Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 847452 times)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1960 on: June 14, 2005, 04:52:34 AM »

I just finished watching the ECW PPV AND I FUCKING LOVED IT.

If there was a way to get rid of Bradshaw for good but oh well.

Damn that Sandman entrance was rocking worlds!

beer
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1961 on: June 14, 2005, 08:28:04 AM »

Seems i'm alone in thinking the PPV was pretty damn poor, The Awesome & Sabu matches were good as was Paul Heyman's shoot promo...overall most matches felt lacklustre and short and for a company considered extreme did not really have the extreme feel.  As for Mick Foley's commentary it was a fuckin' joke he was clueless and calling the cheesegrater stuff a bit comical, now we all know it's fake but do you really need to state the obvious and the invasion was pointless they tried to build it up all night and it was pretty fuckin' anti-climatic and as for Austin turning up he's a WWE legend and he came out acting like his WWE character it just did not feel like an ECW PPV it was still WWE all over.  As for Raw last night it also sucked the end segment was good and so was...errr...nothing else...okay moving on that ECW report...what a joke...way to kill the conversation in a thread.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1962 on: June 14, 2005, 08:49:10 AM »

Seems i'm alone in thinking the PPV was pretty damn poor, The Awesome & Sabu matches were good as was Paul Heyman's shoot promo...overall most matches felt lacklustre and short and for a company considered extreme did not really have the extreme feel. As for Mick Foley's commentary it was a fuckin' joke he was clueless and calling the cheesegrater stuff a bit comical, now we all know it's fake but do you really need to state the obvious and the invasion was pointless they tried to build it up all night and it was pretty fuckin' anti-climatic and as for Austin turning up he's a WWE legend and he came out acting like his WWE character it just did not feel like an ECW PPV it was still WWE all over. As for Raw last night it also sucked the end segment was good and so was...errr...nothing else...okay moving on that ECW report...what a joke...way to kill the conversation in a thread.

nearly 5 years away, it was never going to be the same. especially under the wwe. Be happy with what we got; i never expected to see ecw ever again so i'm happy. I do agree that overall it wasn't as good as the good old days - but it never is.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1963 on: June 14, 2005, 12:13:02 PM »

Seems i'm alone in thinking the PPV was pretty damn poor, The Awesome & Sabu matches were good as was Paul Heyman's shoot promo...overall most matches felt lacklustre and short and for a company considered extreme did not really have the extreme feel. As for Mick Foley's commentary it was a fuckin' joke he was clueless and calling the cheesegrater stuff a bit comical, now we all know it's fake but do you really need to state the obvious and the invasion was pointless they tried to build it up all night and it was pretty fuckin' anti-climatic and as for Austin turning up he's a WWE legend and he came out acting like his WWE character it just did not feel like an ECW PPV it was still WWE all over. As for Raw last night it also sucked the end segment was good and so was...errr...nothing else...okay moving on that ECW report...what a joke...way to kill the conversation in a thread.

nearly 5 years away, it was never going to be the same. especially under the wwe. Be happy with what we got; i never expected to see ecw ever again so i'm happy. I do agree that overall it wasn't as good as the good old days - but it never is.
Fine it was under WWE but the bookers were Heyman & Dreamer, Jericho & Storm booked their own match...that's why i am dissapointed...i expected more from these guys, i understand one of the reasons why it did not quite work and i do have sympathy, they tried to put too many stars on the show and in doing so had to compromise match length and therefore quality, hopefully though with more time things will get better i can't see this being just a one night stand.  Smackdown's TV deal is up soon and word has it they will move it to a shit late night slot, there's talk of bringing ECW back in some way to replace it, that would help explain why WWE has signed Kid Kash, Psychosis, Super Crazy & C.W. Anderson and why in the draft Benoit has gone to Smackdown where they also have Eddie Guerrero, The Dudley Boyz + Spike, Rob Van Dam, Nunzio (Little Guido), Tazz, Rey Mysterio & Al SnowRAW has Jericho, Simon Dean, Steven Richards & Tajiri...move them over in the draft & sign some more ECW stars, give control to Heyman and there ya go!  If what Vince said about supporting the company financially all those years was true he could do the same again, i mean fine he gets the money but the fans get the REAL ECW...everyone's happy. 

In other ECW news i read that JBL legitimately beat up The Blue Meanie at the PPV by throwing real punches and caused quite a bit of damage...these 2 have never liked each other going back to when Meanie was a WWE worker.
izzyrose
Headliner

Station dudes n' dudettes!!! GUNS N' ROSES!!!

« Reply #1964 on: June 14, 2005, 02:36:27 PM »

hey dudes. hu saw ecw 1 nite stand?

peace izzyrose ok
                                                    beer

:ok: izzyrose:peace:
? ? ? ?  beer
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #1965 on: June 14, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »

I didn't have the chance to see it, but I heard it was very good.  From what I hear the RVD interview might've have been the highlight of the night.  He went off on the WWE for not using him properly.  Was Mike Awesome vs. Tanaka as good as everybody says it was?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
izzyrose
Headliner

« Reply #1966 on: June 14, 2005, 03:46:48 PM »

I havn't seen it yet either but my brothers mate is gonna lend me the video. ma brova says that it lists all 10 people that died accidentally in ECW.

peace izzyrose ok
                                                      beer

? ? ? ?  beer
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #1967 on: June 14, 2005, 05:04:31 PM »

it fucking rocked!!!  beer
izzyrose
Headliner

« Reply #1968 on: June 14, 2005, 05:06:25 PM »

u saw it. rock on dude!!!

peace izzyrose ok
                                                    beer

? ? ? ?  beer
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1969 on: June 14, 2005, 05:08:59 PM »

It could have been better but It was still pretty fucking good.

Bye the way this should be in the Wrestling thread.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=695.0

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1970 on: June 14, 2005, 06:53:16 PM »

JBL has grown on me so much. Likewise Edge.

They're the best heels WWE has had in years.
I'd elaborate but...

...I'm sure you all knew that.  Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1971 on: June 14, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

.....And Christian is the best Tweener since the early pre "What" Austin days.

Comedy in its finest and it wont be long before the fans turn him completely face.

UI, agreed on JBL and Edge, i still dont actually believe how long he held that title, i thought it would of been curtains when Farooq left/retired/quit/died/fell of the Wagon.

Hell No! He/they(WWE) reinvented him to resemble part of his real life (stocks and shares) and it fuckin worked.

Edge, well, hes been due this for a long time, get rid of the hair already and that would make him a fully bonifide heel.
Unfortunately i cant see him beaing a title holder, well not beating Batista anyway, maybe against HHH, not Dave!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1972 on: June 14, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »

Edge, JBL, Christian & Carlito are all top class heels...my top 4 at the moment.  Carlito should get a run with the US Title, have a decent feud to give the belt some meaning again since at the moment it's being buried.  Edge deserves the belt (from a 'wrestling' point of view i don't give a fuck about his personal shit) he is gold on RAW at the moment and has been for a while, magic on the mic and in the ring.  It's great to see Christian is getting a World Title shot...on PPV...after all these years, it's a shame he won't win but it's a push in the right direction i think WWE's been listening to the fans...at last.  Can't wait 'til Vengence now HBK vs Kurt Angle II.  Their match at 'Mania for me was match of the year so far, let's hope the rematch is even better and as a HBK fan he gets retribution...would he really job 2wice in a row?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1973 on: June 15, 2005, 02:24:56 PM »

The ECW event slays anything that WWE have put on in the last few years.  The anti-WWE stuff was a big surprise, WWE has become so sterile now I didn't think it'd happen.  RVD seems to be one genuinely p1ssed off 'WWE Superstar'.  I can't blame him.  When you looked at those wrestlers in the WWE blacony, how many of them have actually had a single decent match?  Only the obvious few.  What the feck has Carlito done in the ring?  I never knew Tommy Dreamer had been so stifled, he was utterly pointless in WWE.

That ppv had more enjoyment than about 6 months' worth of Raw/Smackers combined.  Did anyone also hear the crowd chanting "fuck John Cena" or were my ears deceiving me?  The RAW where he was introduced the other week was an embarrassment, JR must be getting well paid to come out with some of the tripe he does.  How can he seriously say the arrival of John Cenile is one of the biggest things to ever hapen to RAW?  Rubbish.  WWE had better be careful, they're devaluing the product so much now that even casual viewers will be turned off.  I can see WWE being a far less successful operation in 5 years' time unless they make some good moves soon.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1974 on: June 15, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »

The ECW event slays anything that WWE have put on in the last few years.? The anti-WWE stuff was a big surprise, WWE has become so sterile now I didn't think it'd happen.? RVD seems to be one genuinely p1ssed off 'WWE Superstar'.? I can't blame him.? When you looked at those wrestlers in the WWE blacony, how many of them have actually had a single decent match?? Only the obvious few.? What the feck has Carlito done in the ring?? I never knew Tommy Dreamer had been so stifled, he was utterly pointless in WWE.

That ppv had more enjoyment than about 6 months' worth of Raw/Smackers combined.? Did anyone also hear the crowd chanting "fuck John Cena" or were my ears deceiving me?? The RAW where he was introduced the other week was an embarrassment, JR must be getting well paid to come out with some of the tripe he does.? How can he seriously say the arrival of John Cenile is one of the biggest things to ever hapen to RAW?? Rubbish.? WWE had better be careful, they're devaluing the product so much now that even casual viewers will be turned off.? I can see WWE being a far less successful operation in 5 years' time unless they make some good moves soon.

Fine things aren't perfect but it also depends on what you like WWE can still put on decent matches and i believe in the future things will be back to it's best.  ECW was good true but it seems a little overated if you ask me, people care about it 'cos they don't have it anymore though they did not care enough to tune in to keep the company in business.  It is entertaining but in small doses after awhile it gets boring and repetative, i would choose a 45 minute classic match with Kurt Angle over any ECW match...this hardcore crap has got out of hand, it's all been done it fails to shock or entertain like it did, ECW was never going to be around for ever it was a one trick pony once the novelty wears off fans will get bored again.  If you want to see the worst in wrestling go to www.wrestlecrap.com it's a hilarious site well worth checking out and reading and this article about WCW Uncensored 1996 shows that no matter how low you sink you can turn things around, WCW had an amazing successful period after this shit;

For those who doubt the egomaniacal tendencies of one Hulk Hogan, I submit this fiasco as ever lasting proof that Terry Bollea is, indeed, what we here at WrestleCrap claim him to be. Deciding early in 1996 that his run in WCW wasn't the success the company needed it to be, Hogan was able to convince the booking crew that what he really needed was to look MORE invincible - this after humiliating and "retiring" Ric Flair, making Vader look like a pansy (and pretty much doing irreparable harm to Leon White's career), and bringing the Four Horsemen literally to their knees.

So, WCW being WCW, he was naturally granted his wish, and thus came Uncensored 1996 - the Doomsday Cage Match.

What? You've never heard of such a thing? Well, that's probably because after this disaster, WCW retired the triple decker cage and it was never heard of again (although to be fair, the Ready to Rumble Cage bears a striking - or is that stinking? - resemblence).

So we had Hogan and his on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again buddy Randy Savage taking on no less than EIGHT men - Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, The Barbarian, Lex Luger, Kevin Sullivan, The Ultimate Solution, Z-Gangsta, and Meng (who, in a stroke of genuis by ring announcer Michael Buffer, was given the worst 'hometown' ever - well, maybe not quite as bad as WCW Special Forces, but pretty damn close).

Now you're probably wondering just who the heck Ultimate Solution and Z-Gangsta (or Z-GangSTER, as the announce crew called him) are...and you would still be wondering that as the match started, as they were nowhere to be found. Sit tight, we'll get to them in a minute.

The opening segment of the match saw Savage and Hogan obliterate Flair and Anderson in the top cage...

...and then throwing powder into their eyes and escape into the second cage.

They then brutalized Luger, Sullivan, Barbarian, and Meng, and Hogan locked them in another part of the cage - or at least tried to (while Barby and the Menger acted helpless).

Yes, it was a two on EIGHT match, but that didn't stop Savage and Hogan from no-selling the entire match!

That is until...

...The Ultimate Solution, Jeep Swenson (who starred in the horrific Batman & Robin as Bane), came down and attacked Hogan. Now why Hogan would sell for an actor but none of the wrestlers is a bit perplexing, but hey, it is Hogan we're talking about.

A funny (well, more like pathetic and insulting) aside about Swenson's character: in the days leading up to the match, he was known as the Final Solution.

Apparently, someone from the Jewish faith must have clued them in that maybe, just MAYBE, that wasn't the greatest ring name in the world, since it was also a code word of sorts for Hitler's plan to exterminate the Jews during the 1930's and 40's.

So he was re-re-named the Ultimate Solution, which, of course, didn't change the fact that the guy still sucked.

And then, as if this match wasn't painful enough, out comes...

ZEUS!!!

That's right, Hogan's old nemesis from No Holds Barred got involved.

Yeah, THAT'll put asses in seats.

Just when things looked bleakest for our hapless heroes, out comes the Booty Man with...FRYING PANS! Hogan and Savage regained the upper hand...

...but Lex Luger put on a "loaded" glove.

Yes, folks, it was cutting edge booking like this that made WCW number 1!

Anyway, Luger missed Hogan and hit Flair. Savage then pinned Flair to end one of the most painful experiences of this reviewer's life.

To sum up:

- Hogan and Savage beat up 8 guys

- In a match containing two actors (and don't write me about Jeep Swenson's glory days in World Class), it was Ric Flair who did the job

- Foreign objects included a loaded glove, frying pans, and powder

- The return of Zeus

- A guy that was named after one of the most hideous acts against humanity

- The Booty Man makes a run-in

- Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan  (God bless his shilling soul) telling us this match was better than the World Series & the Super Bowl

If this isn't WrestleCrap, I don't know what is.
Walapino
VIP

« Reply #1975 on: June 15, 2005, 07:26:48 PM »

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1976 on: June 18, 2005, 05:44:19 AM »

UK ONLY

With the Daily Star Newpaper today (only 50p) you get a free Heroes of Wrestling DVD.  It has the unseen pre 'mania Battle Royal which is entertaining enough, Eugene/Regal's 'Mania Trailer, Regal w/ Daily Star Chicks & Highlights from the 2004 Diva Search...now it's not amazing stuff not by any means but it's free so you can't go wrong.
Evolution
« Reply #1977 on: June 19, 2005, 06:38:49 PM »

I went to the Aberdeen leg of the UK Smackdown tour. and although it wasnt a knockout show being about a metre away from all the wrestlers made it my most enjoyable event to date. Ill post pics once i get 'em. I have a even more strong respect for Kurt Angle after seeing him and Booker put together a fantastic match with great false finishes despite being in front of a couple thousand fans in the P and J Arena. Being around a couple of metres from Steve Austin drinking a beer was surreal. I watched the Austin/McMahon dvd today still hardly believing i saw the Zamboni Incident and Beer Truck man live? hihi

Oh and another item of little note, JBL stole a fans "Just A Born Loser" sign and stamped on it before throwing it high in the air and having it spin round a few times before come crashing down on my shoulder lol. So like i said at the time "Fuck You JBL!"

Also Super Crazy,Psicosis and Juventud are apparentely debuting on Velocity tonight as is Kid Kash on Heat
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:41:01 PM by Evolution » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1978 on: June 20, 2005, 04:57:15 AM »

I went to the Aberdeen leg of the UK Smackdown tour. and although it wasnt a knockout show being about a metre away from all the wrestlers made it my most enjoyable event to date. Ill post pics once i get 'em. I have a even more strong respect for Kurt Angle after seeing him and Booker put together a fantastic match with great false finishes despite being in front of a couple thousand fans in the P and J Arena. Being around a couple of metres from Steve Austin drinking a beer was surreal. I watched the Austin/McMahon dvd today still hardly believing i saw the Zamboni Incident and Beer Truck man live? hihi

Oh and another item of little note, JBL stole a fans "Just A Born Loser" sign and stamped on it before throwing it high in the air and having it spin round a few times before come crashing down on my shoulder lol. So like i said at the time "Fuck You JBL!"

Also Super Crazy,Psicosis and Juventud are apparentely debuting on Velocity tonight as is Kid Kash on Heat
I've never seen a live WWF/WWE show always wanted to but never been arsed forking out the cash, i've seen plenty of british wrestling live, when i was a little kid i saw Giant Haystacks & Rob Brookside numerous times...great stuff...one day i will see WWE but i hope it involves me flying on a plane to america to Wrestlemania...that would be a fuckin' cool first WWE event yes

I was busy watching UFC last night on Bravo and Men Behaving Badly on UK Gold  beer so i missed all the debuts apart from Juventud's which i found time to watch, the match was ok nothing amazing...great finish though it was like a Pump Handle Slam into a Juvi Driver or something similar...wonder why all these stars are stuck making their debuts on the No.2 shows....crazy they should be debuting on Smackdown & Raw.

Raw tonight and time for the 3rd draft now the pattern has been Face to Raw, Face to Smackdown, Heel to Raw, Heel to Smackdown so i expect a face from Smackdown....not Taker he's busy feuding, maybe Rob Van Dam or this could be the first week it's not someone major.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1979 on: June 21, 2005, 05:42:11 AM »

I thought Raw was pretty damn good last night did a good job of hyping Vengeance and it was my fave draft pick yet i love the Carlito gimmick so him being the draft was good, him winning the Intercontinental Title was great.

Positives
#1 Carlito being the draft pick.
#2 Carlito winning the IC Title.
#3 John Cena ending Hassan's 'Undefeated' streak on RAW (it was actually ended ages ago but WWE ignored that fact).
#4 Backstage Segments - Victoria taking out Christy, Angle & Eric telling each other how great they are, Carlito spitting in the face of the 'uncool' Maria.
#5 The Matt Hardy return tease at the wedding, for a brief second it fooled me to before i realised Hardy would never agree to something like that.
#6 No Masterlock Challenge or appearance by Chris Masters.
#7 No appearance by any team from the worst tag team division ever.
#8 No HHH until the last 15 minutes of the show.

Negatives
#1 The awful Viscera lending another blow to Simon Dean's (Nova) career.
#2 Wasting TV time to show us who the new Diva Search Women are...who gives a fuck?
#3 The Wedding, despite the Hardy tease it sucked and took up too much time and because of safety precautions Kane executed the Worst Tombstone i have ever seen it was way way way more obvious than ever that the head did not hit the floor.

So overall the positives easily out weigh the negatives...for once...onto Vengeance now here's the final card:

World Title 'Hell In A Cell' Match: HHH vs. Batista

Wrestlemania 21 Rematch: Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho vs. Christian

Intercontinental Championship: Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin

Kane vs. Edge w/Lita

Christy Hemme vs. Victoria

Predictions:
Batista
HBK
John Cena
Carlito
Edge
Christy

I'm pretty sure Chris Jericho will arrive on Smackdown in the draft now the 'Cabana' is on RAW what would be cool would be if he won the title then got drafted...what would be even cooler is if Christian won it, well can't see Vince being that smart or cool so as Carlito would say; I Spit In The Face Of People Who Don't Wanna Be Cool!!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: