Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845711 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2280 on: August 28, 2005, 11:42:18 AM »

Excellent choice, you should consider picking up the WWE produced Bret Hart DVD that is in the works ok

Yeah, Ive heard about that (I also say the picture of him and McMahon shaking hands...pretty surreal).  Ill definitely be picking that up.  Any word on a release date?
Evolution
« Reply #2281 on: August 28, 2005, 11:48:28 AM »

Got this from WWE.com

Bret Hart was back at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, Tuesday.

In a second-floor office, Hart sat quietly in front of a small television monitor, taking notes on a yellow legal pad while sifting through tons of old WWE footage for the soon-to-be released DVD chronicling Hart?s career.

?So far it?s going really well,? Hart said. ?I have a good team of guys working with me getting all the best clips together. The next two days will be real tight as we try and get everything right.?

Hart also appreciates the buzz his name still generates. His meeting with Vince McMahon earlier this month triggered an incredible reaction from wrestling fans.

?I appreciate that nobody has forgotten me,? Hart said. ?The whole reason for the DVD is so they don?t forget and have something to remember me by.?

Hart also made it clear that the DVD will not only serve as a testament to his legendary career, but indirectly pay homage to many of the late WWE Superstars he was able to work with during his time at the company.

?I hope this DVD will do justice to some of great guys I worked with and had matches with,? Hart said. ?I have lot of great memories with a lot of different people, some of which aren?t around anymore. This is my way of (remembering) the guys that died and show that they?re still a part of my story.?

At a guess by the end of 2005 for sure
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2282 on: August 28, 2005, 12:02:59 PM »

Hey Evolution..Why dont we do Smackdown to?and just make everyone pick before tuesday or something?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2283 on: August 28, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »

I want in on the game.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #2284 on: August 28, 2005, 12:20:09 PM »

Hey Evolution..Why dont we do Smackdown to?and just make everyone pick before tuesday or something?

Yeah it is now Raw and Smackdown yes

Hey timothy i guess we can used Booker original numbers which now gives you 2nd pick in the draft
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2285 on: August 28, 2005, 12:27:19 PM »

Cool ,though I don't mind picking last either.

since I came in later then the other guys.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2286 on: August 28, 2005, 01:54:44 PM »

So for Smackdown r we gonna have to pick before tuesday?i think thats the ebst so no one will mknow the spoilers

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2287 on: August 28, 2005, 02:00:02 PM »

So for Smackdown r we gonna have to pick before tuesday?i think thats the ebst so no one will mknow the spoilers
Considering D ain't even made his first pick this could go on for about a week before it begins, there's no way it'll be done by RAW tomorrow
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2288 on: August 28, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

Well why dont you give him like another hour or something then if not move himt o the back of the line and keep doing that until everyones picked

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2289 on: August 28, 2005, 02:07:31 PM »

Just like to say that I'm definitely down for this.  I think we should take into consideration that D might have something to do, so he can't make his pick yet.  Chances are we probably aren't gonna get this done in time for Raw tommorow.  I have no problem taking time with this draft and starting up next week.  That way everybody gets a fair shot at the talent pool.  I'll do my best to make my draft picks on time.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2290 on: August 28, 2005, 02:30:14 PM »

Well why dont you give him like another hour or something then if not move himt o the back of the line and keep doing that until everyones picked
And if he ended up not winning he'd blame being put to the back-of-the-line....it'd be the '97 screwjob all over again.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2291 on: August 28, 2005, 02:49:10 PM »

LOL true..ahh well we will jsut have to wait and hope everyone can get picked by tomrorow night

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2292 on: August 29, 2005, 02:08:30 PM »

The Undertaker Dvd is pretty fuckin' good ,I haven't seen some of the matchs on it in years.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2293 on: August 29, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »

I didn't know there was even an Undertaker DVD in the works, then I saw a commercial for it yesterday during Heat.  Do they have the Summerslam match against Steve Austin on it?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2294 on: August 29, 2005, 02:53:44 PM »

No it doesn't have the summerslame match ,but it does have the first blod match from fully loaded . though it would have been nice to have that match on here to.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2295 on: August 29, 2005, 03:02:57 PM »

Yeah, the Summerslam match was one of my all-time favorite Undertaker matches.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2296 on: August 29, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »

Disk 1
Survivor Series 1991 vs. Hulk Hogan

Royal Rumble 1994 vs. Yokozuna

WrestleMania XII 1996 vs. Diesel

In Your House Buried Alive vs. Mankind

In Your House Revenge of Taker vs. Mankind

SummerSlam 1997 vs. Bret Hart

Extras

- Undertaker attacks Hulk Hogan at the Funeral Parlor
- Undertaker builds a casket for Yokozuna
- Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Diesel
- Undertaker in the graveyard talking about Mankind
- Undertaker interrupts Mankind's interview

Disk 2

In Your House Ground Zero vs. Shawn Michaels

In Your House Badd Blood - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XIV vs. Kane

Unforgiven 1998 - Inferno Match vs. Kane

King of the Ring 1998 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Mankind

King of the Ring 1999 vs. The Rock

Extras

- Undertaker interview about Shawn Michaels
- Undertaker talking to his parents' tombstones
- Undertaker interview - Kane burns his parents' tombstone
- Undertaker breaks into Paul Bearer's house and mauls him

Disk 3

Fully Loaded 1999 - First Blood Match vs. Stone Cold

WrestleMania XVII vs. Triple H

Judgment Day 2002 vs. Hulk Hogan

No Mercy 2002 - Hell in a Cell Match vs. Brock Lesnar

Vengeance 2003 vs. John Cena

Survivor Series 2003 - Buried Alive Match vs. Mr. McMahon

WrestleMania XX vs. Kane

Extras

- Undertaker interview about Triple H
- Undertaker promo on Hulk Hogan
- Undertaker talking about the Hell in a Cell
- Undertaker in the graveyard promo on Mr. McMahon

.................................................................................................. Shocked
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2297 on: August 30, 2005, 08:17:43 AM »

I have to say other then Carlitos Carabana and Flair being more involved this was a horrible Raw

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2298 on: August 30, 2005, 11:26:43 AM »

Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man?  Who would like to see this match.  You ask many wrestling fans and they would say yes; those fans in general (there are exceptions) are those I see as idiot wrestling fans.  Now that may seem a little harsh but I see that as a harsh reality, the majority of wrestling fans are idiots.  ?Smart Fans? the term for many internet fans are generally the intelligent ones those who appreciate wrestling.  Idiot fans are those who watch wrestling for show and personality and that?s one of the reasons Hulk Hogan is such a legend, like HBK recently said, it may have been a promo but the smart fans knew he was telling the truth when he said Hogan had made a career on ?Show and Personality?.  Now the purpose of this wasn?t just to unleash on wrestling fans who I don?t like, actually that wasn?t the purpose at all it was infact to look at this possible match and it?s worth.  Savage & Hogan used to be friends, at least I think they were many they were people who just got along, slightly.  The reason I believe there was a friendship of sorts is Savage?s departure from WWE to WCW back in the mid 90s he went because of Hogan he was one of the many ?friends? of Hogan who followed him to the company for instance Ed Leslie (You?ll know him as Brutus ?The Barber? Beefcake) & Jimmy ?The Mouth of The South? Hart amongst others.

These days there is a hatred between the two now my history isn?t too great so I am not quite sure when or why this actually started.  Savage has been running his mouth though for a few years.  In various interviews his said how he wants to fight him he?s even hinted at the two having a match in WWE although that does seem unlikely with a real-life hatred and ego?s bigger than the whole of the clique put together neither would want to do the job.  Now want I find really amusing about the whole situation is Savage trying to act like ?The Big Man?.  He?s run his mouth when Hogan hasn?t been around even putting a song (I use that term very loosely) on his record (I use that term very loosely too) in which he calls out Hogan.  Here are some quotes;

Used to be hard Hulk now ya done turned soft

You're avoidin? Randy Savage cause you know you'll get smoked

But when I challenged Hogan to a real fight he passed
I called him out but the punk was scared to go

Those are my 3 ?choice? quotes.  By Savage?s own admission he?s called him out and he?s backed down, if you asked Savage he would say Hogan was soft, well actually he has done as you can see.  Talks cheap though, actions speak louder than words.  The most amusing bit is yet to come, and yes this is more amusing than Savage?s music career (the third time I?m using a term loosely in this article ? that might be a record) well maybe not but it?s close.  At TNA Victory Road Hogan came across Savage backstage.  Now various reports have said Savage looked scared and said nothing.  Now if these reports had not existed I would not of taken Hogan?s comments seriously but Hogan comments just cement what previous reports said so for once they appear quite true; ?He just sat in his chair and shook for 30 minutes scared to death.?  I find that hilarious after all he said, all the challenges he made when it came to the crunch he was scared.  He even quit TNA (although he later reappeared, probably when he was assured Hogan would not be there) reportedly citing an "unsafe working environment", was that his way of saying it was unsafe because Hogan might beat him up?  Now from a wrestling standpoint I have all the respect in world for Randy Poffo (yes that is his real name) his match at Wrestlemania III w/ Ricky Steamboat was enough to earn my respect.  From a personal point of view the guy is an idiot.  He must be tone deaf and have no idea of quality lyrics to think he has any talent what so ever as a rap artist (fuck it I?ve given up using terms loosely) and I hate people who run there mouth but don?t back it up.  Now I dislike Hogan but at least the guy has got testicular fortitude, Savage called his record Be A Man well Hogan was definitely The Man in this scenario.

Now I go back to where I started, a match between the two, now there is plenty of heat but they?ve already had a showdown and although it wasn?t televised and neither came to blows it pretty much settled who the real man was.  Quite honestly I think I would have a lot more fun reading about what happened than watching the two go toe-to-toe in the squared circle.  We all know after this years Summerslam how awful Hogan now is and how it takes a great to carry him and make him look good, Savage though is not of a standard to carry him (now).  He is too old and injury prone much like ?The Man? himself.  The match would be quite awful.  This brings be back to my initial comments of ?idiot? fans.  They would buy a PPV for this match because of the names involved and that really irritates the hell out of me.  If you ask the majority of fans what they would rather see they would choose this match over Super Crazy vs. Paul London in a Ladder Match.  That?s how bad things are and my anger is towards the fans, how can I blame a company for putting on the matches that make the most money.  The only blame I lay with WWE is that fans don?t like this much talented stars anywhere near as much because they have never been given the chance to showcase their true abilities, they have very little personality and in a company where that is a must who is really to blame?

I wrote the above article to vent anger, humour and just let my current thoughts going round in my head out.  Feedback would be much appreciated.

On a sidenote Malcolm, dude, sorry for the outburst last night, i was drunk and i am under a lot of stress at the moment, it was nothing personally you were just there and i was pissed, pissed off and nitpicking.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2299 on: August 30, 2005, 04:53:04 PM »

I was wondering why u were trippin dude.

shawn Micheals spoke the truth last night

the crowd was cheering for Hogan and Micheals said "When he needs another pay off he will be back"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: