Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845621 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #2340 on: September 07, 2005, 07:42:41 AM »

Theyre great when theyre supporting someone ie. christy hemme with eugene, BUT diva matches suck.
the asshley & carlito thing was also pretty funny, though carlito did all the work? Tongue

what comes to the new wrestlers: i hate when they bring a new team of fat old guys, why not some guys like Paul London & Rey Mysterio who are REAL athletes, much more entertaining.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 07:46:58 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2341 on: September 07, 2005, 08:05:27 AM »

what comes to the new wrestlers: i hate when they bring a new team of fat old guys, why not some guys like Paul London & Rey Mysterio who are REAL athletes, much more entertaining.
New team of fat old guys?  If you been Cade/Murdoch, Murdoch is the only overweight one but that doesn't bother me since he proved himself in the ring.  Rey Mysterio is doing fine, damn well considering how anti-little guys they are.  He rolls around in the upper midcard part...it's all good although i'd rather he fought in the cruiserweight division to give it more importance.  Paul London is a great cruiserweight talent but WWE are not high up on him, they've banned his finisher, the script writers are making him an awful whiney heel, they're killing the guy, he was doing well in the tag team with Billy Kidman but the intelligent guys split them up, had them feud (which was a damn good feud), then when it was all over put them back on velocity out of the way.  One shit new team is Viscera & Val Venis...maybe you meant them.  Venis has the in-ring skills and is just as talented as he was in 1998...actually i would say he is a better wrestler now the gimmick is dated though he needs it updating or changing as he is a decent worker.  Viscera, is awful, crap gimmick (he seems to have a thing for men now.....always buggering The Heart Throbs...watch out Val ) he has fuck all in-ring skills and always has he needs ditching along with RoseyHurricane should of gone to Smackdown become Sugar Shane Helms, put this time rather than the boy band thing he could be an evil heel prima donna who thinks he's all that, put him in the cruiserweight division and you have another dude to give it more value.
makane
Legend

« Reply #2342 on: September 07, 2005, 09:55:42 AM »

Yeye, I just feel there's so many guys who could do so much better, but the matches are written so boringly, do you ever feel that? I KNOW John Cena could do much more/better, but now he does like 4 moves? only guys who have well written/coreographed matches are Rey rey, Angle, Mexicools, Shelton and very rarely some other guys like Eddie? Undecided
Does anyone know how the moves of the matches are compiled? Im just so frustrated with some matchess which only seem to have "big right hands", even the wrestlers athletic talent could offer so much more.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:57:26 AM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2343 on: September 07, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »

Yeye, I just feel there's so many guys who could do so much better, but the matches are written so boringly, do you ever feel that? I KNOW John Cena could do much more/better, but now he does like 4 moves?
I know where your coming from dude and i agree 110%? The problem is all the 'big spots' they had in matches during the attitude era were causing too many injuries so they've been forced to tone it down for safety's sake and so WWE wrestlers last for many more years than they otherwise would.? That's why the moonsault has been banned (there have been exceptions like Matt Hardy recently using it...but he had to ask), that's why the cruiserweights have become very boring in general, that's why Frankie Kazarian left so soon.? The problem is making all the guys tone down their moves, everyone is now meant to wrestle the same way - 80 style.? This is where the match starts slowly and builds up adding bigger spots along the way, the match tells a story so to speak e.g. HBK vs Kurt Angle, this style suits guys like them and HHH because they are masters at it and that's why they can still put in the superb matches that they do.? The cruiserweights though are worthless (in general) with their high flying spots.? Guys like Chavo Guerrero, Tajiri, Jamie Noble & Rey Mysterio are great 'wrestlers' they can work well from the ground, Chavo especially and these guys fit into the new style.? Guys like Paul London & Brian Kendrick don't though, i saw their match this past week on Velocity, it should of been superb but i found myself totally and utterly bored, if WWE said go out their and do what you want then they would blow your minds.? As for John Cena, i can only go off what i have read but many reports on the internet have said in OVW he was a damn good wrestler and the reason he looks a bit shoddy these days is WWE's current style does not suit they guy....whether that's true though...i really don't know.

Does anyone know how the moves of the matches are compiled?
From what i know before tha match certain things are decided.? Any big spots and the finish are always decided before the guys have the match, the rest from what i know is generally improvised, they are given an idea of how the match is going to go, what moves to use and what not to do e.g. moves that are banned.? Considering some matches go 15 minutes and behind they have to improvise a bit, these guys are wrestlers....not memory men.? The referee also knows how things are going to go, you will often notice in a match the wrestlers talking to each other or the referee talking to them, this is simply to tell them what to do next, what's left, which direction the match is going in etc.

TNA is definately worth checking out if your sick of the toned down style dude, they have fuck all limitations and do some crazy shit, anyone here seen Primetime Elix Skipper do that leg scissors thing off the top of the cage awhile back...that was amazing stuff.

Theyre great when theyre supporting someone ie. christy hemme with eugene, BUT diva matches suck.
Alas, it wasn't always that way, back in the mid 90s when the division was just as small Alundra Blayze & Bull Nakano put on some top class matches, those diva's could wrestle.  Now WWE employs 2, decent women wrestlers Victoria, who is the best one by far only Diva better in the ring than her in recent years was Molly Holly but the morons at the top fired her, and the other one is Trish Stratus who is fairly decent in the ring....at least for a Diva, and before anyone even says it...NO...Lita is NOT a good wrestler.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 10:27:40 AM by Stoned » Logged
makane
Legend

« Reply #2344 on: September 07, 2005, 10:34:53 AM »

I tried to watch TNA, but it was so "amateur" that I couldn't go on. I remember watching some SIX MAN LADDER MATCH which had the Dudley brothers, Jeff & Matt Hardy and Christian and Edge, awsome. I also enjoyed the SIX MAN HELL IN A CELL which had the Rock, HHH, Angle, Undertaker, Rikishi and Stone Cold Steve Austin, fucking awsome(and ridiculouse? hihi).

Evolution
« Reply #2345 on: September 07, 2005, 01:26:58 PM »

I agree that the early TNA PPV's looked awfully amateur but the newer set they use for iMPACT and the six sided ring looks pretty modern to me. But really the only action im in it for is in the ring.

I hear an the next TNA ppv it will be Christopher Daniels Vs AJ Vs Samoa Joe for the X division title Shocked   If only the Wrestling Channel invested in up to date TNA programming  Undecided
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2346 on: September 07, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »

I don't see why they've put such limitations on the cruiserweights.  I don't think its to prevent injury in their case, cause they obviously don't give two shits about their careers.  Most of them are buried on Velocity anyway.  If you're not gonna push these guys in any way, you might as well let them go at each other like they're capable of.  That's what WCW did back in the day.  If WCW got it right with the cruiserweights why can't WWE?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2347 on: September 07, 2005, 01:42:12 PM »

I don't see why they've put such limitations on the cruiserweights.? I don't think its to prevent injury in their case, cause they obviously don't give two shits about their careers.? Most of them are buried on Velocity anyway.? If you're not gonna push these guys in any way, you might as well let them go at each other like they're capable of.? That's what WCW did back in the day.? If WCW got it right with the cruiserweights why can't WWE?
Politics.  Firstly though WWE does not like paying wages for injured stars and the injury rate has gone down since they toned stuff down.  Thing is i think the cruiserweights should be allowed to do their own thing...but....and this is only what i've read it's not proven fact, guys like Angle & HHH like this new style it suits them and their injury prone bodies but they also want to be the stars with the best spots they don't want guys lower down the card showing them up, why do you think all the top guys in general get to bleed, doing a blade job can add a lot to a match fans lap it up so it's saved for the top guys, i've lost count of how many times HHH has been bust open whereas how often do cruiserweights get that opportunity...ahh wait that would involve weapons...and cool matches like ladder ones....oh yeah WWE doesn't give these guys (the one's who are best at them) these matches Roll Eyes
Evolution
« Reply #2348 on: September 07, 2005, 01:47:17 PM »

Who remembers Ultimo Dragon?  hihi   I heard he is off to TNA. Thank fuck, finally a great Dragon match in modern times will happen on US soil
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2349 on: September 07, 2005, 05:23:55 PM »

Did you see Ashley in the ring Monday?!?

I'm just waiting for one of these diva winners to break thier necks; maybe a paralysis is what's needed to teach a lesson

What a beautiful compassionate thing to say!? Undecided

Unfortunately, Sex sells! So we will be seeing the Divas for quite some time yet, us hardened fanatics know thats all they are there for so get used it. Jees, they have only been here for about 6-7 years now.

Like Vince's love for the "Big Man" we have to accept that bar a terrible occurance as you suggested above the Divas are here to stay, as much as well all hate it!

Well nothing happened yet, so I don't have anything to be compassionate about.

But then again, I woudn't have much compassion for those who play drunken Russian Roulette every weekend, If something were to happen to them. Undecided

I know the sex sells deal and all, but some should not be in the ring until they are ready.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2350 on: September 08, 2005, 12:16:14 AM »

Hey, guys, I'm almost all the way through this book, The Death Of WCW.  This thing is a must read for wrestling fans.  Its so damn interesting.  Seriously, every page I learn a few things that are absolutely unbelievable.  You guys won't believe how terrible things got during the latter years of the company.  And if you don't hate Hulk Hogan yet, you damn sure will after reading this book.  Thins got so bad during the dying years of the company...its so sad but so funny at the same time.  Anything I can write won't do this thing justice.  I recomend you pick it up and prepare to be amazed and confused at what became of WCW.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2351 on: September 08, 2005, 05:25:49 AM »

Hey, guys, I'm almost all the way through this book, The Death Of WCW.? This thing is a must read for wrestling fans.? Its so damn interesting.? Seriously, every page I learn a few things that are absolutely unbelievable.? You guys won't believe how terrible things got during the latter years of the company.? And if you don't hate Hulk Hogan yet, you damn sure will after reading this book.? Thins got so bad during the dying years of the company...its so sad but so funny at the same time.? Anything I can write won't do this thing justice.? I recomend you pick it up and prepare to be amazed and confused at what became of WCW.
I've been wanting to pick that up for ages it's by the dude who does wrestlecrap.com which is an awesome and hilarious site.
Evolution
« Reply #2352 on: September 08, 2005, 01:32:05 PM »

Aahhhh i just read that in addition to Velocity getting binned Heat is also Undecided

The reason i guess is for poor ratings, which would'nt be a fucking problem if WWE used it like in 1999!! And they complain about the rosters being to big when they just throw on meaningless matches every week rant
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2353 on: September 08, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »

Yeah, WreslteCrap is a great site.  One thing that really struck me from the book.  The WCW right before its shocking decent into oblivion eerily resembles the WWE of today.  That was a point the author was definitely trying to get across.  Almost like a warning to McMahon.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2354 on: September 08, 2005, 02:50:04 PM »

I truely believe that if TNA had some deeper pockects, that they could be a real threat to wwe.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2355 on: September 08, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »

Yeah, it kinda pisses me off that Foley decided to go back to WWE.  If he had gone over to TNA it could've given them a bit of a boost.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2356 on: September 08, 2005, 03:22:41 PM »

Yeah, WreslteCrap is a great site.? One thing that really struck me from the book.? The WCW right before its shocking decent into oblivion eerily resembles the WWE of today.? That was a point the author was definitely trying to get across.? Almost like a warning to McMahon.
It does: Established Stars holding down DECENT talent, awful storylines, failure to establish any major new stars e.g. for the casual fan all WCW mustered was Goldberg and WWE for the casual fan has only really created John Cena.

Difference is we haven't got storylines as bad as WCW (or at least as constitently bad), and money hasn't been wasted the same on some trully awful ideas.  Also there is no doubt who is in charge it's The Mcmahons & HHH, WCW did not have a clue.  WWE has dipped but it's nowhere near as bad, until David Arquette becomes champ i'll sleep soundly knowing WWE should still be around in another 10 years.

What made WWE the force it is was they ripped off other companies ideas and bettered them.  They talk the hardcore from ECW and took away their stars and made it popular to the mainstream, WCW increased their PPVS so WWE had more.  WCW had gang warfare which was a success with The Horsemen & nWo so WWE created D-Generation X, The Ministery, The Corporation & The Nation.

Put simply WWE doesn't have others to rip off ideas from...now with have TNA any great things they do WWE will most likely try and copy and improve.  TNA like you said Timothy could be great competition...if...they had deeper pockets....but they don't i like what they do but i actually prefered it when they had a regular ring, this six sided ring seems smaller and more confined...i just don't like it.
Evolution
« Reply #2357 on: September 09, 2005, 10:10:43 AM »

http://poll.wwe.com/christian/

People show the HTGTH Christian love
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2358 on: September 09, 2005, 09:54:51 PM »

Was jsut lookin at WWE.com and thaught this looked cool

A ?Night of Champions? is scheduled for Monday Night RAW?s special three-hour homecoming to the USA Network on Oct. 3, starting at 8 p.m. ET.

Many former WWE Champions will be making their return to RAW on Oct. 3, including Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mick Foley and Triple H. Even Mr. McMahon himself will make an appearance.

All of this is in addition to current WWE Champion John Cena and former WWE Champions Shawn Michaels, Big Show, Kurt Angle and Ric Flair being a part of the historic, star-studded evening.

RAW flourished during its seven-year run on USA network, establishing cable rating records as WWE fans flocked to the television each and every Monday night. And it?s happening all over again, so don?t miss RAW on Oct. 3 for this televised homecoming.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2359 on: September 10, 2005, 07:31:35 AM »

ok should be a great RAW. However didn't Mick mention something about not wanting to come back a few months ago because Hogan was the legend doing his thing on Raw at the time?? Seems his comeback will only be watered down more with the returns of Austin, HHH and Hogan as well. Hell even Vince is there, how many speaking segments will that show have?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: