Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 846117 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2200 on: August 15, 2005, 12:41:14 PM »

Hey Stoned any word who Regal's partner will be?
Paul Burchill, i just could not remember his name i heard they've teamed together on house shows, i think it was reported that they jobbed to Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty, i pray that isn't a sign of things to come.

does anyone know Johnny Swinger has debuted in WWE?Huh The poor guy has been on Heat the past two weeks losing to Matt Striker and Val Venis under the name of Johnny Parisi, a "relation" of a former WWWF Tag Champ. Complete crap how so many wrestlers get their debut on the weekend shows these days Undecided
Haven't seen either of those matches but i heard about them.? I think it's a shame i hope they are just tryout matches and he will get a proper debut and push, he is a decent wrestler, the team of Swinger & Diamond in TNA were one of the decent early teams in the company along with AMW.

I watched The Monday Night Wars DVD today and all that did was further my belief that Vince ain't that amazing as people make him out to be.? For starters it was quite obvious that the people who killed WCW were the the wrestlers like Nash & Hogan, Ted Turner who had no idea what so ever about the business & guys like Vince Russo who lied about their abilities and made promises they could not fulfil.? They pissed their money away on countless celebrities and failed to give the new guys a chance, the only reason Vince gave new guys a chance was most of his old guys had left him and he had no other options.? Vince did not want Luger, Nash or Hall to leave them in the first place.? As for the DVD i don't think they delved into the story enough, still it was fairly enjoyable, the extra's aren't bad either.? The stand-out one is of Jim Cornette on RAW saying what he thought of the business, a very early WWE shoot style promo.

Don't spoil tonights RAW Smiley
Huh I didn't even mention it.

I ment WHEN IT COMES  Wink
Well i watch it live, as many do and like to talk about it....when do you see it?
later tomorrow, i download all episodes since it comes ~month later here... it's funny, i can't go to WWE.com or anything between monday night - tuesday morning & thursday night - friday morning.
i might as well do the same with this thread  hihi
Maybe..although if it continues to be as poor as it has been my comments tomorrow may consist of RAW sucked and Shawn Michaels was the only highlight cutting another good promo, that's kinda been the feel of the show the last few weeks so unless a miracle happens i probably won't spoil much...be careful though Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:45:23 PM by Stoned » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2201 on: August 15, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »

Source: PWInsider.com

-- For those wondering about the status of Triple H and WWE, he is currently working behind the scenes and still does attend both RAW and SmackDown! on a weekly basis. With Vince and Linda getting older, Triple H is basically being groomed to head up the company with Stephanie once they 'retire'. Triple H's name is also now on the format sheets indicating that he is a writer and a major force in the creative team. He had been working with creative but it was never publicized to any of the workers that he was a writer.

Triple H has also been at Titan Towers in Stamford, CT while TV tapings are not in progress. He is getting a more hands on look at the business standpoint of WWE. As of this time, he is not expected to return until the return of RAW to the USA Network.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2202 on: August 15, 2005, 06:24:13 PM »

I went to Raw last month and Triple H wrestled a dark match after the show went off.  I don't like the idea of an active wrestler having too much say over what's going on, but once he's done with wrestling I think he could definitely do some good behind the scenes writing and booking.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2203 on: August 16, 2005, 12:22:52 AM »

Ya I just got back from the house show in Peterborough..It was pretty sweet..5 rows back on the floor..pretty good show..Highlights were Taker vs Orton, Rey & Booker VS Orlando and Christian and M&M vs Hiedenrich and Animal..also i got  Mysterio,Christian and Juventudes autograph and Orton kind of seemed like a prick..Rey was extremely cool though..Rey came out to the parking lot and got the crowd chanting and and cheering and shit and spent at least an hour singing autographs..Also he was without his mask..And then Orton  came out with no T-Shirt and just teased everyone and then we followed Orton and Rey up to the stop lights and Rey told Orton to sign my book and Orton put his window downto sign it ajnd I didnt have a pen so this girl lent it to me and he put his window back up..and then Rey told him i had a pen again and to sign it..and Orton waited about 10 seconds and then pointed at the green light..Rey was an extremely cool guy and I chased Takers car for 15 seconds and he waved to me..He was also very cool..Didnt sign autographs but he came out and waved to everyone and smiled and talked to someone for a minute and then putt he one arm up and got into his car..Orton has never been cool off charecter..Dosent seem liek he likes the road..We seen him leaving Summerslam last year rigth after he won the title and Ive never seen someone look so depressed..Anwyays it was a very good show and Rey is soo cool

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2204 on: August 16, 2005, 09:39:18 AM »

Ya I just got back from the house show in Peterborough..It was pretty sweet..5 rows back on the floor..pretty good show..Highlights were Taker vs Orton, Rey & Booker VS Orlando and Christian and M&M vs Hiedenrich and Animal..also i got? Mysterio,Christian and Juventudes autograph and Orton kind of seemed like a prick..Rey was extremely cool though..Rey came out to the parking lot and got the crowd chanting and and cheering and shit and spent at least an hour singing autographs..Also he was without his mask..And then Orton? came out with no T-Shirt and just teased everyone and then we followed Orton and Rey up to the stop lights and Rey told Orton to sign my book and Orton put his window downto sign it ajnd I didnt have a pen so this girl lent it to me and he put his window back up..and then Rey told him i had a pen again and to sign it..and Orton waited about 10 seconds and then pointed at the green light..Rey was an extremely cool guy and I chased Takers car for 15 seconds and he waved to me..He was also very cool..Didnt sign autographs but he came out and waved to everyone and smiled and talked to someone for a minute and then putt he one arm up and got into his car..Orton has never been cool off charecter..Dosent seem liek he likes the road..We seen him leaving Summerslam last year rigth after he won the title and Ive never seen someone look so depressed..Anwyays it was a very good show and Rey is soo cool
Sounds very cool dude...Christian & Juventud's autographs i would of been especially happy about.  As for Orton it doesn't surprise me, many successful gimmicks are those where a wrestler plays himself, just a tad more intense.  From stories i've heard he is a cocky prick backstage anyway.

RAW SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO SEE IT TURN AWAY FROM THE SCREEN.....
...NOW

The opening of RAW and ending were excellent they way HBK pissed off the Canadians was so funny.  The Bret Hart tease (my heart skipped a beat for a second)...they fell for...then the Hogan tease...which they also fell for, awesome mic work and a great opening he handled the crowd so well.  The end was great to when he tuned up the band for Sweet Chin Music and then stopped and locked the Sharpshooter on Hogan...great stuff...only annoying thing is with him coming out on top on the last RAW before Summerslam chances are he won't be winning at Summerslam.
Evolution
« Reply #2205 on: August 16, 2005, 02:29:44 PM »

HBK was the man last night. The heat he got was spectacular! HBK of '97 was back last night
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2206 on: August 16, 2005, 05:15:46 PM »

I love how Hogan did this little comeback to try to promote himself, and in the end its HBK who's getting all the attention in this feud.  He's really cemented himself as one of the greatest all around performers in wrestling history.  That Bret Hart thing they did last night was shameful.  I doubt Bret had anything to do with that.  They used that meeting they had last week to tease the Montreal crowd that he was gonna come back.  How many times must Vince screw over Canadian crowds?  I know Bret won't be at Summerslam, but Vince is really trying to make it look like he will be.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2207 on: August 16, 2005, 05:20:16 PM »

How many times must Vince screw over Canadian crowds?
They deserve it.  He does what makes money.  The fans chant 'We Want Matt' so he brings him back because he knows it will make money.  Everytime HBK is in Canada they start chanting 'You Screwed Bret'.  Because they do this he exploits the situation because he knows it will draw ratings, if the fans shut their mouths and moved on with their lives then so would Vince.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2208 on: August 16, 2005, 05:24:32 PM »

True, but after all that's happened to Bret and his family, you'd think Vince wouldn't try to exploit the situation for more ratings.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2209 on: August 16, 2005, 06:03:05 PM »

True, but after all that's happened to Bret and his family, you'd think Vince wouldn't try to exploit the situation for more ratings.
True but how the hell can HBK cut a promo in Canada without acknowledging it?  The damn fans won't shut up, so he might as well respond, and since's he is a heel it's to be expected.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2210 on: August 16, 2005, 06:10:32 PM »

Being from Canada it is very very true..If the fans would stop it they wouldnt make such a big deal about it..They even chanted it to Earl Hebner

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2211 on: August 16, 2005, 06:26:58 PM »

Being from Canada it is very very true..If the fans would stop it they wouldnt make such a big deal about it..They even chanted it to Earl Hebner
On the actual subject Vince did make a mistake but i put it down to the fear that Bret would do what other stars had done to him;
Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Lex Luger all promised Vince they would not leave weeks later they did.
Alundra Blayze also jumped ship and w/ the Women's Title, binning it on Nitro something Vince feared with Bret i guess.
With the company losing in the ratings war he could not risk things
He should of realised though Bret is a man of his word, a very honourable dude who would not of done this, but hell the other people who screwed him over he did not expect it of them, although Bret as an actual person is in a different league to these guys, but considering the fact WCW went under years later Vince at the time maybe believed if Nitro continued to beat them they would go under.  I mean imagine if the WWE champion had turned up on WCW TV the fans would of really thought, fuck who needs WCW we have both champs now.  Plus but for the screwjob we wouldn't of got the Evil Vince character and would never of had the awesome Vince vs. Austin wars.  Shane would of probably never come along, nor Steph who were both good to start with.  We'd of never had the corporation or the crazy Shane matches with Test, Steve Blackman, Vince or Kurt Angle.  The Attitude Era would of been very different, maybe not as good as it was and if not for the screwjob WCW might be the company on top now.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2212 on: August 17, 2005, 12:25:41 PM »

or the crazy Shane matches with Test, Steve Blackman, Vince or Kurt Angle.?

You are forgetting the match with the Big Show ( i think??) When he jumped from the Titantron bout 40 foot down, missed The Big Show and landed on some crash mats. Was that Show or am i dreaming?
That, although it sucked, looked fucking cool, as well as the Van Terminator he did on his own Father....Shane has had his moments and unlike Stephanie, i miss him!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2213 on: August 17, 2005, 03:39:05 PM »

You are forgetting the match with the Big Show ( i think??) When he jumped from the Titantron bout 40
That was Steve Blackman as i mentioned yes I did miss him but i hated his matches with Kane, the supposed monster who was destroying everyone but struggled with Shane who was also kicking the assess of established wrestlers like Chris Jericho on Raw...quite bollocks.  Steph had her moments the love triangle w/ Angle & HHH provided some hilarious TV, until the angle kinda fizzled out with no decent conclusion (thanks to a bit of HHH politics).
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2214 on: August 17, 2005, 05:12:03 PM »

Steph had her moments, but I hated her as Smackdown GM.  She was very good as Triple H's slutty love interest...I guess that really doesn't count as acting though.  Shane was cool.  He was actualy good in the ring.  In fact he's better than a lot of guys on the roster right now.  How cool is it that he's the boss's son, and he's still willing to take crazier bumps than 99% of the guys on the friggin' roster?  Doea anyone know what Shane's been up to?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2215 on: August 17, 2005, 06:16:41 PM »

Does anyone know what Shane's been up to?
Busy with family life, wife had a kid the other year, he still turns up backstage from time to time but Steph is much more involved she'll be running things with HHH when Vinnie Mac retires.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2216 on: August 17, 2005, 09:36:42 PM »

doesn't Shane handle WWE.com?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 09:58:44 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2217 on: August 17, 2005, 10:20:41 PM »

doesn't Shane handle WWE.com?
Dunno.? What i do know is he is not the active figure in the company he once was he has more of a backseat role and his appearances backstage at shows are less frequent.? Steph on the other-hand is way more involved, doing plenty for the writing team and ruining the company in the process, her & HHH are as good as running things now, in a few years they will be officially.

Edit: A Few Things To Highlight WWE Stupidity

At the SmackDown! taping this week, there was apparently no Christian shirts for sale in the entire building. A vendor at the show stated that WWE didn't think Christian shirts would be a good seller, even though she had been asked about them all night. 

Christy Hemme on 'Sky Sports News' here in the UK.
On Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels, she said she would like Hulk Hogan to win, she grew up watching him, called him very entertaining, charasmatic and athletic.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 02:12:01 PM by Stoned » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2218 on: August 18, 2005, 04:06:02 PM »

Christy Hemme would be a much more effective character if she was mute.  Did Christian do something to piss somebody important off?  The WWE's burying of him has reached RVD proportions.  Thankfully I already have my Christian Captain Charisma t-shirt.  That's how I roll.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2219 on: August 18, 2005, 05:11:51 PM »

Thankfully I already have my Christian Captain Charisma t-shirt.? That's how I roll.
CLB Tongue

While The Rock and Austin had good runs with consistent opponents, Hogan believes that his true gift was his staying power and his ability to successfully adapt to many different opponents.

He never adapted his opponents adapted for him so they could carry his lame ass.  His promo's aside from the nWo stuff have remained pretty much the same no matter who he's been against.  The Rock had plenty of staying power his departure was merely for another career, one which Hogan incidently fell falt on his face at.  As for Austin he retired due to injury.  He only got stale in his non-wrestling roles, they had just as much staying power, could work with various opponents and only stayed around for less time due to injury and films.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:32:23 PM by Stoned » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: