Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845919 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2260 on: August 25, 2005, 11:18:15 AM »

RAW/SmackDown! Match (+5)
RAW/SmackDown! Win (+7)
Heat/Velocity Match (+2)
Heat/Velocity Win (+3)
Pay Per View Match (+8)
Pay Per View Win (+12)
All Shows: Win a Title (+20)
All Shows: Retain a Title (+8)
All Shows: Eliminating an opponent from a Royal Rumble or Battle Royal (+2)
All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
All Shows: Suspension (-10)

Why don't you cut out all the appearance stuff and wepon shots and specialty matches and leave it at that then you can just check the results on site's like www.pwinsider.com wrestling-edge.com or backstagewrestling.com If everyone picked theirs by sunday then you could start with monday's raw results (spoilers would get you the heat ones), smackdown spoilers from tuesday (plus velocity).  Then all results for each week would be in by wednesday.  I think it is better if everyone has different wrestlers the only problem is deciding how many and how to fairly draft them to individuals.  You could then keep the same wrestlers until the 2006 where you could have a re-draft or something, you could also make it possible for people to do swaps at anytime if they wanted...anyway just some more ideas....

Summerslam Review
I wasn't too impressed with this.  The Chris Benoit match was a joke, great to see him win and hopefully he will give some meaning back to the belt but now as it stands a 25 second victory just pisses on the belt even more, i care for it so little now i would not piss on the fucker if it was on fire.  Ohhh Edge vs. Matt Hardy, joke No.2 now that match was going great, i was really into then they had that cheap early finish, i felt cheated for a second time.  Following on we had an good ladder match which was brought down to a medicore one.  We had some blown spots which just really piss me off and to make matters worse to crappy runnings which highlighted the shitness of the storyline.  I was looking forward to the match hoping the shit storyline would not get in the way...it did, early on the camera also zoomed to the little could so much...utter BS! Angle next while i was happy he got the win and cemented his position as being ten times better than his opponent the fact that it was basically a midcarder vs main-eventer match meant it was short, not to entertaining and it was obvious who would win.  Orton vs. Taker this one also let me down, it seemed slow in places and was nowhere near as good as their 'Mania match, thankfully Orton won but i could of done without his Dad's distraction.  Cena vs. Jericho was my joint fave match of the night.  The only thing that wrecked it for me was the fact we all knew for certain before it started who would win.  As a match though it was great Jericho made Cena look damn good, the fans chanting for both guys were great, it really worked for me...great stuff.  Batista vs. JBL, this had to be one of the most boring no-holds barred matches i have ever seen in my entire life.  They used hardly any weapons i nearly fell asleep, Batista is running out of time and if his awful skills are exploited anymore he won't return to the top, like i've said before he's at the wrong age.  On to HBK vs. HoganHBK as you've all said proved why he is The Showstopper, The Man, The Icon, The Main Event.  Now i am annoyed that he lost but look at Wrestlemania 10 he lost an awesome ladder match but everyone realised he had carried it and he was the man, that match made him and this one cemented his legacy.  Fine it wasn't a wrestling classic but looking at what he had to work with it was although i detected HBK was mocking Hogan a bit.  He made the punches look so powerful to the point of being funny especially the big boot at the end when he got knocked down jumped back up and fell down again.  Overall this did a good job of making both men look good.  I am yet to watch RAW (been stuck at motherfucking uni but i've got my folks to tape it so i'll see it when i get back 2nite) i have read the results though i it's been made apparent HBK mocked the fact that he lost to 'Such a GREAT wrestler hihi ' i'm looking forward to seeing it.  Anyway for me Summerslam was hit and miss, not awful but not that special (it should of been though) i've read many people's reviews on the net and they seem to of enjoyed it way more...weird Overall Rating B- (That's Not Cool!  no That's Generous)
Evolution
« Reply #2261 on: August 25, 2005, 01:35:46 PM »

Sorry i was stricken with a virus so i havent been able to post but i think Stoned point system is a winner

RAW/SmackDown! Win (+7)
Heat/Velocity Match (+2)
Heat/Velocity Win (+3)
Pay Per View Match (+8)
Pay Per View Win (+12)

Thing is i prefer watching Smackdown in the UK on a friday night so i wouldnt be around if this means spoilers would be posted. I think what we should do is give each person who is up for this idea a number and get Jarmo to say a random number line and thats the order in which we draft the RAW roster. What do you guys think about that and doing just RAW?

(e.g D = 1, Stoned =2 Arron = 3 etc. and Jarmo or whoever goes 312)

I guess in terms of counting the scores i think it would be hard to manipulate the scoring as we all would watch RAW and all our teams would be posted etc.

The thing is i kinda realised that if we did draft the roster like that we would maybe only have about 5 guys each. That might be alright though so opinion in soon please
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2262 on: August 25, 2005, 02:36:11 PM »

Sorry i was stricken with a virus so i havent been able to post but i think Stoned point system is a winner

RAW/SmackDown! Win (+7)
Heat/Velocity Match (+2)
Heat/Velocity Win (+3)
Pay Per View Match (+8)
Pay Per View Win (+12)

Thing is i prefer watching Smackdown in the UK on a friday night so i wouldnt be around if this means spoilers would be posted. I think what we should do is give each person who is up for this idea a number and get Jarmo to say a random number line and thats the order in which we draft the RAW roster. What do you guys think about that and doing just RAW?

(e.g D = 1, Stoned =2 Arron = 3 etc. and Jarmo or whoever goes 312)

I guess in terms of counting the scores i think it would be hard to manipulate the scoring as we all would watch RAW and all our teams would be posted etc.

The thing is i kinda realised that if we did draft the roster like that we would maybe only have about 5 guys each. That might be alright though so opinion in soon please

John Cena (Main Eventer)
Shawn Michaels (Main Eventer)
Matt Hardy (Midcarder)
Kane (Midcarder)
The Big Show (Midcarder)
Shelton Benjamin (Midcarder)
Eugene Dinsmore (Midcarder)
Viscera (Midcarder)
The Hurricane (Lower Midcard)
Rosey (S.H.I.T.) (Lower Midcard)
Tajiri (Lower Midcard)
Val Venis (Lower Midcard)
Danny Basham (Lower Midcard)
Matt Striker (Lower Midcard)
Torrie Wilson (Diva)
Candice Michelle (Diva)
Maria Kanellis (Diva)
Ashley Massaro (Diva)
Rob Van Dam (Midcarder)
Triple H (Main Eventer)
Kurt Angle (Main Eventer)
Chris Jericho (Main Eventer - Absent 'til 2006)
Edge (Main Eventer - as good as)
Carlito Cool (Midcarder)
Gene Snitsky (Midcarder)
Chris Masters (Midcarder)
Rene Dupree (Lower Midcarder)
Antonio Thomas (Lower Midcarder)
Romeo Roselli (Lower Midcarder)
Robert Conway (Midcarder)
Tyson Tomko (Lower Midcarder)
Kerwin White (Midcarder)
Johnny Parisi (Lower Midcarder)
Ric Flair (Midcarder)
Lita (Diva)
Victoria (Diva)
Trish Stratus (Diva)
Lance Cade (Midcarder)
Trevor Murdoch (Midcarder)

So we have 5 main eventers, 1 who is currently missing, 14 midcarders, 11 lower midcarders & 7 diva's that's the only problem with doing one show i think too few main eventers and someone could get all of them, saying that though with the scoring system you don't need main eventers to do well e.g. Rob Conway who's being given win after win, so this should work anyway that is the whole roster...maybe the diva's are best left off, that would leave us with 30 wrestlers so if there are say 6 of us then it's 5 each, if 7 of us then 4 each with a couple left over, anymore and we'll need both rosters.  If that happened since you like watching Smackdown on a friday we could do the scores after raw/heat on tuesday and the smackdown/veolcity scores on a saturday/sunday....you don't need to see heat/velocity like i said...spoilers are readily available.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2263 on: August 25, 2005, 03:04:10 PM »

I'm definitely down for this idea, but have a few questions.  What do we do in the case of guys being switched between Raw and Smackdown?  If we're just doing Raw, and say somebody has HBK and then he somehow winds up on Smackdown how will he be replaced on the team?  Also what about in cases of new guys coming into the WWE.  Say Raven decides to join the WWE for some reason, will he be able to be picked up by anyone?  In those cases we could do it like fantasy sports leagues do it.  Whoever is in last gets the first crack at adding incoming talent to their roster.  And if the guy in last passes on him, then the next to last guy gets to take him, and so on.  But whatever the rules are, count me in.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2264 on: August 25, 2005, 08:38:16 PM »

Summerslam Review

OJ vs. Benoit: This match was a complete joke, having a guy job in 10 seconds doesnt make the other guy look tough, only desperate. 0 Stars
Edge vs. Matt Hardy: I had hopes this match would be all it was hyped up to be but sadly it wasnt. The bloody finish came across as rehearsed to death and it just flopped in contrast to expectations. 1 1/2 Stars
Eddie vs. Rey - Ladder Match: Horrible storyline but pretty decent match nonetheless. Despite horrible acting by Eddie's wife and "son" there were some insane bumps but bad misses as well like when they screwed up the summerside flip into a powerbomb (executed it properly later however).
Randy Orton vs. Undertaker: Next to Hogan and Michaels, this was probably my favorite match of the night, but would you really expect any less from the Deadman. Im an Orton fan but would really have loved if he cemented his "Legend Killer" status without using his dad to cheat.
Cena vs. Jericho: Id honestly say no better, no worse then their Vengeance match but was really cool to at least have some form of the crowd behind Jericho for a change. Expected finish so wasn't really suspenseful.
Batista vs. JBL: Wow, that had to have been one of the most painfully boring matches ever. Just horrible.
Hogan vs. Michaels: You guys have already said all their can be said, just an amazing matchup. I was hoping for the Showstopper to get the win but i guess it wasnt meant to be.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2265 on: August 26, 2005, 03:59:14 AM »

If we choose our wrestlers and have to use the same wrestlers every week, that stops someone cheating.

So I motion that we get 5 wrestler's each

and whatever is left will be replacement wrestlers in case of injury.

Also we get two replacements

say for instance we had started this game 2 months ago before Jericho's time off and I had Jericho, I could now replace him with someone from the unused pile so I dont lose my ass by only having 4 wrestlers.

We hold a draft,

we post our pick and hopefully everyone won't be a slow ass and they will reply fairly fast and we can get this started.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2266 on: August 26, 2005, 04:07:25 AM »

Ill clean it up a bit thanks stoned for compiling all these!

Main Eventers:
John Cena (Main Eventer)
Shawn Michaels (Main Eventer)
Triple H (Main Eventer)
Kurt Angle (Main Eventer)
Edge (Main Eventer - as good as)
Chris Jericho (Main Eventer - Absent 'til 2006)

Midcarders:

Rob Van Dam (Midcarder)
Matt Hardy (Midcarder)
Kane (Midcarder)
The Big Show (Midcarder)
Shelton Benjamin (Midcarder)
Eugene Dinsmore (Midcarder)
Viscera (Midcarder)
Lance Cade (midcarder)
Carlito Cool (Midcarder)
Gene Snitsky (Midcarder)
Chris Masters (Midcarder)
Trevor Murdoch (Midcarder)
Ric Flair (Midcarder)
Kerwin White (Midcarder)
Robert Conway (Midcarder)

Lower midcard:

The Hurricane (Lower Midcard)
Rosey (S.H.I.T.) (Lower Midcard)
Tajiri (Lower Midcard)
Val Venis (Lower Midcard)
Danny Basham (Lower Midcard)
Matt Striker (Lower Midcard)
Rene Dupree (Lower Midcarder)
Antonio Thomas (Lower Midcarder)
Romeo Roselli (Lower Midcarder)
Tyson Tomko (Lower Midcarder)
Johnny Parisi (Lower Midcarder)

Divas

Lita (Diva)
Victoria (Diva)
Trish Stratus (Diva)
Torrie Wilson (Diva)
Candice Michelle (Diva)
Maria Kanellis (Diva)
Ashley Massaro (Diva)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 04:09:11 AM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2267 on: August 28, 2005, 07:57:49 AM »

OK motherfuckers....are we gonna get the ball rolling with this thing i'm getting impatient...who's running it D? Jarmo? Jim? Evolution?....what's taking you lazy ass so long?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2268 on: August 28, 2005, 08:20:56 AM »

OK motherfuckers....are we gonna get the ball rolling with this thing i'm getting impatient...who's running it D? Jarmo? Jim? Evolution?....what's taking you lazy ass so long?

Still waiting for one of aforementioned motherfuckers to PM me the rules in Leymans terms...ive given up on D doing it!

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2269 on: August 28, 2005, 09:09:42 AM »

K i wanna be in on this..But can someone explain it to me real wuick please..Is it the same as WWE Fantasy?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2270 on: August 28, 2005, 10:33:41 AM »

K i wanna be in on this..But can someone explain it to me real wuick please..Is it the same as WWE Fantasy?
Yes and no....it is similar just less complex, don't think anything has been finalised yet though since all the fuckers who volunteered to set this up have gone AWOL or just lazy.......bastards...
Evolution
« Reply #2271 on: August 28, 2005, 10:52:32 AM »

Apologies, i've had a lot on this week.

Ill get the ball on the move by giving us all numbers and PMing Jarmo to make a random number line to see who will go first

So 1 - D
2 - Stoned
3 - Evolution
4 - Rob
5- Arron
6 - Jim
7 - Makane
8 - Malcolm
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2272 on: August 28, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »

K so how dopes this work?how many wrestlers do we get?and can we like pick the top 5 or does it have to be one from each category or what?sry can someone explain thsi real quick?

Evolution
« Reply #2273 on: August 28, 2005, 11:14:22 AM »

Well Jarmo was'nt online at the time so i asked Booker Floyd instead

No problem...

1 - 9 - 8 - 5 - 2 - 4 - 7 - 3 - 9 - 6

so this means we will draft the entire WWE Roster in a seperate thread i will start

The drafting order is D, Malcolm, Arron, Stoned, Rob, Makane, Evolution, Jim
Evolution
« Reply #2274 on: August 28, 2005, 11:16:03 AM »

K Malcolm basically we will draft the whole roster based on the order Booker picked, The draft will continue until we all have the same amount of people on a squad with a remainder left over who shall be subs i guess. Everyone ok with that?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2275 on: August 28, 2005, 11:22:17 AM »

Cool man this is gonna kick ass...

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2276 on: August 28, 2005, 11:28:02 AM »

I just realized that I gave 9 numbers... Embarrassed

Oh well, glad to help anway.   yes
Evolution
« Reply #2277 on: August 28, 2005, 11:31:16 AM »

hihi i thought you were just trying to be funny

I was gonna PM you to say thanks but here will do.

Thanks Booker Floyd!  beer
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #2278 on: August 28, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »

hihi i thought you were just trying to be funny

I mean...yeah, I was!   Grin

Thanks Booker Floyd!? beer

No problem...

While Im in here I might as well state that Bret Hart is my favorite wrestler, and my favorite match is probably Hart Vs. Steve Austin from Wrestlemania XIII. 
Evolution
« Reply #2279 on: August 28, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »

Excellent choice, you should consider picking up the WWE produced Bret Hart DVD that is in the works ok
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: