Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845715 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2300 on: August 30, 2005, 10:53:50 PM »

I agree 100%, Stoned.  I think Savage is an absolute moron.  He was always a better wrestler than Hogan, but he comes off as the loser in their real life feud.  This HBK-Hogan feud really put Hogan's career in perspective for me.  When I was growing up I was a Hulkamaniac, who wasn't?  As years went by and my knowledge of wrestling grew I began to see Hogan for what he was.  I well below average wrestler who got over because of his look, personality, and celebrity.  However I still cheered for Hogan as some what of a nostalgia act.  However, HBK's amazing promos have made me see the light.  I really can't stand the sight of Hogan anymore.  He's a selfish, money-hungry, jerk who really doesn't give two shits about the business.  The intelligent wrestling fans know that, and I think that's who HBK is playing too right now.  He realizes he's already achieved his peak in terms of popularity.  Now he's cemented his legacy by giving the true wrestling fans what they want.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2301 on: August 31, 2005, 04:52:29 AM »

Cheers for agreeing dude.  For his era he was great though for the 'fans'.  Kayfabe still existed, he really was the hero, he took the business to never before seen heights and although not a great wrestler he could move well enough for a big guy between Wrestlemania 1-9.  It just pisses me off now when he returns and wins at his age it's a joke, it annoys me even more that he still draws so well and people happily love to see him wrestle (i use that word since that's what people claim they love to see him do although what he does is quite different).

The new Smackdown vs. Raw game for the Ps2 is looking awesome at the mo, buried alive matches, an updated if slightly weird roster, better graphics.  Only annoying thing is the rosters are always dated before release, i mean it's not out until November and it has Mark Jindrak, Michelle McCool, Joy Giovianni, Spike Dudley, The Basham Brothers (they may still be employed but not together or on the same show) and there's others who i can't remember off the top of my head. Just fuckin' annoying when he feels dated straight off...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2302 on: August 31, 2005, 11:27:04 AM »

All of Christian?s merchandise has been pulled from the shelves due to some sort of legal issue. We hope for more details on this soon.

-- The final touches are being put on the Bret Hart DVD as of press time. Bret Hart has been going back and forth to Stamford, CT. working on the DVD for the past week. Hart is said to be very happy with how the DVD turned out.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2303 on: August 31, 2005, 02:34:10 PM »

All of Christian?s merchandise has been pulled from the shelves due to some sort of legal issue. We hope for more details on this soon.
Yeah The Church are complaining that they copyrighted the name a few centuries ago

The final touches are being put on the Bret Hart DVD as of press time. Bret Hart has been going back and forth to Stamford, CT. working on the DVD for the past week. Hart is said to be very happy with how the DVD turned out.
This DVD is going to be awesome maybe the best ever, the matches on it, wow, no list has been released but since the man himself is picking them you know he's going to be picking the wrestling classics like his matches with Owen Hart, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, The British Bulldog, Ric Flair...can't fucking wait  drool

I heard that as well as the 'Taker and Warrior releases there's going to be a Jake Roberts one in the future that's sure to be another classic especially if it looks at his life as well as his matches.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2304 on: September 01, 2005, 09:35:27 AM »

In an interview with Between The Ropes, Mick Foley confirmed that prior to signing with WWE, he had been negotiating to debut with Total Nonstop Action.

For the past four months, a deal between the two parties had been sitting on the table. The agreement would have seen Foley join TNA as a figurehead role and wrestle matches on an infrequent basis. However, a recent discussion with Vince McMahon led the wrestler to choose WWE over the number two promotion.

Foley will be booked in some matches as part of his WWE return, but he's not being brought back to serve as a full-time wrestler.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2305 on: September 01, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »

I totally forgot to tape RAW on Monday night so i just saw the repeat last night, pretty average show. Masters making Flair unconcious with the Masterlock in my eyes doesn't give Chris any rub at all.........rather makes Flair look bad Undecided

Can't Cena cut a damn promo without insinuating his opponent is gay? This is 2005 for fucks sake, being gay shouldnt' still be an insult
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2306 on: September 01, 2005, 05:40:21 PM »

In an interview with Between The Ropes, Mick Foley confirmed that prior to signing with WWE, he had been negotiating to debut with Total Nonstop Action.

For the past four months, a deal between the two parties had been sitting on the table. The agreement would have seen Foley join TNA as a figurehead role and wrestle matches on an infrequent basis. However, a recent discussion with Vince McMahon led the wrestler to choose WWE over the number two promotion.

Foley will be booked in some matches as part of his WWE return, but he's not being brought back to serve as a full-time wrestler.

Another Mick Foley return? Undecided Well i guess it was that time again..Its not that I dont enjoy seeing him on screen, its just that his little 2-4 month comebacks just get staler and staler each time, and I mean how many times can you be Co-Gm?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2307 on: September 01, 2005, 11:21:16 PM »

I hear you on that AxlsMainMan, but I still love to see Foley around.  John Cena is so terrible in every facet.  I can't believe he's as over as he is.  Just goes to show how stupid so many wrestling fans are.  And they totally over-did the blood on the Flair thing on Raw.  When they cut to him laying there it looked like he was dead.  He was totally drenched in blood, and the whole time you knew he was gonna come back anyway.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2308 on: September 02, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »

I hear you on that AxlsMainMan, but I still love to see Foley around.? John Cena is so terrible in every facet.? I can't believe he's as over as he is.? Just goes to show how stupid so many wrestling fans are.? And they totally over-did the blood on the Flair thing on Raw.? When they cut to him laying there it looked like he was dead.? He was totally drenched in blood, and the whole time you knew he was gonna come back anyway.
Despite them over doing the blood stuff i still enjoyed RAW, great opening HBK was hilarious again 'After 21 years you'd think i'd learn not to get myself into these situations' hihi The Street Fight was good to great ending although it seemed a bit of a Rock vs Foley rip-off from all those years back it looked decent though.? Speaking of Foley if he's back for a sadistic hardcore match cool otherwise...no.? As an on-air personality (non-wrestler) i only really liked him when he was the GM doing backstage skits with Edge and Christian they had some hilarious TV.? As for Cena it's the kids and as i said 'stupid' fans they get sucked in by anything, saying that they all love Christian especially us in the UK, when he faced Batista on RAW in the UK the fans were cheering him more than the big man, Vince just won't push him.? I do knock Cena but to be honest there was a time when i liked him, in some respects, as a midcard heel on Smackdown he used to be hilarious until he was toned down, as for in-ring ability...there's been alot worse, although it's still not acceptable just because there's been worse from an in-ring point of view e.g. Hogan doesn't mean we should accept it.

Funniest thing i've read recently: The Boogey Man made his TV Debut at the July 6th OVW taping by emerging from under the ring wearing antlers on his head before a stunned crowd. As he ran around like an imbecile, one of the OVW Students, Anthony Carelli, totally lost it and cracked up laughing on camera. This is the incident that got Jim Cornette sacked as he slapped the guy around backstage for laughing, i remember reading about the incident backstage but only just read the reasoning for it.

Edit: I Can't wait to see Cade & Murdoch on RAW, Lance Cade's mic skills seem to of improved a lot and i think they'll be a great addition, more teams are needed though!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 05:56:47 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2309 on: September 02, 2005, 10:08:14 AM »

Hell yeah RAW needs more teams..........."know what i mean?"

The TNT gimmick looks fun at least. Reminds me about "Of Mice And Men" a little. With Cade being the wise talker and his partner Murdoch being the strong dumbass.

Hey Stoned i laughed for ages when i read that piece, i recognize it as being a quote from Powerslam Magazine? If yeah then you have excellent reading taste ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2310 on: September 02, 2005, 11:11:54 AM »

Hey Stoned i laughed for ages when i read that piece, i recognize it as being a quote from Powerslam Magazine? If yeah then you have excellent reading taste ok
Yeah i read it in this months edition, excellent magazine tells it likes it is...i don't buy any of the official ones they suck!

TNT will rock! I like the fact they are different i think it works well, Cade the intelligent crafty heel & Murdoch the nut-job powerhouse heel.  The long hair as well as the improved mic skills are both great things for Cade if i remember correctly he wasn't too shoddy in the ring, i think in the long term he has great singles potential, the look and skills!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 11:14:39 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2311 on: September 02, 2005, 01:08:01 PM »

Cool stuff, I just watched Neighbours today and Connor had the November 2004 edition with Booker T on the front hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2312 on: September 02, 2005, 01:20:12 PM »

Cool stuff, I just watched Neighbours today and Connor had the November 2004 edition with Booker T on the front hihi
hihi I noticed that dude i've been amused by the wrestling storyline.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2313 on: September 02, 2005, 02:32:53 PM »

So what the fucks happening with Christian!

If something doesnt happen soon im gonna turn my back on the WWE forever! The fucking bastardheads!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2314 on: September 02, 2005, 03:09:13 PM »

So what the fucks happening with Christian!

If something doesnt happen soon im gonna turn my back on the WWE forever! The fucking bastardheads!

The future doesn't look great.  It seems he's in the midst of another feud with Booker T one where he could end up getting his wife...that would not be good.  Also it looks like he's lingering around the US Title division, put simply for the forseable future it doesn't seem like he'll will rise beyond micard medicocrity.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2315 on: September 02, 2005, 11:33:08 PM »

Did anyone find Smackdown last night even more crappier than usual? Shocked I tried to sit through the opening monologues and opening match, but beyond that point I simply had it turned on for the noise factor in the background. Just end the stupid fucking brand extension now!! bring the talent back to Raw (which aint much) and get rid of all the jobbers, has-beens, and midcard mediocre talents! Benoit beat OJ in even less than 25 seconds once again..man did Vince catch him with a nude pic of Steph or something, because he's jobbing the way Maven was not to long ago..Is Randy Orton looking like a complete douche to anyone else?? I mean come on his dad boasting about his son being the best wrestler alive is a complete joke, and besides that fact, he cant even pull off a clean win against hardcore holly without his daddy cheating...boring Roll Eyes

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2316 on: September 03, 2005, 05:06:36 AM »

Did anyone find Smackdown last night even more crappier than usual? Shocked I tried to sit through the opening monologues and opening match, but beyond that point I simply had it turned on for the noise factor in the background. Just end the stupid fucking brand extension now!! bring the talent back to Raw (which aint much) and get rid of all the jobbers, has-beens, and midcard mediocre talents! Benoit beat OJ in even less than 25 seconds once again..man did Vince catch him with a nude pic of Steph or something, because he's jobbing the way Maven was not to long ago..Is Randy Orton looking like a complete douche to anyone else?? I mean come on his dad boasting about his son being the best wrestler alive is a complete joke, and besides that fact, he cant even pull off a clean win against hardcore holly without his daddy cheating...boring Roll Eyes
Hey overall it wasn't great, but i tuned in to see my new fave wrestler......Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennedy..................................Kennedy.....that dude is so class (well maybe not) but i like him wonderful gimmick, medicore in the ring but not to shoddy, that was a killer spinning wheel kick he nailed on Booker T.? It was also good to see Birchall & Regal on Smackdown....great BRITISH team...shame about the opponents.? Batista's match with Simon Dean was funny...or was it 'cos i was stoned....i just got a kick out of seeing him drinking Dean's special mixture and regaining his strength, fairly amusing stuff....there ya go...a positive spin on a shit show smoking and let's hear it for Smackdown's NEW No.1 Announcer Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennedy......... Kennedy smoking

Edit: There has been an article posted on WWE.com with an update on Heidenreich and the situation in New Orleans.

The article states that Heidenreich is yet to speak to his father and cannot locate his or wife or children as well.

He said that he has made plans to return to the area next Wednesday, with armed protection, to search for his family.

I hope he finds his family (he may suck as a wrestler but that's not relevant) i wish the guy all the best in what must be a nerve-wrecking time.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 10:48:06 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2317 on: September 03, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »

My thoughts with John Heidenreich also, although when i read that post on wwe.com it said something along the lines of check back on wwe.com for an log from Heidenreich on how he fares in New Orleans which i don't find right. God forbid this doesn't happen but how would you post "my family is dead" on wwe.com Undecided

Mon the Regal/Birchill tandem!

Mr. Kennedy does have some damn fine mic work i agree.

I was just reading something about the roster for the Deep South Wrestling promotion that started this week as a kind of feeder for WWE and i was surprised to find on a website that told me that "The MacAllisters" a tag team i think will debut soon as WWE trademarked that name are actually from Oban, Scotland! I can't wait for them to appear regardless of talent as WWE has never had legit Scottish wrestlers on the roster(Piper being Canadian). Damn im only about 100 miles from Oban. Hopefully they won't be portrayed as tight with money, drunk or unintelligble Angry   "Hoots mon i wunt yer taug title"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2318 on: September 03, 2005, 01:28:20 PM »

What's the bet that it gets turned into a storyline?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2319 on: September 03, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »

What's the bet that it gets turned into a storyline?

That would be a step too far, they often do real-life problems but that would be sick, they came close to the line with......Hawk's drug addiction & all the war stuff but this...can't see it
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: