Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845108 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2440 on: October 05, 2005, 07:17:04 PM »

wwe.com has an update about Hardcore Holly challenging Mr. Kennedy to a match at No Mercy. I guess this will provide some points that Stoned desperately needs
rofl looking at the Smackdown Spoilers you're in need to....hey No Mercy = Wins 4 Lashley, Kennedy & hopefully Nitro Smiley

I hope and expect this to be a short-lived feud, is he really going to lose his 100% record to Hardcore Holly?

Will Lashley job to Dean?

And on the subject of Homecoming, decent show overall, i agree with Loften on the Ladder Match, it happened several times throughout the camera shoots to the ring and the ladders have magicly put themselves up..mmmm....and at one point you see a referee pulling it out of the ring....what in the match rules says that refs have to pull ladders out of the ring?  Really irritating just shows laziness if you ask me they could easily work the ladders being moved into the match by the wrestlers themselves rather than having the referee do it.

Linda Mcmahon you stupid bitch, you managed to fall victim to the worst stunner ever, talk about not being able to sell.

Shane Mcmahon should be on RAW every week for....1 minute.....just have him come out, do his dance and get quickly taken out by a different superstar each week.....it's worth it just for his dancing hihi

Hogan vs. Austin = Genius on WWE's part.? As usual they are catering to the majority who i call 'Idiot' fans who get sucked in on name value alone.? These guys are effectively retired, it will be a one-off and it doesn't matter whether the match sucks or not because if you're watching it you will of already bought the PPV and the important thing will be the build-up and WWE has faith in both these guys on the mic and the fans always pop huge for both of them.....if 'Mania was in Canada would they cheer Hogan and boo Austin or is he a lot more popular than The Rock? (We'll never know anyway since it's in Chicago)

Survivor Series 'Predicted' Card looks like it has potential....it's still low on matches though

Anybody wanting to read something weird, crazy, uncalled for, possibly honest in parts but mainly bullshit to make himself sound great go here - http://ultimatewarrior.com/09.27.05DVDII.htm be warned though he says some nasty things.

For anyone wondering briefly what it's about, since it is quite long it's The Ultimate Warrior talking about the DVD and mainly slagging people off.? He makes out HHH copied him (i find that amusing since he is a great in-ring competitor unlike the guy writing the piece), he rips into Heenan and seems quite happy that he's now dying and he lays into Vince lots to....it's worth reading just for the shock value that someone could be so nasty and big headed, he believes he is a bigger draw than Hogan and that Bret Hart & HBK were B-Level stars compared to him, aside from the Heenan comments the piece is quite amusing ok
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 07:21:48 PM by Stoned » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2441 on: October 06, 2005, 12:26:20 AM »

Its hard to believe there's a bigger prick in the wrestling world than Hogan, but I think Warrior takes the cake.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2442 on: October 06, 2005, 05:15:56 PM »

Its hard to believe there's a bigger prick in the wrestling world than Hogan, but I think Warrior takes the cake.
Yeah well Hogan is a dick and some of the things Warrior says do ring true but he goes too far and some stuff is obvious ego-inflated bullshit.

One thing that i have read that i would say is most probably true is Warrior was only brought into WCW so Hogan could even the score and that's why soon after he had Warrior left....that's classic Hogan Prickness....someone could (and probably has) written a book on all his moments of being a prick it's probably longer than the whole of The Bible...

Source: The Wrestling Observer

We have more information on the current announce team situation for RAW.

Mike Goldberg, current announcer for UFC, has been contacted by WWE and asked about replacing Jim Ross on the announce booth. Goldberg has been telling friends in UFC that he will be taking the offer. His friends in UFC have told him that it is going to be a very tough position to fill. Goldberg does not watch pro wrestling and really has no knowledge of the product.

Goldberg will not be doing the PPV tomorrow night but it has nothing to do with WWE as he has had prior commitments that were well known before this.

As of this time, we are not sure if Mike has signed the contract or not. As for when he is starting, we're told it is imminent so if he signs before Monday it could begin as soon as this week.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes but this is a major topic of discussion among many within WWE. WWE will likely portray the move as a way to boost ratings and viewership for people who will be watching RAW Unlimited on the internet. Jim Ross is currently slated to take over that.

In case you're wondering, not very many people believe this move makes much sense.

As a UFC fan i have heard this guy and he is perfectly competent as a commentator and i would love things to be freshened up, i am sick and tired of Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler they have become tired and stale....

There is though one comment which annoys me and makes me think his signing is an awful idea:
Goldberg does not watch pro wrestling and really has no knowledge of the product

So he has no knowledge of the history, classic matches or how things work....what are they gonna do...get him to watch the entire video library in the space of a month Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #2443 on: October 06, 2005, 06:21:21 PM »

Someone like Todd Grisham would be very good at reading out the news or doing a live report but as he doesn't seem to know much about wrestling he sucks. This Goldberg news makes me feel the same way. Get Joey Styles in! He'd be perfect foil for cocky Coach
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2444 on: October 06, 2005, 07:23:38 PM »

Someone like Todd Grisham would be very good at reading out the news or doing a live report but as he doesn't seem to know much about wrestling he sucks. This Goldberg news makes me feel the same way. Get Joey Styles in! He'd be perfect foil for cocky Coach
Well before JR we had the awesome Gorilla Monsoon but he's unfortunately no longer with us, Styles is ECW his style just does not suit, Grisham is just another Michael Cole/Todd Pettingill/Sean Mooney moron who you'll look back on in years to come and think, fuck he was crappy but in a funny kind of way, i always got a kick out of Pettingill even though he sucked.  Mike Tenay in TNA is pretty decent and that guy knows his stuff ok The best commentator working for WWE now who isn't on one of the main shows is probably Josh Matthews he ain't too bad.  I would love to see Tony Schiavone for comedy value if nothing else....hey they could even have Dusty Rhodes do it hihi

On the replacing Lawler front i would love to see Ventura take his place he rocked! As did Bobby Heenan the best non-wrestler on the mic EVER! Unfortunately his throat cancer has fucked up any chance of that happening which is a real shame.....

I think the best option for both positions would be to bring in people who are new, unknowns, with talent and who know more about the business than everyone in this thread combined ok
Evolution
« Reply #2445 on: October 06, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

Mike Tenay in TNA is pretty decent and that guy knows his stuff

Of course, how could i forget the professor?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2446 on: October 07, 2005, 12:58:24 AM »

I'm happy they're shaking up the announce team.  JR and The King were great at one time, but they definitely have gotten stale and rather boring.  I liked the addition of The Coach, but he really doesn't get a chance to talk all that much.  I'd rather have Stephanie McMahon on the announce team than Tony Shiavone...man do I hate that guy.  I'm not a very big fan of Tenay, but he is knowledgeable.  Joey Styles' style might not suit, but I'd still love to see him on the team.  He's one of the all-time best.  I agree with Evolution, him and Coach could be a great team for years to come.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2447 on: October 07, 2005, 07:05:02 AM »

Oh, JR used to be great. When I was younger.

Now, he's horrible to listen to.

The worst thing about him is that he outright lies. Now, I used to enjoy how he would make the smallest thing sound like the world was about to end. Not anymore.

"His head just bounced straight of the steel!!!"

Errr, no 'good ol', his head was clearly nowhere near it. You're just lying.

Playing on the truth is fine, because we all know that it is fake. But treating the viewers as idiots?

Michael Cole and Taz are by far the better commentating team these days.

Plus, Jim Ross has started to fuck up more, and more, and more. 'What a DDT!' What, you mean that choke slam?

Fair enough, it's not that extreme, but he's started to piss me right off...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2448 on: October 07, 2005, 08:11:22 AM »

Back in the Monsoon/Ventura/Heenan days the entertaining was so good it actually carried poor matches, they were often quite hilarious and purposely so.? I find Cole & Tazz amusing but in a crap kind of way

Tazz on Crash Holly in May 2003;
Crash is a vegetarian Cole...He tosses salad

Tazz, Survivor Series 2002;
Noble's got something up his sleeve here; but he has no shirt on, so he has no sleeves.

Tazz, September 2002;
A '6' and a '9'. What's that (equal): 14?

A lot of 'Es' in this match: Edge, Eddie, Edge, Eddie....

Brock Lesnar just showed us why he is the most dominant WWE champion in history - Tazz, after Lesnar flattened the fearsome Funaki hihi

I could go on all day with these, i have the wonderful Powerslam magazine to thank for these, i may post some more later ok
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 08:13:16 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2449 on: October 07, 2005, 11:58:41 AM »

Well the No Mercy card has seven matches so far, but i always feel a PPV needs 8. Here's hoping WWE get a CW title match on there. Nunzio/Kendrick for example?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2450 on: October 07, 2005, 12:36:57 PM »

Well the No Mercy card has seven matches so far, but i always feel a PPV needs 8. Here's hoping WWE get a CW title match on there. Nunzio/Kendrick for example?
That would be a good match, but with no build up nobody would care and the booking squad would allow them about 4 minutes being the morons they are....

Anyway here is the No Mercy Card[/u]
Eddie Guerrero vs. World Heavyweight Champion Batista
Undertaker vs. Bob and Randy Orton
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. Booker T vs. Orlando Jordan vs. Christian
Rey Mysterio vs. JBL
L.O.D. & Christy Hemme vs. MNM
Simon Dean vs. Bobby Lashley
Hardcore Holly vs. Ken Kennedy
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2451 on: October 07, 2005, 05:00:07 PM »

You bastard! rant

How the hell did you get your title changed to that!

Jarmo is a freaking dictator! ( Thank God he refuses to view this thread)
Evolution
« Reply #2452 on: October 07, 2005, 07:50:31 PM »

In the main event, SmackDown's cruiserweights will compete in a Battle Royal to determine who goes to No Mercy to face Nunzio for the Cruiserweight Championship.

just got this off wwe.com. fucking nice!  Grin
Evolution
« Reply #2453 on: October 08, 2005, 06:58:23 AM »

Another solid show from the Blue Brand. No Mercy is shaping up to be an entertaining show ok
Evolution
« Reply #2454 on: October 08, 2005, 10:23:40 AM »

Well we can now add Nunzio Vs Juvi to No Mercy

Predicitons

Batista/Guerrero = Batista
Benoit/Orlando/Booker/Christian = Benoit
L.O.D and Christy/MNM = MNM
Ortons/Taker = Taker
JBL/Mysterio = JBL
Dean/Lashley = Lashley
Kennedy/Holly = Kennedy
Nunzio/Juventud = Juventud
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2455 on: October 08, 2005, 12:08:46 PM »

Id be pissed if Jr got fired...I think the 3 of them are great

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2456 on: October 08, 2005, 12:10:33 PM »

No Mercy Predictions

Batista
Chris Benoit
MNM
Undertaker
JBL
Lashley
Kennedy
Juventud

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2457 on: October 08, 2005, 01:25:53 PM »

Id be pissed if Jr got fired...I think the 3 of them are great
Seriously? Maybe you haven't been watching it for as long or something but for me they're so stale now, they've been around for years and been doing the same old tired act for way too long it's time for some fresh blood, i wouldn't mind if Heyman came back for a bit instead of King his enthusiam was always good 'Gore! Gore! Gore!'
Evolution
« Reply #2458 on: October 09, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »

We are told that Mike Goldberg has turned down WWE's offer after talking with friends about how Vince McMahon works. That was the latest as of yesterday. He has been fighting with this huge decision over the last week and this whole situation is just a mess.

It looks as if Ross will be calling RAW for now until they can come up with a replacement.

www.wrestlingexposed.com

Hmm....the plot thickens
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2459 on: October 09, 2005, 04:00:15 PM »

Ahhh nuts...mmm....well he knew nothing about wrestling but Ross is past it...mmm....err...i know i'll ring up the boss and put myself forward......Stoned & The Coach smoking  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: