Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 844536 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2520 on: October 18, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »

his gimmick had become as dry as stale Cheetos Undecided

Hear fucking hear. They should do some kind of trade so he can join the Cruiserweight division.

Isn't it odd that Edge will go to the debut(not really but oh well) Smackdown of Matt Hardy. Will they ever get apart?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2521 on: October 18, 2005, 01:34:08 PM »

his gimmick had become as dry as stale Cheetos Undecided

Hear fucking hear. They should do some kind of trade so he can join the Cruiserweight division.

Isn't it odd that Edge will go to the debut(not really but oh well) Smackdown of Matt Hardy. Will they ever get apart?

If not on the cruiserweight division, maybe they could do an angle with Shelton Benjamin, he doesnt have much going on these days..

Im so over the Matt and Edge thing..I mean he's officially dating Ashley so that angle is beyond stale now too.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2522 on: October 18, 2005, 02:50:55 PM »

I dont think one would have to fail for them to use the unification idea. How about a unification match and the champion is on both Raw and Smackdown?
That pretty much happened with Lesnar to start with.  That would suck anyway, feuds would not build up that well, if he's feuding with a guy on one show what does he do on the other? Or would we just have constant triple threat matches with only one guy interacting with the other two before the match? Unification if the brand split ends otherwise....no point!

By the way, I have another question. Do you guys remember the russians from NWA/WCW? Their names were Nikita and Ivan Koloff and Krusher Kruschev. After all these years, some wrestlers from that era have made comebacks. I remember a few years ago, WWE had a battle royal that had only wrestlers from the 1980's in the match. But you never seen the russians after 1986-87. Why? Did some of them die? Krusher Kruschev became Smash from Demolition and also the Repo Man, but I think at some point the Russians should have been revived. They were great villains, and also were great wrestlers. They were in some of the best matches of the 80's. Ever since the late 80's, I expected either WCW or WWF/WWE to bring them back, but it never happened.?
Krusher Kruschev = Barry Darsow, apart from his gimmick battle royal appearance a few 'Mania's back the last i heard of him he was fired from WCW for blading when he wasn't supposed to.

Ivan Koloff = http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/i/ivan-koloff.html  That profile mentions his time in ECW and his retirement ok

Nikita Koloff = http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/n/nikita-koloff.html Forced to retire in 1992, briefly resurfaced in NWA-TNA in 2003 ok

Hurricraps is a heel? Ooooo

Raw sucked apart from HBK vs. Carlito, Too many Mcmahons....boring....Austin talking...boring....Flair talking....boring....Angle beating up Hurricane boring......me typing this...

Moving on....yes it's a Papa Shango avatar....any jokes i'll curse your ass Tongue
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2523 on: October 18, 2005, 05:51:22 PM »

The Austin-Stephanie skit was horrible. Did you guys notice how she was laughing and smiling through the whole thing. Pathetic. The Mcmahons should stay off camera. Vince is ok I guess, but Steph needs to go. Years ago, Vince should have hired some amateur actress to play the role of his daughter.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2524 on: October 18, 2005, 08:23:50 PM »

I feel bad for some of u cynics.

I feel WWE has been amazing since comin back to USA, Ive thought every show so far was very very very entertaining.

HHH did what is called "building the opponent up"

By doing what he did that makes Flair look stronger and more formidable of an opponent.

Sometimes being A *SMART* fan does a huge disservice to the entertainment of wrestling.

I dont know what u all are watching cause I have found every bit of Raw to be very very enjoyable since they came back to USA.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2525 on: October 18, 2005, 08:31:38 PM »

I watch wrestling for a mix of wrestling and entertainment, i'm getting too little wrestling and The Mcmahons which are a poor excuse for entertainment these days.  I agree on the Flair/HHH but think it was done in the wrong way.  We barely saw HHH before he disappeared, they do obviously need to make Flair look formidable since he'll be jobbing to HHH and since he hasn't looked formidable in years.  It's got nothing to do with being 'SMART' fans, i say what i like.....RAW has been medicore, Smackdown has been great....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2526 on: October 18, 2005, 11:37:17 PM »

U and I differ

I am a SMART wrestling fan and I think SMackdown is horrible and almost unwatchable whereas I think Raw is great.

just matter of opinion I guess.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2527 on: October 19, 2005, 02:22:21 AM »

I think Raw would be excellent right now if it wasn't for the constant use of the McMahons.  I think Austin has been hilarious in his pasrt couple appearances.  But having to sit through segments featuring Stephanie and Linda McMahon is tough.  They're both terrible actors.  Especially Linda, who isn't believable as a heel whatsoever.  Even Vince isn't what he used to be.  They're trying to ressurect the Austin/McMahon angle once again...just let it go already.  They'll never be able to recreate 1998, and should stop trying.  I'd love to see Austin stick around, but give him someone better to feud with than the McMahons and Jonathan Coachman.  Smackdown has been totally buried over the past couple months.  First you have them switching champs so that the more popular wrestler is on Raw.  Batista has shown me nothing during this title reign, and I think they really need to get the belt on someone else.  Guerrero, Benoit, JBL...someone other than him.  And whenever someone makes a comeback (Austin, Hogan, Foley, the McMahons) its always on Raw.  I think at this point making Smackdown the "B Show" is actually what they're going for.  If it wasn't for Guerrero, Benoit, JBL, Kennedy, and a few others there wouldn't be anything worth a damn going on Smackdown right now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2528 on: October 19, 2005, 04:40:20 AM »

U and I differ

I am a SMART wrestling fan and I think SMackdown is horrible and almost unwatchable whereas I think Raw is great.

just matter of opinion I guess.
Yeah must be, i always saw RAW as the A Show until recently i believe the switch to Friday nights has worked wonders for Smackdown.  I choose the cruiserweights over the women's division every time, they actually have a half decent tag division now, decent new stars such as Lashley & Kennedy, i prefer Batista to Cena and think Guerrero is carrying him to a top line feud....i guess it comes down to who you like, one of the only reasons i still watch RAW is HBK
Evolution
« Reply #2529 on: October 19, 2005, 07:47:13 AM »

Personally i find Raw and Smackdown to both be pretty enjoyable right now. Smackers has improved plenty since the Friday night switch.

I always thought you didn't get Smackdown D?  Huh

The reason Steph was laughing the whole time was because Austin was pretty damn entertaining on Monday  hihi
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2530 on: October 19, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »

You have a point, but Steph shouldn't be laughing and smiling. She is in a skit, and she's supposed to be playing a role. Steph and her family had just been humiliated by Austin recently, and they fired JR and are very pissed at Austin. How is this funny to her character? She's supposed to be  rant, instead she's  rofl! The week before, she was flipping out throughout the whole show, and on monday it was like she was watching Richard Pryor Live at the Sunset Strip. She really brings down the show. We all know that its just a show, but when you watch wrestling you like to play along with it and imagine for a moment that its real. When Steph comes out, it only takes a few seconds for it to become a joke. She also did this kind of shit at Smackdown. I remember one time she got into it with Brock Lesnar. He was choking her, but before he could even get a full grip on her neck, she already had her tongue out acting like she was choking to death. Maybe we could start a 'Get Rid of Steph' petition! hihi The rest of Raw was pretty good. I'm just tired of her ruining it week in and week out.

makane
Legend

« Reply #2531 on: October 19, 2005, 01:03:36 PM »

They definitely should put Steph into a "less seriouse" spot, then she would be OK. Now she's not very credible when Austin's ready to rip her head of and she's just smiling? Cheesy
Linda should be buried in the same casket with Taker, where do we need her? Steph already sounds just like her? ok
Austin's put some good shows during last weeks, though he looks like shit   Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2532 on: October 19, 2005, 01:52:31 PM »

They definitely should put Steph into a "less seriouse" spot, then she would be OK. Now she's not very credible when Austin's ready to rip her head of and she's just smiling? Cheesy
Linda should be buried in the same casket with Taker, where do we need her? Steph already sounds just like her? ok
Austin's put some good shows during last weeks, though he looks like shit? ?Undecided
We need a damn big casket to rid TV of some much needed crap....Linda, Steph, The New Midgets as well as Vis, Big Show etc. (the list goes on..)
Evolution
« Reply #2533 on: October 19, 2005, 02:11:25 PM »

Big Vis is worth keeping! Val and him should kidnap Steph and threaten to produce a video with her unless they get a Tag Title shot  yes
makane
Legend

« Reply #2534 on: October 19, 2005, 02:43:17 PM »

Big Show would be a good character if they made him EVIL. They should draft Big Show to SmackDown! and make a
"WE QUIT CASKET MATCH" Big Show vs. 10 midgets  rofl (casket for 10 midgets)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2535 on: October 19, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »

Personally i find Raw and Smackdown to both be pretty enjoyable right now. Smackers has improved plenty since the Friday night switch.

I always thought you didn't get Smackdown D?? Huh

The reason Steph was laughing the whole time was because Austin was pretty damn entertaining on Monday? hihi

Evolution, if theres one thing I remember from high school, its that when your a professional actor, you cant blow your character and laugh entirely out of character. Once that sense of realism is gone, the whole relevance of the plot is gone out the window. Sure I was laughing at the skit, but because Austin was pissed as fuck and Steph was giddy as a school girl.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2536 on: October 19, 2005, 06:50:32 PM »

I moved so now I get Smackdown and I just have a hard time getting into it.

Maybe I am just out of the habit or something.

I will watch the Ortons vs Undertaker tag match.

I like Eddie Guerrero vs Batista angle but they need to let someone win the belt from Batista.

I like Raw cause all my favs are on there I suppose.

I get Smackdown on Saturday Nights at 11:35 to 1:35 but I find myself watching TNA over Smackdown on Saturdays

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2537 on: October 19, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »

I moved so now I get Smackdown and I just have a hard time getting into it.

Maybe I am just out of the habit or something.

I will watch the Ortons vs Undertaker tag match.

I like Eddie Guerrero vs Batista angle but they need to let someone win the belt from Batista.

I like Raw cause all my favs are on there I suppose.

I get Smackdown on Saturday Nights at 11:35 to 1:35 but I find myself watching TNA over Smackdown on Saturdays
Here in the UK they don't clash so we don't have to choose, if i did i would probably still choose Smackdown, TNA is good but i still feel it's lacking.  It has some amazing aspects....I watched the Unbreakable PPV the other day and AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe was awesome, the X-Division rocks but i find Impact as a TV Show is just ok whereas the PPV's are great, although there are still someone stupid decisions in relation to them....Bound For Glory which is being build as their biggest event yet, with a fanfest thing and stuff, probably their version of Wrestlemania and the main event is Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash...big mistake, although the rest of the card does look decent.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2538 on: October 19, 2005, 07:09:18 PM »

Smackdonw ever since the spilt has felt like a B show. and for the most part is pretty duckin' sucky.

Tna 's X-divsion is great . But they really need to get the samn belt of Doubl J. The guy has turned into one of the lazyiest workers ever to me.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #2539 on: October 19, 2005, 07:13:15 PM »

The 3 way X Division title match was outstanding.

AxlsMainMan sure you aren't to laugh out of place, but i think the realism left the storyline the day it started  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: