Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 845923 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2240 on: August 21, 2005, 02:58:56 PM »

We are The Christian Appreciation Army

Lets fucking kill WWE and let our god take his throne!

Christian Rocks, Christian Rocks!

Repeat after me!

The only reason i am not spending ?15.00 on Summerslam tonight....Christians absence! And thats the truth! Motherfuckers!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2241 on: August 21, 2005, 03:18:01 PM »

Good move D, whereabouts is that section, i can't see it

Looks like Christian is probably headed for a face turn, Why don't WWE add Christian Vs The Mexicools in a Gauntlet Match or something to Summerslam? He could beat Crazy and Psicosis onto to beat Juvi by DQ as the numbers game gets him.

Speaking of people left off SS where has Kane gone? I guess due to Matt being back they are keeping the characters apart for a wee while

I read somewhere that Trish is gonna return tonight and confront Ashley. It's so crazy that all Trish has to do upon her comeback in get in the face of a non-wrestler like she did Christy last year? ?Tongue

everyone go here

http://www.wwe.com/help/contactus/

scroll down till u see superstar/talent information
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 03:19:51 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2242 on: August 21, 2005, 03:37:02 PM »

Oh yeah i remember reading that. A dodgy scissor kick from Booker.

I was thinking about something that could perhaps spice up the Wrestling Thread. Much like wwe.com have their fantasy game why don't we have something similar? Say a 5 man squad of wrestlers for each show with points based on wins/appearances etc.

What does everyone think?
Awesome idea dude, how are you going to work it though?? Are we all gonna have a certain amount we can 'spend' when picking the guys, is each guy gonna have a rating e.g. main eventer costs 20 e.g. HHH ahhh nuts i don't know, you're idea, great idea, you run with it, it might be best in a separate thread like the wrestling quiz was/is although that's dead now, otherwise this thread might get bogged down.

Edit: Here's a quick 'test list' of a possible points list obviously other things could be added and modified, just a mini-suggesstion like i said dude, you're idea, getting running with it

2 points for an appearance (HHH you get you about 100 points a show)
10 for a pin/submission win
5 a DQ/Count Out win
5 for using a finisher
-10 for a loss
bonus 10 points for winning a belt
-5 for losing a belt

Sent my e-mail although whether it gets to Christian or noticed by anyone may be unlikely, this was in the thank you for e-mailing immediate response thing;

Please be aware that WWE does not accept ideas for scripts, screenplays,
storylines, ideas, music, business proposals, marketing concepts, or for
anything having to do with character development, storylines or in-ring
activities.
WWE does not consider or examine these materials.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 03:50:26 PM by Stoned » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2243 on: August 21, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »

I think we give Christian more support than we do Axl around here.   hihi

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2244 on: August 21, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »

I think we give Christian more support than we do Axl around here.? ?hihi

Because Christian does stuff and he loves his Peeps.

Thats us!

I wouldnt email the WWE email addy...does he have his own website?

The WWE email addy's will just be generic as proven by that bullshit automated response!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2245 on: August 21, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »

Here is an idea on the fantasy thing

You get 8-10 wrestlers but you can only use 5 a week, so u start 5 and bench either 3 or 5 depending on the max allowed.

it gives flexibility in case of injuries or just in case for example  u have Chris Jericho and u are positive he will lose to Cena, u can bench him so u dont lose those 10 points.

So that is my lone idea

we pick 8-10 wrestlers for example   *any number, decide what u want*

but u have more than u play with that way u can pick and choose on a weekly basis.

I think we should have a RAW only game since Smackdown is taped and people could read the spoilers plus I dont even get Smackdown anymore.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 07:16:46 PM by D? » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2246 on: August 22, 2005, 12:17:34 AM »

Summerslam was a mixed bag

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overall the best PPV ive watched in a few years, 9/10 overall with the benoit/jordan match my only complaint.

can u believe they made Orlando Jordan fuckin job like that to Benoit? that was fucked up, I dont like Orlando but come on, that was horseshit.

Edge whipped Matt Hardy for real, that wasnt fake or staged, he really kicked his ass in that ring, tell me he wasnt really punching and kicking Matt, Holy fuck that was brutal

Kurt Angle over Eugene, I was very very happy about that.

The ladder match was insane, a clusterfuck however as Rey and Eddie blew a bunch of moves which worked out ok cause it made the moves brutal, that storyline was dumb but the match was great.

Orton and Undertaker was a nice old school classic match, very well done, Orton as predicted by most won

Cena over Jericho as expected, nothin special really

Batista vs JBL was boring, Batista victorious

HBK vs Hulk Hogan

I will say this, holy fuckin shit, This match was easily the match of the night and possibly the year as Shawn Micheals proved that he is the greatest wrestler EVER, I have honestly never ever saw Hulk Hogan look that good and that is a tribute to how amazing Micheals is, the way he sold the moves and took bumps was 2nd to none. He was definitely the Showstopper tonight.

Great fuckin match from beginning to end, a classic.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2247 on: August 22, 2005, 12:29:32 AM »

Orlando Jordan was made Benoit's bitch .

Matt Hardy got his ass kicked ,which was like you said D brutal

Would they pleas give Angle the fucking title ,it's about time he had another run .

HBK made Hulk Hogan look like a fuckin million bucks . great match.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2248 on: August 22, 2005, 12:41:58 AM »

I'm fairly pleased with how Summerslam turned out...I guess.  No unpleasant surprises, and a couple pleasant ones.  I'm conflicted about the Benoit.  On one hand, Benoit deserved to be put over big like that.  On the other, its basically a waste of Benoit only using him for a quick squash match like that.  I guess Vince finally realised how big a disgrace it was to have Benoit job to Jordan at the last PPV.  I think that Hardy-Edge match was supposed to look real stiff like that.  I had a feeling they'd give Matt a little extra punishment in that one.  Also pleased to see Angle dispose of Eugene.  And I was ecstatic about the negative reaction Eugene received.  Hopefully that's the end of that gimmick.  The ladder macth could've been better if that stupid angle they ran didn't get in the way.  Let Eddie and Rey do their thing.  I don't need to see Rey's son and Eddie's wife get involved.  Cena over Jericho was expected, what wasn't was the crowd getting more behind Jericho than Cena...good to see.  And HBK is the man, plain and simple.  He's cemented his legacy as maybe the greatest of all-time.  Not a bad Summerslam, but not quite one for the ages.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2249 on: August 22, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »

Summerslam was a great event! The Ladder match's spots were something else.

As for this game i don't see why we can't borrow the wwe.com scoring Wink

RAW/SmackDown! Appearance (+3)
RAW/SmackDown! Match (+5)
RAW/SmackDown! Win (+7)
Heat/Velocity Appearance (+1)
Heat/Velocity Match (+2)
Heat/Velocity Win (+3)
Pay Per View Appearance (+5)
Pay Per View Match (+8)
Pay Per View Win (+12)
All Shows: Win a Title (+20)
All Shows: Retain a Title (+8)
All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)
All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)
All Shows: Eliminating an opponent (+2)
All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)
All Shows: Final Match (+3)
All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
All Shows: Suspension (-10)

SCORING DETAILS

APPEARANCES ?

A Superstar will be awarded appearance points for each segment he/she appears on during the televised event.
A segment is defined as the time period that begins when the WWE show comes back from commercial (or starts) and continues until the time the WWE show goes to commercial (or ends).
Commercial breaks that come during a match will not count as two separate appearances.
Simply being on TV constitutes an "appearance," unless a Superstar is merely in the background in a non-creative role or is otherwise not part of any storyline. For example, if Orlando Jordan is standing next to JBL during a backstage segment, both Orlando Jordan and JBL will receive appearance points. Simply being in the background in a non-creative role does not constitute an appearance. The Fantasy Board of Directors will make the final ruling on whether a Superstar receives appearance points.
Only action from the day of the event will count towards appearance points. Earlier appearances will not count. This includes flashbacks to prior days or weeks, pay-per-view promotions, commercials, match graphics, show openers, and still images.
Appearance points will be updated and available to players at least weekly. In most cases, points will be available the day after a WWE event. The timing of point postings and decisions about points are at the sole discretion of the Fantasy Board of Directors (see below).
MATCHES ?

Matches are scored only when a Superstar is ruled a competitor in a match. Any other Superstar who appears during a match will earn appearance points, but will not earn match points.
Appearances by managers, divas and others ringside will be scored as appearances, not matches.
In the event of a "no-decision" finish, the Superstars who participated in the match will earn match points, but neither will be credited with a win.
SPECIALTY MATCHES ?

A Superstar is awarded an additional 3 points for competing in a designated Specialty match (i.e. Steel Cage Match).
A Superstar is awarded an additional 5 points for winning a designated Specialty match.
For a comprehensive list of designated Specialty matches, click here.
ELIMINATING AN OPPONENT ?

A Superstar is awarded 2 points for eliminating an opponent in a match with elimination rules. Elimination matches include (but are not limited to) Battle Royals, Royal Rumble, Classic Survivor Series Elimination Matches and Fatal Four Way Elimination Matches.

FINAL MATCH

Each time a Superstar competes in the final match of an event, he is awarded an additional 3 points.
Any other Superstar who appears during the final match will earn appearance points, but will not earn Final Match points.
FOREIGN OBJECT USE

A Superstar will be awarded foreign object points each time he is successful in using a foreign object to inflict clear physical harm. Foreign objects include (but are not limited to) chairs, chains, bricks, 2x4s, car parts, powder, salt, and Tajiri's mist.
Simply swinging a chair or throwing an object without connecting does not count as foreign object use. The object must cause clear physical harm.
Objects that are considered part of the ring area, in most cases, will not earn foreign object points.
Objects that are considered part of a stipulation match (i.e. a ladder in a Ladder Match), in most cases, will not earn foreign object points.
For a complete foreign object breakdown, click here.?
DISQUALIFICATION

An official disqualificatin from a match, regardless of the cause, will result in a deduction of 4 points.
SUSPENSION

An official suspension results in a deduction of 10 points.
A Superstar may still receive Fantasy points (appearance points, etc.) while officially on suspension.

Im completely open to suggestions improving these possible rules:

EACH PERSON GETS A SQUAD OF 7

TRADES ARE AVALAIBLE BUT FOR EACH TRADE 2 SUPERSTARS MUST MISS AN EVENTS SCORING (E.G TRADE HHH FOR CENA, MATT HARDY AND EDGE CANNOT GAIN POINTS) THE SUPERSTARS THAT DO NOT SCORE ARE CHOSEN BY THE POSTER

WE SPLIT THE RAW(NO SD GUYS) ROSTER INTO MAIN EVENTERS, UPPER MIDCARDERS, MISCARDERS AND OPENER

A SQUAD IS ONE MAIN EVENTER, TWO UPPER MIDCARDERS, TWO MIDCARDERS AND TWO OPENERS

Suggestions in by say Friday? so we can get the new thread going and squads ready for the 29th August Raw/Heat taping

The winner at the end of maybe the year can call himself King Of The Mountain after ol' Double J Jeff Jarrett himself or something as this is just a bit of fun rather than a real competition

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 04:32:14 PM by Evolution » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2250 on: August 22, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »

Sounds pretty friggin' cool.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2251 on: August 22, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »

How are we gonna draft and all that?

Can each of us have the same guys or are we gonna have a lottery where we each get draft picks?

how are we gonna decide who chooses when?

maybe a mod can think of a number between 1-100 and we guess and determine the order that way.

We arent gonna have subs?? if our main eventer gets injured are we just fucked? I kinda like that, it makes the game interesting cause if someone is leading the game by a landslide, it will still be interesting  cause there guy could always get hurt or something.

Who is gonna be in charge of keeping score and checking to make sure everyone is doing it right?

We need to elect a panel of judges to hear complaints in case any disputes come up and elect some people who will do a great job goin through and making sure the scores are right.

i have more free time than I know what to do with, so I wouldnt care a bit to go after Raw and do the scoring for everyone or double check everyone's scoring.

just let me know or if one of u want to, thats fine as well.

Lets make this run smooth though

a signup deadline and after that its just us.

we should PM every poster that posts here and let em know about it.

This is gonna kick ass and make wrestling even more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:49:04 PM by D? » Logged

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2252 on: August 23, 2005, 09:16:29 AM »

D, You sheep shagging bastard, PM me the rules and how its gonna work in Leymans terms. Kiss

Ta.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2253 on: August 23, 2005, 01:46:51 PM »

Summerslam was well a bit...shit...i'll elaborate in a few days...i'm currently trapped at uni doing resits and it sucks

As for this wrestling game if we get a mod involved best one is Jim aka Used Illusions since he frequents this thread more than any other mod and i remember from the GN'R rumour at Wrestlemania a few years ago Jarmo hates wrestling.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2254 on: August 23, 2005, 04:12:28 PM »

Wrong, Jarmo hates you Stoned! Tongue

He loves men in lycra! Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2255 on: August 23, 2005, 06:43:47 PM »

are we doing Raw only? what about Heat/velocity? I dont watch either so..........

when are we gonna get this goin?

U wanna wait till HHH gets back?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2256 on: August 24, 2005, 10:29:35 AM »

are we doing Raw only? what about Heat/velocity? I dont watch either so..........

when are we gonna get this goin?

U wanna wait till HHH gets back?
You don't need to watch heat/velocity results are available on t'internet, Trips ain't due back til october
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2257 on: August 24, 2005, 12:39:31 PM »

Yeah, count me in. Hell, it's not like I have anything else to be doing.

Could be a bit of a laugh. My brother did (well, is still doing) the actual WWE one, and that seems pretty cool.

Who's gonna refine the rules, anybody? Because count me out of that...Too much thinking involved, and I'd probably screw it up.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
makane
Legend

« Reply #2258 on: August 25, 2005, 02:17:58 AM »

Yeee yee yee im in! rofl

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2259 on: August 25, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

Who's gonna refine the rules, anybody? Because count me out of that...Too much thinking involved, and I'd probably screw it up.

Yes you would!

Well i asked D to send me the rules and how it all works and the only thing ive received in my PM inbox in the last few days is Chris Misfit asking me to be his lover, again.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: