Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 09:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228547 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 843183 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2800 on: November 08, 2005, 03:29:05 PM »

I really enjoyed RAW. The whole "i want a match" stuff was great. Mon the Helms!
Evolution
« Reply #2801 on: November 08, 2005, 06:10:56 PM »

TNAWrestling just posted the following:

"MAJOR ACQUISITION" TO APPEAR FOR TNA THIS SUNDAY AT "GENESIS"

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA executive Frank Dickerson offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Dickerson said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

Note: With the wording of Frank Dickerson, it appears as though this is Christian signing with TNA. Christian does not have a no-compete clause. It is rumored a deal was signed in the last several days.

Cheesy
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2802 on: November 08, 2005, 08:07:32 PM »

TNAWrestling just posted the following:

"MAJOR ACQUISITION" TO APPEAR FOR TNA THIS SUNDAY AT "GENESIS"

On Tuesday morning, TNA management informed TNAwrestling.com that the company has come to terms with a "major acquisition" who will appear this Sunday during the live "Genesis" Pay-Per-View.

When reached for comment, TNA executive Frank Dickerson offered the following:

"This is the single biggest jump in TNA history," Dickerson said. "The contract is signed, the travel is set and in my opinion, 'Genesis' just got a whole lot more intriguing."

TNA will have further information on the "major acquisition" this Sunday on the live countdown preshow a half hour before "Genesis".

Note: With the wording of Frank Dickerson, it appears as though this is Christian signing with TNA. Christian does not have a no-compete clause. It is rumored a deal was signed in the last several days.

Cheesy

Quite the catch for TNA...wont surprise me in the least if Benoit jumps ship to there too..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2803 on: November 09, 2005, 04:30:43 AM »

Christian! Where he belongs, in the main event!

I wish the wrestling channel would get there act together and start showing TNA live!

Does anyone on this thread not smoke weed? Jesus!

Got some cracking skunk at the moment guys, 2 J's and lights out!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2804 on: November 09, 2005, 11:07:43 AM »

Evolution...you need to drag him over to the dark side....  Wink

RAW was damn good, more wrestling and less shitty segments ok

Christian in TNA awesome stuff, i just hope politics don't screw him over there as well....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2805 on: November 09, 2005, 01:37:16 PM »

Shit I didn't see that Scott Steiner one.  That's my new favorite one.  That Steiner/Test feud is one of the low points in recent wrestling history.  And then like a week after they were friends all of a sudden.  I thought Raw was pretty good as well.  And I wasn't even high.  The only thing that bothered me was that the main event was supposed to start with like an hour left in the show, then all of a sudden Ric Flair was defending his Intercontinental Title.  Did they forget about that or something?  It just looked bad...bad writing.  And what has Rob Conway done to earn an IC Title shot?  Was that match against Doink a #1 Contenders Match?  Other than that Raw was good though.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2806 on: November 09, 2005, 01:54:25 PM »

Hey, this just came to me, does anyone remember when the Misfits became wrestlers in WCW?  They were partners with Vampiro.  I remember when they came in, but I didn't know who they were at the time.  I'm pretty sure Jerry Only and Doyle actually wrestled a few matches.  I'm assuming they weren't very good.  Does anyone else remember this at all?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2807 on: November 09, 2005, 02:01:45 PM »

Evolution...you need to drag him over to the dark side....  Wink

Aaaah, pressure!!

Chris Benoit should join TNA. At first i was really pissed that Christian left, but now i feel its probably best for the guy. If people who have serious name value leave WWE and TNA benefit it can only mean business improving from both sides
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #2808 on: November 09, 2005, 03:20:25 PM »

Benoit's contract ends
Toward the end of November
There's no non-compete

For Chris OR Christian
Since if contracts EXPIRE,
There's been no release.

At SmackDown! Tapings
Batista tore a muscle...
Latissmus Dorsi.

Fed doc James Andrews
Apparently looked at it....
How severe?  Don't know.

Oh...I liked RAW, too...
Story continuity?
And booking was GOOD!

Liked Joey Styles
But Vince is very angry
At Lawler and Coach

For errors of fact
And breaking kayfabe when Coach
Mentioned pro-Kurt crowd.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2809 on: November 09, 2005, 04:03:02 PM »

Yeah, I thought Styles was great on Raw.  He makes the whole announce team better.  I just hope this stint on Raw doesn't hurt his credibility any.  When I listen to Styles talk about wrestling, I trust what he says and he just makes everything sound so believable.  Him just referring to Cena as the WWE Champion made him Cena seem more believable to me...and I really don't like Cena.  He knows how to put guys over and make them seem important.  He's one of the best at what he does.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2810 on: November 09, 2005, 04:53:02 PM »

Nice job McCann!

Styles forever. The guy needs a contract. He's fresh and is energetic. Puts King to shame
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2811 on: November 09, 2005, 05:28:25 PM »

Yeah, I thought Styles was great on Raw.? He makes the whole announce team better.? I just hope this stint on Raw doesn't hurt his credibility any.? When I listen to Styles talk about wrestling, I trust what he says and he just makes everything sound so believable.? Him just referring to Cena as the WWE Champion made him Cena seem more believable to me...and I really don't like Cena.? He knows how to put guys over and make them seem important.? He's one of the best at what he does.
He's doing well now, i hope the dude sticks around.....

Batista did tear his lat at the SmackDown! tapings. This is a very painful injury and will likely cause him to miss several months. Unless the injury is far less severe than people think, it is expected that the title will need to be stripped from him.

Obviously, the top names in line for the belt would be JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, or Randy Orton. The long shots right now for the title would be Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Mr. Kennedy, or Edge if he is moved to SmackDown! permanently. Edge is likely to need surgery as well though.

It'll also be interesting to see if Chris Benoit is offered more on his contract now that Batista looks to be out. For those wondering, Benoit has still not signed a contract renewal.

That sucks! I hate it when people don't drop the belt properly, maybe something can be worked out.  I hope he recovers as soon as possible though!

As for Champion, Give the belt to Mr. Kennedy......Kennedy
Evolution
« Reply #2812 on: November 09, 2005, 06:00:34 PM »

What they could do. Is have Eddie defend it for him  ok As his buddy and all, then when Dave returns Rumble time, Eddie has trouble giving it back? Cue No Way Out showdown?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2813 on: November 09, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

What they could do. Is have Eddie defend it for him? ok As his buddy and all, then when Dave returns Rumble time, Eddie has trouble giving it back? Cue No Way Out showdown?

I like the scenario Evolution, but to be honest I really want the belt on Randy Orton, his last title reign was far to short...but looks like Undertakers' gunna whipe the floor with him at SS!

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2814 on: November 09, 2005, 06:20:10 PM »

I really want the belt on Randy Orton, his last title reign was far to short...but looks like Undertakers' gunna whipe the floor with him at SS!
Last reign was short because he sucked as a face and they rushed things storyline-wise, he's a damn good heel thought so i would like to see him get the belt in the near future.....

Unfortunately Undertaker will beat him at Survivor Series,? Roll Eyes Oldies who can't let go....

Just to update on the Jay 'Christian' Reso situation, TNAWrestlingNews.com can confirm that Jay also filed a trademark for Captain Charisma the same day he filed for Christian Cage. So it appears as though they are still debating on what to call him. We're down to two names.

Captain Charisma is cool, but only as a nickname, if it was used as his proper full time name he'd probably come across as some cheesy superhero type....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 06:23:24 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2815 on: November 09, 2005, 06:35:38 PM »

I still think he will be able to be just Christian. On a similar note i read TNA have produced videos bearing the name "Chris Jin"  Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #2816 on: November 09, 2005, 07:29:41 PM »

Batista injury update
November 9, 2005

World Heavyweight Champion Batista injured his back at the SmackDown television taping Tuesday night in Indianapolis.

Earlier today, Batista traveled to Birmingham, Ala., to be seen by Dr. James Andrews. While meeting with Dr. Andrews, The Animal was informed that he had a decision to make concerning the treatment of the injury. He could either rehab his back, or opt for surgery. If he decides to go with the surgery, Batista could be out of action for as long as three months.

Batista plans on making his decision by the weekend.

Och, hopefully a title stripping isn't going to happen. I mean Trish wasn't stripped. Perhaps we will get another 1998 Deadly Game style tournament? Thing is most of Smackdown upper midcarders are involved in the whole 5 on 5 angle right now  Undecided

I still think Eddie should take care of the title for his buddy Dave.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2817 on: November 10, 2005, 05:51:23 AM »

I still think he will be able to be just Christian. On a similar note i read TNA have produced videos bearing the name "Chris Jin"  Roll Eyes
TNAWrestlingNews.com has even further news on Christian. It looks as if they are going to go with the following. His in-ring name will be Christian Cage while they will use the slogan "Captain Charisma" to sell merchandise. Here are the trademarks that were filed:

Christian Cage

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler. FIRST USE: 20040930. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20040930

Captain Charisma

IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Address books; Albums for stickers; Bank checks; Blackboard erasers ; Book covers; Book plates; Bumper stickers; Calendars; Chalk; Chalk erasers; Checkbook covers; Children's activity books; Coloring books; Comic books; Commemorative stamp sheets; Date books; Decals; Drawing rulers; Erasers; Gift wrapping paper; Greeting cards; Lithographs; Memo pads; Napkin paper; Packaging, namely blister cards; Paper banners; Paper cake decorations; Paper for wrapping and packaging; Paper party bags; Paper party favors; Paper party hats; Paper pouches for packaging; Pencil cases; Pencil sharpeners; Pencils; Pens; Photographs; Picture books; Pictures; Plastic bags for packaging; Postcards; Posters; Printed paper signs; Rubber erasers; Rubber stamps; Souvenir programs concerning sports entertainment; Stamp pads; Stencils; Stickers; Trading cards

Thanks fuck....that's all sorted pretty cool name to, that "Chris Jin" name made me cringe, it sounded like such a cheesy rip-off.  Christian Cage though, that, that's cool.

Och, hopefully a title stripping isn't going to happen. I mean Trish wasn't stripped.
That's because nobody cares about her title and if she was stripped  drool (holding that thought wait.......ok) as i was saying if she had the belt taken off her there would not of been enough women to make up any kind of tournament and at the time Victoria was the only decent wrestler in the division.  If they ignored the 30 day rule with The World Title it would be a fucking joke even WWE aren't that stupid....

Perhaps we will get another 1998 Deadly Game style tournament? Thing is most of Smackdown upper midcarders are involved in the whole 5 on 5 angle right now  Undecided
There would not be enough room on the card anyway.  They can have a Tournament on Smackdown every week, with the final coming at Armaggedon where Mr. Kennedy wins The Gold......Kennedy ok
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2818 on: November 10, 2005, 03:26:02 PM »

If WWE knows what's good for them (which they obviously don't) they'll get the title on Benoit.  It'll be much harder for him to leave if he's the World Champ.  I think he would be logical choice at this point.  I'd also like to see Eddie as the champ, but if he still has hang ups about being the chanp then I guess he's out of the question.  I don't want to see Orton as champ just yet.  There are other guys who are more deserving at this point.  JBL...I think he was champ long enough where I don't want to see him get it back for a little while.  And none of the long shots Stoned mentioned are ready for a title run IMO.  Hardy would be a disaster as champ.  Rey...a cruiserweight as small as Rey wouldn't be a convincing champ, but he's definitely put in more than his fair share of dues.  Actually, Rey winning it would be a great underdog story, and on second thought I think that could be a pretty cool idea.  I just changed my mind mid-post.  As for Kennedy...patince guys.  Kennedy rules, and he's got all the tools (unintentional rhyme), but its way too early for him to be champ.  We don't want to see him fall flat on his face like Orton did as champ.  And I think a new champ has emerged in the Stoned's avatar contest.  The Hulkster rockin' out is the new king.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2819 on: November 10, 2005, 03:44:09 PM »

If WWE knows what's good for them (which they obviously don't) they'll get the title on Benoit.? It'll be much harder for him to leave if he's the World Champ.
Didn't stop him leaving WCW.  Still it would show they have faith in them although i can't see them doing that....

I'd also like to see Eddie as the champ, but if he still has hang ups about being the chanp then I guess he's out of the question.
When it comes to in-ring talent, mic skills and overness combined this guy is the BEST option ok I would love to see him on top again but the question does lie in whether he can handle the pressure or not....

I don't want to see Orton as champ just yet.? There are other guys who are more deserving at this point.? JBL...I think he was champ long enough where I don't want to see him get it back for a little while.
Agreed! I don't want to see either with the belt just yet....

Hardy would be a disaster as champ.? Rey...a cruiserweight as small as Rey wouldn't be a convincing champ, but he's definitely put in more than his fair share of dues.? Actually, Rey winning it would be a great underdog story, and on second thought I think that could be a pretty cool idea.? I just changed my mind mid-post.? As for Kennedy...patince guys.? Kennedy rules, and he's got all the tools (unintentional rhyme), but its way too early for him to be champ.? We don't want to see him fall flat on his face like Orton did as champ.
Hardy, definate disaster yes Rey i think would make a great success story he's beaten nearly everyone on Smackdown at some point but for the likes of Mr. Kennedy & Undertaker.....

.....As for Ken Kennedy, yeah i was wrong dude i just like the dude so much i jumped the gun, but yeah we had this convo the other day about building people up to the belt he should slowly be moved up there.  As long as he keeps getting over with the fans he's sorted for life since word is both HHH and Vince really like him....

?And I think a new champ has emerged in the Stoned's avatar contest.? The Hulkster rockin' out is the new king.
Indeed, The Stonedster, sorry i mean The Hulkster one is cool, i do have some great ones lined up though....
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: