Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 847275 times)
Evolution
« Reply #2000 on: July 04, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »

All in all i think the draft was a great success and the month long thing should definately be repeated. I just feel that SD didnt get that gigantic a boost. A big one sure but it still is'nt Raw's equal
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2001 on: July 04, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »

I think the draft was a pretty bad idea.  Switching the two champs to different shows devalues their titles even more.  And the draft made it even more obvious that Smackdown is the B-show for the WWE.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2002 on: July 04, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »

I think the draft was a pretty bad idea.? Switching the two champs to different shows devalues their titles even more.? And the draft made it even more obvious that Smackdown is the B-show for the WWE.
Well unless the roster split comes to and end, which it won't and can't then i would say it's a good idea it's the only way to keep things fresh.  The roster split cannot end until alot 15+ stars at least are released, and they also need to be released from all ends of the card from main event to low card so things balance out, obvious ones that come to mind are main eventers like Big Show and low card stars like Vis, Mark Henry (who's just signed a new contract) & Rosey.  This won't happen because of Vince's big men thing, he loves them and always pushes them no matter how awful.  What he fails to realise is if he fired these guys and TNA snapped them up they would not improve TNA business or buy rates so they are safe to release, are any of these guys whether with WWE or TNA going to influence you to buy the PPV?  Anyway like i said these guys won't get the sack which means there are too many wrestlers for one roster especially since TNA could go under any time and that would mean even more signings.  For this reason alone the split needs to remain and the draft is the only way of getting new feuds.  Switching the championships has showed one thing that we all new anyway RAW is the NO.1 brand and therefore they have the most 'Over' Champ.  John Cena is more popular than Batista, he is more skilled on the mic, in-ring (doesn't say much for Batista) and has youth on his side he's in his early 20s and Batista is 39...he's older than HHH i do believe so the future he definately isn't.  On a side-note the benefit of TNA going under would we could potentially see The Hardy Boyz return (it's more possible than you think...i'll go into that another time), The Naturals & America's Most Wanted...3 awesome tag teams that would massively boost the division.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2003 on: July 04, 2005, 10:30:24 PM »

Fuck you Batstista is 40?

I hope that's an exaggeration?!

Jesus.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2004 on: July 04, 2005, 11:04:21 PM »

Fuck you Batstista is 40?

I hope that's an exaggeration?!

Jesus.
Ok...you lost me..maybe it's because i've been drinking but you sound pissed...ok whatever...explain in your own time...

....Onto RAW a very weird show i found myself enjoying it...a wrestling show even though every match sucked and that's because the segments worked thet were all funny and entertaining, now for RAW to come out on top as trully great it needs to combine the great segments it has with great wrestling.....jeez mods these days Roll Eyes...they should be taken downtown to chinatown yes? One of the reasons had to be the lack of HHH & Ric Flair without them the show seemed so much more fresh, if only i could honestly believe they will not be there next week either.? It was also great to see Carlito in the main event the WWE obviously has faith in this guy which is a great thing as he is awesome i really love the guy....on a side note is Shelton Benjamin injured now or has he been demoted to Heat?? As for the end awesome the one bit of good wrestling was provided by HBK & Angle.? As for HBK superkicking Hogan i am still in shock, great stuff i have been wanting him to turn heel again for ages and as Jonathan Coachman said; I like it but i don't understand it....RAW after this is a must watch next week and that's what it's always been about....being a must watch show...wanting to tune in next week to see what happens.
Evolution
« Reply #2005 on: July 05, 2005, 10:51:16 AM »

I heard Robert COnway jobbed to Shelton in a pre Raw dark match last night Stoned. No Heat or Velocity this week either nor next week as they are combining Raw/SD tapings due to the schedule being so full.

HBK's heel turn was completely unexpected! I felt Raw would just end on the feel good 4th July posedown. HBK is one man who knows how to get a crowd pissed.

One negative however is that barring a Kurt Angle face turn HBK/Angle III may be sometime coming
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2006 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:29 AM »

I was shocked big time when Michelas did that..Like ya said he does know how to piss a crowd of

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2007 on: July 05, 2005, 02:21:14 PM »

I heard Robert Conway jobbed to Shelton in a pre Raw dark match last night Stoned. No Heat or Velocity this week either nor next week as they are combining Raw/SD tapings due to the schedule being so full.
Yeah i heard Robert Conway looked like Buff Bagwell rofl least it's good to know he's dropped the awful french gimmick, speaking of awful gimmicks Kerwin White?....What the hell have they done to Chavo Guerrero no It's not good to see a great wrestler ruined with what looks like a shit gimmick...still you have to laugh hihi

HBK's heel turn was completely unexpected! I felt Raw would just end on the feel good 4th July posedown. HBK is one man who knows how to get a crowd pissed.

One negative however is that barring a Kurt Angle face turn HBK/Angle III may be sometime coming
Great to see the heel turn it's long overdue and it really does make for interesting viewing i can't wait 'til next week to see how things develope,  Maybe leaving HBK/Angle III for a while is a good idea, then when they finally do meet again it will be more special, as much as i want to see them fight all the time there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.  My guess is his heel turn will result in him helping put over John Cena once he's stopped feuding with Chris Jericho and then it will be HHH who relieves Cena of the title once these 2 have been fed to him, i hope it doesn't happen this way though i would love to see another HBK title run.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #2008 on: July 05, 2005, 03:23:31 PM »

I'd love to see a HBK title run too, but I doubt it'll be happening any time soon.  Expect a long John Cena title run.  Things seems to be shaping up for that.  Raw has become very heel heavy, not many faces worth mentioning at this point.  They'll probably have Cena run through all the heels on Raw (Jericho, Triple H, Angle, Michaels, Edge) then finally drop the title to Triple H in a few months.  Am I the only one that can't stand Cena?  He's a terrible worker, but everybody seems to ignore that.  His mic skills are good, but his gimmick is lousy too.  I really hope they at least go away from the whole wannabe black dude thing.  Keep his intensity and good mic skills, loose the tired annoying played out gimmick.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #2009 on: July 05, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »

Raw seems to amaziningly heel heavy now! SD is slightly more even but everyone seems to be turning heel now, and no face turns.

Edge, HHH, Angle, HBK, Jericho, Carlito compared to Cena, Big Show nervous, RVD, Kane as faces

They should maybe have kept Orton on Raw as a face and sent Jericho over to SD as a heel to even it up a bit.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2010 on: July 05, 2005, 06:11:04 PM »

Am I the only one that can't stand Cena?? He's a terrible worker, but everybody seems to ignore that.? His mic skills are good, but his gimmick is lousy too.? I really hope they at least go away from the whole wannabe black dude thing.? Keep his intensity and good mic skills, loose the tired annoying played out gimmick.
The gimmick isn't great i used to hate it but now i don't mind it, though he was better as a heel, although we really can't have him turn heel, who the fuck would he feud with then?  His in-ring skills need improving but he isn't all bad, not the great he is made out to be though.  Orton is the future though because he has it all, the gimmick, the in-ring skills and the mic skills as a heel is close to faultless he has already had awesome matches with Mick Foley, Chris Benoit, Edge & Shawn Michaels to name a few.

Raw seems to amaziningly heel heavy now! SD is slightly more even but everyone seems to be turning heel now, and no face turns.

Edge, HHH, Angle, HBK, Jericho, Carlito compared to Cena, Big Show nervous, RVD, Kane as faces

They should maybe have kept Orton on Raw as a face and sent Jericho over to SD as a heel to even it up a bit.
RVD is going to be injured for 6-12 months so he doesn't really count, Big Show sucks and Kane's character has been tarnished too many times over the years for him to be taken seriously.  I see Shelton Benjamin getting a major push, you often find people drop the IC Title and within' months are going after the big one.  Keeping Orton as a face would not of worked he bombed as a face though he is great as a heel.  They should of sent Jericho over i agree with that and given Christian a massive push, he's so over it would of been a great idea.  They are going to have to have some face turns soon, maybe Carlito in a few months, who knows?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2011 on: July 05, 2005, 07:24:08 PM »

Okay, I had been drinking. A lot.

But, I just couldn't believe that

Batista is 39

Is that so hard to understand?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2012 on: July 05, 2005, 07:39:27 PM »

Okay, I had been drinking. A lot.

But, I just couldn't believe that

Batista is 39

Is that so hard to understand?
Nah i understood when i re-read it today...sober, that is his definate age though, i was surprised truth is WWE supposedly did not know when they signed him like many people in the business he lied about his age, i guess he thought they would not want to sign him or push him if they knew how old he really was.
Evolution
« Reply #2013 on: July 05, 2005, 07:54:16 PM »

They should get Al Snow to make him feel bad like he did Marty Wright in Tough Enough 4 hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2014 on: July 05, 2005, 08:40:46 PM »

I fuckin loved the Shawn Hell turn .

I always thought he was a better hell then face.

As fair as Raw not having that many faces they could always turn HH face when he returns.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #2015 on: July 05, 2005, 09:18:49 PM »

The following was posted this evening on WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to agreements on the release of the following Superstars, WWE would like to wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Mark Jindrak
Maven
Shannon More
James Yun (Akio)
David Heath (Gangrel)
Billy Kidman

This is only the beginning as well. WWE is expected to make SEVERAL other cuts both on the active talent roster and behind-the-scenes positions. We will keep you updated if anyone else gets released.

Finally Maven is gone..I wanted them to bring Gangrel back though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #2016 on: July 06, 2005, 01:18:25 AM »

Spike Dudley and Kevin Fertig (aka Mordecai) have been released by WWE.

They have added their names to the same page as the other releases

Well finally WWE has cracked open the pink slips

Akio and Shannon despite being longtime losers could have contributed to the "resurgent" Cruisers divison?? Same goes for Kidman!! he was one of the top CW wrestlers at one time.

I heard Spike was taking time due to mounting injuries but surely he would have some use. Jindrak had at least some potential, more than the likes of Heidenreich anyway. Maven i feel was used wrongly ever since he lost the Hardcore Title.

Mordecai i guess wasnt making progress in OVW enough and his "baseball cap bustup" with Cornette may have something to do with it.

Angry Undecided  i wanted to see Gangrel return once more............oh well cant have 'em all.

All in all some odd releases from WWE this time round i feel

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2017 on: July 06, 2005, 03:42:48 AM »

Hey guys ive been at my GF's house for bout 3 weeks now and havent got to watch wrestling any

what wrestlers ended up getting drafted where?

Is RVD on Raw now?

did Christian stay on Raw?

who all went someone help me out please

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2018 on: July 06, 2005, 03:46:11 AM »

Nevermind I went and looked

Fuck im pissed

No More christian and Batista and we get Big show's boring ass, fuck man this draft sucked.

I dont get Smackdown anymore so I will never get to see Christian or Batista again.

fuckin WWE, end this piece of shit brand extension.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2019 on: July 06, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »

The following was posted this evening on WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to agreements on the release of the following Superstars, WWE would like to wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Mark Jindrak
Maven
Shannon More
James Yun (Akio)
David Heath (Gangrel)
Billy Kidman

This is only the beginning as well. WWE is expected to make SEVERAL other cuts both on the active talent roster and behind-the-scenes positions. We will keep you updated if anyone else gets released.

Finally Maven is gone..I wanted them to bring Gangrel back though
The point of trading Mark Jindrak to Raw was what? Maven's gone... peace awesome.  Shannon Moore's career got killed when he got that dodgy haircut and spikes on his costume good riddance.  Gangrel...o well nevermind.  Billy Kidman & Akio's releases have me fuming both have in-ring talent and would of been great in the cruiserweight division which they keep building up then down, fuck that's a joke.  I remember Paul London & Billy Kidman had a hot feud the other year, even made it onto pay per view and then before you know it they dissappear back onto Velocity....bastards! Spike Dudley...he was never any good with WWE but still was part of the cruiserweight division, Mordecai rofl who cares Huh Now tell me this how can you release these guys and still employ Rosey, Heindereich, Mark Henry (who's signed a new 3 year contract)
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: