Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 846110 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2180 on: August 14, 2005, 02:11:10 AM »

I love Shawn Micheals but his Montreal screw job and his refusal to drop the belt at at Wrestlemania ranks up there to a degree.

Remember the WCW PPV when Vince Russo ordered Jeff jarrett to lie down for Hogan and he then verbally tore Hogan a new asshole?

Who is the greatest in ring performer

I still go with HBK slightly over Bret Hart.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2181 on: August 14, 2005, 06:39:58 AM »

I have to disagree when it comes to Hogan's promos.? Ever see his promo before fighting Andre The Giant at the WrestleMania where they had the tournament for the World Title (I forget exactly which one that was)?? That was one of the greatest promos of all time.?
Wrestlemania IV, yeah sorry i should of been more specific i meant his current promo's are, i can't fault his old ones.
Evolution
« Reply #2182 on: August 14, 2005, 06:06:05 PM »

Well Eddie/Rey VI is now a Ladder Match with the custody paper of Dominic swinging above the ring.

Although the storyline is so out of the control i don't mind so much because i know this match will kill. Summerslam looks like it shall be enjoyable at least
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2183 on: August 14, 2005, 07:30:24 PM »

Wrestlemania 4.....

....Is my memory being bias, or was that a great event? I haven't seen it in years. (I saw it on tape years after, obviously)

...Even if the ending to the afformentioned 'match' was...

....ahem.

Well. Let's just say, you wouldn't see that nowadays.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2184 on: August 14, 2005, 07:43:39 PM »

The Eddie and Ray storyline is horrible.

But it should be a pretty good match at summerslame

Hogan was good at the promos back in the day but over the last couple of years he has just sucked at them.

Wrestlemania 4 was good ,but I don't know if I would call it great.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2185 on: August 14, 2005, 08:59:26 PM »

Wrestlemania 4.....

....Is my memory being bias, or was that a great event? I haven't seen it in years. (I saw it on tape years after, obviously)

...Even if the ending to the afformentioned 'match' was...

....ahem.

Well. Let's just say, you wouldn't see that nowadays.
Wrestlemania IV was pretty poor...too many matches and not enough time to devolope best of the bunch was Demolition vs. Strike Force, not bad to watch for nostalga but match quality...no way.  Main Event was wrecked by HoganSavage should of just won cleanly but no Hogan had to steal his thunder.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2186 on: August 14, 2005, 09:40:57 PM »

Did hogan hit dibiase or something? I can't remember.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Evolution
« Reply #2187 on: August 14, 2005, 11:59:50 PM »

He hit Ted with a chair for Savage to get the duke i think.

Im guessing one more will be added to the Summerslam card.  Personally i think MNM/Benoit and Booker T/LOD 2005 for the WWE Tag Titles should added. Get the fucking belts off those idiots. Anyone will do!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2188 on: August 15, 2005, 01:27:51 AM »

Everyone looking forward to Summerslam...? Tongue Im personally tooning in to see if the immortal one will really job to Shawn or if Hulkamania will really live forever. Chris Jericho is taking pretty much the rest of the fall off to tour with his shitty band Fozzy so the Raw main event is pretty predictable. Batista seems to be lost on me as a champ but he still will prevail over JBL. Eddie Guerrero and Rey Meysterio's storyline seems really stupid to me but the match should be interesting and I wouldnt mind seeing Latino Heat getting the best of Rey at least once. Hardy vs Edge sounds really promising but if it has Vince's creative touches on it.. no Here are just my other two cents for what there worth to you fine gents and gals..

Booker T is old and washed up!!, Christian continues to not receive his rightful title reign, Orlando Jordan is terrible and is a joke as US champ,Switching both brands champions was kinda pointless as neither seem to be able to carry either brand, and Viscera has the best and most amusing gimmick in ages.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2189 on: August 15, 2005, 02:25:17 AM »

Yeah, Hogan's recent promos do not compare to his old ones.  Hogan's last great promo was when he challenged Kevin Nash to the Yapapa strap match back in WCW.  The thing that was great about his old promos was that they were so ridiculous and outlandish they were hilarious.  WreslteMania IV was ok.  I liked that Savage finally got the title, but like a couple people have said, it would have been much better with a clean finish instead of Hogan coming out to interfere.  Summerslam doesn't look like its gonna be all that great.  Right now I can only think of 3 matches I really want to see:  Michaels vs. Hogan, Eddie vs. Mysterio, and Edge vs. Matt Hardy.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2190 on: August 15, 2005, 03:19:55 AM »

Ive said it many many times on here

The WWE overtook WCW and was great cause they use to listen to their fans

It started with RVD and after he got fucked over it became clear that the WWE no longer listens to the fans

Christian is amazing but keeps getting lost in the shuffle and buried

He could be having a huge run right now but he will burn out with nothing to show for it.

That pisses me off.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #2191 on: August 15, 2005, 06:07:21 AM »

Hahah, Can WWE go any lower with the Eddie vs. Rey match? maybe they could, they should replace the custody papers with dominick hanging from his legs  hihi. anyway, i think summerslam will be pretty funny ok
   IM
 YOU'R
  PAPI

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2192 on: August 15, 2005, 06:20:21 AM »

maybe they could, they should replace the custody papers with dominick hanging from his legs
rofl I would love that...great idea dude yes Evo, nice idea for a tag match, least there would be 4 decent wrestlers involved...can't see it though...i remember reading a rumour about The Mexicools getting the belts, that would work for me, i'm guessing it would be Super Crazy & Psychosis 2 very good stars.  Regal has formed a tag team aswell with a British star...expect them to debut soon...that will then give us 3 good heel tag teams but no decent face ones.... Benoit/Booker T make a good team but will only be temporary and as for LOD 2005...they suck!  Read last night HBK has a 320 page Autobiography coming out latest this year...awesome stuff that should rock.  Frankie 'The Future' Kazarian looks to be finished with the company already, word has it he is dissapointed at being misused and also annoyed that the cruiserweights have been made to tone it down...hell i can't blame the guy, they could of done plenty with him but they've done nothing no
makane
Legend

« Reply #2193 on: August 15, 2005, 07:24:17 AM »

Don't spoil tonights RAW Smiley

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2194 on: August 15, 2005, 08:41:09 AM »

Huh I didn't even mention it.
makane
Legend

« Reply #2195 on: August 15, 2005, 08:55:40 AM »

I ment WHEN IT COMES  Wink

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2196 on: August 15, 2005, 09:12:05 AM »

I ment WHEN IT COMES? Wink
Well i watch it live, as many do and like to talk about it....when do you see it?
makane
Legend

« Reply #2197 on: August 15, 2005, 09:31:48 AM »

I ment WHEN IT COMES? Wink
Well i watch it live, as many do and like to talk about it....when do you see it?
later tomorrow, i download all episodes since it comes ~month later here... it's funny, i can't go to WWE.com or anything between monday night - tuesday morning & thursday night - friday morning.
i might as well do the same with this thread  hihi

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2198 on: August 15, 2005, 09:37:54 AM »

Im looking forward to seeing the Hogan VS Angle match..But ill have to tape it cause im going to the Smackdown house show tonight in peterborough..Cant wai to see Taker and Animal

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2199 on: August 15, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »

The whole Kazarian situation is complete bullshit on WWE's part. I actually respect Frankie a lot more for not putting up with it. I hear WWE wanted him to change his look and cut his long hair! I don't see what's wrong with the look and gimmick he has now.

Did anyone catch Velocity last night? I've read nothing but positive things about Ken Anderson and i guess he has gotten his call up from OVW as he defeated Funaki last night. His gimmick is that he prefer to do the ring announcing for himself rather than Tony Chimel Cheesy? ?"Here is your winner...........Mr.Anderson!.....................Anderson"

Hey Stoned any word who Regal's partner will be? I think the only Brits OVW has are Steve Lewington who participated in the Kurt Angle Invitational when Smackdown was taped in Birmingham and the man i'd rather William teamed with, Paul Burchill who you may have caught in FWA last year. He is pretty impressive, a similar build to perhaps Snitsky but he can actually perform Shooting Star Presses across the ring.

On RAW tonight im guessing a No-Contest between Angle/Hogan and Jericho to get the win on Cena in the handicap match. I would'nt mind if Raw added another match to Summerslam either. For example i remember at Armageddon 1999 they had a space on the card so they just threw a Tag Team battle Royal onto the card. Why the hell not do the same again? But this time all the mid-carders on Raw can get into a Battle Royal perhaps for a shot at Carlito's IC Title the following night on RAW? Carlito could do commentary so the match may not being a classic but Carlito will keep you entertained. And another bonus is the likes of Viscera,Rob Conway,Val Venis,The Hurricane,Rosey,Antonio,Romeo,Chris Masters,The Big Show,Kerwin White,Rene Dupree,Tyson Tomko,Matt Striker and others get an appearance on PPV.

One last final thought............does anyone know Johnny Swinger has debuted in WWE?Huh The poor guy has been on Heat the past two weeks losing to Matt Striker and Val Venis under the name of Johnny Parisi, a "relation" of a former WWWF Tag Champ. Complete crap how so many wrestlers get their debut on the weekend shows these days Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: