Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 07:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 843975 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2580 on: October 23, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »

X Division Championship - 30 Minute Iron Man Match
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Christopher Daniels

That should be one hell of a match.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #2581 on: October 23, 2005, 03:43:26 PM »

X Division Championship - 30 Minute Iron Man Match
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Christopher Daniels

That should be one hell of a match.

Fuck yeah. If it's half as good as Joe/A.J/Daniels at Unbreakable it'll be great.

I just read Nash has been pulled out of the show. But the NWA Title will still be defended on the card
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2582 on: October 23, 2005, 03:47:55 PM »

It's on the wrestling channel on like....November 27th.? Wonder what they're gonna do about Big Kev, he should of retired already although i wish him all the best, hope it's not serious.

Really, what time are they shown?

Its a bit of a delay though, which is quite annoying, as bar the invasion angle, WWE is shite at the moment. Really cant get into it, seems im not the only one either, Austin, Foley, The Mcmahons all coming back in the space of 1 month, ratings must be down.

Evolution
« Reply #2583 on: October 23, 2005, 03:52:34 PM »

Really, what time are they shown?

8pm on The Wrestling Channel on Sunday November 27th and then repeated loads after that
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2584 on: October 23, 2005, 03:53:43 PM »

Coolness, ive set my alarm and reminder on my phone as otherwise i will no doubt forget! Damn the weed! smoking
Evolution
« Reply #2585 on: October 23, 2005, 04:41:02 PM »

With Nash not being medically cleared in time for Bound For Glory the main event had to be changed in order to maintain the title defense. Jeff Jarrett will now defend his Heavyweight Title in a 10-Man Gauntlet match. The names of his opponents have not been announced. Since Raven is already scheduled make an impactful appearance (no pun intended), expect him to have some involvement in the match now. If he does make the main event, this would be the second time that he main evented due to last minute circumstances. Stay tuned for more info.

Interesting...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2586 on: October 23, 2005, 04:47:56 PM »

With Nash not being medically cleared in time for Bound For Glory the main event had to be changed in order to maintain the title defense. Jeff Jarrett will now defend his Heavyweight Title in a 10-Man Gauntlet match. The names of his opponents have not been announced. Since Raven is already scheduled make an impactful appearance (no pun intended), expect him to have some involvement in the match now. If he does make the main event, this would be the second time that he main evented due to last minute circumstances. Stay tuned for more info.

Interesting...
Ahhh nuts....that sounds awesome.....i really wanna see this goddamn show.....why do i have to wait so fucking long rant .  I wonder if Channel 4 or 5 would think about picking it up over here? Only reason Channel 4 ditched WWE was they were offended by Mae Young getting her kit off and suprised...the censors were a bit slow as well puke
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2587 on: October 23, 2005, 05:39:05 PM »

lol, they still showed a fair few after that though. That was the first one Channel 4 showed wasn't it?

It would be great if they did pick it up.

Or...

If the Wrestling Channel didn't have such a goddammed delay.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2588 on: October 23, 2005, 05:55:25 PM »

lol, they still showed a fair few after that though. That was the first one Channel 4 showed wasn't it?
I'm sure i remember that being sited as one of the reasons....i don't think they were expecting it, i believe the ones shown out of that were merely shown because they'd already been signed, but Mae Young made sure they would not resign when the contract expired...

It would be great if they did pick it up.

Or...

If the Wrestling Channel didn't have such a goddammed delay.
Yeah i would prefer it on 4 or 5 though, i only have Sky in my front room, being a lazy cunt i'd like to watch it live from my bed.  I'm guessing if the company keeps growing some deal should be worked out, main reason the 5-week delay sucks is because i can't help but read spoilers....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2589 on: October 23, 2005, 09:46:54 PM »

I wonder if TIto Ortiz's role will change now? He needs to train and become a wrestler now that UFC have swore to never resign him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2590 on: October 24, 2005, 06:15:41 AM »

Spoilers Alert: Anyone NOT Wanting To Know The TNA Bound For Glory Results STOP Reading NOW!

TNA Bound For Glory - Match Results:

- Samoa Joe def. Jushin Liger
- Diamonds In The Rough def. Sonny Siaki, Apolo and Shark Boy
- Monty Brown def. Lance Hoyt
- Team Canada def. 3 Live Kru
- Ultimate X: Petey Williams def. Chris Sabin and Matt Bentley
- Tag Titles: AMW def. The Naturals to retain
- Monsters Ball: Rhino def. Jeff Hardy, Abyss and Sabu
- X Division Title, Iron Man Match: AJ Styles def. Christopher Daniels to retain
- Ten Man Gauntlet: Rhino win to earn title shot
- NWA Heavyweight Title: Rhino def. Jeff Jarrett to win the title

Had to highlight that last one, that's awesome news, new champion, Rhino is finally being used properly again....

.....It begs the question; Was Kevin Nash schelduled to win the Gold? Or was it a last minute decision for Double J to do the job, as much as i hate Jarrett i hope it was last minute, putting the Gold on Nash would have been stupid.  Also on the biggest event of the year (supposedly) why did Raven not have a match? And why were Team 3-D reduced to a run-in at the end?
Evolution
« Reply #2591 on: October 24, 2005, 02:26:53 PM »

I read that no Nash wasn't going to win. I think they aren't using Raven to save a feud with Jarrett. And Team 3D i believe we selling an injury at the hands of AMW.

Well done to Rhino!  beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2592 on: October 24, 2005, 02:58:07 PM »

Here's my reviews of;

The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior

Well I had to buy this DVD, with all the gossip about it being a burial of the character I was intrigued and as a child I was always a fan of him it wasn?t until I started appreciating decent wrestling that I realized how bad he really was.  Now don?t get me wrong he had an awesome gimmick and awesome theme music and they highlight this in the DVD, Jim Ross even contributes the theme music to some of his success, I have to agree really.  The music is so good and it always got me pumped up as a kid, it?s a great way to get the fans popping.  Now one of the things that I disliked is they often seemed to put the most negative spin on things and make jokes out of him.  Many superstars said with all his running to the ring he was often tired before the match started.  They also mocked his interviews saying you could never really tell what he was saying (and that was a good thing) and that he spoke in tongues, Vince added he wasn?t even sure Warrior knew what he was saying.  They then had Christian re-doing one of his promos (the full version is an extra and damn funny?.and accurate).  You had Hogan talking about Warrior and Hogan went on his usual Ego Trip.  According to Hogan he saw it coming, although he did not want to be the one to say I told you so?.Yeah right!  They focused of Summerslam 1991 where Warrior held up Vince for more money and refused to fight otherwise, so after Vince paid him the money then fired him.  Fair enough, but if you read other stories he only wanted to be payed as much as Hogan, which considering they were at the same level so to speak could be seen to be fair.  Hogan even said how he and the boys offered to ?Rough him up? but Vince said no since he did not want another lawsuit.  Hogan also knocked his main event potential saying when Warrior won the Gold the 68,000 fans were not watching Warrior celebrate they were watching Hogan leave.  Another thing highlighted in this is how great Vince is and how he keeps giving people second chances.  As for Warrior being fired a second time they said there were no plans for him to feud with Nailz and that rumour was false, although they offered no explanation as to why he was fired.  The 3rd and last time Warrior returned to WWE was another short stint.  They showed archive footage of an interview with HHH from 2000 where he said Warrior was the WORST guy he?d ever stepped in the ring with, calling him unprofessional, but he offered no reason as to why he believed this.  Warrior was supposedly fired the final time from WWE for missing a few dates, he refused to do them actually claiming his Dad had died.  Well this was infact true but according to Vince it did not matter since he had not seen him in like 10 years (Ok, he might still of had feelings for him though Vince).  Finally they look at his WCW stint and his awful promo when he debuted and even worse train-wreck of a match with Hogan.  In conclusion wrestlers sum up what they think  the final one being Christian saying ?Like it or not, everyone always remembers The Ultimate Warrior.?

Extras
Warrior?s debut match and match with The Honky Tonk Man and short and worthless.  The other 3 matches are damn good though (Yes, 3 Good Warrior matches) thanks to his opponents.  These matches are Rude vs. Warrior (Steel Cage Match), his Wrestlemania VI battle with Hogan and his Wrestlemania VII retirement match with Savage.

Other extras include some pointless 1 minute comments from Lawler & Dibiase, an amusing Christian impersonation of The Warrior and 3 (2 of them of hidden Easter Eggs) promos for Warrior University which are so hilarious it?s untrue (Especially one with a blind man).

So overall the DVD is fairly decent, they are a bit over-the-top with some things but it?s a decent history lesson and considering the nut-job he is I expect it is mostly true.  Just going on to his website gives you an insight into what he?s like.  I recommend this DVD for anyone who remembers the guy and fancies a trip down memory lane.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2593 on: October 24, 2005, 04:55:42 PM »

Spoilers Alert: Anyone NOT Wanting To Know The TNA Bound For Glory Results STOP Reading NOW!

Bastard!  Angry

I was gonna wait till the 27th!  Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2594 on: October 24, 2005, 05:07:16 PM »

Bastard!? Angry

I was gonna wait till the 27th!? Wink
Just get really stoned before the event...as i'm sure you will....you'll forget what happens Wink
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2595 on: October 24, 2005, 05:16:02 PM »

Just get really stoned before the event...as i'm sure you will....you'll forget what happens Wink

Are you insinuating that i am a Stoner Mr Stoned?

In the words of Max from Max and Paddy.... How dare you!

...But yes i am. Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2596 on: October 24, 2005, 05:20:22 PM »

Are you insinuating that i am a Stoner Mr Stoned?

In the words of Max from Max and Paddy.... How dare you!

...But yes i am. Cheesy
hihi Well you are the one who educated me on the stoner greatness of Orange Goblin and made me realise that Pantera make a damn good stoner band too. smoking

Anybody want to remind me what's planned for RAW tonight if anything?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2597 on: October 24, 2005, 05:30:15 PM »

Too much air time for the diva's ( i love t & a but jesus!!), too much talking, lack of talent and crap storylines.

However this invasion angle is intriguing me, hopefully it will be written better than the last one and hopefully it will signify the end of the brand extension!

No probs about the recommendations Stoned...Pantera rule...Stoned or Unstoned, so do OG.

Download Down II if you havent already got it, a lot of people say it pales into insignificance to NOLA the first album but after a few spins you will be hooked, especially after a reefer or five!
Also it will set you up nicely for the next album next year sometime.

Arron  love Phil!

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2598 on: October 24, 2005, 05:41:31 PM »

Very happy to hear about Rhino winning the title from Jarrett.  What a total shock for a match thrown together at the last minute to result in a title change.  Maybe Jarrett deserves more respect than I thought?  As for the WWE, I'm really excited about this Invasion angle.  I'd assume they learned from their mistakes they made with the first invasion angle years back.  I really think this could be the end of the roster split.  Think about it...how else could this possibly end?  One brand is going to have to come out on top eventually.  There's no way you can have one brand win and then keep the split.  The losing show would be totally buried.  The only logical way to end an invasion angle would be to end the roster split.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2599 on: October 24, 2005, 05:49:40 PM »

Very happy to hear about Rhino winning the title from Jarrett.? What a total shock for a match thrown together at the last minute to result in a title change.? Maybe Jarrett deserves more respect than I thought?? As for the WWE, I'm really excited about this Invasion angle.? I'd assume they learned from their mistakes they made with the first invasion angle years back.? I really think this could be the end of the roster split.? Think about it...how else could this possibly end?? One brand is going to have to come out on top eventually.? There's no way you can have one brand win and then keep the split.? The losing show would be totally buried.? The only logical way to end an invasion angle would be to end the roster split.
It's more like a rivalry with some upper-midcarders, you don't see Angle, Cena, HHH, Batista involved.  The rosters are way to big to end the split....
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: