Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845106 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2460 on: October 09, 2005, 05:18:40 PM »

yo dudes...

are there good wrestling games for PC? i tried some  a couple of years ago but they where whit compared to the ones on console... are they still shit?

tnx

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2461 on: October 09, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »

yo dudes...

are there good wrestling games for PC? i tried some? a couple of years ago but they where whit compared to the ones on console... are they still shit?

tnx
Hey Captain....long time no see....one of the few new Skid Row fans yes ok ermmm the PC and wrestling games don't really work out that well unfortunately.  It's a joke really because with the right Graphics Cards and what not it can kick the shit out of all consoles but they just don't seem to have a decent wrestling game, the best one is Extreme Warfare Revenge now that is damn good but it's not the kind of traditional wrestling game you expect it's Championship Manager style where you manage a federation there's no actual in match graphics or anything....on the plus side it's free....if you're interested i'll send you a copy ok If you have a Ps2 look out for Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 in November that is set to be excellent....go to ign.com to check the latest on that ok

No Mercy Predictions
Batista
Chris Benoit
MNM
The Ortons
JBL
Lashley
Kennedy
Juventud
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2462 on: October 09, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »

yo dudes...

are there good wrestling games for PC? i tried some  a couple of years ago but they where whit compared to the ones on console... are they still shit?

tnx
Hey Captain....long time no see....one of the few new Skid Row fans yes ok ermmm the PC and wrestling games don't really work out that well unfortunately.  It's a joke really because with the right Graphics Cards and what not it can kick the shit out of all consoles but they just don't seem to have a decent wrestling game, the best one is Extreme Warfare Revenge now that is damn good but it's not the kind of traditional wrestling game you expect it's Championship Manager style where you manage a federation there's no actual in match graphics or anything....on the plus side it's free....if you're interested i'll send you a copy ok If you have a Ps2 look out for Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 in November that is set to be excellent....go to ign.com to check the latest on that ok

hey, yeah... skid rules :p
i've been lurkin' around but dont bother to post if i dont have any really important to say... :p and i never do..

anyway, i dont really play games anymore but i have a new found love for wrestling now... so since i dont have the chance to watch it on TV i  though it could be fun playin... but i dont bother buy an console for it though

thanks anyway ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2463 on: October 09, 2005, 10:48:02 PM »

No Mercy was fairly solid, nothing outstanding but enjoyable enough.....Kennedy was hilarious as usual  hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2464 on: October 09, 2005, 11:25:29 PM »

LOD & Christy beat MNM
Bobby Lashely beat Simon Dean
Benoit beat Booker,Orlando and Christian
JBL beat Mysterio
Ortons beat Undertaker
Juventud beat Nunzio
Batista beat Gurerro

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2465 on: October 10, 2005, 04:18:31 AM »

Mike Goldberg DID NOT COMMENTATE on UFC: 55 Fury at the weekend.
The plot thickens, he is a great commentator though!

Time to step down JR.

Evolution
« Reply #2466 on: October 10, 2005, 10:32:25 AM »

6/8 on my predictions. Was No Mercy worth my buying a VCD off of E-Bay anyone who watched it?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2467 on: October 10, 2005, 11:47:07 AM »

6/8 on my predictions. Was No Mercy worth my buying a VCD off of E-Bay anyone who watched it?
depends how much u pay...it was solid like i said but there were no amazing moments that you really need to see..

7/8 on my predictions
Evolution
« Reply #2468 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04:21 PM »

MMAWeekly.com, a major UFC source, posted the following just now:

Mike Goldberg was going to go to WWE, had a deal worked out, but at the last minute didn't feel right about it. Now the UFC can exhale as Goldberg has signed a new deal with Zuffa.

Terms of the WWE deal were not officially released, but one spokesperson from the WWE told MMAWeekly late Sunday night that Goldberg was originally offered a three year deal that would have made Goldberg quote "a millionaire". Goldberg's last show with the UFC was supposed to be last Monday night on the Spike TV LIVE show, but the UFC at the last minute made a huge deal at the 11th hour to take Goldberg back from the WWE.

The other thing that made the deal especially sweet for the UFC Broadcaster was the fact that he could continue to work for Fox Sports Network, while working for the UFC. The WWE would have made him quit his sportscasting job. FSN has Goldberg as their host for College Football games from their Los Angeles studios each week, as well as ACC college basketball games for college hoops. Not to mention he fills in as the host of the Best Damn Sports Show Period. With the new UFC deal, not only is it a big pay raise, but it still allows him to be a sports broadcaster.

As far as why the UFC re-signed Goldberg it's because of the amount of shows that Zuffa has increased for next years schedule. MMAWeekly has learned that the UFC will have 26 UFC Broadcasts scheduled for 2006, that's in addition to the 6 Pay Per views shows they do per year. That is a total of 32 UFC events scheduled for television next year.

Craig Hummer, the former L.A. County lifeguard who has done work for the Outdoor Life Network filled in on Friday night's pay per view, but it was obvious he didn't have the knowledge of the sport of MMA. With 32 shows on the way, Zuffa had to have the important fit for their play by play broadcaster.

Well looks like this Goldberg guy isn't WWE bound. J.R may be safe for now...or is he? we.com is pushing the whole firing angle hard
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2469 on: October 10, 2005, 01:14:13 PM »

J.R may be safe for now...or is he? wwe.com is pushing the whole firing angle hard
Well it seems the plan was put into motion last week when Vince said somebody is going to get fired for this e.g. Ross = Austin's best friend, or at least that's what all the rumour sites seem to of been thinking.  So are they just going to 'ignore it'....ditch the storyline? He made that comment so someone should get fired, it's more than possible that somebody was signed today in secret, not everything leeks out..
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #2470 on: October 10, 2005, 02:14:56 PM »

No Mercy was pretty decent.

I liked the Conflicted, yet still dickish heel psychology used by Eddie in the match and I also thought Ortons/Taker was booked very well. Nothing was flat out atrocious I would say.

Anyway in case it hasn't been posted yet, here is listing for the new Jake "The Snake" Roberts DVD Set

From www.silvervision.co.uk:

Jake The Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison DVD

Jake "the Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison reveals the real story behind the legend. Get insights into the man who instilled horror into the hearts and minds of Hulk Hogan, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat. Ultimate Warrior and others as he battled in some of the biggest matches of the 1980s and '90s.

Hear what it was like to carry a live, 70-pound smake. Go behind the scenes and learn more about the controversial battles with Jerry "The King" Lawler.
Listen as he reveals family tragedies, drug addictions and the personal demons that diverted his remarkable career.

A master storyteller, Jake Chronicles his amazing career highlights and unimaginable lowlights.

Plus 4 hours of extras, including many complete matches:
vs. Rickey Steamboat, Snake Pit Match, The Big Event - 28/08/86
vs. Honky Tonk Man, Wrestlemania III - 29/03/87
vs. Ravishing Rick Rude, Rude Awakening vs. DDT Match, MSG - 24/10/88
w/Ricky Steamboat vs. Jim Nelson & Mike Miller, Mid-Atlantic - 09/09/81
vs. Ronnie Garvin, World Television Championship Match, Georgia Championship - 12/03/83
vs. Leaping Lanny Poffo, MSG - 16/03/86
vs. Earthquake, Superstars - 27/04/91
vs. Sting, Coal Miner's Glove Match, Halloween Havoc - 25/10/92
vs. Dirty White Boy, Smoky Mountain Heavyweight Championship, Smoky Mountain Wrestling - 07/05/94
vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, King of the Ring Final - 23/06/96
vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler, SummerSlam - 18/08/96
w/Tommy Dreamer vs. Justin Credible & Jack Victory, November 2 Remember - 01/11/98

- The Snake Pit Moments with Hulk Hogan and Junkyard Dog
- Classic interviews & promos with Vince McMahon, Brother Love, Mene Gene Okerland and more

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2471 on: October 10, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »

No Mercy was pretty decent.

I liked the Conflicted, yet still dickish heel psychology used by Eddie in the match and I also thought Ortons/Taker was booked very well. Nothing was flat out atrocious I would say.

Anyway in case it hasn't been posted yet, here is listing for the new Jake "The Snake" Roberts DVD Set

From www.silvervision.co.uk:

Jake The Snake Roberts: Pick Your Poison DVD

Jake "the Snake" Roberts: Pick Your Poison reveals the real story behind the legend. Get insights into the man who instilled horror into the hearts and minds of Hulk Hogan, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat. Ultimate Warrior and others as he battled in some of the biggest matches of the 1980s and '90s.

Hear what it was like to carry a live, 70-pound smake. Go behind the scenes and learn more about the controversial battles with Jerry "The King" Lawler.
Listen as he reveals family tragedies, drug addictions and the personal demons that diverted his remarkable career.

A master storyteller, Jake Chronicles his amazing career highlights and unimaginable lowlights.

Plus 4 hours of extras, including many complete matches:
vs. Rickey Steamboat, Snake Pit Match, The Big Event - 28/08/86
vs. Honky Tonk Man, Wrestlemania III - 29/03/87
vs. Ravishing Rick Rude, Rude Awakening vs. DDT Match, MSG - 24/10/88
w/Ricky Steamboat vs. Jim Nelson & Mike Miller, Mid-Atlantic - 09/09/81
vs. Ronnie Garvin, World Television Championship Match, Georgia Championship - 12/03/83
vs. Leaping Lanny Poffo, MSG - 16/03/86
vs. Earthquake, Superstars - 27/04/91
vs. Sting, Coal Miner's Glove Match, Halloween Havoc - 25/10/92
vs. Dirty White Boy, Smoky Mountain Heavyweight Championship, Smoky Mountain Wrestling - 07/05/94
vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, King of the Ring Final - 23/06/96
vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler, SummerSlam - 18/08/96
w/Tommy Dreamer vs. Justin Credible & Jack Victory, November 2 Remember - 01/11/98

- The Snake Pit Moments with Hulk Hogan and Junkyard Dog
- Classic interviews & promos with Vince McMahon, Brother Love, Mene Gene Okerland and more
Kennedy's backstage segment w/ Booker T & Sharmell at No Mercy was hilarious, The Casket Match was decent...to my suprise....Taker sucks so bad at casket matches....he's lost to The Ortons, HBK, Goldust, Yokozuna Roll Eyes and they call it his speciality match...The Main Event was decent apart from the flat ending.....pinning Eddie with the spinebuster? Match of the night for me was JBL vs Rey Mysterio great Big Man vs. Little Man match with a refreshing ending....a clean heel win.

That Jake Roberts DVD looks great i will definately be getting it he's one of the all time greats, WWE DVDS are so fuckin' awesome! There are advantages to them owning so much of the wrestling world.....the endless video library's.? I was thinking they should release all WCW PPVs on DVD maybe each year as a box set at a bargain price obviously....it would be good to see some of the old school feuds over the course of many years, the likes of Ric Flair, Johnny B. Badd, Sting, The Steiners, nWo etc. I realise a lot of it was dodgy to say the least but at times it was so bad....well....it was hilarious......The Black Scorpion being a prime example and the hero of Wrestlecrap!

Edit: Here's a hilarious bit of news from http://www.wrestling-edge.com/newsarticle.php?page=130919831

This tidbit is a bit hard to believe, however, Dave Meltzer is reporting in a recent newsletter that Maven Huffman's girlfriend is none other than Luna Vachon. You read right, LUNA VACHON. Maven is filming for VH-1's reality show, "The Surreal Life" right now though. It's set to air in January. I believe Luna Vachon is still married to David Heath (Gangrel). More should come out eventually in regards to whether or not Maven and Luna are indeed an item. As soon as I find out something, I'll post it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 03:21:23 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2472 on: October 11, 2005, 10:08:31 AM »

Hmm, RAW fell a bit flat for me last night. I really enjoyed the six man though  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2473 on: October 11, 2005, 02:29:19 PM »

I liked Raw last night, I think it is amazing since they switched to back to USA, the skits are funnier and a little racier, the show was entertaining from start to finish, only match I fast forwarded through was Conway/Doink.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #2474 on: October 11, 2005, 03:08:26 PM »

Don't see you around the wrestling thread much D.

I liked the skit where HHH walked past all the faces. HHH/Cena i think is in the pipeline but it surprised me how fresh HHH/Big Show would be.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2475 on: October 11, 2005, 06:32:04 PM »

Don't see you around the wrestling thread much D.

I liked the skit where HHH walked past all the faces. HHH/Cena i think is in the pipeline but it surprised me how fresh HHH/Big Show would be.

Oh HHH/Cena is definately in the pipline, say Wrestlemania 22. "You want some, come get some!"..."when I want some...Ill take some!" ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Evolution
« Reply #2476 on: October 11, 2005, 08:43:36 PM »

Hmm Hunter with the WWE Title for the 1st time since Backlash 2002?

Just found Bret Hart DVD details.

He traveled the globe for the better part of two decades, winning the coveted WWE Championship as well as millions of fans. Born into wrestling royalty and fulfilling his destiny with the straight-laced attitude and finely tuned technical ability. Fans identified with his no-nonsense style and many of his peers call him one of the technical wrestlers of all time. A worldwide Superstar, he achieved the ultimate goal in sports-entertainment and suffered unimaginable personal tragedies. The is the Bret Hart story.

Hear from Bret Hart himself as he takes you through his early years with Stampede Wrestling, the Hart Foundation, his reign as WWE Champion, internal family feuds, Survivor Series 1997, WCW, the death of his brother, Owen Hart, and much more.

Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs (Madison Square Garden, 13/07/85)

Hart Foundation vs. Killer Bees (Madison Square Garden, 17/02/86)

Bret Hart vs. Ricky Streamboat (Boston Garden, 08/03/86)

Bret Hart vs. Ted DiBiase (Odessa, TX, 08/03/89)

Hart Foundation vs. Rockers (Saturday Night's Main Event, 28/04/90)

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Hart Foundation vs. Nasty Boys (Wrestlemania VII, 24/03/91)

WWE Intercontinental Match
Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (SummerSlam, 26/08/91)

Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (Barcelona, Spain, 24/04/93) (Spanish Commentary)

King of the Ring Semi-Final Match
Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect (King of the Ring, 13/06/93)

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X, 20/03/94)

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (White Plains, NY, 29/09/94)

Bret Hart vs Hakushi (In Your House, 14/05/95)

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Diesel (Survivor Series, 19/11/95)

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (In Your House, 17/12/95)

Submission Match
Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania 13, 23/03/97)

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Undertaker (One Night Only, 20/09/97)

Owen Hart Tribute Match
Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit (WCW Nitro, 04/10/99)

Also:

~ The Kiwis are interviewed on Stampede Wrestling
~ Dean Hart Tribute
~ You Start the Fire Music Video
~ Bret Hart pays tribute to his colleagues that have passed away
~ Bret discusses the origin of the dungeon
~ Bret discusses being away from home on Halloween
~ Bret on friendships formed in the Hart Foundation
~ Bret on the origin of the Sharpshooter
~ Bret tell how Owen crank-called Stu Hart
~ The Family Tree
~ Learning the ropes
~ Sunglasses
~ Being a Villain
~ Real matches

I do believe this DVD is a double dipped cream dream for us all
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2477 on: October 11, 2005, 08:55:38 PM »

When I Want It....I'll Take It Wink

DVD looks awesome!

RAW was hit and miss for me.  The 6 Man & Woman's Title Match were both great matches, the other 2 were a waste of time.  With the overlong Mcmahon segment at the end i failed to see the point of Steph at the beginning she just took up time.  The Cabana ruled! HHH backstage = great HHH's explanation = bollocks, it took him this long to realise how crap Flair is? My only other complaint is the absence of the entire tag division (new team debuts, win belts, division could be on the way up....then....2 weeks no appearance) as well as great wrestlers such as Shelton Benjamin.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2478 on: October 12, 2005, 12:28:59 AM »

I will definitely pick up the Bret hart DVD without question.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2479 on: October 12, 2005, 01:44:54 AM »

The McMahon segments really dragged on.  I don't mind Vince getting involved with the storyline now and then, but they need to keep Steph and Linda away from the camera.  They're both terrible actors and they bring down every segment they're in.  When Steph McMahon makes an appearance, I switch to Monday Night Football.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: