Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 846097 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2220 on: August 19, 2005, 02:06:21 AM »

Yeah, and The Rock wasn't completely against putting other people over from time to time.  I can count the number of people Hogan put over on one hand.  The Rock was never above jobbing to and putting over guys for the future of the business.  One of the many reasons I admire him.  I never thought I'd miss The Rock this much, but damn he needs to come back.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2221 on: August 19, 2005, 04:26:41 AM »

After Doom I have a feeling The Rock will be back

Anyhow when is WWe moving back to USA?

they arent listed on Spike after Summerslam

so is the redebut on USA august 21st?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2222 on: August 19, 2005, 04:44:42 AM »

SUMMERSLAM PREDICTION TIME BABY!

Orlando vs Chris Benoit=====Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle vs Eugene---------Kurt Angle please
Batista vs JBL----------------JBL Batista has had it long enough
Cena Vs Jericho------------------Cena
Matt Hardy vs Edge---------------Edge
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero-----------Eddie I hope
Undertaker vs Randy Orton-----------Randy Orton
HBk Vs Hogan * I pray this is the main event*  HBK

Give me some predictions!

during the Hogan/HBK match Bret Hart will come down, he will try to hit Shawn and accidentally knock out Hulk Hogan

Hart will then be part of a storyline where people will wonder if it was intentional or not since Hogan wouldnt job to him and help his career a long and helped bury Bret once he signed with WCW.

WWE arent that good anymore though, so dont expect that to happen.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2223 on: August 19, 2005, 06:51:06 AM »

SUMMERSLAM PREDICTION TIME BABY!

Orlando vs Chris Benoit=====Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle vs Eugene---------Kurt Angle please
Batista vs JBL----------------JBL Batista has had it long enough
Cena Vs Jericho------------------Cena
Matt Hardy vs Edge---------------Edge
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero-----------Eddie I hope
Undertaker vs Randy Orton-----------Randy Orton
HBk Vs Hogan * I pray this is the main event*? HBK

Give me some predictions!

during the Hogan/HBK match Bret Hart will come down, he will try to hit Shawn and accidentally knock out Hulk Hogan

Hart will then be part of a storyline where people will wonder if it was intentional or not since Hogan wouldnt job to him and help his career a long and helped bury Bret once he signed with WCW.

WWE arent that good anymore though, so dont expect that to happen.
They'd love that to happen it's not them being not that good (although they aren't) it's Bret refusing to return as part of any sort of storyline.

Predictions
Orlando Jordan vs Chris Benoit - Chris Benoit
Kurt Angle vs Eugene - Kurt Angle
Batista vs JBL - Batista
John Cena vs Chris Jericho - John Cena
Matt Hardy vs Edge - Double DQ
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero - Eddie Guerrero
Undertaker vs Randy Orton - Randy Orton
Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan - Hulk Hogan (Unfortunately, i see it unlikely he would let them have him be beaten down on the last RAW before hand if he was jobbing at the PPV aswell)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2224 on: August 19, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »

After Doom I have a feeling The Rock will be back

Anyhow when is WWe moving back to USA?

they arent listed on Spike after Summerslam

so is the redebut on USA august 21st?

From what Ive heard, Raw isnt debuting back on USA until first week of October.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
makane
Legend

« Reply #2225 on: August 19, 2005, 01:42:44 PM »

man, SmackDown SUCKED  rant

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2226 on: August 19, 2005, 01:49:22 PM »

Christy Hemme would be a much more effective character if she was mute.? Did Christian do something to piss somebody important off?? The WWE's burying of him has reached RVD proportions.? Thankfully I already have my Christian Captain Charisma t-shirt.? That's how I roll.

Yeah, why the fuck is this.
The WWE sucks, they put Orlando Jordan Vs Chris benoit for the US title on PPV but no Christian?
Rubbish.

Benoit is good, but come on, OJ is shit, it will take an awful lot of carrying for Benoit to pull out a good un from that egit!

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2227 on: August 19, 2005, 02:40:44 PM »

I thaught Charmelle and Melina were actually no0t bad in there match on smackdown..Better then any other divas match ive seen anywyas..alot more wrestling moves then just slapping and shit

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2228 on: August 19, 2005, 02:56:19 PM »

Christian isnt on Summerslam, what the fuck are they thinking?

Im getting tired of this.

UFC are listed on Spike Tv Monday from 9 till midnight but they have to have a Raw the night after SummerSlam

I dont see Hogan jobbing to Micheals either and that will suck.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2229 on: August 19, 2005, 02:59:40 PM »

My Summerslam Predictions Are As Follows:

Cena
Micheals
Batista
Chris Benoit
Orton...Want Taker To win
Hardy
Rey
Angle

And by the way I agree..Im not A Christian fan by any means but he is talented in the ring and on the mic and this si fucking ridiculous...there must be something we dont know about cause this is stupid

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2230 on: August 19, 2005, 03:06:09 PM »

Christian isnt on Summerslam, what the fuck are they thinking?

Im getting tired of this.
After Smackdown this week i smell a face turn....heels beating down heels? ?That could suck though face turns often take away a characters edge. ?HBK has shown how much better he is as a heel, i even liked Cena when he was one. ?I really hope he doesn't his gimmick is great, he is way over i read this though showing even more hints of a de-push, although i think it may not be that;

WWE has a collectible card game called "Raw Deal". A set of cards for Christian is going to be released in early October, and he was to be referred to as Captain Charisma. Well, WWE has now told Comic Images (the makers of the game) that he now has to be referred to as CLB and if you check Shopzone, all Captain Charisma merchandise has been removed. It's kind of weird considering how over he is, to suddenly pull his merchandise. Captain Charisma's cards were the most anticipated cards of the new Raw Deal set entitled: Unforgiven. In a poll to determine which order the cards would be spoiled on the Official Yahoo Group of over 3000 members, Captain Charisma beat Batista, Immortal Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and a few others.

While on the subject of Christian, it looks like that WWE are no longer selling Captain Charisma T-Shirts. A reader sent word that he tried to purchase a "Captain Charisma" shirt only to come up with this message: "The product you have tried to access is no longer available for purchase on this site". Apparently, Christian has been noticeably unhappy backstage, but still professional about having his character push.

Think about it they aren't going to fire him, he's popular character why stop selling things that sell well? ?I suspect his turn will involve a new character, make-over and new merchandise it's the only good reason i can think of.

Here's an amusing comment by the people over at PWInsider.com and like them i am hoping this happens;

Is anyone else hoping Paul Ellering shows up to smack Animal upside the head with a newspaper for making Heidenreich part of the Legion Of Doom?

Edit: Just a though since everyone i talk to about wrestling seems to agree about Christian, how about an online petition if this de-push continues, they listened to the fans over Matt Hardy.? Maybe they should start a 'We Want Christian' chant during Orlando Jordan's match get the point over that we hate him, WWE being they way they are would probably take it as Anit-Chris Benoit stuff
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 03:53:05 PM by Stoned » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2231 on: August 19, 2005, 03:08:06 PM »

Summerslam Predictions

Cena
Hogan
Batista
Chris Benoit
Orton
Hardy
Rey
Angle

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2232 on: August 20, 2005, 02:03:53 AM »

Summerslam Predictions

Chris Benoit over Orlando Jordan:  Not that this doesn't make up for them totally burying Benoit.
Kurt Angle over Eugene:  Apparantely Angle is next in line for Cena, so jobbing him to Eugene would be very counter-productive...
Batista over JBL:  Batista's reign won't last too much longer, but it'll last past Summerslam.
John Cena over Chris Jericho:  One of the most predictable title matches in recent memory.
Edge over Matt Hardy:  Should be interesting.
Mysterio over Eddie:  Amazing match will make people forget about this totally idiotic angle.
Orton over Undertaker:  Look for Orton to get a major push towards Batista's title.
Hogan over HBK:  I so want it to go the other way, but I doubt Hogan would come back just to lose.  I don't expect to see Bret Hart for this one.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2233 on: August 20, 2005, 01:22:20 PM »

I choose

Batista
John Cena
Rey Mysterio
Orton( im with Rob, Batista/Orton at No Mercy)
No Contest for Hardy/Edge
Hogan
Kurt Angle
Benoit
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2234 on: August 20, 2005, 03:31:31 PM »

Christian
Booker T
Big Show
Carlito (Intercontinental Champion)
Hurricane (Tag Team Champion)
Rosey (Tag Team Champion)
Road Warrior Animal (Tag Team Champion)
Heidenreich (Tag Team Champion)
MNM
Kane
Shelton Benjamin
Nunzio (Cruiserweight Champion)
The Mexicools

That's a list of names of the stars left off the PPV.  Now i don't have much time for the Tag Champs or Cruiserweight but those belts need meaning and defences on the big stages.  Shelton Benjamin had a great IC Title reign and now he's been unfairly dropped off the picture.  Carlito is awesome i really like him and as IC Champion surely he should be defending it.  MNM the best tag team to enter the company since the attitude era and where are they now?  Mexicools, wonderful new stable, great in-ring athletes, but oh wait their cruiserweights...ahh that's why they've been left off....WWE morons  rant how can you leave these guys off!!

Only 2 goddamn cruiserweights made the show.  We all seem to support Christian here but i'll rant anyway, he's not a good midcarder who's been left off or upper-midcarder he's potentially a main eventer the new showstopper and icon, the charisma he has is so early HBK....why do you WWE cunts mistreat him? MonkeyMotherFuckers rant As for Booker T not my cup of tea but the guy is decent enough although i won't lose any sleep over his absence.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2235 on: August 21, 2005, 03:46:15 AM »

There is a spot on WWE.com where u can email the wrestlers

I emailed Christian and gave him our support and told him that we were gonna start an online petition if they keep messing him over.

Evolution
« Reply #2236 on: August 21, 2005, 08:57:56 AM »

Good move D, whereabouts is that section, i can't see it

Looks like Christian is probably headed for a face turn, Why don't WWE add Christian Vs The Mexicools in a Gauntlet Match or something to Summerslam? He could beat Crazy and Psicosis onto to beat Juvi by DQ as the numbers game gets him.

Speaking of people left off SS where has Kane gone? I guess due to Matt being back they are keeping the characters apart for a wee while

I read somewhere that Trish is gonna return tonight and confront Ashley. It's so crazy that all Trish has to do upon her comeback in get in the face of a non-wrestler like she did Christy last year   Tongue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2237 on: August 21, 2005, 09:06:50 AM »

Why don't WWE add Christian Vs The Mexicools in a Gauntlet Match or something to Summerslam
In WWE's defence i read he got injured at a house show the other week, that would probably explain the beat-down, looks like an angle to keep him of tv for a short time.
Evolution
« Reply #2238 on: August 21, 2005, 02:01:12 PM »

Oh yeah i remember reading that. A dodgy scissor kick from Booker.

I was thinking about something that could perhaps spice up the Wrestling Thread. Much like wwe.com have their fantasy game why don't we have something similar? Say a 5 man squad of wrestlers for each show with points based on wins/appearances etc.

What does everyone think?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2239 on: August 21, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

I was thinking about something that could perhaps spice up the Wrestling Thread. Much like wwe.com have their fantasy game why don't we have something similar? Say a 5 man squad of wrestlers for each show with points based on wins/appearances etc.

What does everyone think?

Sound cool to me.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: