Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 847262 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2020 on: July 06, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

It looks like Christian is gonna have to wait his turn for a World Title in WWE as he is facing Batista on SD this week. That sucks! Christian's momentum is all but gone now.

Also Benoit/Booker for a shot at OJ's US title probably at GAB

As it stands now Gr8 American Bash will be centered round:

World Heavyweight Title Match
Batista Vs JBL

Undertaker/Muhammed Hassan

WWE US Title Match
OJ Vs Benoit/Booker

Luckily its on SS1 this time round so ill be happier about seeing it
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2021 on: July 06, 2005, 12:20:52 PM »

It looks like Christian is gonna have to wait his turn for a World Title in WWE as he is facing Batista on SD this week. That sucks! Christian's momentum is all but gone now.

Also Benoit/Booker for a shot at OJ's US title probably at GAB

As it stands now Gr8 American Bash will be centered round:

World Heavyweight Title Match
Batista Vs JBL

Undertaker/Muhammed Hassan

WWE US Title Match
OJ Vs Benoit/Booker

Luckily its on SS1 this time round so ill be happier about seeing it
Yeah well i missed it last year it was the first WWE PPV excluding the UK one's that i missed since like 1997 because the line-up was so piss poor.  They need to get the US Title off Orlando Jordan, but Benoit? Booker T? I hate it when they push main eventers after these titles because their is no room for them at the top, they are way beyond this belt.  As for the main event from a wrestling point of view it will be awful, it needs to be some kind of gimmick match to provide some entertainment same goes for Hassan & Taker, he ain't to bad in the ring but no way can he carry Taker.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2022 on: July 06, 2005, 12:45:29 PM »

On the top of the WWE.com site today, it now says, "BREAKING NEWS: Brock Lesnar to meet with WWE officials".

It also has a big photo of Lesnar with the caption "WWE.com has learned through a reliable source that Brock Lesnar will be meeting with WWE officials. Stay tuned to WWE.com today as this breaking story continues to develop."

We've been told that Lesnar has actually been in talks with WWE for at least the last week. He is expected to return shortly.

More on this breaking story shortly.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2023 on: July 06, 2005, 01:02:13 PM »

Thats good news, Smackdown could do with some extra start power and desperately needs a shot of in-ring prowess at the top so Lesnar is perfect.

Complete with a new attitude i think Brock will do better this time around ok

I find the way WWE posted that on their site however hilarious! They sound a 14 year old mark creating his 1st website hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2024 on: July 06, 2005, 02:48:01 PM »

Well Brock couln't make it as a football player ,so i guess that he has to come back their really isn't mush else he can do for money.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2025 on: July 06, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Released
Matt Morgan
Charlie Haas
Jackie Gayda
Marty Jannetty
Dawn Marie
The Dudley Boyz

Fucking hell this is crazy Marty Jannetty could of been used so well with new talent he showed he still had it in the ring.? Charlie Haas ? was one of the best in-ring wrestlers on the roster this is another joke and The Dudley Boyz....what in God's name are they thinking they are single handedly crucifying the tag division.? As for Brock Lesnar fuck him he ain't changed he slagged off the company, the business and the fans when he left the only reason he wants back is money, he has realised he can't make it anywhere else and nobody else wants to know.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:00:32 PM by Stoned » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2026 on: July 06, 2005, 03:11:33 PM »

What The fuck are the thinking with some of these releases ?

Looks like Tna has a chance to pick up some really good talant.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #2027 on: July 06, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »

What is Vince on? Dudleys not getting renewed is insane. The nameless women SD has on the show could have been fired before Jackie/Dawn. Poor Morgan, his two runs in WWE in the space of 2 yrs bombed badly. I thought a stutterless Morgan could have a chance.

Stoned summed up Haas well so ill just say i agree. He should try ROH etc. They would at least respect him.

Jannetty could have participated in an angle to put over a hungry rookie at the very very least. Maybe in the HBK angle? "You've changed Shawn" etc.

Well along with Marc Loyd thats 16 gone and more to come. Who's next?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2028 on: July 06, 2005, 03:17:55 PM »

Several WWE wrestlers are telling sources they are extremely nervous every time their telephone rings, expecting a call from WWE management about being one of the next released from the company. 15 have been cut within the past 24 hours, and we know for a fact that several more are imminent. To say people are tense in WWE right now is the understatement of the year.

One of the main reasons for the numerous roster cuts the last day or so is the combination of a poor quarter earning, which was announced last week, and the fact that WWE will lose over $10 million in advertising revenue for the next calendar year from the move from SpikeTV to USA Network. They are also apparently feeing up some salary cash to bring back Brock Lesnar.

Fuck they had a poor quarter because incompetent writers came up with shit storylines, sack those bastards instead, and some great wrestling talent is being released for a young fuck who does not give a crap about the business...FUCK BROCK LESNAR...gives us The Dudley Boyz, Charlie Haas, Billy Kidman, Marty Jannetty....those with in-ring talent who deserve a job with the company.

Despite all the releases there has been a signing Big Vito who is expected to team with Nunzio.

What really annoys me are the people they are releasing i agree cuts need to be made, here's a list of who they should released

Rosey
Mark Henry
Big Show
Vis
Heindenreich
Kenzo Suzuki

and they should re-employ the dudes i mentioned...jeez this makes my blood boil, sack the ones i mentioned not one could improve TNA business, guys like The Dudley Boyz can...where is the business sense?

Jannetty could have participated in an angle to put over a hungry rookie at the very very least. Maybe in the HBK angle? "You've changed Shawn" etc.
Exactly that would have been awesome fans would of loved it and those 2 aren't just magic as a team they are magic against each other.  In 1993 they had some of the best matches in the company all year they were fantastic together, and he could be great for the tag division put with a young dude

Well along with Marc Loyd thats 16 gone and more to come. Who's next?
Well i have said who it should be but i suspect it will be guys like Val Venis who have talent but are misused, they should ditch all the diva search people it's a fucking insult, if i was Charlie Haas i would feel bitter so fucking bitter, in every match he has been in since day one he has worked he ass off he's been awesome then he gets told they need to make cutbacks so he's fired, he must be thinking if they need to make cutbacks from a wrestling company why are the fucking eye-candy no talent bitches still employed?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:24:00 PM by Stoned » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2029 on: July 06, 2005, 03:22:08 PM »

Damn, WWE is really trimming the roster down.  I don't like all of the releases, but maybe Vince is trimming the fat so he can end the roster split?  I doubt it though.  Probably just has another batch of big stiff dudes who can't work that he wants to bring up from OVW.  Maybe TNA can get Spike, Bubba, and D-Von and make em like the old school ECW Dudleys?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2030 on: July 06, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »

Perhaps Vince needs to make these mistakes and for TNA to gain to realise that he can't make stupid decisions anymore and needs to wise up?

I was'nt into WCW much in 2000 so can anyone let me know if Big Vito is at least decent in the ring?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2031 on: July 06, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »

I was'nt into WCW much in 2000 so can anyone let me know if Big Vito is at least decent in the ring?
Not really i saw him for TNA he's nothing special, i think the main reason he's been signed is 'cos he's quite 'big' and Vince has a hard on for big guys and so Nunzio can have a tag partner FBI style.
Evolution
« Reply #2032 on: July 06, 2005, 03:30:12 PM »

Why didnt WWE just keep Johnny Stamboli if they wanted a FBI style team?? I remember they had a small following at one point that im sure could have been capitalised on.

Perhaps WWE should give The Bull a call and reform The Mamalukes Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #2033 on: July 06, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »

Well there goes Kenzo Suzuki www.wwe.com

Hiroko will be next
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2034 on: July 06, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »

Well there goes Kenzo Suzuki www.wwe.com

Hiroko will be next
Yes headbanger one off my list 5 to go

Why didnt WWE just keep Johnny Stamboli if they wanted a FBI style team?? I remember they had a small following at one point that im sure could have been capitalised on.
Exactly that was totally stupid, the team had turned face, they were getting quite popular then they fired the guy, another stupid decision.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:38:30 PM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #2035 on: July 06, 2005, 03:38:52 PM »

Breaking News: Lesnar to meet with WWE officials
July 6, 2005

WWE.com has learned through a reliable source that Brock Lesnar will be meeting with WWE officials.

When asked by WWE.com if a meeting with Brock Lesnar was scheduled to take place, the Chairman?s office issued this response: ?This is none of your business.?

WWE.com is currently attempting to reach Lesnar for comment.

Stay tuned to WWE.com today as this story continues to develop

The Lesnar saga deepens
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2036 on: July 06, 2005, 03:48:57 PM »

Well at least Kenzo Suzuki's gone.  He was definitely one of the worst workers I've ever seen.  That match at last year's Great American Bash against Billy Gunn was totally dreadful.  Anyone else agree that that was the worst WWE/WWF pay-per-view ever?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Evolution
« Reply #2037 on: July 06, 2005, 03:52:33 PM »

ive seen worse.......although thinking about it i can't really remember if i have Wink

JBL/Eddie and Rey/Chavo or Kerwin were enjoyable at least
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2038 on: July 06, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »

Well at least Kenzo Suzuki's gone.? He was definitely one of the worst workers I've ever seen.? That match at last year's Great American Bash against Billy Gunn was totally dreadful.? Anyone else agree that that was the worst WWE/WWF pay-per-view ever?
Never saw it but you watch King of The Ring 1995 i find it difficult to believe anything could be worse than that...King Mabel...total fucking joke...some things never change
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2039 on: July 06, 2005, 03:56:36 PM »

ive seen worse.......although thinking about it i can't really remember if i have Wink

JBL/Eddie and Rey/Chavo or Kerwin were enjoyable at least

Rey/Chavo was pretty good...and although that Undertaker match was terrible, the following sequence where he killed Paul Bearer with the cement machine and they never explained why was priceless. ?But any pay-per-view that features matches involving Kenzo, Mordecai, Heidenreich, and Luther Rheins is without a doubt bad.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: