Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 05:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228546 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 841742 times)
Evolution
« Reply #3140 on: December 01, 2005, 05:21:50 PM »

They were just really stupid when they first signed him, to a very long, very iron clad, very well paying contract...

Ends in the next six months i think?

It's things like poor Tajiri. WWE gave him a three year extension. For what?? Just so he doesn't go to TNA and become an X-Division star.

And yeah Neemo The Hurricane is gone. Now known as Gregory Helms. As for The Rock he will never be full-time again. Hell, we would be lucky to get another match out of him.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3141 on: December 01, 2005, 05:28:11 PM »

They were just really stupid when they first signed him, to a very long, very iron clad, very well paying contract...
Ends in the next six months i think?
Well unless by some miracle he get's 'Over' for the first time in his career then he should be gone in.....

....6 months Grin

It's things like poor Tajiri. WWE gave him a three year extension. For what?? Just so he doesn't go to TNA and become an X-Division star.
He would be ace in that division as would RVD and well the entire cruiserweight division.  Fact is though these guys have familys and as The Million Dollar Man once said Everybody's Got A Price, that's the simple reason they are still around...
Evolution
« Reply #3142 on: December 01, 2005, 05:31:10 PM »

RVD Tongue What a waste. Oh well he has a programme with Carlito to look forward to coming back for.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3143 on: December 01, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »

RVD Tongue What a waste. Oh well he has a programme with Carlito to look forward to coming back for.
With the writing teams memory....  Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #3144 on: December 01, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »

They will change his gimmick to Right To Censor II or something. Fools.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3145 on: December 01, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »

This was coming, but interesting nonetheless:

"Although he recently signed a contract as a wrestler with TNA, Kevin Nash may retire from in-ring action. The health scare the night before his scheduled PPV match on October, brought on by anxiety from fear of potentially suffering an injury in the ring, may cause him to rethink any future returns to the ring. He did get clearance from a cardiologist that his heart is not in bad shape and he's not at risk of a heart attack just for wrestling, but other issues are weighing on him. Nash feared that he would suffer another injury early in his match against Jeff Jarrett on live PPV, remembering what happened in his last WWE run where he tore a quad on his first step inside the ring. Although he had a strong match with Jeff Jarrett on PPV earlier this year, he prepared much more for that match than his latest scheduled PPV match against Jarrett. That lack of preparation is what led to the fear, which manifested itself as a panic attack, that he wouldn't put in a good showing and might get hurt. Friends, though, say while he tries to downplay it, he has a passion for pro wrestling, watches tapes often in his freetime, and would like to be involved on and off camera for years to come in some capacity."

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #3146 on: December 01, 2005, 06:33:53 PM »

I feel kinda sorry for Nash. He catches a lot of shit, most deserved, but it's poor how he has to bow out of wrestling in this way.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3147 on: December 01, 2005, 06:42:06 PM »

I feel kinda sorry for Nash. He catches a lot of shit, most deserved, but it's poor how he has to bow out of wrestling in this way.
Well he wasn't going to bow out with a decent match was he.  The fact that his previous encounter with Jeff Jarrett was called solid is a joke in itself.  I wonder who's tapes he studies, Gillberg's, Blue Meanie's maybe...Back in the day he was medicore for a big man but post 2000 he's been downright awful! Glad to here it was nothing serious though, he was cool once and a talent on the mic but in ring.... no
Evolution
« Reply #3148 on: December 01, 2005, 06:52:07 PM »

Just hold on there Stoned. His match with....................em...........................................

...ah fuck it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3149 on: December 01, 2005, 08:58:19 PM »

Well he wasn't going to bow out with a decent match was he.? The fact that his previous encounter with Jeff Jarrett was called solid is a joke in itself.? I wonder who's tapes he studies, Gillberg's, Blue Meanie's maybe...Back in the day he was medicore for a big man but post 2000 he's been downright awful! Glad to here it was nothing serious though, he was cool once and a talent on the mic but in ring.... no

I still say you dont give Nash nearly the credit he is due, but just the same, it is tragic the way his career has now come to an end. I have a friend who gets really bad anxiety and its real scary when they get in that trance.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3150 on: December 01, 2005, 09:39:48 PM »

I still say you dont give Nash nearly the credit he is due
Credit:

Throughout most of his career he's played decent characters.  Diesel was somewhat of a success and he had a very long title reign (although he is the most unsuccessful WWF/E Champion ever....).  He was a founding member and a big part of the nWo which can be credited for WCW's success in the Monday Night Wars (to begin with that is...).  Until the last couple of years (mainly since he lost his hair...) he has/had been a great performer on the mic.  His chemistry with Scott Hall was great and he was for a number of years the epitomy of wrestling cool and for his limited wrestling skills it's a credit for him to get over like he did.  Giving the guy credit he's had a lot to work against, being as tall as he is and having had more than 10 lots of knee surgeries (from what i read...) before he even got into the business the dude has done fairly well.  Also i managed to find a match that was good at the In Your House Good Friends, Better Enemies Shawn Michaels defeated Diesel in a NO DQ match to retain the WWF Title! Infact the match was real good (thanks to HBK  Wink)

So there you go, a positive spin on it, and believe it or not i do like the guy, i just don't like to see people carry on when they have nothing left, he ran out of steam a long time ago, he's better served to stick with acting and i wish him all the best with that ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3151 on: December 01, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »

I still say you dont give Nash nearly the credit he is due
Credit:

Throughout most of his career he's played decent characters.? Diesel was somewhat of a success and he had a very long title reign (although he is the most unsuccessful WWF/E Champion ever....).? He was a founding member and a big part of the nWo which can be credited for WCW's success in the Monday Night Wars (to begin with that is...).? Until the last couple of years (mainly since he lost his hair...) he has/had been a great performer on the mic.? His chemistry with Scott Hall was great and he was for a number of years the epitomy of wrestling cool and for his limited wrestling skills it's a credit for him to get over like he did.? Giving the guy credit he's had a lot to work against, being as tall as he is and having had more than 10 lots of knee surgeries (from what i read...) before he even got into the business the dude has done fairly well.? Also i managed to find a match that was good at the In Your House Good Friends, Better Enemies Shawn Michaels defeated Diesel in a NO DQ match to retain the WWF Title! Infact the match was real good (thanks to HBK? Wink)

So there you go, a positive spin on it, and believe it or not i do like the guy, i just don't like to see people carry on when they have nothing left, he ran out of steam a long time ago, he's better served to stick with acting and i wish him all the best with that ok

There you go dude! Thats all it takes, a little investigating and you find the goods on any wrestler who may be in the pits these days. Ironically that match you brought up is my favorite Kevin Nash match though...its a small world, although I do have to admit HBK was mildly carrying him...certainly wasnt the case against Razer Ramon Wink Your right about the injuries though, last few years he's been a lightening rod for the knee problems, and maybe its bad to say but I would have rather an injury prompt the end of his career instead of a anxiety attack.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3152 on: December 01, 2005, 11:13:07 PM »

There you go dude! Thats all it takes, a little investigating and you find the goods on any wrestler who may be in the pits these days.
Yeah well i already knew all that stuff.  It's just these days i really am sick of him in the ring and for all the positives there are plenty of negatives it's just how you look at things.

The good old days....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3153 on: December 01, 2005, 11:24:46 PM »

That timeline for Saturday Night's Main Event brought back alot of memories. I seen all those matches. That was a great show. It was like a free pay per view. Every match was good. Glad they're bringing it back, but I'm sure it wont be the same.

Evolution
« Reply #3154 on: December 02, 2005, 10:19:11 AM »

Should be interesting to see how they use it anyways.

I saw a projected card for Armageddon on the 'net but already it's doubtful! Amazing how much can change in the space of three days in wrestling.
Evolution
« Reply #3155 on: December 02, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »

Poor Ric Flair. Now the IRS is giving him hassle.

Source: http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/entertainment/gossip/13307913.htm

Pro wrestler Ric Flair has been pinned by the IRS over back taxes and is fighting a nasty divorce battle with his wife.

Flair, one of Charlotte's best-known celebrities, owed the federal government $1 million in 1997, according to a statement from his accountant. The IRS began garnishing Flair's wrestling salary this year, seizing more than $200,000 so far.

Flair and his wife Elizabeth separated in February after 22 years of marriage. In a divorce filing, she accuses Flair of "cruel behavior" and says he slapped, kicked, choked, threw, bit and spit on her and pulled her hair.

Her complaint, which was filed in May, also accuses Flair of abusing alcohol and steroids, causing him to become "enraged, paranoid, emotionally unbalanced and violent," and says he exposed himself to her friends and committed adultery.

Flair acknowledges in court filings that he had a "tumultuous" marriage, but he denies the abusive behavior and steroid use and says his wife is trying to humiliate him with the allegations.

He accuses her of destructive behavior and says she hit him -- not the other way around.

Flair, whose real name is Richard Fliehr, and his wife did not return calls for comment.

Flair's attorney also wouldn't comment on the allegations, saying the divorce "isn't news" because it was filed months ago.

"We're defending the case, and we're not going to talk about their domestic problems," said Bill Diehl, perhaps Charlotte's best-known lawyer. "She accused him of being a bad boy. He accused her of being a bad girl. That's where we stand."

Flair was in the news earlier this week after being accused of road rage on Interstate 485.

The divorce case file at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse has grown as thick as two phone books, stuffed with financial records, credit card bills and property tax records.

There's also a letter from the judge, ruling that Flair must pay Elizabeth $20,000 a month until the case is settled, based on their previous living expenses.

Judge Jane Harper says the payment includes $2,000 for gifts, which Harper calls "obscenely high although far less than she says she needs," and $200 for religious contributions. "Whether she makes this or not," the judge writes, "I've included it to encourage someone in this family to share a tiny smidgen of their huge wealth with someone besides themselves."

The judge also says she'll consider freezing the couple's assets until the case is decided, because Flair used money from a retirement account "to get $92,000 for his girlfriend's finger."

Flair, in response to his wife's complaint, denies her charges and says it was her abusive conduct that led him to leave her. His response and counterclaim, filed in August, calls her "emotionally unstable, verbally abusive and physically violent."

He also accuses his wife of hitting him in an effort to provoke him into retaliating physically.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police records going back to 2002 don't show any calls for service relating to domestic abuse at the Fliehrs' south Charlotte home.

Elizabeth says she once called police to report abuse and Flair pulled open a wrestling scar to appear bloody, so it would look like she attacked him.

Flair says he and his wife have been separated three times and that she condoned and encouraged his "marital misconduct."

The wrestler says he is involved with a woman who he has taken on trips and bought gifts, but he invokes his right to privacy on the question of whether the relationship is sexual.

Much of the case file deals with the family's financial situation and wrangling over money.

Flair says he and his wife "lived well beyond our means" and racked up substantial debt to the IRS and other creditors.

In an affidavit asking for support payments, Elizabeth estimates that she spends $65,000 a year on clothing and $50,000 on vacations. She said she spent $50,000 on Christmas gifts in 2004. The family also owns a boat, a country club membership, and a house in the Piper Glen neighborhood with an estimated $1.2 million tax value, according to court records.

Flair, known for his "Nature Boy" persona and piercing "Wooooo," said he's due to make $500,000 from his WWE contract this year. But he hasn't received a paycheck since April, he says, due to the IRS' actions.

Flair also says he's concerned about his future in wrestling.

"I am 56 years old," the star writes, "working in a business that demands physical fitness and is dominated by performers much younger than I.

"There is no guarantee that even next year, I will be employed."

Road Rage Charges

Ric Flair was charged last week with injury to personal property and simple assault and battery, both misdemeanors, after a 29-year-old driver filed a complaint against him.

The driver says Flair got out of his vehicle on Interstate 485 in Charlotte on Nov. 23, grabbed him by the neck and then kicked the door of his Toyota 4Runner, leaving a large dent.

Flair told the Observer on Monday that it didn't happen that way. "I didn't do anything wrong at all," Flair said in a phone interview. "As usual, I will be exonerated."

Flair surrendered to authorities at the Mecklenburg County jail Tuesday morning and was released on $1,000 bond less than two hours later.

He should lose the title to Murdoch and go sort his life out.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3156 on: December 02, 2005, 03:51:17 PM »

I find it a fuckin shame that Flair busted his ass for 30 years to make a name and all that money breakin his body and his wife is gonna bitch and do this and take half his shit.

50,000 a year for clothes? are u kiddin me?

He shouldnt have to keep supporting shit like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3157 on: December 02, 2005, 06:06:42 PM »

Just when you thought the tag team division could not get any better...

WWE is bringing back Eddie "Ekmo" Fatu, who is best known as Jamal from the Three Minute Warning tag team.

Rosey and Jamal had a one-year run as Eric Bischoff's thug tag team Three Minute Warning between the summer of 2002 and 2003 until Jamal was released in the summer of '03 in the wake of a personal situation. Rosey joined up with The Hurricane shortly thereafter. Jamal has since wrestled for TNA, All-Japan Wrestling, Major League Wrestling and Rikishi's Italy promotion as of late.

Rosey hasn't made an appearance since the October 21, 2005 edition of Heat. Perhaps they may be reuniting, but that hasn't been confirmed.

source - PWInsider.com
Evolution
« Reply #3158 on: December 02, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »

Fuck yeah! 3 Minute Warning were a good team.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3159 on: December 02, 2005, 08:59:29 PM »

Fuck yeah! 3 Minute Warning were a good team.
Really....

I must of blinked and missed that...
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: