Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:50:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 846434 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2160 on: August 09, 2005, 04:08:41 AM »

I'm sure there is still some bad blood between Hardy and Edge, but I think they've probably somewhat made ammends by now.  I don't thunk Vince would risk a guy like Edge by putting him in a match with somebody who may be out to hurt him.  I love that Eugene was booed in favor of Angle.  Angle deserves so much better.  If he has to job to Eugene at Summerslam it would be even worse than Benoit losing to Orlando Jordan last month.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2161 on: August 10, 2005, 09:34:09 AM »

RAW was awful Monday.  The final segment was great, Shawn Michaels spoke the truth and it worked really well...as for the rest....i won't even waste my time talking about it.

Seems Tatanka hasn't signed a WWE deal, they are just in negotiations, well i would tell him unless he gets into shape he has no chance of returning.

Details of The Ultimate Warrior DVD are out:

The Ultimate Warrior ? a household name and icon in sports-entertainment.

A driving guitar beat heralded his explosion to the ring with his signature arm bands and face paint. His intensity was unparalleled. His controversial personality was equally unmatched. Learn about the man and the myth from the people who witnessed his meteoric rise to the WWE Championship in a victory against Hulk Hogan before 67,000 fans at Wrestlemania VI. Hear from the Superstars who worked with the man.

Did he burn out or drop out?

Relive his feuds with "Macho Man" Randy Savage, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Hulk Hogan and more. Exclusive interviews with Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff break down the Ultimate Warrior's stints in WWE & WCW. Find out exactly what happened at Summerslam 1991 when The Ultimate Warrior held up the WWE for more money!

DVD Extras:

vs Terry Gibbs - Wrestling Challenge 24/10/87
vs Honky Tonk Man - Intercontinental Championship Match - Summerslam 29/8/88
vs Hulk Hogan - Title vs Title Match - Wrestlemania VI 1/4/90
vs Ravishing Rick Rude - WWE Championship Steel Cage Match - Summerslam 17/8/90
vs Macho King Randy Savage - Retirement Match - Wrestlemania VII 24/3/91

Not many matches as extras.  I think that's pretty poor, The Road Warriors were shoddy wrestlers but on their DVD they put loads (it was double disc though, maybe this one should be).  What about Wrestlemania 12 when he crushed HHH hihi mmmm i wonder why that one was left off.  What about his short-lived crap in WCW like Hogan vs. Warrior II from a historical point of view alone those matches should be included.  I'll still be picking up the DVD though, i am really hoping for an interesting and revealing story, i hope i won't be let-down.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2162 on: August 10, 2005, 02:21:15 PM »

I always thought The Warrior was a very overrated in ring performer.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2163 on: August 10, 2005, 02:51:45 PM »

I always thought The Warrior was a very overrated in ring performer.
He was in Hogan & Batista's league as far as in-ring ability, he had to be carried just like them.  The gimmick was awesome though i loved it as a kid i was a massive fan and that's why i find this DVD package interesting.  First mention of this DVD many months ago made out it was going to be his greatest matches.. rofl .... that's what i found amusing since he's only had about 3 decent ones in his whole career.

Fun Fact: He starred in the film Firepower in 1994 playing The Swordsman. http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0106915/
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2164 on: August 10, 2005, 02:53:38 PM »

I was always a Hogan loyalist back then.  I know he wasn't a good in ring performer either, but I was...and to some extent still am a Hulkamaniac.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2165 on: August 10, 2005, 02:59:38 PM »

I was always a Hogan loyalist back then.? I know he wasn't a good in ring performer either, but I was...and to some extent still am a Hulkamaniac.

Even though he cannot be bothered make many appearances to further the fued leaving it upto HBK to carry things.

The fact that he's a broken-down mess who cannot even have a proper warm-up match with him.

He made a career on 'Show & Personality' just like HBK said.

I can understand why people loved him as kids but now he's just a mess, i'm enjoying this feud but my enjoyment has nothing to do with him, his contribution has been pitiful and the match at Summerslam is going to be damn short because if it isn't he could quite easily collapse because his body is a wreck.  He would have a lot more mobility if he wasn't still on the juice...which he is...trust me yes
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2166 on: August 11, 2005, 08:39:48 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the song thats in Batistas new entrance music..I know Salive sings it i just forget what its called

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2167 on: August 11, 2005, 09:44:12 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the song thats in Batistas new entrance music..I know Salive sings it i just forget what its called

I think it's called Unleashed

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2168 on: August 11, 2005, 10:18:16 PM »

Thanks dude i got it

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2169 on: August 12, 2005, 11:44:36 AM »

It's been more than a decade since Peterborough wrestling fans heard the phrase "What a rush" blast from the Memorial Centre sound system.

This Monday night (August 15), the phrase that once marked the entrance of the Road Warriors will boom once again as Joe Laurinaitis, better known as Road Warrior Animal, returns to Peterborough.

With him will be his new tag team partner John Heidenreich along with a host of the wrestling's biggest names from the World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) Smackdown show.

Animal says he has seen the business change a lot since he was last in town and yet some things remain the same.

"I've seen it (professional wrestling) change leaps and bounds but I've also seen it come back around again," he says.

"What was hot 10 years ago is hot again today."

A decade ago, he was teamed with Road Warrior Hawk to form what arguably remains the most popular tag team of all-time. The duo enjoyed international success and recognition.

"Hawk and I were called the (Hulk) Hogan of tag teams," he recalls.

Unfortunately Hawk died of an apparent heart attack in late 2003, prompting Animal to take some time away from the business. He returned early last month and teamed up with Heidenreich. The pair have enjoyed immediate success, winning tag team titles on Smackdown and garnering incredible fan support.

"The people have been phenomenal," Animal says of the support shown for the new team.

"Hawk and I had such a history together, I didn't know how they'd react."

Animal and Hawk entered the world of professional wrestling more than 20 years ago after being discovered at a Minnesota restaurant by wrestler and trainer Eddie Sharkey.

Following a brief period spent learning the ropes, the pair named themselves the Road Warriors and began wrestling on the Georgia Championship Wrestling circuit.

The team quickly rose through the ranks of professional wrestling, capturing tag team titles in the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and numerous other wrestling promotions around the world.

In 1991, the Road Warriors entered the World Wrestling Federation, known today as WWE, and assumed the name Legion Of Doom. A year later, they captured the WWE tag team championship by defeating the Nasty Boys.

The team left the WWE in the mid-1990s but returned in 1997 to capture their second WWE tag team championship. Unfortunately, their second stay in the WWE was brief. Hawk struggled with addiction problems that hindered his ability to perform and the team left the company in 1998.

The Road Warriors made a surprise return to the WWE in 2003 once Hawk had overcome his addictions.

Although they failed to win the title for a third time, fans welcomed them back with open arms. But that success was short-lived as Hawk died less than six months later.

Animal returned to the WWE and teamed with Heidenreich early this summer. The team defeated MNM for the tag team title during July's Great American Bash pay-per-view. Animal dedicated the match to his former partner Hawk.

Animal and Heidenreich will be defending their tag team title against MNM at the Memorial Centre Monday.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2170 on: August 12, 2005, 12:57:58 PM »

"Hawk and I were called the (Hulk) Hogan of tag teams," he recalls.
Yeah very true, both were awful in the ring, they dominated a division based on their good gimmick not their wrestling skills since they had fuck all, they stayed around beyond their prime and now Animal like Hogan has returned, and taken up TV time not because of a passion for the business but for promotion and to boost their own egos.  With all that said Animal seems like a nice guy in interviews, very family orientated.  In the ring though for the majority of their careers they were total pricks and they've been honest about it (they were in their DVD).  One match they were meant to job they decided they did not want to so they got steel chairs and got themselves DQ'D....that did not go down well, they also failed to take care of their opponents tossing them about often causing damage to them.  To make masters worse he has taken under his wing one of the worst in-ring stars since Giant Gonzalez, it's as bad as when Undertaker tried to take Nathan Jones under his wing from a storyline point of view and in reality A-Train.  Seems big men seem to like helping along big men who are even worse.  Speaking on that subject it reminds me of the stupidity of King of The Ring 1993Vince wanted Hogan to drop the belt to Bret Hart seeing him as the rightful successor and the future of the company, Hogan though did not believe he was ready and refused, he obviously thought dropping it to Yokozuna was a better idea Roll Eyes What a moron!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #2171 on: August 12, 2005, 03:49:21 PM »

Hey man..Animal is pretty good in the ring for his age..Hes got alot of intensity and its good to see him back..Hawk would be proud..And you gotta love his powerslam its the best man..Hidenrich is a good pairing for him to

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2172 on: August 12, 2005, 03:57:56 PM »

Hey man..Animal is pretty good in the ring for his age..Hes got alot of intensity and its good to see him back..Hawk would be proud..And you gotta love his powerslam its the best man..Hidenrich is a good pairing for him to
He's just as shit as he always was, only difference now is he's slower and fatter, Heindenreich is a good pairing...he sucks too!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2173 on: August 12, 2005, 04:47:51 PM »

He's just as shit as he always was, only difference now is he's slower and fatter, Heindenreich is a good pairing...he sucks too!

I didn't see him, but I read he was lighter/trimmer...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2174 on: August 12, 2005, 04:59:12 PM »

I didn't see him, but I read he was lighter/trimmer...
trimmer...no...lighter...probably...fat does weigh less than muscle, he's lost some of the muscle and gained alot of the fat.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2175 on: August 13, 2005, 03:59:35 PM »

I was always a Hogan loyalist back then.? I know he wasn't a good in ring performer either, but I was...and to some extent still am a Hulkamaniac.

Even though he cannot be bothered make many appearances to further the fued leaving it upto HBK to carry things.

The fact that he's a broken-down mess who cannot even have a proper warm-up match with him.

He made a career on 'Show & Personality' just like HBK said.

I can understand why people loved him as kids but now he's just a mess, i'm enjoying this feud but my enjoyment has nothing to do with him, his contribution has been pitiful and the match at Summerslam is going to be damn short because if it isn't he could quite easily collapse because his body is a wreck.? He would have a lot more mobility if he wasn't still on the juice...which he is...trust me yes

Yeah, you're right one with what you said.  But even so, Hogan's so good at getting the crowd to get behind him that sometimes I can't help but do so too.  But nothing Michaels has been saying about Hogan is untrue.  That's ohne of the reasons his promos have been so great recently.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #2176 on: August 13, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »

Im so fuckin' tired of those "legends". like the latest RKO match, a fucking fat-ass-loser KAMALA?! what the hell, they should've putted Benoit or someone against him... i wonder how many "legend" are they affort to put in.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2177 on: August 13, 2005, 04:44:48 PM »

Hogan's so good at getting the crowd to get behind him that sometimes I can't help but do so too.
Actually i don't think he is...fans just chant for him because they love him and always will, HIS promo's have been nothing to write home about.

But nothing Michaels has been saying about Hogan is untrue. ?That's one of the reasons his promos have been so great recently.
Yeah, very true, plus the intensity he puts into, makes you wonder if he really thinks that. ?Read an this today on Hogan saying;
The Canadian Press ran a national story about Hulk Hogan and his match with Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam. Hogan said the match at SummerSlam is "About me. This is my time. I've always been the man. I don't mean to sound pompous, but it's true." Hogan also claimed Michaels went against the script on the Larry King deal.
That doesn't surprise me at all. ?He is an egotistical prick (Michaels has his moments to ?Wink ) I find it amusing that HBK went against the script, i guess Hogan did not want that dose of reality aired on TV.

Im so fuckin' tired of those "legends". like the latest RKO match, a fucking fat-ass-loser KAMALA?! what the hell, they should've putted Benoit or someone against him... i wonder how many "legend" are they affort to put in.
Yeah you have a point, Kamala is no legend not my any means.  Nice nostalga trip to see him but nothing else.  This legend killer gimmicks become a bit of a joke, Harley Race (Retired), Mick Foley (Retired), Ric Flair (Should be Retired), Shawn Michaels (Legend), Moolah (Pensioner/Female), Undertaker (Legend)...but he failed to beat him, Jake Roberts (Semi-Retired, Fat, Drunk, Drugged-up), Steve Austin (Lost his job because of Orton...but got it back soon and he was already retired), Sgt Slaughter (Retired), Eric Bischoff (Non-Wrestler).  Nearly every wrestler he has taken out since this gimmick started has been retired for awhile already, or hasn't really been much of a legend anyway the only notable victories are the ones over Foley & HBK (who defeated him in a return match...so much for being a 'killer')
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 04:57:31 PM by Stoned » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2178 on: August 13, 2005, 05:10:42 PM »

It's amazing, though, how Kamala hasn't seemed to have aged in 30 years.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2179 on: August 14, 2005, 12:45:05 AM »

I have to disagree when it comes to Hogan's promos.  Ever see his promo before fighting Andre The Giant at the WreslteMania where they had the tournament for the World Title (I forget exactly which one that was)?  That was one of the greatest promos of all time.  Talking about how he's gonna break the fault line when he slams Andre, and all the Hulkamaniacs are gonna fall into the ocean with Donald Trump, and Trump will have to give up his "material possessions" so the Hulk can "doggy paddle us all to safety".  And he delivers it with such intensity.  The first time I saw that promo I nearly pissed my pants laughing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: