come  ok
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: