Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845425 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2380 on: September 18, 2005, 12:45:12 PM »

Mon the HBK,Big Show and Cade/Murdoch tonight!  hihi

Im already enjoying the Batista/Guerrero "feud" on Smackdown already, Eddie is hilarious as the fake friend and Batista's humour fits perfectly into it. It should be a good match also, Eddie deserves a top feud after being a kiddy snatcher for the last few months
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2381 on: September 18, 2005, 01:17:48 PM »

Im already enjoying the Batista/Guerrero "feud" on Smackdown already, Eddie is hilarious as the fake friend and Batista's humour fits perfectly into it. It should be a good match also, Eddie deserves a top feud after being a kiddy snatcher for the last few months
Yeah...Eddie is great and in the one segment he managed to bring the best out of Batista...We actually know the big guy has a personality now
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2382 on: September 19, 2005, 08:33:01 AM »

Unforgiven Review
Ric Flair def. Intercontinental Champion Carlito - This match was a great start to the show.  This was a solid bout and to my surprise i actually liked Flair winning & his also made it off the top rope at long last.....Wooooooo!  His after match speech and his post match celebrations throughout were hilarious and he brought so much value back to the belt saying how much it meant to him, great way to make people care about the title again.

Trish & Ashley def. Torrie & Victoria - Trish was on top form in this match and thank God she was, Ashley was awful i had terrible flashbacks of Jackie Gayda's debut when she was in the ring, overall ok Diva match.

Shelton Benjamin def. Kerwin White - This match was way better than their encounter on RAW and their were some decent spots in this match, i hope they continue to feud as these 2 work well together in the ring.

Big Show def. Snitsky - Standard stuff you would expect off these 2 - Boring Crap!

Matt Hardy def. Edge - This match was awesome, you had blood, The Side Effect off the tope rope, Leg Drop off the top of the cage, lot's of false finishes these 2 put on a really good match...awesome stuff!

Cade & Murdoch def. World Tag Team Champions Hurricane & Rosey - This was slow and boring, i was really disappointed with this one, the only decent spot was Murdoch's Killer DDT on Hurricane, there was too much Rosey which i will attribute to the match being poor, still...good result...new champs...decent champs...Woooo!

Shawn Michaels def. Chris Masters - This match was nothing special either i found this quite boring to, it got good at the end and the result was decent but overall...very poor...send Masters back to OVW

Kurt Angle def. WWE Champion John Cena (by DQ) - This was nowhere near as good as their previous match, it was quite a let down but it seems they've set it up for a rematch so hopefully that will be better.

Overall = B+ - The show surprised me and watch much better than i expected, not a great show but a solid one ok
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2383 on: September 19, 2005, 02:48:18 PM »

Now my thoughts on the PPV.  I honestly thought it was pretty damn boring for the most part.  Flair beating Carlito was good.  The match was ok, and the speech afterwards and the sick 5-some he got going were pretty cool too.  The womens' match would've been much better off if it was just Trish vs. Victoria...since they're the only two women in the company that can work seemingly.  Benjamin vs. Chavo was good, but could've been better.  Also it doesn't really do much for either guy, and both deserve better.  Show over Snitsky wasn't as bad as I thougt it would be...that doesn't mean it was good.  Hardy/Edge was the match of the night.  Not a classic, but still good.  I thought a lot of the match dragged on and was a bit boring, but the high spots and the finish made up for it.  I genuinely felt good for Hardy after he won.  The tag title match did what it needed to do, which was get the belts off of Hurricane and Rosey and onto a team with some respectability.  Michaels over Masters was also better than expected (cause Michaels carried it of course).  If Masters would've won I'd probably've thrown something through the TV.  The main event also dragged on until the end.  It started to get ptretty good, then the lame as finish.  Hopefully this feud continues with Angle eventually taking the gold.

Overall: C+...An average show at best.  Some good things were accomplished (Increasing the value of the IC and Tag Titles), but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.  I think the ending had a lot to do with it.  By the way, after the Michaels/Masters match the announce team was talking about how still nobody has broken the Master Lock.  Is it me or did Michaels break it like 4 times in that one match?  Whatever.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2384 on: September 19, 2005, 03:07:31 PM »

Overall: C+...An average show at best.? Some good things were accomplished (Increasing the value of the IC and Tag Titles), but the whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.? I think the ending had a lot to do with it.? By the way, after the Michaels/Masters match the announce team was talking about how still nobody has broken the Master Lock.? Is it me or did Michaels break it like 4 times in that one match?? Whatever.
Reason i liked it so much was that what dragged did not drag me for too long and i did not find much boring stuff i was also extremely happy with Flair & The Cage Match.  As for breaking The Master Lock in the world of idiotic WWE booking to actually 'break it' you have to power out of it, show your stronger, HBK supposedly never broke it, Masters was forced to release it because of the low blow & the rope break and he also slid out of it before it was actually applied.  It really is dumb though, who cares how strong he is HBK still got out of the hold...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2385 on: September 19, 2005, 04:48:07 PM »

Yeah, the Flair thing was cool.  Except for the part about Triple H.  I think he layed it on a little thick there.  You can tell he has a lot of respect for the guy.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2386 on: September 19, 2005, 07:34:30 PM »

Monday Night RAW will be heading back home to the USA Network on Oct. 3. The historic three-hour RAW will start at 7:55 p.m. ET.

Many former WWE Champions will be making their return to RAW for "The WWE Homecoming" on Oct. 3, including Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan Mick Foley and the return of Triple H.

All of this is in addition to Mr. McMahon, WWE Champion John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair and a host of WWE legends being a part of the historic, star-studded evening. Many legends already confirmed for Oct. 3 include:

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jimmy Hart, Hillbilly Jim, Superstar Billy Graham, The Iron Sheik, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Fabulous Moolah, Mae Young, Harley Race, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Chief Jay Strongbow, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Nikolai Volkoff and Koko B. Ware.

RAW flourished during its seven-year run on USA network, establishing cable rating records as WWE fans flocked to the television each and every Monday night. And it?s happening all over again, so don?t miss RAW on Oct. 3 for this televised homecoming.

Jim Duggan & Koko B. Ware  rofl that's classic cartoon era nostalga  rofl i ain't seen those guys in years, brings back great childhood memories can't wait!

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of former Tough Enough hopeful Brian Danovich. WWE wishes Brian the best in his future endeavors.

Who?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2387 on: September 20, 2005, 01:38:44 AM »

I wonder if Koko's parrot is still around?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2388 on: September 21, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »

According to John Laurinaitis, Vice President of Talent Relations for World Wrestling Entertainment, Mark Copani, a.k.a. Muhammad Hassan, and WWE have decided to go their separate ways.

Copani, who was last seen at The Great American Bash in late-July, had nothing but positive remarks about his WWE experience in recent phone interview.

"I have a great appreciation for WWE and the way they treated me," said Copani. "Everybody took care of me even more than they ever had to. I have a great deal of gratitude for the McMahons, the people in the office and the boys in the locker room. I have absolutely no grievances in the way that everything played out. In fact, the split was very amicable. I just thought that it was in my best interest, as well as WWE's best interest, for us to go our separate ways."

With WWE now in his past, Copani is heading to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting. But does that mean WWE fans will never see the former Muhammad Hassan in a wrestling ring again?

"Wrestling is in my back pocket for now," admitted Copani. "Luckily, the door was left open for a return if that is what I wish to do in the future. And if that's something I wish to do, I know who to call."
Evolution
« Reply #2389 on: September 22, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »

Fucks sake, Oh well i guess Hassan in the short time he was around was always contrivesial.

I think Brian was the guy who got a contract solely for doing the assault course with an injured arm?
Evolution
« Reply #2390 on: September 24, 2005, 11:32:10 AM »

Well i think Smackdown was a decent show. I want to see more of Bobby Lashley in the ring. I think he has potential.

The Casket Match at No Mercy should be interesting  hihi Will Bob fit in a casket?  nervous
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2391 on: September 24, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »

The main page of WWE.com features a large graphic of The Ultimate Warrior (circa 1990) with the following open invitation: World Wrestling Entertainment would like to issue an open invitation to the Ultimate Warrior. The former WWE Champion recently declined to be a part of the DVD ?The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior.? The DVD, which promises to be one of the most controversial releases ever, features many former and current WWE Superstars talking about Warrior in a negative light. Now Ultimate Warrior has the opportunity to respond to those that have been verbally attacking him when Byte This! offers him an open invitation and open microphone Wednesday night. With recent reports stating that the DVD is a complete burrial of the former World Wrestling Federation Champion, it should be very interesting to hear whether or not Warrior accepts their offer. Warrior posted a very long commentary on his website back in July responding to reports that WWE was producing a negative DVD about his career.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2392 on: September 24, 2005, 02:28:47 PM »

The man is fucking crazy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2393 on: September 24, 2005, 03:49:20 PM »

The man is fucking crazy
True but i find him fun, loved the guy as a kid and can't wait to get the DVD! I want him to have one last match against Hogan hihi

Smackdown was good again...Lashley rocks! Kennedy was hilarious again my main complaint is although the Guerrero thing was funny at the start of the show they really did go TOO far no
makane
Legend

« Reply #2394 on: September 24, 2005, 05:29:12 PM »

It's so fucking obviouse that Randy does RKO to his father, blaah? Angry

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2395 on: September 24, 2005, 10:02:32 PM »

From WWE.com:

Monday Night RAW isn't the only WWE show that is moving.

Starting next weekend, both HEAT and Velocity will now be available to watch on WWE.com. The VOD-style programs available to residents of the United States will still feature the same great original matches. In addition, however, each show will also have unique content never before seen on the program.

So be sure to log onto WWE.com next Friday afternoon to watch the inaugural edition of HEAT on the Internet. Then watch Velocity on Saturday morning, starting at 10 a.m. ET.

Note: As noted here on the site this past week, the wrestlers were informed at a recent pre-show meeting that there would be no roster cuts due to Heat and Velocity being cancelled in the United States. They still need to tape Heat for international viewing so they decided to also add the show to WWE.com similar to what TNA does with Impact! Linda McMahon also noted in a recent conference call that WWE was really going to try and add more content to the WWE.com website.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2396 on: September 25, 2005, 01:20:34 AM »

I was never a fan of The Warrior.  Does this Warrior DVD have any matches on it, or is it more of a documentary type thing...or both?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2397 on: September 25, 2005, 05:25:18 AM »

From WWE.com:

Monday Night RAW isn't the only WWE show that is moving.

Starting next weekend, both HEAT and Velocity will now be available to watch on WWE.com. The VOD-style programs available to residents of the United States will still feature the same great original matches. In addition, however, each show will also have unique content never before seen on the program.

So be sure to log onto WWE.com next Friday afternoon to watch the inaugural edition of HEAT on the Internet. Then watch Velocity on Saturday morning, starting at 10 a.m. ET.

Note: As noted here on the site this past week, the wrestlers were informed at a recent pre-show meeting that there would be no roster cuts due to Heat and Velocity being cancelled in the United States. They still need to tape Heat for international viewing so they decided to also add the show to WWE.com similar to what TNA does with Impact! Linda McMahon also noted in a recent conference call that WWE was really going to try and add more content to the WWE.com website.
Does this mean it will still run in the WWE Game then?

I was never a fan of The Warrior.? Does this Warrior DVD have any matches on it, or is it more of a documentary type thing...or both?
hihi it's both...you don't wanna by the DVD for the matches anyway....it's basically a lot of former and current stars saying what they think of him and stuff he did basically calling him an Asshole. Here are the details;

The Ultimate Warrior ? a household name and icon in sports-entertainment.

A driving guitar beat heralded his explosion to the ring with his signature arm bands and face paint. His intensity was unparalleled. His controversial personality was equally unmatched. Learn about the man and the myth from the people who witnessed his meteoric rise to the WWE Championship in a victory against Hulk Hogan before 67,000 fans at Wrestlemania VI. Hear from the Superstars who worked with the man.

Did he burn out or drop out?

Relive his feuds with "Macho Man" Randy Savage, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Hulk Hogan and more. Exclusive interviews with Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff break down the Ultimate Warrior's stints in WWE & WCW. Find out exactly what happened at Summerslam 1991 when The Ultimate Warrior held up the WWE for more money!

DVD Extras:

vs Terry Gibbs - Wrestling Challenge 24/10/87
vs Honky Tonk Man - Intercontinental Championship Match - Summerslam 29/8/88
vs Hulk Hogan - Title vs Title Match - Wrestlemania VI 1/4/90
vs Ravishing Rick Rude - WWE Championship Steel Cage Match - Summerslam 17/8/90
vs Macho King Randy Savage - Retirement Match - Wrestlemania VII 24/3/91

I'll be getting it soon so when i do i'll write a review for it.

The following has just been posted on WWE.com:

In addition, it has just been announced that Mick Foley will be "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's guest on Piper's Pit.

Also, several huge matches have been signed for "WWE Homecoming," including Edge vs. Matt Hardy in a "Loser Leaves RAW, Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match" and General Manager Eric Bischoff vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship.

Shawn Michaels vs. Angle in a 30 minute Iron Man match has also been added.

WOW....this show has taken a sudden turn for the better, Ironman & Ladder Matches & Koko B. Ware  hihi .....it's like i've died and gone to heaven  rofl
Evolution
« Reply #2398 on: September 25, 2005, 10:02:29 AM »

That iron man is going to kick serious face.

If your wondering "that's a stupid saying" well damn right it is. I was watching Eurosport yesterday and their commentators for the half hour condensed editions of of TNA iMPACT totally suck.

"Here comes Jeff Jarrett, he can kick some serious face"  no
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2399 on: September 26, 2005, 02:51:48 AM »

Yeah, The Warrior was totally overrated as a worker.  He was almost as bad as Hogan.  Thank God they don't have that Hogan/Warrior match from WCW...absolutely horrendous match.  I'm pretty psyched about this Raw Homecoming.  It looks like they got a lot of cool shit lined up.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: