Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 07:24:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228547 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 842988 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2860 on: November 13, 2005, 02:53:39 PM »

Press conference regarding Guerrero's death
Nov. 13, 2005

Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Video of the entire press conference will be made available on WWE.com shortly.

Chavo should drop the whole Kerwin thing now and wrestle as Chavo in tribute.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2861 on: November 13, 2005, 02:59:31 PM »

Wow - stunned, he was an awesome wrestler i was lucky enough to see perform live

RIP Eddie, u will be missed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #2862 on: November 13, 2005, 03:20:30 PM »

Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena.

Looks like it was his heart after all...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2863 on: November 13, 2005, 03:36:41 PM »

A fitting tribute by Dave Scherer

I don't even know what to say about the passing of Eddie Guerrero, I really don't.? As I sit here and type this, I am numb, blindsided by news I didn't see coming, from miles away.? It was just Friday night that he was in the ring with Mr. Kennedy entertaining us on Smackdown, and now he's gone.?

His dying, far too young, is a tragedy.? There is no other way to look at it.? A wife has lost her husband.? Children have lost their father.? Well beyond that, we as wrestling fans have lost a true champion as well, and it's just downright sad my friends.?

I remember the first time I saw Eddie work, as Black Tiger for New Japan.? I was a huge Japanese wrestling fan at the time and Eddie, almost literally, jumped off of the TV screen with his amazing ability in the ring.? He was a guy who, the first time I saw him, I knew would be a star in the business for a long time due to the simple fact that he was an amazing wrestler.? As we would later find out, there was more to him than just wrestling prowess in the ring.? He also knew how to work and convey himself to the masses.

Eddie first showed the world his ability to project his character in the ring after he teamed up with Art "Love Machine" Barr as a part of the fabled "Los Gringos Locos" faction.? They were the most over heel tag team in Mexico, working the fans into a frenzy with their in-ring antics and legendary feud with El Hijo Del Santo and Octagon down in AAA over a decade ago.? It was clear at the time that both men had a big future ahead of them.?

Fans in the US got to see them work at the "When Worlds Collide" PPV in November of 1994 and friends of mine who had not followed lucha before that suddenly understood what I had been raving about where Guerrero and Barr were concerned once they saw the show.? Suddenly, lucha tapes became a huge commodity.? Paul Heyman had planned to bring them into ECW and push them to the moon, but then Barr died later that month.? Eddie had to deal with serious tragedy in his personal and professional life after his friend's passing.? He adopted Barr's frog splash finisher in homage to Barr and came into ECW in 1995.

Watching him work at the ECW Arena was something that is hard for me, even a decade after the fact, to aptly describe.? His feud with Dean Malenko produced matches that could only be described as mesmerizing, they were that good.? The fluidity and grace with which Eddie moved and worked was unlike anyone I had ever seen before him, and may ever see again.? All you had to do was watch him and you could tell he was a national star in the making.? As an ECW fan, I knew that seeing his work up close was something that was on borrowed time.? Sure enough, Eric Bischoff didn't take long to sign him to a big money deal to work for WCW, and Eddie was gone.? I remember we interviewed him and Dean Malenko backstage at the ECW Arena on their last night in the company.? I had spoken to Eddie before, and he was always a nice, quiet guy.? But that night, he was genuinely touched by the farewell that the Arena faithful had given him, and it came across that way to me.? He was a man who cared deeply about his work and appreciated those who appreciated him.

Once in WCW, the nation had the chance to watch his unparalleled abilities, and just as I thought, Eddie got over like a million bucks.? His time in WCW led to his run in WWE, where he was a top character and a world champion.? In the ring, there was no one like him, but putting his body on the line, night after night, would take its toll in the long run, as would the pride that he took in his work and the pressure that he put on himself to succeed.

It's no secret that Eddie had his demons.? He had issues with drugs and alcohol that affected him throughout the later years of his life.? The bumps that workers take throughout their career hurt more and more as the years go on.? At 38 years old, there were a lot of bumps on Eddies body.? It's also no secret that his run as WWE Champion took its toll on him emotionally as he put a ridiculous amount of pressure on himself to succeed.? When Smackdown business was soft when he was the champ, he took it personally and it affected him more than it would most others.? It was just his way, and it was a lot of the reason why he had the success that he did.?

Now, he's gone, at just 38 years old.? It's still so hard for me to comprehend.? It hasn't sunk in really.? All I can I hope out of all this is that has found peace and that the pain is gone.? Rest in peace Eddie, rest in peace.

And on another unrelated note word is Justin Credible will be debuting at Genesis.....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 03:42:02 PM by Stoned » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2864 on: November 13, 2005, 03:56:27 PM »

These wrestlers....their hearts just give out. Must be the sterioids....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2865 on: November 13, 2005, 04:01:59 PM »

These wrestlers....their hearts just give out. Must be the sterioids....
Not to speak ill of the dead but they also have many other habits which contribute....

One example....

Curt Hennig (Mr. Perfect) came from a family with a history of heart problems, and he had a coke habit.  It's a regularly used drug in the industry.  Steroids are a killer in themselves but these guys generally take other substances which make it even worse....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2866 on: November 13, 2005, 04:02:40 PM »

Oh, dear.

RIP, Eddie.

How very, very...

Unexpected.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #2867 on: November 13, 2005, 04:08:47 PM »

I don't think moments like No Way Out 2004 and Wrestlemania XX ending will be the same to watch ever again.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2868 on: November 13, 2005, 04:09:25 PM »

Holy crap..This is scary..Just got hoem and foubnd out about this..RIP Eddie..

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2869 on: November 13, 2005, 04:47:01 PM »

The press conference with Chavo Guerrero and Vince McMahon is now online. My heart goes out to Chavo and the rest of the Guerrero family
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2870 on: November 13, 2005, 05:09:07 PM »

Hole Shit Shocked

Very sad.to hear about Eddie passing away.

R.I.P Eddie.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #2871 on: November 13, 2005, 06:17:43 PM »

indeed, very sad, RIP a true great  Cry

That's a hatrick for Doull
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #2872 on: November 13, 2005, 07:09:25 PM »

A sad loss.

Reminds me of when Dimebag died.  Too young.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Evolution
« Reply #2873 on: November 13, 2005, 08:11:23 PM »

I still can't believe what happened.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #2874 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:57 PM »

I'll miss you, Eddie Cry
True hero, in ring and out
You fought long and hard.

A true warrior
Held off demons past four years
Rest well.  You've earned it.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
alexh0618
« Reply #2875 on: November 13, 2005, 08:35:48 PM »

I don't think moments like No Way Out 2004 and Wrestlemania XX ending will be the same to watch ever again.
Right on. I have those 2 shows on dvd, just won't be the same.

I haven't really been into wrestling as much lately but this is a big shocker. It just flat out fucking sucks. What a person, so much talent. Everyone who has seen him performed would be lying if they said that he wasn't something special. Another great career cut short, just like Owen's.

cheers to a great man  beer

RIP Eddie 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2876 on: November 13, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »

Very sad. People shouldnt jump the gun and say that Eddie died from doing drugs before he died. Sounds like he died just like my dad did. My dad was a drug user most of his life. He quit taking drugs in late 92, but died of heart failure in 1995 at the age of 39. The body can only handle a certain amount of drug use. Hopefully, wrestlers around the world will learn from this senseless tragedy, since they apparently haven't learned from previous tragedies. Wrestlers have a great job, and an exciting lifestyle. They should enjoy it, instead of altering the experience with drugs. Eddie, just like all the other wrestlers who died before their time, you will be missed.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #2877 on: November 13, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »

Fuck i can't believe he's gone! Cry

he fucking worked so hard. been so long in the business. and just as he was getting really really succesful and at the top of his game this happens. i don't know what to say.

i'm still in shock.

i'm gonna watch my Super J Cup 94? tape tonight...........Eddie was Black Tiger. He has some awesome matches with Taka Michinoku and Chris Benoit (who eventually won the thing).

RIP Eddie

? crying
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2878 on: November 14, 2005, 02:34:57 AM »

I can't believe this.  I don't even know what to say here.  A day after we start a thread talking about Owen something like this happens.  It always seems to be the guys that everybody loved.  Eddie may have had doubts about his abilitiy as a champion, but his fans know that he was as great as they come.  He'll always be a champion in our eyes.  RIP Eddie.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2879 on: November 14, 2005, 02:36:55 AM »

I am stunned, I cant even really type.

He has been one of my favorites since the LWO

God DAMN IT

I feel like crying, this ruined my day, I saw evolutions Avatar and thought it was some kind of angle or something with the Undertaker.

RIP EDDIE

Wrestling just wont be the same now at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: